Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45167 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2018, 03:57:17 pm »

hmm 18 .357 costs 54 caps
30 12 gauge costs 60

Get 30 12 gauge (even if we decided that we are leaving the city)

10 caps for 20 varmint rifle

54 caps for 18 .357 bullets

Let's fuck sodom?

row much repair would we need to try to CREATE a weapon, more precisely an aberration that looks like a weapon?

It's just because I saw a news here in brazil saying that drug dealers created a pistol that shot 12 gauge shells from scrap metal and I am laughing my ass off

Useless info:
We call .38 pistols "tres oitão" (three big eight)
they are calling this pistol "tres dozão" (three big twelve)

It's stupid, but for someone that grow up hearing "tres oitão" it's hilarious
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2018, 04:32:08 pm »

How much repair would we need to try to CREATE a weapon, more precisely an aberration that looks like a weapon?

It's just because I saw a news here in brazil saying that drug dealers created a pistol that shot 12 gauge shells from scrap metal and I am laughing my ass off

Making a pipe gun would require about 40 repair, the quality of the gun goes up as your repair and guns skill does. At the bare minimum, it'll last about five shots, give or take.
At the maxed out skills, you'd probably just end up making a normal-ass gun that's as good as the materials. If you manage to find a functioning factory of sorts (not bloody likely) you could even create a proper gun. Maybe even a new one, if you're really willing to try.
You'll need to up your INT score somehow if you want to create something actually useful at that stage, however. Creativity is important.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 28, 2018, 07:08:13 am »

30 12 gauge costs 60

Let's fuck sodom?
+1 Also give Blitz the varmint rifle, then go and fuck up sodom's shit.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2018, 07:12:03 am »

30 12 gauge costs 60

Let's fuck sodom?
+1 Also give Blitz the varmint rifle, then go and fuck up sodom's shit.
1+

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 28, 2018, 03:09:38 pm »

How much for the molotov cocktail? maybe one would fit nice too, in case we want to set something on fire
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2018, 02:31:29 pm »

Alright, I'm in. I'll take the shotgun shells, too.
Ahhh, of course. Anything else I might be able to do for you?
You start counting up your caps, and shove them on the counter. The biggest advantage about NCR (or even Legion) territory is that you don't have to work with friggin' caps. It's a miracle people keep finding ways to keep them on their person. At least it's easier than an outright barter system, but caps can be sharp. It's a pain. Either way, you place down 64 caps before your employer, and ask for your extra bullets. 20 varmint rifle bullets, and 18 ludicrously expensive .357 bullets. Well, hopefully you'll be able to make your money back on that. You also ask about his molotov cocktails. He sells them for 50 caps per bottle. You decide to just buy one, while you're at it. You never know when you might wanna hear somebody die screaming.
Right. So, first step?
You have to intercept Sodom's men before they arrive at the deal and take their clothing. Whenever Sodom's dealing, he likes to have his men bear his special flag. Kill them, but keep their clothing intact. So try to go for headshots for the best effect, but people aren't going to care about some bloodstains or bulletholes. Avoid the molotovs, though. Obviously. Also, the child? Try to keep her a distance away. Sodom doesn't deal in children, so they might know something's up.
Right, easy enough.
The deal itself will happen at an old quarry, not to far south of here. Plenty of cover, and even a sniping position. But, again, if you can find some way to poison the chems, that'd be perfect. It would fit Sodom's MO perfectly. 
What?
Err, how he usually operates. But if you can't find anything, you can make do with just shooting them. Leave at least one survivor, though. They need to know that Sodom's men didn't feel like paying... The ones taking the deal aren't really fighters. Give them the option of running, and they likely will. Shoot them in the arm to make sure, of course. Maybe cut off a trigger finger, that sort of thing. And don't forget to steal the chems.
Right. Simple enough. Doesn't mean it will be easy, but simple enough. Where can I find our future dead men?
At the edge of town. I currently have one of my men holding them up with a free hit of Med-X to make them a little more sluggish. They won't think anything of it, I have to suck up to Sodom a lot...
Right. We'll follow them until they're out of sight from the guards.
Excellent. Move along now, they could leave at any moment.

