Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45181 times)

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #225 on: September 02, 2018, 01:00:04 am »

Blitz should stay away and not fire we wait for them, see if they are armed, and when they think we are going to deal with them, we say "Okay, sodom will get these for free/ sodom don't need your services anymore" and start shooting

on the last one we run after him but miss purposely every 9mm shots (not many) till we "get tired"

1+ i would prefer if we say sodom doesn’t need your services anymore.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 06:33:51 am by Basil ii »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 02, 2018, 02:40:18 am »

Blitz should stay away and not fire we wait for them, see if they are armed, and when they think we are going to deal with them, we say "Okay, sodom will get these for free/ sodom don't need your services anymore" and start shooting

on the last one we run after him but miss purposely every 9mm shots (not many) till we "get tired"

1+  i would prefer if we say sodom doesn’t need your services anymore.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 02, 2018, 05:54:02 pm »

I was thinking we'll shoot our way out. Change things up a little.
Am I gonna have to shoot people again? Blitz says in a whiny sort of voice. You pat her head in response.
Yep, but you're gonna do it from pretty far away, you fragile little ragamuffin.
She giggles at the noogie you're giving her, eventually forcing you off. You hear a snort from Tenderloin, but she otherwise doesn't react.
Well, are we looting what we kill?
Obviously, but remember. We're keeping one of them alive. Maybe fire at him with a nine millimeter, make him think we're serious. I'll give you the gun, that way we're sure nothing will be hit.
Oh, HA-HA. She has her hands on her hips as she sarcastically shakes her head. You start smirking, and you already know that won't go away for the time being. Your smug is unyielding, your bulli relentless.

The walk to the quarry was completely uneventful. You saw the occasional corpse of a wasteland beastie, a few flies and even a murdercrow. Those are pretty rare, it's weird somebody would go out of their way to shoot one. They're mostly scavengers, don't attack live pray. It looks like a normal crow, other than the size and the extra talon and the third eye developing on their forehead. Ugly, sure, but otherwise normal. The quarry itself is actually somewhat impressive. Many blocks remain, clearly cut into shape. You even see an old safety helmet on a skeleton, here. You kick the bag of bones apart to amuse yourself. You find the agreed upon location pretty fast. A lower patch, essentially a manmade canyon. It only goes a few meters deep, and there's a slope on both sides. There's even quite a few boulders around for cover. This is the perfect area for not only a gunfight, but for a perked sniper.
Kind of strange to give somebody sniper duty after firing a single bullet, but you're planning on doing the loin's share of the killing, anyhow. You place Blitz on top of the walls. With the height advantage, they'll have a tough time seeing her. That's the theory, anyway. It's just basic gunfighting knowledge, always get the high ground. You've got a double-barreled shotgun, to end the discussion with. You'll switch up when you need to, you've got enough guns on you for that. Alright, you're probably set.
You wait around for a short while, but you see people in the distance before you even get bored. You give a final reminder to everybody (and give a little shout for Blitz) to keep one of them alive.

