Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Sadistic Holiday Demon (A Roleplaying Game)  (Read 6238 times)

JakeParade

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome to the Parade.
    • View Profile
Re: The Sadistic Holiday Demon (A Roleplaying Game)
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2018, 02:05:13 pm »

The Engineer rubs his chin, pondering his options. "I say we go rustle up some allies...Let's go free those ponies. First thing's first though, I'm buildin' a sentry!"

The Engineer will pull the metal scraps off of the fallen enemies, as well as taking a bundle of metal from his dispenser. Assuming it functions like TF2, small pick-ups give 40, (which a level 1 dispenser also puts out) medium pickups give 100, large pickups top me off at 200. Greatness, you should probably think up a system for this but for right now, I'll say the grunts drop smalls, the wheel ketch and ursa drop a medium. Of course, since this is your game you're more than welcome to change it. This is just me throwing it out there as there's no system in place yet.

So, two small metal drops and a dispenser drop is is 120 metal, which puts me back to my cap of 200 from 100. I plop down a sentry. (after taking a few moments to tune it's sensors so it doesn't immediately open fire on the RED Soldier).

Placing a sentry costs 130. Two medium pickups from the Ketch and Ursa equals 200, which tops me off and grants me enough to upgrade the Sentry to level two. "I'm movin' this!" And with that, the Engineer is ready to go.

For the record, I'm doing this all at once because we're in a safe zone. I assume building in combat will take time, so I'm preparing ahead of time! Also, I have no more metal.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 02:08:19 pm by JakeParade »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2018, 04:17:00 pm »

"I will follow the team but I still think helping allies is more important..."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2018, 07:28:47 pm »

The Engineer rubs his chin, pondering his options. "I say we go rustle up some allies...Let's go free those ponies. First thing's first though, I'm buildin' a sentry!"

The Engineer will pull the metal scraps off of the fallen enemies, as well as taking a bundle of metal from his dispenser. Assuming it functions like TF2, small pick-ups give 40, (which a level 1 dispenser also puts out) medium pickups give 100, large pickups top me off at 200. Greatness, you should probably think up a system for this but for right now, I'll say the grunts drop smalls, the wheel ketch and ursa drop a medium. Of course, since this is your game you're more than welcome to change it. This is just me throwing it out there as there's no system in place yet.

So, two small metal drops and a dispenser drop is is 120 metal, which puts me back to my cap of 200 from 100. I plop down a sentry. (after taking a few moments to tune it's sensors so it doesn't immediately open fire on the RED Soldier).

Placing a sentry costs 130. Two medium pickups from the Ketch and Ursa equals 200, which tops me off and grants me enough to upgrade the Sentry to level two. "I'm movin' this!" And with that, the Engineer is ready to go.

For the record, I'm doing this all at once because we're in a safe zone. I assume building in combat will take time, so I'm preparing ahead of time! Also, I have no more metal.

I will set a system. That sounds fine. The Elite Mook in Ashen Snow will drop a large package.

Also, Time Limits can go on the day of a Demon battle. So potentially, you can do both missions.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2018, 04:34:37 am »

Five Days until Demonic Presence
Christmas Town

With the goal in mind (and a level 2 Sentry in Engi's possession), the group makes the first of two treks.

Four Days until Demonic Presence
The Kalasty Tundra

The first thing the group hears is the sound of...wubs? Wub-wubs? It's dubstep, unrecognizable to any of the party members, who either are of a different tech level or come from a time beforehand. It's noise, plain and simple.

In the tundra, a grey Earth Pony with a cello plays with the Dubstep Unicorn, her blue hair positively glowing with how much it stands out from the milk white snow. Vinyl, the dubstep Unicorn in question, is wearing glasses over her eyes, but both her and the grey-furred Octavia seem to have glowing red eyes. Suddenly, from the sky, a third one in dark grey appears. Her eyes, still red, are googly and she has Pegasus wings. [Perception: 3] Somehow, neither Vinyl, nor Octavia, nor Derpy notice the party.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Recruitment Ops Sheets (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2018, 08:00:26 am »

Having distinctly decided to go do the other trek, wait for my trek to come around.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2018, 08:30:07 am »

Cast Lumos Solem on the Enemy

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2018, 08:52:47 am »

Having distinctly decided to go do the other trek, wait for my trek to come around.

Fair enough.

Hotfire90

« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2018, 09:23:08 am »

Set my blaster to stun and shoot Vinyl.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2018, 10:26:46 am »

"I don't think there going to recognize me."
Use Enemy Lock on Muffin.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

JakeParade

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome to the Parade.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2018, 01:33:18 pm »

The Engi is going to plop down his Sentry and yank out his pistol. "Phew, that was gettin' heavy! Y'all magic users better get your healin' spells ready...This is about t'get real messy."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2018, 12:22:33 am »

UPDATE: Coming Soon.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 10:00:28 am by Greatness942 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2018, 02:04:30 am »

Hey.

Listen, my interest in this sort of thing was reignited lately, and I was wondering if perhaps you five, or anyone reading the thread back for that matter, would be interested if I were to completely reboot the game in a new thread?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2018, 04:15:45 am »

I'm interested.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Hotfire90

« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2018, 02:39:33 pm »

I'm also still interested.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2018, 07:13:03 pm »

Well, alrighty, then!

Thread will go up soon, and I'll send DM'd links to each "vintage" player. Hope to see you all there!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]