Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45174 times)

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #240 on: September 07, 2018, 08:00:25 am »

grab the leftovers of the geckos, maybe get the hide and stuff, blitz already know how to do so she can help we do more

maybe teach blitz how to hide better, her task will be to camouflage on the walls and then the final test will be to pass through both of us without we seeing her using rocks and stuff for cover
+1
1+ Also is Diaz literate?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 10:37:06 am by Basil ii »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 07, 2018, 01:59:07 pm »

Yes I don't know to which extent but we can read and even mock others grammars
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 07, 2018, 03:43:20 pm »

Diaz is actually extremely well-read. It's how I justify him knowing a lot despite being low level.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 09, 2018, 01:03:58 pm »

Are you sure this is still edible?
If you cook it enough, sure. The maggots are actually a good source of protein, but you just have to make sure you pull off the heads and don't chew. They burst, and the flavor isn't that great. Also, just like the meat, make damned sure that it's cooked right.
You keep t-talking about... 'Bout food, Imma barf.
You've already ralphed three times. I keep telling you, stop it with the jet, you're overdoing it.
Screw you, you can't make me... Make me.... What are we talking about?
Why is she so weird? Blitz asks with a combination of worry and amusement. Tenderloin, meanwhile, passes out almost instantly. Eesh.
That's what happens when you keep using chems. She should not have speedballed Med-X and Jet.
What's speedballing?
Combining drugs. You do it for a serious high, but it has a tendency to cause organ damage.
What are organs?
Your guts, the stuff inside.
Oh... Mr Henderson wasn't going to be fine at his "organ farm", was he?
Who?
He was with us for a while in the slave caravan. He got sent away to an organ farm. I thought he just had to dig a lot but...
Oooh, yeah, he's dead. Did you like him?
Yeah. He taught me how to talk better.
Mom wasn't a talker?
She didn't speak english as good as most people.
She didn't speak it as well . You have to say it right.
Okay...

That gives you an idea. After you got the remains of the gecko in order, you had little else to do. Might as well teach Blitz how to hide herself. You're pretty adept at it when you spent all that time not leaving the town you were banned from. It was probably a lot of luck, but you're a natural when it comes to not being seen. A big part of it is pretending like you're supposed to be there and not being scared to move. Unless you shouldn't. It's a weird balance of things. You make it a rule that she needs to reach the gecko skull at the end of the cave without you seeing her, while you show her how to remain unseen or unheard. The basic camouflage was quick and easy, of course. Ash sticks to people quite well, and that dress/those rags are pale enough to be hard to see on a white background. Of course, the rocks are more brown, but it's darker here, as well. It takes her... quite a few tries. After about the fifth try, she was tired of it and refused to work with you anymore. You do your best to teach her what you can, but it seems you're just not getting through to her on this particular matter. Either it's not her thing, or you just went about it the wrong way. You are smart enough not to push for it any further, though.
CHR roll D20: 1 + 7CHR: 8

Well, that was ultimately a bust... But, you do think of something else to teach her. Hell, weren't you planning on this anyway? Using your kitchen knife and the ashes outside, you teach Blitz all the letters of the alphabet, which she catches on to right quick. You even teach her some basic spelling, though she is a tad frustrated by how simple you're keeping the sentences. Baby steps, you say. Waste of time, she says. Clearly, there is going to be a bit of an argument surrounding your teaching style, but at least she's with you on it. And, honestly, when you DID increase the difficulty, she got huffy about it. Well, some things are just hard. Not to mention, it's not exactly easy to teach letters using nothing but writing in ashes, but you make it work well enough. You'll get her literate soon enough.
Chr roll D20: 17
Still, by the time you're finished, it's about night-time. You take first watch, although you aren't really worried about anybody finding this place, necessarily. But it always pays off to be careful. You keep careful watch over the place, though you allow yourself to drift at least a little. You're not resting your eyes or anything stupid like that, but you do allow yourself to daydream a little. What's the harm in that? You're still watching, aren't you? You DO find yourself waking up a small time later, but nothing bad seems to have happened. You're just about to wake Tenderloin to take her share of the watch (her chems wore off, and she swore not to take anymore. To make sure of that, however, you decided to sit on the box of chems. Just a tiny bit of added security. )
Then, suddenly, you hear step on the ladder. You draw your shotgun and point it at the figure stepping down.
Bad news, dumbass. This spot's taken.
You hear a raspy intake of breath, and even in the shadows you can see the figure is raising his hands in surrender. Then you hear a voice that sounds like the gravel cut through the silence of the cave.
Don't shoot! I didn't know anybody was here!
You don't even need to see his ugly face. You already know the dead man before you is one of those fucking zombies. A ghoul. This one talks, sure, but how long before he starts eating you alive? Stupid rotting corpse motherfuckers...