Six people eventually arrive. They look lean, some of them are clearly junkies. Still, the main guy talking is big, bald and has that sort of natural air of thickness to him. Both in brains and body. Pear-shaped, almost, but he's the biggest, so he's the boss. You can see a fat sack of caps hanging from his side, along with a laser pistol.
Interesting.
The weapons of the others are a bit vague. A more perceptive person could probably figure it out, but you don't have time for it. It probably slings lead at high velocities, all you need to know. They all take up positions, clearly looking to guard more than to deal. The bald man walks forward first, with the confident swagger of somebody who knows he's about to profit handily. Most likely the type of idiot that keeps a selection of product or caps. Probably both.
What's up, Sodoms? You look like you had a round with a gecko.
Do you have the caps?
Psh, what? Too good to banter a bit? Fucking loser. Fine, here's your fucking ca-... He pauses for a moment, seemingly remembering something. He scrunches up his little head for a moment, making it very clear how his entire head looks a tad too small for the rest of him.  'old on now.
You feel a pit in your stomach. You want this deal, first. can't have them figure out this is a falseflag when they get back.
Wozn't it gonna be Fred and Jerry doing this 'ere delivery? What happened to them?
Improvise, damn you, you can do it! We had some trouble earlier. That Bartholomew motherfucker had a cave full of chems. Sodom wanted in on that racked, and sent a couple boys, that being Fred n' jerry. They handled the fucking gecko's alright, but they didn't expect a raider bitch being inside. Now, third guy managed to take her down, but she shot the both of them. Pow! Right in the head, too.
Fuck me, for real? Who was the third guy?
I don't know. It wasn't fucking me, so why the fuck would I care. I only know their name cuz Sodom said "those idiots are dead, you get to go instead"
There is a lull in the conversation. The baldy is looking a bit conflicted, but...
Damn, I liked those guys, they knew how to have a good time.
You can feel yourself sweating. Did he believe you? Is he playing along?  Is he-
So what's up with you guys? You new? Those outfits don't exactly fit and... is that blood?
Yeah, we're really new. Didn't even get our own shirts yet, but we wanted the money and after a couple courier jobs it was cool with him. We're a part of the gang, he knows we can shoot better than most. That's why we're replacement crew.
Izzat right? yeah, I can see that, but what about the outfits?
We don't waste shit around here, alright? We're civilised. We got Jerry n' Fred's stuff, we'll just get it fitted a bit better later. After this we can actually clean the fucking bloodstains off, first.
You can tell he doesn't quite trust it all, raising an eyebrow and tilting his head. Your hand slowly shakes towards your sawed-off...
Right. I get that, I had the same stuff when I joined up with Harkin. Had to "Grow in" to the role! He laughs heartily, slapping his belly for emphasis. You chuckle a bit, mostly to keep the mood going. Almost got it...
Right, then. Here's the caps, now gimme the chems.
You hand him the box as Tenderloin picks up the sack of caps. The nugget in front of you opens the box, and grins wide as he looks at the treasure.

Alright! Pleasure doing business with you.
He sticks out his hand, and the guards that are with him start hopping off their perches to prepare to leave.
Of course, but there's one message I had to deliver.
You grab his hand and shake it with vigor
Really, what's that?
Sodom has no more need for your services. You say, before you pull on his hand with a solid twist and plant your double-barrel into his sizeable gut as you send him careening forward. The earsplitting blast that follows blasts the idiot's stomach apart as he screams bloody murder, falling on his back as he loses his insides to gravity. Before the other guards can react, you blast your second barrel at a small cluster, killing one of the guards outright and spraying one other. Then you dive for cover. You hear Blitz' varmint rifle go off, and a guard falls out of his cover like a log, his head leaking from the small calibre bullet that went inside, and never came out.
Tenderloin screams like a banshee as she surprises another one, using a corner if you had to guess. She just kind of disappeared as soon as you blasted your shotgun. Whether or not she killed the man is unsure, but considering that she isn't yelling in pain or something, you assume she won. Good thing she knows how to use those machetes.
Your incredibly rapid actions are clearly discombobulating. The injured guard (the one you sprayed with your shotgun) is screaming in fear, and is currently sprinting away at high speeds. But, of course, you can't move quite yet. There's one healthy guy left...
You hear Blitz fire again, finally. A yell of pain from a guy, not too far from you. You reload your shotgun, and wait for the next shot. You peek the corner, and you can see the man's foot. He must have shifted to avoid Blitz' fire, but he's not sure where it's coming from! This canyon must echo the sound of something, you can't even tell where she's firing from! You hear another shot, and the man curses and jumps back, his foot hit by a bullet.
Right into your crosshairs.

You blast him away without much style. He just falls over dead after a final twitch.
The last guy is still visible, so you fire a few rounds from your pistol in his general direction, but don't pursue. After four bullets, you decide that was enough. He'll likely have gotten the picture.
Well, that was unreasonably successful. Looks like shotguns are a good way to open combat. And junkies don't fight that good. Of course, it's just a question if you're going to loot the bodies. You might not have the time, you need to dump these outfits, after all, make sure nobody knows this was a set-up. Tenderloin also shows up again, to confirm that, yes, she did defeat that one guy using her machetes. The fact that she's kicking along a head shows she made sure of that. It's kind of gross, and you hear Blitz as she comes closer to you both.
Eeeeew!
You said it, kid.

