Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51713 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2019, 04:14:34 pm »

Form up a large half/3/4 circle of Atgeir wielders around there position.
Losely intermixed with the skirmishers an archers.
Archers keep up there barrage, cavalry keep chase off any that attack us until we could in to skirmish range.
Heavy axemen, and housecarls stay back to counter any charges.

Then there trapped we can hammer them with skirmishers an archers, give them one chance to parlay
(give up now an you'l only be decimated in to slavey? Pay a revolt fine? what ever it's King Wieslaw call)
Before we shattering them with a heavy charge, an the cavalry can then chase them off into the hills.
+1
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2019, 03:47:45 am »

Form up a large half/3/4 circle of Atgeir wielders around there position.
Losely intermixed with the skirmishers an archers.
Archers keep up there barrage, cavalry keep chase off any that attack us until we could in to skirmish range.
Heavy axemen, and housecarls stay back to counter any charges.

Then there trapped we can hammer them with skirmishers an archers, give them one chance to parlay
(give up now an you'l only be decimated in to slavey? Pay a revolt fine? what ever it's King Wieslaw call)
Before we shattering them with a heavy charge, an the cavalry can then chase them off into the hills.
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2019, 08:48:49 am »

"(3 VS 4-2) The atgeir wielders form into a half-circle, intermixed with skirmishers and archers. The archers and the skirmishers keep firing at the retreating rebels, while housecarls and heavy axemen stay behind in the case of sudden charges. (2) Wladyslaw seems to be not interested in parley, and so the Loyalist cavalry tramples yet another chunk of the rebels, and the atgeir wielders stop the retreat, leaving only a small squad of Wladyslaw's bodyguard, who will be slaughtered very quickly. But suddenly, the squad drops their weapons, and Wladyslaw screams that he's okay with imprisonment."

-6 atgeir wielders.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2019, 08:35:10 pm »

Clap him an his men in irons!

Later we should blood eagle him above the gate of King Wieslaw stonghold for all to see, but for now the rest can live in chains and be sold abroad in the Irish slave markets or donated to the temple, let them pick straws to find there fate. (remember to give King Wieslaw his cut)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2019, 05:42:21 am »

Clap him an his men in irons!

Later we should blood eagle him above the gate of King Wieslaw stonghold for all to see, but for now the rest can live in chains and be sold abroad in the Irish slave markets or donated to the temple, let them pick straws to find there fate. (remember to give King Wieslaw his cut)

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2019, 12:54:11 pm »

"Chief Wladyslaw is shackled and captured, though Tod was prevented from carving him into a blood eagle by the King Wieslaw, who says that he 'needs him alive'. Meanwhile, Tod's band takes Wladyslaw's bodyguards as prisoners, and the thunderous ringing of slapped-against-the-shield weapons dominates the battlefield. The troops have a small celebration, with the Tod's troops reminding him that it is payment day."

Pay 308.75 to your troops? Not paying will drop their morale.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2019, 03:11:27 pm »

There sword work is done is day, Pay them.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 26, 2019, 11:27:53 am »

There sword work is done is day, Pay them.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2019, 01:19:47 pm »

"Without any holdbacks, Tod pays his troops the wage they deserve for their dangerous but lucrative job. At the dawn, King Wieslaw instructs Tod to 'go south, into the Lower Poland', and giving Tod some of his archers and skirmishers as a support. A long trek awaits the Norsemen mercs, but the price will likely be more than worth it. The questions is: by the river or by the foot?"

+40 archers, +22 skirmishers.

Travel via Vistula: Fairly quick and safe, but will cause troops to consume food.
Travel by the land: Will likely to experience some minor-to-medium combat, but will not consume food. If the rolls are lucky, can get a Loyalist squad(s) aiding you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2019, 07:02:53 am »

Lets travel by land, so we can kick some ass on the way.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2019, 01:32:46 pm »

+1 and more loot.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2019, 01:57:26 pm »

+1 and more loot.
+1 and keep the rebels heads down

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2019, 01:18:09 pm »

"(4) On the road to the Lower Poland, Tod's band has almost reached the Upper Poland, and despite the fact that it is controlled by the rebels at the moment, everything is suspiciously quiet and no enemies are going after the Norsemen. The army makes a quick stop, forages for the supplies by gathering berries and hunting deers. On the next day, they march off to the Lower Poland, continuing their path."

The next roll will have a penalty, since you enter deeper into the rebels' territory.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2019, 07:25:10 am »

Then let us be cautious as we enter the rebel territory.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 02, 2019, 09:02:33 am »

Then let us be cautious as we enter the rebel territory.
+1

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38