Hammer Time
- 3 (21.4%)
Time...to die.
- 6 (42.9%)
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 88

Author Topic: Industrialized Warfare: Salvios Thread / 1917 A.C. Cold Season (COMPLETE)  (Read 100262 times)

Yami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like bioscience!  I mean, I kept upto date with Twig throughout it's writing.

I just have been pushing my own agenda before anything else.

~Yami.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 05:52:18 pm by Yami »
Is it a bad sign that I purposefully deface masterwork engravings because I understand the importance of the throwing skill?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

I would let Fallacy near bioscience, but only if he owes me a favour afterward.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

The BSU: That's right.  I propose we alter the very uniforms of our infantrymen.  If we include small gravite plates, henceforth noted as Grav Plates, in the satchels and webbing already included, as well as the addition of a backpack and Grav Plate we can have our soldiers carry their own supplies and reloads in the field, never having to worry about long firefights or the state of supply lines.
The main problem I can see with the BSU is whether we have enough Gravite/Caelium/Whatever to be able to augment basic kit, considering it is a special resource.

Anyways, going to take a crack at my own design. Name is provisional, if you can think of less generic ones feel free to say. First design as well so not sure how much to write.

Guardian I: The recent engagement with rebel forces displayed a weakness in our otherwise masterwork mainline rifle. In close quarters, it is quite unwieldy, and fights can devolve into chaotic melee. While I trust our troops in a glorious bayonet charge, I do think that sometimes that may simply not be practical. As such, I propose a new firearm to equip some troops with for when close quarters combat is to be expected.

The Guardian I is a 12-gauge pump action shotgun loading a six round tube magazine, around 110cm in length. It can load shells meant to fire either shot or slugs, depending on the situation, and is built for the same reliability and ease of use as our beloved senapang pattern rifle, but ideally easier to use when ranges are to be measured in tens of meters rather than hundreds.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 06:38:05 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think this is gonna be prudent to ask, but tube or box magazine Twin?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Knew I was forgetting something.

I'm thinking tube since from a quick wikipedia dive a good amount of shotguns around WW1-time used those? Could be box instead if you think that would make more sense, but edited.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LGG-12
The Light(er) Gatling Gun is a version of the Gavrillium Gatling Gun that makes use of no Gavrillium gunpowder. The only remaining piece of Gavrillium tech is the motor. Using normal rounds slows the barrel heating, allowing us to run MUCH higher rates of fire, especially when using an optional (And heavy) water-based cooling system that surrounds the entire firing system (including the motor) in a jacket, fills the jacket with water, and uses a couple simple electric propeller-type things to circulate the water around the jacket. This keeps the motor warm(er) and the barrels cool(er) and allows for incredible sustained-fire rates, at the penalty of the jacket being limited to emplacement and warship usage due to weight. The water jacket can also be used on the GGG-12, because the shape doesn't change between the LGG and GGG.

TL;DR: Give the machine the option of not using Gavrillium gunpowder, dropping Gav costs, and gains an optional simple water-jacket cooling system, which should make storming our defensive posts a terrifying proposition.

Revision, obviously.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, votebox going up, along with a revision to fix the cannon.

GA1A Cannon: Fixing the range and barrel warping of the cannon is a vital fix in allowing our artillery to hit it's full potential. Furthermore, the expensive gavpower/cordite propellant is replaced with a pure cordite propellant, lessening the wear and tear on the gun. The biggest changes are replacing the screw breach with a horizontal sliding block breach & adding a hydro-pneumatic recoil system on the the gun, bringing the rate of fire up significantly. The gun's new designation has caused some of our troops to start calling it the 'Earthshaker'

Quote from: Votebox
Designs (W/Research Credit)
SMG-12 (1): Taricus
LMG-12 (0):
Oilfire 7 (0):
Guardian I (0):

Revisions (Pick Two)
Little G (0):
L2G-12 (1): Taricus
GA1A Cannon (1): Taricus
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 11:22:48 pm by Taricus »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: votebox
Designs
SMG-12 (1): Taricus
LMG-12 (0):
Oilfire 7 (0):
Guardian I (1): Rockeater

Revisions (Pick Two)
Little G (0):
L2G-12 (2): Taricus, Rockeater
GA1A Cannon (2): Taricus, Rockeater
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 01:07:31 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just something I'd like to point out, is that the research credit might be a little overkill in regards to the guardian, given that all the tech for it and similar models almost certainly exist elsewhere in the world (And the design we have now comes with the research credit integrated.)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait where's that research credit from?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh whoops, my mistake :X

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just making sure I didn't miss a slip-up somewhere is all. It's meant to be a design credit and two revisions for clarification.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fixed the vote box
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks dude, it's appreciated.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm now stuck with a necromancy/ connection to realms beyond ours resource design in my head, so if we end up refunding the design I have an idea
Nvm my idea is straight up fantasy, but I'll see if we get there
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:09:59 am by Rockeater »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 88