What now?

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: Ready for action! You get a 30 percent hit bonus!

EXP 'till next Level-up: 80/600 (armed opponent: 20XP)

Level Up!
You have 14 skill points! Add them to the skills of choice!
Skills

Choose a perk!

EDIT: changed the glow into colours. Gotta keep that consistency.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 01:06:52 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 03, 2018, 05:49:11 am »

Loot the bodies and grab the safety helmet from the skeleton, then change clothing far from the quarry.

Perk:
Big dog

Skills:
Melee weapons: +3
Repair: +5
Barter: +2
Speech: +4
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 03, 2018, 06:09:18 am »

Quote from: Box
Perk:
Big dog

Skills:
Guns:+3
I have the same opinion as zultan except for giving more skill points to melee I really don’t get why we need it right now
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 10:54:52 am by Basil ii »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 03, 2018, 11:23:18 am »

Quote from: Box
Perk:
Big dog

Skills:
Guns:+3
I have the same opinion as zultan except for giving more skill points to melee I really don’t get why we need it right now

+1, that big dog stuff fit us like a glove

Burn the clothes if possible maybe?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 04, 2018, 04:36:52 am »

Burning the clothing is probably a good idea, we should have away to light them as we have a Molotov.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 04, 2018, 10:38:24 am »

I would suggest to burn the corpses too, but they will draw TOO much attention

rotting somewhere under the ashes is enough

Maybe after burning the clothes instead of going back to the city we should try to see the loot we hid in the cave

we have to think how to deal with the ankward backpack, maybe if they catch us while we bring the heavy stuff we can say that we retrieved it from raiders

I am almost sure that one of these days we will hire a brahmin to hold our stuff

DAMN, I TOUGHT JUST NOW HOW TO POISON THE DRUGS, WE COULD MIX THEM, AND THEY WOULD USE IMPURE SHIT THAT MIGHT KILL THEM (or roll the weirdest critical error in which we create the new superdrug that make the junkies love sodom)
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 04, 2018, 04:18:55 pm »

Loot the bodies, make it quick.
You, Tenderloin and Blitz make quick work of the guards. Most of them had a pittance of caps on them, no more than 22 all together. Their guns are a bit higher quality, though. You find two more .357 revolvers, and even make bank on some extra bullets. Five bullets in the guns, and some extra round on them gives you a solid 14. Not bad! You pocket the guns as well, of course. The other fellas are about what you'd expect from armed guards, you find another varmint rifle, and a double-barrel shotgun. This one fires 20g rounds, though, pretty much just for vermin, back before people were the number one target of guns. It's... not actually that much better now. I mean, sure, it's still a hail of buckshot that'll ruin anybody's day, but it cannot compare at all to your very own 12gauge. Honestly, 20gauge is kind of rarer to find, anyway, as most farmers and other double-barrel owning people of the early 2000's just went for a 12 gauge anyway. Where did he find this thing, anyway?
Well, back to the matter at hand. The fat guy didn't even have a gun on him, only a set of brass knuckles. They're pretty solid chunks of metal that protect the fist and do the opposite to a dude's face. It's not exactly complex, but it's nice to have on hand, probably. It DOES remind you of something, though.
Hey, what happened to that bat we took along? The spiked one?
Hmm? Tenderloin is too distracted by stealing some bits and pieces of armor to pay attention. That, and she just finished huffing a canister of Jet.
God-damn it, did you just get high?
Howdy pot, I'm kettle, have we met? She says, though she sounds a bit loopy already. Great, it's a hit of the good stuff, she's going to be hallucinating for a few minutes.
The bat. Where the hell is it?
That? Oh, I hid it back in town in one of my old hiding spots. I always keep a few of those around, never know when you might need to cut and run.
...Alright. That seems oddly clever of you
I was on mentats when I came up with it, and I kept it a habit.
Of course. How's it coming on that armor?
Mostly crap. Only thing worth a damn is this shoulderguard, the rest is more scrap with a belt... Is that an actual radroach on your back or am I fucked up?
Option B.
Sweeeeet.
She giggles to herself. Well, that's about it. You decide that you're going to count up the rest of your goods after you get away for a bit, before they send in people to check up.

