Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The Sadistic Holiday Demon (A Roleplaying Game)  (Read 6248 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Sadistic Holiday Demon (A Roleplaying Game)
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2018, 09:46:14 am »

"Wheres earth I've never heard of it before?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2018, 06:43:18 pm »

Christmas Town
Five Days until Demonic Presence

Before Twilight's question can be answered, a loud bang and a low rumble run through them. The air smells of ash, and black, soot-like snow suddenly comes over them. Turning to the village reveals an explosion in the center of it, sending fire and debris across the area. People are screaming, and you can see...things about the place. [Perception: 9] The threats ailing the village are easily seen by our heroes. On the main fight, one strange creature is shown. It's an abomination with the upper half of burnt, humanoid features wearing no clothes, and the lower half of a clockwork wheel similar to that of a unicycle. On their right hands lies another artificial limb, that being a form of machine gun. As well, there's one larger beast, resembling a grizzly bear with burnt, ashen flesh, and a clockwork prosthesis for it's left foreleg and right hind leg. And finally, two normal infantry carrying swords and pistols are on the scene. They are normal-looking, save for clockwork spider-legs coming from their back.

Spoiler: Current Missions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bestiary Update (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2018, 07:13:20 pm »

"GODDAMIT MERASMUS GET OUT HERE BEFORE I HAUNT YOUR ASS WITH MY FOOT!"
Shoot the bear-thing with rockets!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hotfire90

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2018, 07:24:23 pm »

"It just couldn't be a normal day on the ship for me, could it?"

Shoot the unicycle-creature with my blaster pistol, aiming for the machine gun.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2018, 08:59:15 pm »

Cast Bombarda on the unicycle-creatures unicycle

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2018, 09:27:50 pm »

"I have no Idea whats happening."
Use telekinesis to pick up some random heavy thing and throw it at the guys with swords.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2018, 03:35:46 pm »

(New turn is coming soon. I'm currently dealing with pain in my sciatic nerve.)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2018, 02:52:45 pm »

Apologies for basically letting the game go dark. I genuinely haven't been 100%, though.

Are the four current players still around? I can't update a game without players.

Hotfire90

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2018, 03:27:02 pm »

Still here, anxiously waiting for my chance to murder stuff.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2018, 04:03:12 pm »

Im still in homes.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2018, 05:20:36 pm »

Well, 2/4 ain't bad.

Christmas Town
Five Days until Demonic Presence

The hill shakes with the fury of the explosions as the four heroes slip down to ground level. The Demons are now in front of them, seemingly enraged by the very sight as they break off from the battle in the town to chase them down.

The Soldier is the first to respond. Hefting his Rocket Launcher over his shoulder, he howled out into space "GODDAMIT MERASMUS GET OUT HERE BEFORE I HAUNT YOUR ASS WITH MY FOOT!", before firing at the biggest and ugliest monster out there at the moment: the Ursa. [1 v 2] Unfortunately, dizziness from the recent sleep and the rocked hill affects him, as his just whiffs the Ursa, the rocket heading [2] into another house, luckily not harming any inhabitants as brick and mortar bursts apart in an explosion of fire.

As the Wheeler Ketch cackles and rolls towards the party, Han Solo takes aim with the DL-44. Murmuring "It just couldn't be a normal day on the ship for me, could it?", he aims at the hefty looking 50. cal prosthetic and fires a bolt of plasma at it. [4+2 v 9] But the Wheeler Ketch's titular wheels have some grip and speed on them, preventing the bolt from doing serious damage. It hits the gun, sparks flying out, but it seems to cause more pain to the creature than affect the machine gun. Aiming with the 50. caliber Machine Gun, it doesn't see the mousy brunette near Han twirl her magic wand. [8+1 (Distracted Enemy in Combat)+2 (Natural Boost) v 1] "BOMBARDA!" she shouts, as a quick flash flies from her wand. Immediately, the Wheeler Ketch's wheel explodes, sending the disfigured human flying. It lands against the wall of an intact house, it's neck snapping on impact as it falls dead to the ground.

While all that happens, Twilight Sparkle springs into action. Using her telekinesis, a purple glow surrounds a metal support beam, slowly lifting it into the air. [7+2 v 3] [6+2 v 2] She throws the support beam into the Grunts. One, wielding a katana and Glock 17, can be heard having it's right arm snapped, dropping the blade to the ground. The second, wielding a shortsword and Single Action Army, is hit in the head, and stands on unsteady feet as it's concussed.

The Ursa charges towards it's attack, teeth and claws bared as it rushes towards the Soldier. [2 v 10] But the Soldier may be stupid, but he isn't a fool. He leaps back, Countering the beast's charge with another rocket! [8+2 (Destruction + Counter) v 1] The rocket strikes the creature's hide, and blows it apart, sending blood and gore across the snow. The Ursa has lost it's lower body, and it immediately goes into shock and bleeds out.

The Glock Grunt growls inhumanly and turns to Twilight Sparkle, pointing the barrel of the pistol at her. [10 v 5] The 9mm round is discharged from the gun, striking Twilight through her abdomen as she turns to defend herself. The wound bleeds a little as she gasps and grimaces in pain. Meanwhile, the Revolver Grunt is concussed, and not thinking straight. There's a human in front of him, though. [2-2 (Concussed) v 9] And he just whiffs shooting at the other Grunt, who turns to him with a confused grimace.

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2018, 05:38:28 pm »

Run over to twilight sparkle and use a healing spell on her.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 05:59:39 am by Detoxicated »

Hotfire90

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2018, 05:41:51 pm »

Finish the glock grunt off.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2018, 06:01:08 pm »

I’m still alive too!

”You are all weak! You are all bleeders!”
grunt number 1 needs liberal application of shotgun to their face! Let’s help them with that!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 06:24:07 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2018, 04:10:25 am »

I'm also still around.

"I've been hit, I think I might be dying."
Use telekinesis to grab the single action army out of grunt 2's hand and blow his brains out with it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6