Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: death plane: [not a turn]  (Read 10554 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: death plane
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2018, 01:14:16 am »

Our little habitat has light, courtesy of me. Please don't break anything.
"My intention is not to break things but the give them Light, because you have given light that is good enough for me. You are a friend of mine for life."

New Stipulation=Friend of the Cat god: Will not intentionally break anything the god of cats has mas or improved.

I feel like I might be putting myself into a corner, oh well.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2018, 02:57:22 am »

So how did you all end up here? I got kicked out by my old pantheon for flooding a continent with cats.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2018, 03:24:16 am »

[3] Create the bodies of small rodents on the balcony made by my fellow god.
[4] Give the bodies life.

"Certainly. The creation of worlds is harder than anticipated. "

One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2018, 09:08:51 am »

How much essence do I have a turn? And how big are these Voids?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2018, 10:02:25 am »

How much essence do I have a turn? And how big are these Voids?
You get 7. Your vitality is also draining because you are losing more than you gain. Get to work creating life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2018, 10:19:02 am »

Compress my Voids into a singular mass, then create a lot of Hydrogen in the new area of Supervoid.{Supervoid being bigger and larger than normal void. Which is what I was going for.}

[All leftover essence into the creation of Hydrogen.]

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2018, 09:17:33 pm »

((How about creating a Discord channel for this?))

If more than one person wants it and will use it, sure.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2018, 10:16:45 pm »

((How about creating a Discord channel for this?))

If more than one person wants it and will use it, sure.
Is my action OK now?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2018, 10:31:25 pm »

Any action is okay, but it won't always go as intended. I feel that we've gotten past the earliest part of the game and I've set a decent example of what you can do, so I'm generally going to let you find out if something will work out for you by letting you try it. I was just warning you that you seemed to be majorly overestimating what you could do with a small amount of material.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2018, 08:18:27 am »

Sonos

Help TricMagic create Hyrogen, but save 5 essence to mitigate vitality loss.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2018, 12:06:29 am »

Positive corona:
The area directly outside the Positive plane. It is bright and unsuitable for life. Gods in this location passively absorb 8 Essence per turn.
There are two conjoining spheres of vacuum here, filled with an expanding mix of very hot elements.

If possible:
Go to the positive corona: 2X[2]-Flatten void into vacuum, 2X[1] Create a small amount of normal material-water, [1] Create a small amount of normal material-cold air above water, [1] Create a small amount of normal material-organic flotsam. Return to the positive plane.

"Soon the Light will be infused throughout the planes."

New Stipulation=Light Obsession: If near an area without Light will try to spread Light there.

You emerge from the positive plane, possibly worse for wear. Somehow, as you enter the corona, its light blinds you as if it were brighter than the positive plane itself. [+8 Essence]

You shear from the light-drenched void two connected spheres of space, like peas in a pod. [-4 Essence]
Next, you create two globs of liquid water, a few feet in diameter. When the LIGHT touches them, they boil and quickly become steam. And then the steam keeps heating up. [-2 Essence]
Some air is created around the spheres of water. When you make it, it's quite cold, but the LIGHT heats it up, and the atmosphere hums with a malevolent fury. [-1 Essence]
Finally, you deposit some flotsam. Yeah, it catches on fire. [-1 Essence]

You cannot move between areas more than once per turn, so you remain in the corona.

((Gaining stipulations is an action. Please bold actions and include them all in one post.))
You burn a new path through your mind, one of Light. You will spread the LIGHT, and dark will burn away. Such is as it is, and being how it is, it shall be. [Stipulation gained: If near an area without Light will try to spread Light there.] [-10 Drain]

LIGHT burns away your being. You let it. It's Light's right. [-10 Vitality]

Vitality: 20/100
Essence: 0
Drain: 40
Stipulations:
Must always follow the will of the One True God.
If near an area without Light will try to spread Light there.

Negative corona:
The area directly outside the Negative plane. It is dark and ominous. Life could bloom here, but it would be defined by dark. Gods in this location passively absorb 7 Essence per turn.
Here there is a small and curious world, contained in a sphere of plastic. Life may survive here, in the dark.
Here there is an object called Supervoid. It is nothing. It consumes nothing. All within is nothing.