Once you've made some distance, you tell Tenderloin to take off her clothes, while you get that bullet trick ready for a fire. You can only hope that these things burn easy, you never really know with most clothing. Tenderloin, being high as a kite, decided to make a show of it. It affects you as much as any naked lady generally does, in that you pull off her shirt before she gets too stupid with it and tell her to stop being retarded. She looks rather sad that she isn't getting an effect from you, and honestly, even if you cared for any of that you doubt it'd work. With her shirt off you can see how unhealthy she appears. All skin and bones, lesions, scars, all that kind of stuff. 
And to put her old clothes on, which she does very begrudgingly. The good news is, she comes down from the initial, hallucinatory high just as you set the clothing alight. Fortunately, there were a few oil stains that make the whole things burn quite nicely, making sure you don't need to waste a molotov on it. The bad news is that it's smoking a lot and stinks like a motherfucker, but it could be worse. You decide to move away from your massive smoke signal for a bit before you start counting up the loot. It's a decent bit of loot.
In the meantime, you also end up drinking a water bottle, between the three of you. It's a hot desert!

Loot table

Well, you could head back for payment, or you could stay low for a while. Maybe even make a detour to see if your heavier stuff is still around. Of course, you're still carrying a lot of things, so you'll have to stash a few things, most likely.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: Ready for action! You get a 30 percent hit bonus!

EDIT: While thinking, you whack your old pip-boy a bit. It's a bit of a shitty model, but it's still really good to have. You seem to have reshuffled a few things by doing so...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 03:42:51 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 05, 2018, 07:45:34 am »

I say we take everything and equip one of the Scrap leg armor and the scrap arm piece and that we lay low for a bit.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 05, 2018, 07:58:14 am »

I say we take everything and equip one of the Scrap leg armor and the scrap arm piece and that we lay low for a bit.
1+ but after that we should check in with the merchant

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 05, 2018, 09:17:29 am »

We can lay low while making that detour

Oh, and check how much cap that sack has, maybe we should keep our own stash somewhere far from tenderloin's eye later (Both bartholomew and Tenderloin's don't know we are working together)

oh, give the pipe boy a little tap for it to work properly again (the big dog perk wasn't included and the skills menu is missing, we can just interpret that this is malfunctioning for a moment  :P)
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 06, 2018, 05:12:26 pm »

Right, best if we lay low for a while.
What?
You heard me. Look, we left a witness behind, and if we head back into town they're likely to try and find us. It's harder to explain some traitors that "suddenly disappeared".
Fuck, alright. Where are going to be?
I figure the old cave might be best. We can pick up the stuff we left behind, too, if its still there.
Unlikely. But, whatever. We can probably eat some of the gecko leftovers, and I know where to get some water in there. I think it's clean, too.
You haven't tried eating me and you still have all your skin, I figure it'll be alright.
Do you know the best way to go?
Taking a look at your pip-boy, you discover the automaps are, in fact, working. You even have your own position marked on that map, which is damned useful! Don't need to waste any time on the maps made by other guys, you can just use your own. It's marked the areas you've been to in squares, and gives about an estimated distance and lay of the land. It must work off satellites or something. Maybe. Space thing seem likely, who knows how many astronauts are up there. They must be sitting pretty.