What do you do with that thing?

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're feeling the shakes coming on, but it'll take a bit before it's there...

EXP 'till next Level-up: 80/600 (armed opponent: 20XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 10, 2018, 05:46:36 am »

See what he wants, then tell him to get lost.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 10, 2018, 07:12:52 am »

See what he wants after that we can decide what to do with him

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 11, 2018, 05:03:24 pm »

What the fuck do you want, you rotting piece of shit?
Please, I just wanted some shelter for me and my boys. He growls out, as non-threateningly as he can. You're coming closer to him already, and you hear both Blitz and Tenderloin stir.
Your "boys"? Did you bring a pack of fucking ferals with you? You start stomping over to to him, still aiming your doublebarrel. As you come closer to the foul-smelling ghoul, you see more an dmore of his ruined face. His cheeks are so porous you can see his teeth through them, the darkness only barely saving you from having to look at the full picture.
What!? No! We're just a buncha guys trying to make a damn living! God-damn it, just lemme go and we'll leave!
What, so you can slit our throats while we fucking sleep? Fat fucking chance.
Man, come on. There's no need for this, alright? We'll just leave.
There's a town just an hour from here. Why the fuck would you just stick around a rock?
We didn't know about that town.
BULL. SHIT. You've shoved the double-barrel against his chest at this point. One click from the trigger, and this guy's reduced to chunky salsa. To the zombie's credit, though, he remains calm.
Nnng, do you HAVe to SCREAM? I have the worst... Oh shit, a ghoul?
...What's happening?
I guess we have an intruder. She yawns again, rubbing her temples, before unsheathing both her machetes. She's clearly still sluggish, though, and she even drops the machete in her left hand.
Correct. He's got friends, though.
Again. We'll just leave if you let us, alright? We just wanted to rest for a time, man.
Why can't they?
You don't know raiders, kid. If they're here, they have to know about the town. Why'd they use this rock?
Why are you?
You flick your shotgun upwards, placing it under his chin and making the dead man flinch.
For me to know and for you to wonder. Now... How about this? You move up that ladder, and then we'll see what we do with your buddies.

Wordlessly, he complies. You quickly follow him up, giving him a shove with your shotgun every once in a while to remind him not to do anything stupid. When you come up top, you hear some voices, thankfully not as raspy as they come. Seems he came with people instead of more ghouls. The ghoul's smart enough not to say anything, and when you pop your shotgun up, you could hear a pin drop. You look at the people gathered in the cave, there's about five of them, six if you include the ghoul. They look normal enough, wearing mostly rags with some leather armor put over it. One of them has a particularly nice-looking leather jacket. They all look at you silently, and the ghoul finally speaks.
Sorry guys, but I... We can't stick here.
I can see that. Damn it, Rotface...
The group all put their hands up, some more nervously and faster than others. The guy that just spoke is the one in the jacket, he seems like the leader of these people.
Are those more people? You suddenly hear behind you. Blitz seems to have followed you up, and to her credit, she's already aiming her rifle at the group. She's biting her lip a bit, though, still nervous.
Is that a kid!? a guy in the back yells, shocked.
Shut up, Nubsy. Alright. Look, I'll just take the lead in talking here? Name's Ellis. We didn't mean anything by coming into this cave. Just let us go and we'll leave you be.
Right, and I'm Mother Theresa. Give me a single reason why you wouldn't come back to slit my throat while I slept.
Too much effort? Look, you've got us by the fucking balls here,no need to escalate this. Look, what's your name?
Fuck you.
My name's Blitz! Your little friend says. You give her a tap on the back of the head. Damn it, kid.
Well, now. So, we know a few names. We can talk this through, alright?
Explain to me why you preferred a rock over the town just an hour from here?
There's packs of ferals and geckos scurrying around this night. Some sandstorms must have unearthed some of the rotters. Rotface here might be left alone, but we won't.
There's glowing ones in there... I could get my brain fried. The ghoul wheezes out. The light of the moon shines through, but you can hear the wind outside. Must have picked up fast.
Shut it, Rotface. Look, we'll just try our luck if we can't come to an agreement, alright? But, come on. We won't do anything to you, especially if you've got a kid on you. We won't take this little...  argument against you, we probably would have done the same thing if we were woken up. How about it?