[6] - Create a large amount of normal material - A hollow plastic sphere encompassing the water world. LEDs are placed along the inner surface and they don't all light up on the same time, creating an equivalent of day and night... the consequence is that expanding the water world would be much harder. The night "sky" sometimes shows pictures of cat faces. Also has maintenance tunnels.
[1] - Create a small amount of normal material - A fully charged battery powering the LEDs. Someone will have to replace it every once in a while. The battery also has a cat painted on it because cats.
[1] - Create a small amount of normal material - A small plastic balcony extending from the sphere, twisted so the gravity at its bottom points towards the surface. It also has a cat painted on it. Perhaps usable for a land-based ecosystem?
[1] - Create a small amount of normal material - A waterproof maintenance automaton that can climb or swim. Automatically performs maintenance on the sphere (replaces burnt-out LEDs, fixes wiring if something gnawed it up, maybe replaces batteries if additional ones are provided).
[1] - Create a small amount of normal material - Dirt on the Balcony.
[1] - Create a small amount of normal material - Catnip in the dirt.
[1] - Create a small amount of normal material - Two cats of the opposite gender.
[4] - Grant life to something inanimate - The cats.
[4] - Grant life to something inanimate - The catnip.
Everything else into vitality.

The algae shouldn't starve now, I guess. I could dismantle it if the other gods don't like it or it interferes with this corona.

[+7 Essence]
Confused wandering. Eating Algae. Algae getting rarer now... [+1 Essence]

You extrude a plastic sphere around the watery "world", and weave through wires and tunnels, and place electronic lights around its circumference. The internal pressure causes the structure to creak a little, but it holds. [-6 Essence]
And the surface of the water stops boiling. Neat. Though most of the original atmosphere escaped, so the sphere now holds a lot of liquid water and an atmosphere of mostly water vapor. It doesn't take long for the mass of water to drift and make contact with one side of the plastic sphere, and it sticks to that side due to surface tension.
Next you forge a chemical battery to power the lights. The LEDs flicker on and shine LIGHT on the little sea. The fish, which are adapted to live in complete darkness, flee in terror to the unlit side of the sphere. [-1 Essence]

Immediately, in response to the light, The Darkness spears forth and severs the connections between the battery and the LEDs. The sea is once again plunged into complete darkness.
"Darkness. The LIGHT is evil. It hates life. We must fight it. Fight LIGHT."

You extend a plastic wall forth from the sphere that curves to become level with the surface of the water. It can't really be called a balcony, because there's no gravity here. With this in mind, you build the platform with holes in it, like a chainlink fence. This way, any creatures on it will be able to climb around. [-1 Essence]

Nice idea, but you're out of Essence now.
((Also, a hint: your friend didn't make the algae with chloroplasts. His action was to make a moss or algae that would flourish in water and darkness, which means being able to photosynthesize would be a waste of precious energy.))

You forge chains for yourself, that will drag you onwards. To victory. To glory. To doom. To... unspeakable atrocities. It depends on how you decide to handle them. Take care they aren't the ones that handle you. [Stipulation gained: At all times, I will try to propagate catnip over all possible surfaces.] [Stipulation gained: At all times, I will try to aid the propagation of felines at all costs.] [Stipulation gained: At all times, I will attempt to purge all canines from my vicinity.] [-30 Drain]

Your life bleeds. For a good cause, I hope? [-10 Vitality]

Vitality: 63/150
Drain: 20
Stipulations:
At all times, I will try to propagate catnip over all possible surfaces.
At all times, I will try to aid the propagation of felines at all costs.
At all times, I will attempt to purge all canines from my vicinity.

[3] Create the bodies of small rodents on the balcony made by my fellow god.
[4] Give the bodies life.

"Certainly. The creation of worlds is harder than anticipated. "

[+7 Essence]

You carefully forge some small bodies, rodents. They are similar to mice, except with large, grippy hands like a primate. This is to allow them to climb around their platform without gravity. [-3 Essence]
You bring forth a spark, and cast it through their lifeless bodies. With a shudder, they come to Life. Clever and able to eat many things. These creations could one day prove to be capable Sapients, if they live long enough. [-4 Essence]

They wander their new home, wide eyed, searching. When The Darkness puts out the lights, they cower in fear, and yelp piteously, blinded. A dark shadow of wondering. Primal fear, something that no god could remove from living creatures. It nourishes you, somewhat. [+2 Essence]
...And then, your creations starve. During your period of passivity, you watch them starve one by one, unable to help. Eventually, their cold and lifeless bodies drift into the dark water, and the catfish are happy for something to eat. You feel... betrayal, maybe. They were brought about, why? They die, not knowing purpose, despairing at the unfair cosmos. Despairing at you. This too nourishes you. [+1 Essence]
"Death."

