Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The Sadistic Holiday Demon (A Roleplaying Game)  (Read 6239 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
The Sadistic Holiday Demon (A Roleplaying Game)
« on: July 07, 2018, 09:18:21 am »

DISCLAIMER: This game is ridiculous. It's a mega-crossover RPG based on a silly YouTube edit. It's for fun no matter how much gore and nightmare fuel I put in it. Thank you.

Spoiler: Storyline (click to show/hide)
And make sure to the watch the original video:

After checking those both out, I welcome you to my newest attempt at an RPG after The Zodiac Chronicles: The Sadistic Holiday Demon. Basically, to put it abridged, a villain from a story-based YouTube Poop went dark, edgy, and serious, and decided to try again in the actual Multiverse. As you may have gathered, this game is themed around Holidays. There are Ten in total (including Christmas and other Holidays, or at least ones celebrated in America), and while four Universes are unlocked right at the start (with more characters per franchise being unlocked later), there are fourteen in total. One franchise will be unlocked for each holiday saved (save for Thanksgiving because I miscounted, there are two there). If you want a spoiler'd look at which franchises and which holidays are included, here you go:

Spoiler: Holiday-Universe List (click to show/hide)

And now for some indepth rules:
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

The next post will feature the starting Character Sheets, don't worry. You can Suggest a Holiday and Franchise to be used (like, for example, Canada Day which will unlock Steven Universe if completed), so long as it can slip between the other preset holidays and I approve it.

Players: 5/6:
Hermione Granger (Detoxicated), Soldier (Dustan Hache), Twilight Sparkle (King Zultan), Han Solo (Hotfire90), Engineer (JakeParade)

Waitlist: 0/Infinite:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:56:41 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Sadistic Holiday Demon
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 10:51:51 am »

I'd advise using Google if you're unfamiliar with the character. Picking a Color to go with them for your dialogue and such is optional.

PS: Ultimate Attacks are balanced by a cooldown. Just FYI

Spoiler: Character Sheets (MLP) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheets (TF2) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 12:37:27 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 09:47:36 pm »

*bump*

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 07:47:23 pm »

so we play as one of these characters or a group?
im in

playing as hermione...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 09:15:46 pm by Detoxicated »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 11:52:29 pm »

so we play as one of these characters or a group?
im in

playing as hermione...

Every player gets a single character. I'm actually gonna ditch colors, instead imposing a hard cap of having only one of a character at a time. So, Detox, you're in.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 11:55:39 pm by Greatness942 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 06:58:24 am »

So is this going to be one of those games with the IC and OOC threads, or all in one?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 08:05:59 am »

So is this going to be one of those games with the IC and OOC threads, or all in one?

It'd honestly depend on what's easier. All in one might get confusing, so I'm leaning towards the former.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:08:40 am by Greatness942 »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 01:22:43 pm »

will we be playing a different character for each holiday? Can we send other chars on missions but you roll the results. What to do with downtime?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 03:34:58 pm »

Well this looks interesting. I think I'll try Soldier* out if you'll have me.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 03:49:59 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 07:55:01 pm »

will we be playing a different character for each holiday? Can we send other chars on missions but you roll the results. What to do with downtime?

As interesting as both ideas sound, no. You have the same party every holiday, and time management is the key, not outsourcing.

As for downtime, players will be able to gain missions by talking to NPCs (or just have a polite conversation), or buy items or skills from within the area.

Well this looks interesting. I think I'll try Soldier* out if you'll have me.

Of course! You're in.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2018, 07:56:22 pm »

okay sounds neat. just wanted to make sure if i got you right.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 08:18:22 am »

Bumping the thread one last time.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 04:45:25 am »

I'm interested in joining this but I'm not sure what to pick.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2018, 01:54:01 pm »

I'm interested in joining this but I'm not sure what to pick.

If you have to take my advice, I'd recommend looking up characters you're stuck on to get a feel for them in their source material, and then using that as a baseline to choose them.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 04:34:26 pm »

I can hardly wait to save Easter.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6