You get up from the booth, and move back to your party.
Alright. That went well. We've got another job, a false-flag operation.
Shit, for real? Who are we fucking over?
Sodom. And some other party, I suppose. Main point is we're getting Sodom in hot water.
Dangerous. I like it.
What's a false flag?
We pretend to be people we're not. Anyhow, kiddo, I have a gift for you.
You sling your varmint rifle off your shoulder, and hand it over to Blitz. She starts rapidly blinking in surprise as she stands there, the gun being about as long as she is. Then you get down on her level, meaning you get on your knee. You just take her 9mm pistol from her, though, no father-y bullshit going on here. You stand back up and start talking.
That's a low-recoil, high-accurace rifle. I want you to keep your distance from the fighting, and to get used to firing this thing. Before you do anything stupid, though, let's go over the basics.
You start walking as you talk. After a short pause, she realizes this, makes a little surprised noise, and then runs after you.
First mistake. Stop muzzle sweeping everywhere. Aim that thing up in the sky. If it goes off, you might even hit something. Might as well make it that, if it does, you've got a bird to eat.
She quickly adapts, and place the butt of the gun on her hands and has the barrel pointing straight up. She's kind of hugging it, clearly unfamiliar with rifles.
Second, you're going to need a good stance to shoot. That counts for pistols as well, but rifles make it more important. Kneel or lie down if you're gonna fire. Aiming's just like the pistol, use the ironsights. Now, final point!
She jumps a little. You said the last part a bit louder, to make sure she's paying attention. Considering she hasn't said a word and is looking up at you with eyes the size of dinner plates, you figure you have her fullest of attentions.
You need to stabilize that thing against your shoulder, but don't press it against your collar bone. I've seen an idiot break it that way. Your collarbone is this you push against the jutting piece of bone for emphasis piece right here. Keep that in mind and you aught to be fine.
O-okay!
Tenderloin laughs a bit at the sight of you two. You give her a sideways stare in response, and she shuts up. Doesn't lose the smirk, though, but whatever.

It doesn't take long before you find the future dead men. Two guys, one big and one small are currently walking out of town. A guy with some leather armor is pointing you the way, clearly the merchant's guy. You quickly get moving.
After only a short while, you're out of sight from the town. The two guys are just talking to eachother, sounding just a tad slurred from the Med-X.

You've got the drop on them, how are you going to play this?

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: Ready for action! You get a 30 percent hit bonus!

EXP 'till next Level-up: 360/400 (Armed opponent 20XP) (Nomad Crusher 40XP) (Melee opponent: 10XP) (Bark scorpion: 10 XP) (Critical convince: 15 XP)

If the Molotov was too pricy, I'll just retcon it out of your inventory.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 03:35:49 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 30, 2018, 05:08:24 am »

First off all if we are going to do this we need to get some cover behind a rock or something and after that we should start to fire at their position I don’t think that we necessarily need anything more complicated then that because they seem to be fairly drugged out thanks to the med x maybe get a good sniping position for blitz but otherwise I think we should be fine.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 05:15:21 am by Basil ii »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2018, 05:57:34 am »

I think we should have blitz aim at one guy while we aim at the other and shoot them both at the same time, if blitz misses we can shoot the other guy as well.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2018, 06:06:46 am »

I think we should have blitz aim at one guy while we aim at the other and shoot them both at the same time, if blitz misses we can shoot the other guy as well.
what about tenderloin? What should she be doing.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 30, 2018, 06:47:18 am »

She should probably be ready in case things go wrong.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 30, 2018, 09:29:30 am »

She should probably be ready in case things go wrong.
neat idea but it does seem kind off wasteful to just have her on the lookout.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 09:31:11 am by Basil ii »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2018, 10:22:19 pm »

