Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The situation looks hopeless for our Viking hero. Should I just end the game the next turn?

Yes
- 1 (20%)
No
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 15, 2019, 01:31:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38

Author Topic: A Viking's Tale (SG)  (Read 51647 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: A Viking's Tale (SG)
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2019, 03:57:18 am »

Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2019, 09:07:26 am »

"(5)(3+1 VS 1) Todd's battlecry, "Tyr, guide our blades," resonates with the Norsemen, and they forget about the previous defeat for now. The axemen damage the enemies significantly, (6-2) but the Bretons are still, albeit barely, holding on. (6 VS 5) The Breton archers rain arrows at the atgeir wielders, who are coming to provide an advantage to the axemen; the arrow rain kills a sizeable amount of them, but that doesn't bother the atgeir wielders."

-30 atgeir wielders

Spoiler: Current assets (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2019, 03:45:20 pm »

Have the archers fire, fire arrows at the walls, while everyone else keeps killing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2019, 12:03:45 pm »

BUMP! Need another poster to advance the game.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2019, 02:36:12 pm »

Have the archers fire, fire arrows at the walls, while everyone else keeps killing.
+1
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2019, 12:35:59 pm »

"(5+1 vs 5+1) (6+1 vs 6) The Norse archers are firing some fire arrows at the wooden walls of the Breton town; the Breton archers counter-valley the Norsemen, and albeit they kill a lot of them, a non-insignificant of Bretons burns to death before escaping the walls and the towers. The axemen and atgeir wielders consolidate together in their attempt to wreck the Breton, and they do so marvelously. (1+1) After the Vikings have finally took clear upper hand over the believers of the crucified man, the Bretons finally retreat into the town's streets, feeling exhausted and demoralized. The Northmen enter the town for the final confrontation."

-25 heavy axemen, -18 atgeir wielders, -40 archers.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2019, 07:31:36 am »

Finish them off.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2019, 12:53:59 pm »

Finish them off.
Agree, tho this has been a costly fight, hopefully the loot will more than make up for it.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2019, 07:18:01 am »

Finish them off.
Agree, tho this has been a costly fight, hopefully the loot will more than make up for it.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2019, 10:56:46 am »

((Woah, guys, I didn't even notice how 4 days have just gone by! I'm sorry for that, I almost forgot about this game!))

"(3+1 VS 6-2) The Norsemen enter the town, seeing how the residents are simply hiding in their houses. They attempt brutishly push through the streets, stopped by the sparse remaining Bretons. The battle is vicious, as the Bretons know they've no choice but to desperately push back. The narrow streets of the town, and the sheer desperation and fervor, have been key factors to holding out the town from the Vikings."

-15 heavy axemen, -15 atgeir wielders.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2019, 06:20:07 am »

Keep killing the bretons.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2019, 10:09:35 am »

This has lasted long enough, tell the men to finish them off or they lose their rations for the day.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2019, 01:50:30 pm »

This has lasted long enough, tell the men to finish them off or they lose their rations for the day.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2019, 09:55:43 am »

"(4+1 VS 1-2) After fighting that doesn't last so long, the Bretons retreat to the town square and get slaughtered there. The mayor walks out from the town hall, falling to his knees before Tod as a sign of surrender. (5) (4) (5) The Vikings pillage the city for the valuables, prisoners and food. Several houses get wrecked in the process of pillaging, and the town hall gets burnt, along with the mayor. The Norsemen quickly return to their boats, ready to set sail home at the command of Tod."

+175 gold, 130 prisoners, and 175 food.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2019, 10:29:09 am »

Lets return home and get some new soldiers to replace the ones we lost, and to get rid of the prisoners.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38