Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: death plane: [not a turn]  (Read 10585 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: death plane
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2018, 01:41:05 pm »

These are fine if I'm able to give my avatar godpowers.

The normal physical projection at 8 essence will create a single powerful creature of your choice. These avatars are very strong and tough and have the ability to manipulate elements that they're associated with. If you made a giant lion made from stone, you could shift the ground, form mountains and canyons, or cause earthquakes. If you made a titan of water, you would be able to control the seas. If some structure allowing for magic exists, your avatar will automatically be able to use it.
Other than this, you cannot use godly powers as an avatar. You can give it more abilities by paying more than 8 essense to create the avatar, however.
You can make more than one avatar at once. You can think of them as angels under your direct command, or as parts of yourself. Either way of looking at them is functionally identical.

You could communicate with the creatures by carving letters into mountains and such. Stipulations are not yet finalized.

So if I offer some race the gift, say, of extra tails, I have to conduct a poll on the nearest mountain? I can't just "offer them the gift", and have whoever doesn't want it not get a tail?

Gods are pretty knowledgeable, can I know how the members of some race would feel about having extra tails without asking?

In any case, I'm good with this then:

You can know what they would say if asked. You're close enough to omniscient that you can predict anyone that's not either extremely chaotic or extremely smart without problems.
Knowing what they would say is not the same as getting permission, however~
You do also need the permission of any individual you modify. Simply polling an entire race and then giving them extra tails when the majority say yes will still result in some unwilling transformations. Unless every single citizen took a pledge to tolerate the result of the vote, regardless of their individual preference. I guess you could do that. Just so long as every creature you modify explicitly states their consent to be changed.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2018, 01:56:18 pm »

Hey, I can just create special rocks or whatever that modify you and leave it up to them if I feel like changing their body structures. This is fine.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2018, 09:53:42 pm »

((Vitality Drain has not been included this turn. Next turn, it will be. If you're somewhere with passive Essence gain and you're not using all your Essence on something, I highly recommend that you spend it to counteract the loss of Vitality.))

Positive plane:
FLAME
Explore this new plane and if there is a god here already introduce myself and offer my services.

Something tells me I should not have gone to a plane.

Wonder what that "something" would be.
You dive into the Positive plane and immediately your senses, such as they are, are flooded by light. Your being is permeated by excruciating fire.
[50 Vitality permanently lost]
There is a being here. It speaks in a voice that burns 45 kilometer high flaming letters into your mind.
"WELCOME. I AM THE ONE TRUE GOD. YOU WILL SERVE ME."

Vitality: 30/100
Essence: 0
Drain: 50
Stipulations:

Positive corona:
The area directly outside the Positive plane. It is bright and unsuitable for life. Gods in this location passively absorb 8 Essence per turn.
Still linger in the positive corona

You linger in the light cast by the Positive corona. Where elsewhere you can feel a trickle of Essence, here it's... well, a more respectable trickle.
You see another god enter the plane itself. They quickly disappear into the cracked light of that place. You wonder what they can see in there.
[8 Essence absorbed and retained]

Vitality: 80/150
Essence: 8
Drain: 0
Stipulations:
I will never act to destroy life.
I will never project a physical avatar.
I will never manipulate thinking creatures unless through gifts freely given.
I will never create anything unless in order to create or nurture life.
I will never alter living creatures against their will.

Negative corona:
The area directly outside the Negative plane. It is dark and ominous. Life could bloom here, but it would be defined by dark. Gods in this location passively absorb 7 Essence per turn.
There is a small reality here, with an expanding ball of liquid hydrogen at its center.

