Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 403667 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Last Fire
« Reply #2355 on: October 26, 2019, 06:43:57 am »

(Do I level up too?)
((He said everyone except the new guy. You did actions in teh battle with the roboguy. COme over to discord and roll you a levelup.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: October 26, 2019, 12:23:29 pm »

(Done, my most recent spoiler contains the increased ststs

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: October 27, 2019, 04:59:58 pm »

Finally, ask for access to the nearby ruins where we're supposed to "dispose of" the flame. Clate would probably enjoy a visit too, since he could try to contact the Crystal Overmind there. Probably has a better signal there.[/b]

Indeed so, the wifi signal here is terrible and I don't even have the password. Clate will let Kara do the talking for now and just observe.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2358 on: October 28, 2019, 12:43:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Get back into the bore and rest
Sorry about what happened, I wasn’t aware we weren’t supposed to warn them about the thing that wants to destroy the fabric of the world
Already there, homeslice.

Alright, everyone except new guy can level up.
One lvl-up please mr. piecewise sir.

The trip is 66 spaces, following the path. Someone take care of that in terms of fuel.
Current Bore fuel is 62/100 according to wiki. Can we just assume we refueled along the way and that we'll refuel to full once in Chamel?

Either way, take a look at the portal knives design Leon gave me. What would be required?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Oz rolled one in the discord. I think you leveled like everything but one stat by it. Dunno, I have no access to discord right now.

Yeah thats fine.

The plans he gave you basically only require a knife of any kind in terms of a physical object. From there is a two part spell using physics for a spacial location and summoning for the action. A single location is marked as the endpoint to an incomplete portal  and then the spell is set such that the completion of the portal is triggered via use of the knife in a specific way.  It is quite a simple spell though, judging by the warnings, they often really heavily dump reinforcement into it just to make sure it works over long distances.

Leveled-up, all stats except Nerve.

Rest in my room, then Dive into Jal.

Be honest with ya, I don't have good access to all my stuff, so I'm not even 100% what sphere jal is  let alone the nature of it right now. I could go from what I remember but it might not be exactly what it should be.

((I'll add 400 fathoms to the fund for future upgrades and your personal purchases. Can someone edit the page?))

Same questions as last time, this time I'm hoping we get uncensored answers:

Have they ever heard about such a thing as the warrior before?
Do they have any opinion on if it was telling the truth or if it was just some deceitful supernatural being promising knowledge to trick us? How could it had survived on the surface for so long? Why would it come here now? Why was the messenger sent to intercept it? Why was there a word where the messenger would go before the messenger got there? How could that thing survive the messenger? Generally just be an excited and curious bird that wants to hear a good story.

Finally, ask for access to the nearby ruins where we're supposed to "dispose of" the flame. Clate would probably enjoy a visit too, since he could try to contact the Crystal Overmind there. Probably has a better signal there.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
According to the director, such beings are weapons crafted by the former humans to fight against the being they call the God of Black Flame, among other things. Information on things like it and the nature of the conflict are all very sketchy but it seems as though the warriors are being honest and their stories do not contradict each other (there are or were apparently more like this thing, according to the Ethral records). However, it is important to realize that just because the original humans and their creations viewed the God as an invader does not mean it is true: perhaps they were misguided and are now correct? The Ethral make no claim to know the actual true nature of the God and thus any interpretation of its actions are viewed as subjective opinion.

Still, it is clear that this creature was created by humans (or human like beings) who viewed the God as an enemy. It isn't lying in that regard.

As per questions of how it came to be here or how it survived, the director states that in her opinion it was likely that it was actually captured sometime in the past, perhaps the distant past, and has simply been confined in one place or another. Possibly it was rampaging for hundreds of years before being recaptured and stuck in this new cist. Such information is purely conjecture.

The messenger was probably not sent to "intercept" it so much as the messengers create the groundwork for the catacomb complexes and then the cist is created and used as part of that complex. Its likely the thing was placed in the cist after the creation of area. Likely too the dead ancient creature near the cist was evidence of this.

The problem with that is that the flame you were supposed to take there has been sold to Leon, remember? Unless you're talking specifically only about the one in your lighter. Anyways, your pendant grants you access regardless and the way through is found lower in the archives.  They ask you to surrender your weapons and any dangerous items or substances for your stay though; to protect the specimens.

Finally, ask for access to the nearby ruins where we're supposed to "dispose of" the flame. Clate would probably enjoy a visit too, since he could try to contact the Crystal Overmind there. Probably has a better signal there.[/b]

Indeed so, the wifi signal here is terrible and I don't even have the password. Clate will let Kara do the talking for now and just observe.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
I will say that even here, just closer to the ruins, Clate does feel a greater presence than the ordinary "Something there" that he did before. Now instead of the vague feeling of someone near him, he feels a definite sense of someone watching him all the time. He cannot connect out to it in any meaningful way but its there.

Continue translating.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
[14] Not done yet, but getting closer.

We're still allowed to roll our own levelups, right?  If so, I rolled my own below.  If not, levelup please?

Otherwise, spending two skillpoints to level Murakumo to +2.  Then, since this city seems like a bad place to go wandering around with below average dex, Nyw will go out into the tunnel left by the bore and practice with his rifle.  Specifically, set up specific rocks to aim at, and then take carefully aimed shots at those rocks, one by one.  The idea here is basically farming for crits to level up with; Nyw has 139 shots, so if each is rolled for... well, I don't really expect you to let me do that, but I figure practicing is better than nothing.

