Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 53291 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Prologue: Right Person at the Wrong Place.
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2018, 01:48:53 am »

"Reading is a valuable asset nonetheless, especially readings from the heroes that saved the world." Something odd entered her tone in the latter half of her statement, and if one looked closely her expression actually shifted slightly before returning to normal.
"Training, however, is needed to cement what you learned. You did train, no?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2018, 03:42:11 am »

"Now here's the question William apparently forgot to ask, Miss Glasses; how come you know about these things if you are apparently a spell flinger?"
"Clearly this goes above basic studying, if you noticed William was using a specific fighting style just by watching him in combat."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2018, 03:50:17 am »

William waved off Ismo.

"I'm sure lots of people use the Konian style, or attempt to. Anyone who wants to master the blade would pattern themselves after the greatest living swordswoman of our age."

You can idolize her all you want but the only swordsmanship I care about involving her is the kind behind closed doors. Her husband must be a real tough son of a bitch, if he's still alive.

"..."

William coughed nervously and took a quick moment to collect himself before responding to Vigdis.

"Mainly going through the forms in front of a mirror, general exercises, and image training."

Not that you ever got as good as me. I lost count.

"I... didn't really have anyone to practice with."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2018, 07:34:36 am »

Amber gave Clara a glance - she hadn't been sure before, but now she was sure she recognized the woman. But Clara wasn't mentioning it, so it wasn't her place to mention that whole thing.

"I think she mentioned 'not having a sword at the moment' when the fight broke out; she probably knows how to use them, right?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2018, 10:07:38 am »

"Well..."
"As Amber said, I am a swordswoman too. My sword was on my horse."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2018, 10:24:03 am »

"Considering you will be meddling with a gang again, you will have plenty of people to practice with."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2018, 11:47:54 am »

"I suppose that's true. We'll just deal with them as they come."

"Don't worry about forgetting your sword. Your healing abilities were very useful."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2018, 01:33:04 pm »

"Agreed. We had the upper hand in that fight because of you, as they lacked someone able to cast healing magic their numbers didn't matter too much."
"And whenever we do choose to ambush them, we will have to make it quick as well. Without doubt they will be in larger numbers, and if they somehow manage to get a message out even more will come to assist them."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2018, 04:15:47 pm »

"Hmmh. You're not bad for the lack of practice, but the lack of training outside of your mirror is almost criminal. It seems like we'll be working together for at least some amount of time; that will have to be resolved. Stabbing untrained brutes in the streets will do little to teach you how to deal with a more dangerous enemy."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2018, 04:33:49 pm »

She's saying in a polite way that you suck.

"...I know. But I'd like to believe I'm doing well so far, and things will only get better when I get a less ceremonial sword."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2018, 01:55:31 am »

"Miss Glasses, do you intend to both fight using a sword and also practice spell flinging?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 08, 2018, 05:12:52 pm »

"Don't worry about forgetting your sword. Your healing abilities were very useful."
"Thank you. I am glad to have been of help."
"I do hope my horse is alright. I left him at the stables, but this whole city is rather more... rough... than I am used to."
"Miss Glasses, do you intend to both fight using a sword and also practice spell flinging?"
"I suppose the answer to your question is yes, in as much using a staff is flinging spells. I did study light magic for a while, but I was unable to grasp more than the basics."
"I can make a little light..."
"...but that is all."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 05:56:16 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 08, 2018, 05:38:42 pm »

"That is still impressive."
Ismo bluntly replied before moving awkwardly close,  but only to stare at that sparkle she was producing before giving a slow nod.
"I don't get to see many people attempting to learn both magic and close combat techniques at the same time too often, especially because it is easier for someone to specialize in a single type of style. That does require a lot of dedication, so I do respect your efforts." 
And just as quick as he was to stand at that distance, he was to move away and proceed walking, soon pointing to the hatch above them. Ismo raised a hand and tapped the hatch multiple times with specific intervals as a code before turning to the group.
"And here we are. My informant should be up there, just don't question whatever you see there, if you see something illegal, automatically assume it is 'legal'."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 08, 2018, 05:53:21 pm »

"Indeed; I wasn't expecting a gang brawl in broad daylight. But perhaps it was just as well we ran into thugs and not experienced footpads, were we fated to fight today."

Ismo knocked on the hatch, and William thought.

"The Laws and Bylaws of Alberal I have is dated for about twenty years ago, so I probably won't recognize what's illegal and what isn't these days anyway."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #179 on: December 08, 2018, 08:35:20 pm »

Vigdis leaned forward with interest at Clara's bit of light magic.
"We will have to compare notes at some point. Light magic was among my studies at one point, and I have been told I have a fair amount of magical potential, but still have yet to do anything practical with it." It had been best to focus on what she already knew, particularly with how tumultuous her life had been as she grew older.

A faint amount of displeasure crossed her face (not that it was easy to tell with her nigh-permanent scowl that seemed to pass for her "neutral" expression) at Ismo's mention of illegality.
"I suppose I shall do my best."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 79