Vat powers and take our time to aim if possible, tell blitz to only shoot when we say it, if tenderloin can hide herself and go from other direction bonus point. just don't damage their clothes
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 31, 2018, 04:48:16 pm »

Alright. Blitz? You already start aiming your gun at one of the two future dead men. Take that rifle, and aim at the big guy's head. When you think you've got him in your sights, exhale slowly and pull the trigger... Don't yank that thing, just, pull it gently.
...B-but. T-they didn't do anything to us!
They're in the way of our payday, kid. That's enough. Besides, they work for Sodom. You really think they won't try to rob us if they could see us?
But...
Take. The shot.
Come on, kid. It's not as big of a thing as people think. Just pull the trigger and let's get going already.
Blitz just makes a quick grunt as she lies down and follows your advice to the letter. Lying down, placing it against her shoulder, the whole thing. Then, after a short pause, she fires. You fire off your revolver as well, at about the same time. With VATS in play, you already know you hit your mark. Looking at the two corpses over yonder confirms it. Clean, smooth and easy.
Good shot, kid. You did it. Now let's look at our handiwork.
You pick her up out of the ashes and give her a wiping down to get her clothes at least a little clean. She seems exceptionally quiet about the whole thing, and when you arrive, you're happy to see you got what you hoped for. Two perfectly ventilated heads and intact clothes. Well, that was easy. Good thing you prepared yourself with the appropriate weaponry. Imagine if you tried this with the sawed off! You'd never get the stains out!
Look at that. Two perfect outfits, just for us. Even if they're a bit large.
I'll just take the big one, alright?
Go for it, lanky.
Blitz is just staring at the man she killed. She's clearly conflicted about it all.
Blitz, your eyes are gonna fall out from staring like that. What's wrong?
I... I never...
You definitely killed before, Blitz. Or did you think those bullets just distracted them?
But it was never... That stuff kinda happened a-and this... She starting to tear up. Oh boy. You don't have the time for that.
Hey, come on. They were bastards, most likely, and being the first to shoot is going to save your life. Nobody matters more than number one, kid, and number one is always yourself.
...Ok. she doesn't sound convinced, but you've lost interest. She can get over the killing thing herself. You did, and it was easy!

Getting the outfits off was a bit of a pain, and you tracked some blood on the outfits on the way out. Should have thought of that, but it's not a big smear. Nothing you can't play off, at least. The fact that the pants were too large was nothing their belts can't fix, and ill-fitting shirts is pretty much the norm out in the wasteland. You and Tenderloin both dress up, and with a nasty-looking symbol of Sodom. What looks like a stylized S, shoddily painted on black shirts. Well, it's recognizable, at least. These clothes are about as comfy as your last ones, too, although the mark they carry probably make it a bad idea to carry for fun.
You also pick up a box of chems, similar to the one Blitz is currently carrying. It's mostly jet, from the look of things. Eleven units of them, and two syringes of psycho. You'll just be keeping that. The two also didn't carry any guns, oddly, though the big guy had a tire iron in his belt. They weren't expecting trouble, that's clear.
Well, you've got some time before that deal...

How are you going to mess with that?

Statistics and inventory.

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: Ready for action! You get a 30 percent hit bonus!

EXP 'till next Level-up: 375/400 (Armed opponent 20XP) (Nomad Crusher 40XP) (Melee opponent: 10XP) (Bark scorpion: 10 XP) (Critical convince: 15 XP)
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 01, 2018, 05:26:17 am »

I say we go to the meeting spot and shoot the guys when the show up, but be sure to leave at least one alive.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 01, 2018, 03:27:23 pm »

Blitz should stay away and not fire we wait for them, see if they are armed, and when they think we are going to deal with them, we say "Okay, sodom will get these for free/ sodom don't need your services anymore" and start shooting

on the last one we run after him but miss purposely every 9mm shots (not many) till we "get tired"
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42