You'd prefer to tell them to get lost, but maybe...

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're feeling the shakes coming on, but it'll take a bit before it's there...

Neat stuff I do:

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2018, 01:14:08 am »

It would be a good to investigate these claims of glowing ones and feral ghouls if they are lying we can just kill them
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 01:16:00 am by Basil ii »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2018, 04:53:30 am »

Investigate their claims, if their telling the truth let them stay, if their lying tell them to get lost.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 13, 2018, 05:18:30 pm »

Ferals, huh? Where are they, exactly?
Come on, man. You want us to go out there and show you one of those zombies? No offence, rotface. He gesticulates a bit more. He knows how to talk, that one.
None taken. The ghoul shrugs. Ugh, you can see his neck thingies bulge...
It's an hour's travel, aye? I should be able to see one of those ghouls, shouldn't I?
Hey! B-b-boss? I g-got a... I g-got a sc-... Uh, a scope. T-that k-k-kid can look for him, right? One of the other humans says. He's got a pretty bad stutter, but his composure seems fine. Must be a legitimate speech impediment.
Good thinking, Shake. Give it to her, she should be able to catch something, right?
I've still got my shotty aimed at you, just a reminder. Try anything, and I'll perforate all of you in just two little shots.
I don't doubt that. Shake, the scope, please?
"Shake" slowly digs through a pouch attached to his belt, and quicky pulls out a simple-looking scope. The glass is surprisingly pristine, though, so you should probably be impressed. You can't quite feel it over that itch on your trigger finger.
Tenderloin, get the fuck up here! You shout. She's still not fully up the ladder. She quickly gets here when you yelled, though, she was probably zoning out.
Shit, Tenderloin? I heard stories of that broad.
Good ones, I'm sure. She says, still shaking cobwebs out her head. She's smiling, though.
They said you finished off a whole case of rotgut and chased it down by eating a fire gecko liver on a dare.
Oh shit, I remember that one! I burned my mouth on that one, but it was worth it, though!
I was told you killed a man with your breath.
I mean, it's fire gecko liver stuff and rotgut. Obviously you're going to breathe out some things that are a bit hot. How'd you think I burned my mouth? Still, I got off light.
Shut the fuck up and protect Blitz while she looks, would you?
Sure thing, chief.
With a flourish, she unsheathes one of her machetes, which she then grips with two hands like a baseball bat. The threat is clear enough. You keep waving your shotgun around as Blitz moves to the end of the cave, and looks out into the night's sky, using the moon for illumination.
I don't see anything...
Give it some time. They wander.
I'm giving you a lot of leeway here. You know that, right?
Thank you for that, I suppose. You can practically HEAR his eyes rolling. Dangerous levels of sass there, isn't it?

The seconds drag on, slowly turning into minutes, and just as you're about to tell these guys to get lost, Blitz yells something.
I see one! I see one! He's... He's all green and glowing!
Never thought I'd be happy that there's a glowing one around.
There is an awkward second as you look at the hopeful faces of the crew before you; After some internal debating, that lasts no longer than four seconds, you eventually stop aiming your shotgun at the people before you.
Fine. Stick around... And sorry about the gun, I guess.
Yes! Oh t-thank G-g-g-god! You're a g-good g-guy, you know t-that?
Hush up, Shaky. But, yeah. Thanks.
But that ghoul stays the hell away from me, you hear me?
Sure, sure! You won't hear a peep from ol' Rotface.
Right. Can we head a little deeper now, please? We might attract the ghouls if we stay here.
Blitz, Tenderloin! We're heading down again. Stop looking through that thing.
The two of them don't even notice you, still busy looking at the glowing one.
He doesn't have a jaw! It's sooo gross!
What? Gimme that thing, I gotta see that! Tenderloin takes the rifle, and aims at the same spot as Blitz was. The rifle is noticably unsteady in her hands, and she's holding it against her collarbone. Jesus, how did she not fire a gun in this day and age?
Ladies!
Yes, Diaz.