Actions:
Flatten Void[2]
Create small amounts of material[1-?] What's the simplest, Hydrogen I believe. Compact it into a ball.
Create small amounts of material[1-?] Spark alight, plasma, start the central star of this system. Spread and Burn with the Power of a Sun. Start-Up~
Remaining Essence into Vitality

You pick a spot in the corona and wipe away some of the darkness, and then flatten the void in that area into space. It's not very big, only a few kilometers across. [2 Essence]
Seeing as the laws of physics in your little vacuum are still fairly standard, you create some Hydrogen gas to fill the space. You don't put much Essence into it, but hydrogen is very light and simple so you get a pretty big volume of it, enough to fill up the space you created. [1 Essence]
So far so good. You decide to change your cloud's shape, trying to compact it together until it ignites. [2 Essence]
Unfortunately there isn't enough here to start fusion, and no oxygen to create a fire, so you just get a dense ball of liquid hydrogen, which begins to spread out again.
Around the edges of your new reality, the darkness of the corona starts seeping back in. You can't be sure what this will do, but anything out here is eventually going to become saturated in dark.
((I wasn't sure which stipulations you actually wanted, if any. You have none for now.))

Stipulations:

These are fine if I'm able to give my avatar godpowers.

Well then. Don't create canine species on my territory. They won't live long.

((Again, I'm not sure which stipulations you want. The first three you listed most recently aren't acceptable as-is. This is how I would modify them to make them acceptable:
Harbinger of Catnip: At all times, I will try to propagate catnip over all possible surfaces.
Herald of Kittens: At all times, I will try to aid the propagation of felines at all costs.
Bane of Dogs: At all times, I will attempt to purge all canines from my vicinity.))

Stipulations:

I will follow your advice and skip stipulations altogether for now.

((Okay.))

Stipulations:

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2018, 10:04:28 pm »

"As You command my liege. I have 1 request, that you grant me vitality that I may live longer to serve you. What is your command?"
If he gives me vitality continue in this plane to talk with him. If he does not give me vitality leave for the positive corona. In either case do as he commands.

New stipulation: I will do whatever the god in the positive plane commands.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2018, 03:52:32 am »

Go to the negative plane. I should then have 15 essence. Proceed:

[2] Flatten void into vacuum - in the shape of a sphere. Large enough to fit a large body of mass, and some left over.
[6] Create a large body of mass - water in the darkness.
[1] Create a small amount of normal material - nourishing, warm air above the water
[1] Create a small amount of normal material - tiny pieces of raw nutrition, floating throughout the water.
[1] Create a small amount of normal material - moss or algae of a sort, but capable of flourishing in water and darkness, fed by the molecules of food in the water.
[4] Grant life to something inanimate - the moss

"Life."

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2018, 04:43:01 am »

[1] Create a small amount of normal material - Fish that will eat the algae. The algae will be fed by fish droppings and corpses, closing the food chain.
[4] Grant life to something inanimate - The fish.
Everything else into vitality.

This is preparation for the creation of Cat Heaven. Those old gods were no fun.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:01:54 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2018, 07:37:45 am »

Why wasn't the plasma created?

2 1 2 1

The plasma should have jumpstarted the reaction.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2018, 07:47:06 am »

2 1 2 1

Stars rely on mass. It didn't have enough mass to become a star. A star would be a group undertaking, I think.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2018, 08:09:14 am »

You're going to need at least a large mass, I'd imagine.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2018, 08:35:24 am »

2 1 2 1

Stars rely on mass. It didn't have enough mass to become a star. A star would be a group undertaking, I think.

Yeah, but the plasma was never created. And dwarfs are a thing.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2018, 09:15:36 am »

2 1 2 1

Yeah, but the plasma was never created. And dwarfs are a thing.
The smallest possible star that can heat up a planet is bigger than Jupiter. The more you know...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2018, 09:35:34 am »

I actually just need to start it up. I can add more mass easily afterwards.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2018, 09:39:01 am »

I actually just need to start it up. I can add more mass easily afterwards.

That is not how stars work.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2018, 09:42:44 am »

What he said.
I'm also going to say no to creating something in the plasma phase using that [2] cost ability. You could make something pretty damn hot using it, but not quite that hot.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2018, 09:47:12 am »

As far as I know, stars work off fusion. More Material means a hotter, larger star. Adding more hydrogen slowly over time would give it more to work off of, increasing it's size as the new material is pulled in. It's not going to jump to nova implosion right then and there from something like that..

As for that, I just need to jumpstart the fusion reaction. How much to do that?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10