Your stipulations looks at you pointedly. You made life. The life did not survive. It could not survive. Whether or not you intended this, this blood is on your hands. A knife is drawn. THIS MUST NOT HAPPEN AGAIN. [40 Vitality permanently lost.]

A part of you is cut free. Blood flows freely from the wound. You wonder if this is just unfair, or if you're being punished rightfully. Perhaps your creator sees no difference. [-10 Vitality]

Vitality: 20/110
Essence: 3
Drain: 0
Stipulations:
I will never act to destroy life.
I will never project a physical avatar.
I will never manipulate thinking creatures unless through gifts freely given.
I will never create anything unless in order to create or nurture life.
I will never alter living creatures against their will.

Compress my Voids into a singular mass, then create a lot of Hydrogen in the new area of Supervoid.{Supervoid being bigger and larger than normal void. Which is what I was going for.}

[All leftover essence into the creation of Hydrogen.]

((Quick refresher: Void is the stuff that you can turn into vacuum with an action. It's everywhere, and cannot hold matter. You created a few pockets of vacuum with your last action. Also, I interpret actions literally, based on the exact wording of the action rather than trying to guess what you wanted to do. Life is better this way.
Now, with that in mind, let's handle your action!~))

[+7 Essence]

You take hold of all that void between the vacuums you've created, and with great effort move them together into a single mass, which you name the Supervoid. Handy; nobody's been naming their stuff so far. Anyway, you have a Supervoid now! congrats. [-3 Essence]
The Supervoid, being a mass of concentrated void, contains many layers of individually boundless potential on top of each other. These mix together in an... interesting way. Negating each other, turning towards zero.

The new area of Nothing quickly expands, igniting in its own bizarre analog to stellar fusion. Growing like a tumor on the healthy void, it tears a chunk from the Negative corona, and then a chunk from the Negative plane. The Darkness screams in pain as it's partially deleted.

For your part, you're too close to avoid it. And then you're nothing.

Vitality: 0/0
Drain: 0
Stipulations:

Help TricMagic create Hydrogen, but save 5 essence to mitigate vitality loss.

[+7 Essence]

The Supervoid cannot contain hydrogen, nor indeed matter of anything, nor indeed anything at all whatsoever. It will also kill you if you enter it.
So you decide to not mess with that and save your Essence.

One day each millennium. One moment each day. One millennium each eternity. One axiom each moment. However slow or fast, all wastes away. Even the gods. [-7 Essence] [-3 Vitality]

Vitality: 72/150
Drain: 50
Stipulations:

((This turn everyone failed. Running a game where failure is possible and I don't use dice sometimes makes me feel like an unfair tyrant, but I refuse to make things easy here. It is death plane, after all.
Next update is tomorrow.))

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2018, 12:29:43 am »

At least it's not boiling now...

[?] - Create a magical item - Beacon of Ethereal Light. This glass prism projects ethereal light over a radius of 50 km. The light is invisible to normal beings, but the Darkness is repelled by it, turning it from supernatural Darkness into mundane darkness. It also has a cat's spirit inside of it. Place it in the center of the sea.
[1] - Create a small amount of normal material - Catnip in the dirt that is about to be created by Rakau.
[1] - Create a small amount of normal material - Two cats of the opposite gender.
[4] - Grant life to something inanimate - The cats.
[4] - Grant life to something inanimate - The catnip.
Name the water world "Ecosystem Habitat 0001".
Everything else into vitality.

Rakau, please create dirt and mice again. Also, create the maintenance automaton and chloroplasts in the algae.

Nyaughty Darkness. Also, at least Yggdrasil made convenient trash disposal for us...
((Is this how you create magical items?))

((This is the Dark Souls of god games... most of us are about to die, and our main habitat is in a sorry state...))

((How did you come up with the game's name and setting?))
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:38:38 pm by KittyTac »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2018, 07:15:46 am »

Like dark souls,

Can I have another character?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2018, 07:32:37 am »

All essence into making the water sentient.

Then dirt, then mice. If I have any left over.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:17:17 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2018, 07:39:11 am »

Rakau, don't forget the mice and dirt. You should have enough left over for making the water sentient.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10