Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: death plane: [not a turn]  (Read 10552 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: death plane
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 01:50:09 pm »

Name:  Ahriman
Vitality: 80/150
Essence: 0
Drain: 50
Stipulations: none

Head to negative plane

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 01:52:02 pm »

Yeah, stipulations like "I will never create a red frying pan named Dave" are absurd.
As are subtly hidden buffs.

Hello, Rakau. You will be of great help in building a world suited for felines.

"Greetings, Felius. I hope we can create a world brimming with all manners of life. Felines in pride of place, of course."
One wheel short of a wagon

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2018, 02:37:20 pm »

Is this First Come, First Served?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2018, 03:27:46 pm »

Yes. I might kick people out and substitute others if they start asking tricky questions stop posting regularly.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2018, 04:05:03 pm »

Sonos heads to the negative corona where most of the other gods seem to be gathering.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2018, 12:44:46 am »

Well then! Here is the big list of which stipulations are acceptable, which are rejected, and why. Spoiler: nobody got a perfect score here~

Spoiler: KittyTac (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TricMagic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elvish Miner (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2018, 01:05:48 am »

Positive plane:
Stipulations:

Positive corona:
Stipulations:

Negative corona:
Stipulations:
Stipulations:
Stipulations:

These five are those are arrive. As stipulations aren't quite worked out yet, I'll refrain from draining Vitality this turn. Think of it as a grace period, while we're all still learning how this all works.

For next turn, pick your Stipulations if you want them, and figure out what to do with your Essence! Maybe introduce yourselves to your new pantheon, if you'd like.
Ooh! MonkeyMarkMario. Something is going to happen with you, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow, as the game hasn't started properly yet. Once the grace period is up for everyone else, you're going to have a Fun little adventure.

Finally, if you're one of my five players, post some action indicating that you're still paying attention. Again, delinquent players will be replaced as quickly as I can manage.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2018, 03:01:38 am »

Revised stipulations:

Harbinger of Catnip: When possible, and not contradicting with other stipulations or the will of other gods, I will try to propagate catnip over all possible surfaces.

Herald of Kittens: When possible, I will try to aid the propagation of felines at all costs.

Bane of Dogs: When possible, and not contradicting with other stipulations or the will of other gods, I will attempt to purge all canines from my territory.

Hero of Catkind: I will always act via a physical avatar.

Hello, everyone. Don't create canine life anywhere near my territory, and we will be friends.

Don't stand in the way of the felines...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 03:13:37 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2018, 03:36:51 am »

Still linger in the positive corona

Seeing as I can't manifest, requiring consent for my last stipulation seems to completely rule out changing them at all. Can I ask questions without projecting a physical avatar? Also, could I change that one, if not?

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2018, 05:48:48 am »

I will follow your advice and skip stipulations altogether for now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2018, 06:49:41 am »

Not what Mutation was supposed to be Egan.

Free-Will: I can not give an absolute or even a partially binding Order to those with Free-Will. I can however, give out quests to them. If they accept it is up to them though.

Yggdrasil: Worlds I Create must have at least a single Great Tree, a symbol of myself, spreading Mana{or any other type of energy that is close to magic}, before I can create further Life. I cannot create other Life on a world without a Great Tree.

Please do not Finalize Mutations if that's your idea of it.

Actions:
Flatten Void[2]
Create small amounts of material[1-?] What's the simplest, Hydrogen I believe. Compact it into a ball.
Create small amounts of material[1-?] Spark alight, plasma, start the central star of this system. Spread and Burn with the Power of a Sun. Start-Up~
Remaining Essence into Vitality

? is, is this okay for 1 essence apeice. Seems like it would be.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 08:00:51 am by TricMagic »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2018, 08:39:13 am »

Explore this new plane and if there is a god here already introduce myself and offer my services.

Something tells me I should not have gone to a plane.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2018, 01:17:33 pm »

Revised stipulations:

Harbinger of Catnip: When possible, and not contradicting with other stipulations or the will of other gods, I will try to propagate catnip over all possible surfaces.

Herald of Kittens: When possible, I will try to aid the propagation of felines at all costs.

Bane of Dogs: When possible, and not contradicting with other stipulations or the will of other gods, I will attempt to purge all canines from my territory.

Hero of Catkind: I will always act via a physical avatar.

Hello, everyone. Don't create canine life anywhere near my territory, and we will be friends.

Don't stand in the way of the felines...

Stipulations cannot include clauses including, but not limited to, "When possible", "When not contradicting other Stipulations", and "When not contradicting the will of other gods".
Should you find yourself in a situation where one Stipulation requires you to take an action that another Stipulation forbids, you will immediately take 40 damage to Vitality and do nothing that turn.
If you have a Stipulation that requires you to perform certain actions, you will perform those actions, regardless of what action you posted for that turn. In extreme cases this can result in you completely losing control of your character to Stipulations.

Always acting via a physical avatar is fine. This will limit your abilities to only creating an avatar, and using any abilities that you grant your avatar.

Still linger in the positive corona

Seeing as I can't manifest, requiring consent for my last stipulation seems to completely rule out changing them at all. Can I ask questions without projecting a physical avatar? Also, could I change that one, if not?

You could communicate with the creatures by carving letters into mountains and such. Stipulations are not yet finalized.

Not what Mutation was supposed to be Egan.

Free-Will: I can not give an absolute or even a partially binding Order to those with Free-Will. I can however, give out quests to them. If they accept it is up to them though.

Yggdrasil: Worlds I Create must have at least a single Great Tree, a symbol of myself, spreading Mana{or any other type of energy that is close to magic}, before I can create further Life. I cannot create other Life on a world without a Great Tree.

Please do not Finalize Mutations if that's your idea of it.

Actions:
Flatten Void[2]
Create small amounts of material[1-?] What's the simplest, Hydrogen I believe. Compact it into a ball.
Create small amounts of material[1-?] Spark alight, plasma, start the central star of this system. Spread and Burn with the Power of a Sun. Start-Up~
Remaining Essence into Vitality

? is, is this okay for 1 essence apeice. Seems like it would be.

Stipulations are not yet finalized.
"Ordering" a sapient around will have a chance of failure regardless, because they're free to do what they want. This stipulation explicitly gives you permission to offer sapients jobs to do, which is about the same as giving them an order in your situation. Free-Will could prevent you from directly possessing or mind-controlling a sapient, but that's a pretty niche power so I'm going to say it's not enough for a stipulation on its own.
Simply Yggdrasil to "cannot create or manipulate life on any plane or body that does not include a Great Tree." Stipulations are not the place to define what your symbol is, or to decide how magical forces are distributed.

Explore this new plane and if there is a god here already introduce myself and offer my services.

Something tells me I should not have gone to a plane.

Soon my friend, soon.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2018, 01:21:02 pm »

These are fine if I'm able to give my avatar godpowers.

Well then. Don't create canine species on my territory. They won't live long.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 01:26:39 pm by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2018, 01:21:20 pm »

You could communicate with the creatures by carving letters into mountains and such. Stipulations are not yet finalized.

So if I offer some race the gift, say, of extra tails, I have to conduct a poll on the nearest mountain? I can't just "offer them the gift", and have whoever doesn't want it not get a tail?

Gods are pretty knowledgeable, can I know how the members of some race would feel about having extra tails without asking?

In any case, I'm good with this then:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10