Hammer Time
- 3 (21.4%)
Time...to die.
- 6 (42.9%)
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 88

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 100263 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

So I'm new to this please be gentle

While I'm not sure of specific designs yet and we're putting Gravite on hold a bit, I think we could probably do with a close ranged weapon as a couple people have mentioned. During that earlier battle, it was mentioned that our main rifle wasn't great for close quarters battle. Maybe a shotgun or, as Taricus suggested, a submachine gun, or something on those lines.

...Also, looking at the designs we have...
GA1 Cannon: A 150mm piece of artillery that uses a mixture of cordite and powdered Gavrilium to fire rounds fairly accurately to six meters but potentially out to nine if accuracy isn't really a factor.
I'm not used to the metric system but six meters doesn't sound like a very long range to me. So perhaps an important typo to fix :p
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, six meters is within the kill radius of a conventional 150mm artillery shell.

Like, in the dead center of the "you're dead to the pressure wave/blast wave, no questions asked, have fun with your liquefied internal organs" zone.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well yes, but the way I was reading that implied that that's the range it can launch shells, not the damage radius of those shells.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The kilo found its way back home.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Twinwolf, I was making the point that that is, in fact, an insane range for an artillery piece to have, and a clear mistake.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair madman, our MG has an effective range of fucking two kilometres. Not maximum, effective. Besides, we can revise that in fixing the cannon.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And only a 600RPM rate of fire despite being rotary and all that.

Maybe we should try a version that fires regular bullets and fires them faster? That should reduce heating rate and then increase it right back by firing more bullets.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would likely make it less costly as well. Perfect as a revision as well. You put that up, I'll back it

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Twinwolf, I was making the point that that is, in fact, an insane range for an artillery piece to have, and a clear mistake.
Ah, my bad. Anyways, I'm sure our artillery crews are feeling much better now that the typo's been fixed.

As for a less costly machine gun - may I suggest making it a variant rather than a replacement? The range, if I'm reading the result right, is partly because of the gavpowder rounds. While I don't think every gun needs 2km+ effective range, it might be smart to have the option.
Sigtext!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Assuming this uses normal, logical AR logic (and it does so far as I know), any design or revision ALWAYS results in a variant unless it's a pure upgrade, in which case only the new version will be used (And even then you could base some new design or revision off the original if you felt so inclined, though there's often no point to doing so)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All that being said, are we gonna get votes and designs up soon guys?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probobly not until MoP say what going to happend
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Yami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One Design Credit to be used in the Revision Phase in addition to your Two Revisions.
Might as well write might up all proper like.

Design:
Oil Fire 7:Whilst the original plan to throw compressed oil over a building and light it up remains sound, a collegue of mine hit upon the idea of igniting the oil as it leaves the nozzle, turning a utility concept into a full on weapon in it's own right.  The weapon contains a compressed canister of oil attached to a nozzle in a shortened mock up of the Senapang, as it's length was noted as one of the issues in close quarters.  This would limit the amount of oil available, but by designing an easlily accessible release into the side of the weapon we should be able to quickly replace canisters much like reloading an empty rifle.

Revisions:
Little G: a variant of the mighty GGG-12 I envision the Little G as a cheaper version able to be disseminated amongst the infantry whilst the original in all it's glory can remain the main stay of emplacements and other more important roles.  By down grading from gavpowder to more classical munitions I hope to be able to lighten up the gun barrel, and thus the weapon, reduce the cost, perhaps even get more bullets out in the same timeframe, all at the mere cost of some range.

The BSU: That's right.  I propose we alter the very uniforms of our infantrymen.  If we include small gravite plates, henceforth noted as Grav Plates, in the satchels and webbing already included, as well as the addition of a backpack and Grav Plate we can have our soldiers carry their own supplies and reloads in the field, never having to worry about long firefights or the state of supply lines.

(Should we decide not to have Gravite, then, you know, just Nix that last revision suggestion.  Honestly the Artillery could probably use some help.)

~Yami, Mad Genius Scientist.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 03:44:50 pm by Yami »
Is it a bad sign that I purposefully deface masterwork engravings because I understand the importance of the throwing skill?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Not that using a material that extracts free energy from the gravitational field to make "cool sky behemoths" and "floating battleships" is any less dumb. Those things aren't actually cool, at least not past fifth grade. I tell you what, if Fallacy actually dragged me into joining the lame side in this race he owes me another favour.
It's not my fault everyone hates bioscience!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We don't hate bioscience, we're just not letting you anywhere near it!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 88