Everybody goes down the ladders, and sets up their part of the cave. The men were even kind enough to lend a lantern, allowing for a little more light in the cave. With everybody in a much better position, you decide that you're going to sleep now while Tenderloin keeps watch. You hand her your shotgun, in the hopes that she'll be able to hit SOMETHING with it. But before you can drift off into dreamland, Tenderloin has one more thing to babble about:
We really aughta get you a nickname or some shit, man. Calling you "Diaz" is really killing this groove.
What groove are you talking about.
I dunno...
Only assholes choose their own nickname, you know...

Choose a nickname (or don't).
What will you do in the morning, or even the rest of the night?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 13, 2018, 07:58:02 pm »

"Do ya want for me to have a nickname? Can keep calling me chief if you want, I will not mind it" give a small laugh here "I won't bother in creating anything, I will just stick to the best nickname I come across"

Sleep

Wake up, take a fast care of our wonderful piece of hair if everybody asleep hide some stuff on the ash near where we are sleeping

yawn, share a bit of the bread and some water bottles, ask around what they do in these parts, what are theirs specialty/"occupation", depending on how convincing they are we say that if we got a job we can call them in if we think we need numbers and they are feeling bored/hungry

when they ask what we do we answer "What is needed to survive and/or remove the boredom, although both are sometimes antagonists... so, something for me?"

ask where they came from where they want to go and some shit talk, maybe ask if they have a problem with "the good stuff" or "last resource for survival" and try to sell them some of our drugs from Bartholomew or Sodom before one of the two notice it

get shield, and if they get surprised by it just say "You would be more surprised if you saw the armor and weapon that this asshole was using, he ain't going to mess with kids no more"

Go to city to sell shield/buy water/buy food/ buy steady/ get payment/ dance naked

-1 to dancing naked

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2018, 05:00:00 am »

"Do ya want for me to have a nickname? Can keep calling me chief if you want, I will not mind it" give a small laugh here "I won't bother in creating anything, I will just stick to the best nickname I come across"

Sleep

Wake up, take a fast care of our wonderful piece of hair if everybody asleep hide some stuff on the ash near where we are sleeping

yawn, share a bit of the bread and some water bottles, ask around what they do in these parts, what are theirs specialty/"occupation", depending on how convincing they are we say that if we got a job we can call them in if we think we need numbers and they are feeling bored/hungry

when they ask what we do we answer "What is needed to survive and/or remove the boredom, although both are sometimes antagonists... so, something for me?"

ask where they came from where they want to go and some shit talk, maybe ask if they have a problem with "the good stuff" or "last resource for survival" and try to sell them some of our drugs from Bartholomew or Sodom before one of the two notice it

get shield, and if they get surprised by it just say "You would be more surprised if you saw the armor and weapon that this asshole was using, he ain't going to mess with kids no more"

Go to city to sell shield/buy water/buy food/ buy steady/ get payment/ dance naked

-1 to dancing naked

+1 ...but I was really looking forward to the naked dancing.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 15, 2018, 05:02:20 pm »

Don't care about a nickname. Just call me chief or something if you really must.
Pfft, alright. Sleep tight.
Mmmyep. You lay back and drift away into sleep, having slept in far worse conditions than this. Adrift ont he clouds of imagination, you dream of another life, another time.
By morning, you don't remember a thing. You wake up very early, and enjoy your morning routine of drinking a mouthful of water and making sure your hair is still an unbreakable slab of pure charm and gel. You should get a comb or something, one of these days those hairs might just move. Even concrete cracks, after all. You briefly consider hiding a few things in the ashes, but you can't think of what, exactly. Still, you are free to do whatever. Your guests seem to have neglected posting a guard, which is a very odd amount of trust. You step outside, climbing up the ladder, and then you find out that they DID post one guard. Outside. Guessing from a singular dead ghoul at the front, you figure he's a decent fighter, if nothing else. You don't remember this guy that well, but you think he was the second in command? He doesn't seem to have a weapon on him, though.
Oh, hey. How are you?
I'm... good. Kind of weirded out how you didn't post anybody to guard, though.
If you were g-going to k-k-kill us, you wu-would have. No need t-to wait for us all to sleep, first.
What if I changed my mind.
T-then we'd be fu-fu-fu-fu-fucked, w-wouldn't we?
Right. Well, I guess you got lucky... Want some water?
F-for real?
Yeah, sure. I got some bread, too. Never quite got around to eating that, might as well share. Once you break the crust that shit doesn't keep, anyway.
Huh. T-tryin' to get in our g-good books, are you?
Yeah, whatever. What does your crew do,anyway?
M-mercs. M-mostly. Not t-to the p-point that we, uh, have a nuh-name.
Really. You don't look armed.
The rest are a bit more visibly armed. I'm a bit more hands-on.
He holds his hand up, and reveals some dangerous-looking spiky brass knuckles on his fingers. His other hand is also covered in brass knuckles, though they lack the spikes. Looking at the ghoul shows an indentation on his skull, and some dried blood.
W-wandered in here a few hours ago. Didn't p-put up much of a fffu-fu-fight.
Good. Any friends of his around?
N-no. They went b-back to lying around when t-the storm d-died down. It's the rads in the ash.