Well, with the maps in play, it was just a fairly lengthy walk through empty ashfilled deserts. In fact, you didn't meet anything new until the cave was already in sight, the dead trees marking it apart from any other ashen dune. That was, until she appeared again. With a sudden explosion of dust and ashes, that woman that gave you the pip-boy is back .She hasn't changed her clothing, still appearing in the oddest clothing you ever did see. At a distance, you think she might be copying a one of those things in the hunting books. The name was worn out, though. Of course, that's all thinking you did after the encounter, considering your first reaction was to fall flat on your ass while yelling in alarm and anger from the sudden dusty explosion.
HELLO AGAAAIIIIIN! She yells, while striking a pose, stretching her arms out like a salesman selling a car.
Fuuuck, are you going to do that shit every fucking time?
Mind the language, short stuff! Anywaaayyyy, I see you've been enjoying my product quite a bit. It's a lovely piece of kit, no?
It's been... useful. Thanks, I guess.
Hmmm, I bet. Now, there is one little thing about that. The matter of payment .
She says it with a very disingenuous smile, one that remind you a rabid dog closing in on its pray.
Fuck, alright. I've got caps on me, what the hell do you want for it?
Awww, you poor Silly Billy. I don't want anything like that! No, I want something far more valuable. Y'see, I think you recently came into something very special. Matter of fact, your pip-boy probably marked them down for you.
...What?
Perks! Special little perks you get from doing just that little extra special thing. You've only got one for trade right now, but I figure that will do! Unless... Hmmm...
She looks over you, comically rubbing her chin while making tapping her foot. She's mockingly scrutinizing you, a way of scrutinizing that is somehow twice as bad.
You don't have anything like that, do you! I look for perks and verrry special mementos. Things that REALLY mean something. Things people aren't so willing to trade. Eeeeverybody's willing to give away caps, but who can give away the trophy of a first kill, a special bullet meant for a special man, an autograph of the great Luchador wandering the wastes... It takes a very spirited, commited sort of man to do that, and that's where I come in. Very special people like you can get some great little benefits by working with me. I'm expensive, but oh, so worth it. Believe it honey, you won't regret it too much.
H-how the fuck are you going to take this... perk shit?
She walks right up to you, close enough you can smell plants on her. A faint breeze tickles your cheek, despite there being no wind, and then she pecks you on the cheek.❤Like so! You instantly feel like... something's gone. You don't know what, but it feels "off".
Like so!
Duuude I am freaking ouuuut...
WHO ARE YOU! Blitz outright yells. She seems rather upset about this whole thing.
Oh, dear Blitzie. Call me Tanooki. It's as good a name as any. And who I am isn't that important, it's what I do that people will care about. Who knows, in the future, we'll be doing business as well!
NO! GO AWAY!
Awww, alright. Buuuuut! Before I go, I should give you a means to contact me. I can't just appear at any time for you, you know, I've got plenty of things to do. If you ever need to have a look at my wares, just take this and plant it in the ground. She pulls out an odd wooden cone of some sort. It doesn't look like it was handcrafted, almost entirely natural.
Keep that pinecone around, would you? And remember, if I come around, there will always be a deal. Tata!

Another explosion of ashes and smoke, and she's gone again. You don't even care any more, though Bltiz is clearly freaking out at this point. Funny, she took it a lot better last time...
You decide to just keep going to the cave, and prepare to just chill for a bit. To your dismay, however, you find that somebody has come along and looted both the sledgehammer and the leather armor. Guessing from a very particular trail in the ashes, the sledgehammer was recent, and the guy that took it had to drag it along. However, the massive spiked shield is still here. Most likely considered too much hassle to take along. Well, at least you still have that.
Also, you open up the sack of caps while you sit here. 300 caps, exactly. Neat, though it might be best if you don't keep that for yourself?
Fuck it, it's yours now.

Waiting around is rather boring. How do you try to spend the time? You can try to train a little, figure out how not to get stabbed. Tenderloin can help, if she does something other than getting stoned (though you might just join her on that).

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: The high is over.... Laying low is going to get annoying pretty fast.

Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 06, 2018, 08:59:50 pm »

grab the leftovers of the geckos, maybe get the hide and stuff, blitz already know how to do so she can help we do more

maybe teach blitz how to hide better, her task will be to camouflage on the walls and then the final test will be to pass through both of us without we seeing her using rocks and stuff for cover

and hmmm

selling perks that we don't like for good stuff, it's nice to trade with the devil

maybe later we can sell traumatic moments? or anger? damn she should at least say what she accept as payment besides just taking a perk next time
Novice english wordsmith

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 07, 2018, 06:52:07 am »

grab the leftovers of the geckos, maybe get the hide and stuff, blitz already know how to do so she can help we do more

maybe teach blitz how to hide better, her task will be to camouflage on the walls and then the final test will be to pass through both of us without we seeing her using rocks and stuff for cover
+1
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42