Hammer Time
- 3 (21.4%)
Time...to die.
- 6 (42.9%)
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 88

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 100346 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could see that, IF we were putting a lot of armour on it. But given the armour it has and the engine's performance, such an undercarriage is more or less wasted resources for what we get out of it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

Mostly intended for it to be preliminary experience in working with the material; while minimizing cost and still getting some benefit out of it, however minor that benefit may be.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

I'd point out that adding that experimental feature while cutting grenade projectors, which I'd consider to be a fairly simple feature, I see as kind of inconsistent.

Right. I took it upon myself to post my own thing (ok, to be perfectly honest, it's Parsely's MArSA with modifications... Look, I'm sorry Parsely, but most of us are in agreement that your thing is more or less almost perfectly matches what we want to do!)
No need to apologize, all you did was make a design that matches what you and others think is best.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 09:12:52 pm by Parsely »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mostly intended for it to be preliminary experience in working with the material; while minimizing cost and still getting some benefit out of it, however minor that benefit may be.
Would I be able to convince you to swap it out in exchange for a revision centring around making Caelium platforms for our Gatling guns and such?

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

Would I be able to convince you to swap it out in exchange for a revision centring around making Caelium platforms for our Gatling guns and such?

More likely to make a 'Pattern B' or something like that than to change that writeup, Taricus. Sorry.

Glory to United Forenia!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

More likely to make a 'Pattern B' or something like that than to change that writeup, Taricus. Sorry.

I'm inclined to agree, but I would like to keep Parseley's grenade projector on the turret so I went ahead and changed it myself. It's a big force multiplier and it really is a very simple addition, but I can definitely see it if people think we're already reaching pretty high on this one. Also went ahead and voted for the SVR-1. The lifting suit and harness are both very tempting, but communications are a higher priority IMO.

ArC-12b 'Kerata Armored Car'
An armored car for general use by a rifle squad, whether in operational travel, tactical frontline patrols, or as a company weapons asset for supporting assaults. The engine compartment contains a powerful Gavrilium engine capable of a blazing fast 72 km/h top speed. Behind that is a fighting compartment which contains a driver, who operates the vehicle from behind an armored viewport they can raise for increased visibility, the gunner, and the assistant gunner who operate a light, hand-rotated turret that mounts an LGG-12 (or any similarly sized weapon) and a simple grenade projector; the projector can be ranged, loaded, and fired from inside the turret and is designed to accept standard hand grenades. The turret has a raised cupola that has armored viewports facing in every direction so it can be used for protected visibility. Behind the fighting compartment is the passenger compartment, enclosed on all sides with a rear exit hatch designed with ease of loading bulky equipment in mind, with seats which fit 4 men on each side and double as storage lockers. The engine compartment, fighting compartment, turret, and passenger compartment are protected by light armor for defending against shrapnel and rifle rounds. The vehicle is equipped with 6 tires (2 front, 4 rear) for off-road travel, an aspect enhanced by the inclusion of a fairly minimalistic set of Caelium plates mounted on the undercarriage. These plates are nowhere near sufficient to properly lift the Kerata, but serve to effectively lighten the armored car, improving performance in areas where high weight is a notable malus; like deserts or swamps, although power to these can be severed if the driver wishes for the full weight and traction of the vehicle. Lugs are on the sides of the vehicle for mounting tools and spare tires in case of emergencies. There are running boards for mounting extra passengers or equipment. It's capable of towing the GA1 cannon and transporting its crew to boost the mobility of our artillery units.

Quote from: votebox
Resource Credit:
Myomer (8): Rockeater, Chiefwaffles, Jilladilla, Taricus, Maximum Spin, FallacyofUrist, Twinwolf, Baffler
Natural Gasses (1): Yami

Infantry Support Vehicle
MArSA (4): Parsely, FallacyofUrist, Baffler, Taricus
Crash Cart (1): Yami
Kerata Armored Car (0):
ArC-12 'Kerata Armored Car' (2): Jilladilla, Twinwolf
ArC-12b 'Kerata Armored Car' (1): Baffler

Non-Combat Support
SVR-1 (3): Parsely, Twinwolf, Baffler
Gravite Harness (2): Yami, FallacyofUrist
'Mountain' Myomer Lifting Kit (1): Taricus
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The radio I think is a bit too ambitious without the design credit, given that it wasn't well-developed at this stage (Especially regarding voice.).

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Maybe, but radio telegraphy (even transatlantic wireless messages) was a fairly common technology by 1912 and audio broadcasting on AM frequencies wasn't widely adopted but it wasn't unheard of either. It's not meant to be portable, more for stationary use in a command post, so outside rolling a 1 I don't really see it outright failing. It might end up being bulky and a bit shitty but the technological base is there for it to at least be functional, and even if it doesn't work quite as intended it's still a massive step up from using messengers or making engineers run telephone lines.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, telephone and telegraph lines were used even into WW2, any advantages a wireless set would need to ahve over those would be portability, which isn't something I'd expect from a normal design being spent on it. I'll happily vote for it in the revision phase with the research credit design though.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:05:51 am by Taricus »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I think that's fair, really. Gives us time to come up with a fancy name for it too. That said, are we sure a radio is what we want to spend a research credit on, over something likely harder?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

I'm on board with the ArC-12b and I'm willing to sacrifice comms on the altar of power armor, I wouldn't blame people for voting for the radio because radios are super incredibly useful and would combo well with our boost in mobility from the Kerata.

Resource Credit:
Myomer (8): Rockeater, Chiefwaffles, Jilladilla, Taricus, Maximum Spin, FallacyofUrist, Twinwolf, Baffler

Infantry Support Vehicle
MArSA (3): FallacyofUrist, Baffler, Taricus
Kerata Armored Car (0):
ArC-12b 'Kerata Armored Car' (2): Baffler, Parsely

Non-Combat Support
SVR-1 (2): Twinwolf, Baffler
'Mountain' Myomer Lifting Kit (1): Taricus, Parsely
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 11:29:38 am by Parsely »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Resource Credit:

Infantry Support Vehicle
Kerata Armored Car (0):
ArC-12b 'Kerata Armored Car' (3): Baffler, Parsely, NUKE9.13

Non-Combat Support
'Mountain' Myomer Lifting Kit (3): Taricus, Parsely, NUKE9.13
I'm not totally happy with the 12b, but at least it uses some Caelium. As for the non-combat thing, if we're doing Myomer, let's use Myomer.
Long Live United Forenia!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

This turn seems to be where we take our first step into the uncharted waters of our other two non-Gavrilium special resources huh?

Resource Credit:

Infantry Support Vehicle
Kerata Armored Car (0):
ArC-12 'Kerata Armored Car' (1): Twinwolf
ArC-12b 'Kerata Armored Car' (4): Baffler, Parsely, NUKE9.13, Jilladilla

Non-Combat Support
'Mountain' Myomer Lifting Kit (4): Taricus, Parsely, NUKE9.13, Jilladilla

Glory to United Forenia!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

I'm not totally happy with the 12b, but at least it uses some Caelium. As for the non-combat thing, if we're doing Myomer, let's use Myomer.
If the Caelium experiment goes well I would love to see a hovering motor gun carriage revision of the 12b.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to start working on designs soon, so if you want to propose something new or change your vote you've got somewhere around 20 or so hours before I have access to my computer again. If things somehow get tied up I'll extend it a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 88