Suddenly, you hear a voice from right behind you. Somebody else is climbing up the ladder.
Ah, there you are. Your, uh, child woke up everybody when she noticed you were gone. She didn't mean to, mind you, she just yelped.
Yeah, she's, uh... not my kid. She just kinda sticks with me.
Fair enough.
You fellas want some bread?
I... What?
Bread. You fellas want some?
At what cost.
Free. I'll have tenderloin cut it. We should all be able to get a slice, at least.
...Why not. Sure. Mighty kind of you, stranger.
Yeah, yeah. I guess I'm feeling altruistic.
What?
Means d-doing things for other p-people without expecting anything in return.
I doubt that, but I won't say no to it.

Eating with the mercs was rather enjoyable, all things considered. The tanks are nice, and the talk isn't nearly as awkward as it would have been. In fact, you even manage to sell some of the chems, as the group is rather liberal on it. You didn't even need to use your planned euphemisms, you just straight up sold some chems. You went on the rate of 20 caps per chem. They're worth more, but this is kind of "hot" material, and you don't feel like starting some haggling procedures.
The talks prove to give some interesting tidbits, as well.
What I do? Well, mostly I do what I need to survive, or remove boredom. Sometimes those things don't mesh together well.
Sort of like us, I suppose.
Hm... Maybe I could call on you fellas in the future? If I need the numbers or something.
Kin of a weird way to meet an employer, eh? Shoves a shotgun in your gob, and then offers you a job.
S-shut up, Rotface.
Yup.
Don't mind him. We love the stinker, but he tends to speak before he thinks.
You end up making about 120 caps from the drug trade, selling all your psycho, mentats and buffout from Blitz' "pack". They didn't want anything else, so Tenderloin gets to keep her bit of drugs. For better or for worse. She doesn't even let you look inside that readily, you guess the trust isn't quite there yet. She likes you, sure, but that doesn't mean enough to her at the moment.
You leave only a little while later, picking up the shield on your way out. With most of the loot spread out or gone, you don't have any trouble carrying the thing, though it's still heavy as all hell. Well, with both hands you can heft it around well enough. You are noticeably slowed, however, and take longer to get somewhere. And, sure enough, you can't avoid meeting something. You see a dark figure under the ash, and when you approach (with your gun out, of course) you figure out what it is. It's a dog. A damned ugly mutt, at that, with plucks of hair gone. The most striking feature is that, while most of the brown and black fur on its back is gone, leaving visible red flesh, it managed to keep hold of a large pluck of hair on the snout. It sort of looks like a moustache, really. When it notices you, it whines and starts limping towards you, the hind leg looks wounded. Looking a bit closer to where it was buried, you can see a corpse. Tenderloin is quick to pull it out of the sands, causing the dog to bark plaintively. The man must have been beaten to death by a ghoul, guessing from the frozen expression of fear and his arms being locked in a defending position. Odd that the dog survived, and that there's no ghoul corpse or anything around.

The dog isn't massive, and it isn't aggressive. That leg is looking pretty bad, though...
What do you do here?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Woops, forgot to add the money. I mean, "you slap the pip-boy to fix the glaring discrepancy that in no way was unintentional." Good thing you spotted it, right, it's just extra challenge, yes!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:21:13 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 16, 2018, 12:26:40 am »

we should try to help the dog

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 16, 2018, 03:45:36 am »

we should try to help the dog
+1 We should also see what the dead guy has on him.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42