Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51622 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2019, 04:01:42 pm »

Sure let's go with them.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2019, 04:13:05 pm »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2019, 07:56:33 am »

"(3) You merge the armies and head off on your path to the last bastion of the rebellion. You see a small wooden fort, with a palisade and archer towers. (1+1) The amount of the rebels guarding it is pitifully small, showing how their numbers have dwindled over the war. 'Przemyslaw must be here', thinks warlord Krzysztof, as you prepare a siege..."

It's early morning right now, so archers don't have penalties.

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2019, 08:53:41 am »

Wait until nightfall. Have our men prepare some ladders. Assault the fort after dark.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2019, 07:02:05 pm »

Wait until nightfall. Have our men prepare some ladders. Assault the fort after dark.
+1 but
Have log Ram ready, a group with shields and torches will make a run towards the gates with it,  Archer fire to support them.
They only have to keep the defenders eyes for a minute or two just to buy time to get the ladders up unwatched.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2019, 01:30:21 am »

+1 but
Have log Ram ready, a group with shields and torches will make a run towards the gates with it,  Archer fire to support them.
They only have to keep the defenders eyes for a minute or two just to buy time to get the ladders up unwatched.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2019, 01:35:17 pm »

"(6) Axe-wielding infantry starts to work with nearby trees, and one of the trees is chopped incorrectly, resulting in it smashing some troops, (2) including Krzysztof. (2) He doesn't survive, with the tree trunk falling on his leather helmet-covered head. (2) The men were apparently too demoralized by the sudden death of one of the commanders, resulting in a ram that crumbled down once a lever has been pulled. With your efforts to build a ram in vain, you decide to not risk it and wait till the other day. (4) Luckily for Tod, another Loyalist army appears and joins the siege effort. "King Wieslaw himself has sent us to destroy the remaining opposition." Says the commander of the army."

It's the early morning yet again, and to be less sadistic next time, the ram will be built without a roll to determine how well/correctly constructed it is.

-3 axe throwers, -2 heavy axemen

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2019, 05:10:19 pm »

Repeat previous action.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 20, 2019, 02:15:21 am »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2019, 11:05:58 am »

"The joint forces of Polish Loyalists and Norsemen build a ram for an assault at the fortification, attacking at the night. (6 VS 5-1) Despite some casualties from bow arrows and thrown axes, the gate is quickly broken down, and the attackers pour inside. (1 VS 3) The defending rebels caught them by surprise, inflicting decent casualties and preventing them from entering and reforming."

-20 heavy axemen, -8 atgeir wielders, -25 axe throwers.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2019, 06:21:38 am »

Keep pushing we can get through the defenders.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2019, 12:06:23 pm »

Keep pushing we can get through the defenders.
+1

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2019, 12:52:51 pm »

"(5 vs 4) The tide turns after a fifteen-minute battle: the ranks of the rebels have been thinned by the constant, uninterrupted attempts to hold the line, with the Loyalist/Norsemen breaking inside. (2, no penalty due to a close range VS 4) The enemy archers have decided to shoot at the Loyalists, but the result is a mixed bag with more rebels dying than the Loyalists/Norsemen. "We can and will take out the remaining rabble; You, commander Tod, should probably go inside the keep with your bodyguard and find Przemyslaw. King Wieslaw would prefer you to take him alive." Said Polish Loyalist commander to Tod."

-3 heavy axemen, -5 axe throwers.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2019, 01:00:20 pm »

Lead our Housecarls on an assualt of the fortress!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38