Oh, and the two humans can go enjoy the town and the money they earned from helping with the bounty.  Just tell them not to drink alcohol before getting back to the bore, lest they want a magma bath.

I'm not honestly sure if you can level weapon skill like that or if it has to be done via practice and crits. Check the rules for me please, I can't access them.

Alright so...lets see here 139 shots is a bit much. But I don't think maybe...a roll for every 5 rounds is too unreasonable for target practice.

[10,16,6,17,6,17,12,19,6,10,7,9,6,18,12,13,10,10,7,14,5,10,5,7,4,18,2,2]

I think you need 1 in order to level it so no luck it seems. Which is weird because its only a 5% chance and we rolled 28 times. Oh well.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: October 28, 2019, 01:47:43 pm »

Oz rolled one in the discord. I think you leveled like everything but one stat by it. Dunno, I have no access to discord right now.
Knowing that good-for-nothing shit-for-dice and his rolls when it comes to my levelups, I rather doubt that honestly. :p 

Let me check if I can find it

... Are you kidding me.

OZ YOU BASTARD! Son of a low-class promiscuous mother! It's not even an actual dig levelup! What even is a duglevel?! We DigDug now? This is why I told you not to do this thing you just did. Argh!

Welp, guess I level nothing then. 

The plans he gave you basically only require a knife of any kind in terms of a physical object. From there is a two part spell using physics for a spacial location and summoning for the action. A single location is marked as the endpoint to an incomplete portal  and then the spell is set such that the completion of the portal is triggered via use of the knife in a specific way.  It is quite a simple spell though, judging by the warnings, they often really heavily dump reinforcement into it just to make sure it works over long distances.

So it's one spell consisting of two parts, or two separate dives? Also, how much reinforcement are we talking here?

Secondly, what kind of objects could be sacrificed to help with a dive like this?

Thirdly, does the type of knife used make any difference in terms of portal strength of dive reinforcement needed? Or is a fancy ceremonial knife equally useful as a normal pocket knife? What about the material it is made of?

Fourthly, same question for the object the portal will be linked to. For example, would making the end destination be an empty wooden doorframe make it easier (since the edges of the portal would be nicely defined by the frame)?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

((I'll add 400 fathoms to the fund for future upgrades and your personal purchases. Can someone edit the page?))
((Added 400 fathoms to the team fund on the warehouse page.))

Yeah thats fine.
((38 + 66 = 104 fathoms subtracted from the fund.))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 12:51:36 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: October 28, 2019, 02:06:27 pm »

(Do I recover the lost Nerve?))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: October 28, 2019, 02:43:08 pm »

Knowing that good-for-nothing shit-for-dice and his rolls when it comes to my levelups, I rather doubt that honestly. :p 

Let me check if I can find it

... Are you kidding me.

OZ YOU BASTARD! Son of a low-class promiscuous mother! It's not even an actual dig levelup! What even is a duglevel?! We DigDug now? This is why I told you not to do this thing you just did. Argh!

Bu .. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Ahhh........

Thanks for that. That was delightful.

Welp, guess I level nothing then. 
No, you still have your level-up to be rolled, you silly.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: October 28, 2019, 03:36:10 pm »

((My actual lvl-up, courtesy of the best yotta on this side of the forum:

Spoiler: From Discord (click to show/hide)

Edited into previous character spoiler))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2363 on: October 28, 2019, 11:40:53 pm »

The Spheres are a harsh mistresses. Alright, Dive time. I am in a place that seems relatively calm and peaceful, correct?
(Mind Summon)
Yengenze -> Xi, reinforce each 4x, total path rolls: 12 (at advantage, I believe).
Final Cunning Roll, Final Nerve roll.
Goal is to learn the Music Theory of Effects - to understand how my music is causing effects and how to create/alter effects via music.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: October 29, 2019, 05:36:22 am »

Dive: Balarim -> Sige reinforcing both once for 6 dive rolls at advantage, one material roll and one final nerve roll, with the goal of assembling an electrically powered grappling gun using my grappling hook, dynamo, mechanical and electrical parts.
I'm going to try assembling this first, see how my Diving fare's after a long absence. Afterward Ashul I can look for parts. If you want to provide some funding toward the making of your enchanted guitars I'd be grateful, I'm not exactly covered in fathoms.
Spoiler: Ony (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 06:40:41 am by banelord »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: October 29, 2019, 08:59:25 am »

@piecewise
(Do I recover the lost Nerve?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2366 on: October 29, 2019, 03:39:48 pm »

Yeah, it's the lighter, I was assuming we were talking about that. Go give them the lighter, see if they can use it to figure out anything more about it, any way to capture or kill it or anything else they want to do with it. Or just let them have it in exchange for loads of money/knowledge if they need time to look into it. Or maybe a large amount of that heat absorbing rock the Crystal people make their buildings out of so Clate can use it to shield the bore against heat so we can more easily reach the molten heart.

Other than that, just give up weapons/dangerous stuff and go visit the ruins. I bet this visit would make a fine addition to my diary. And maybe I'll get to find out more about the Gemstone People and the location of their superweapon.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: October 30, 2019, 04:23:53 am »

After emptying his rifle for the fourteenth time over the last hour, Nyw reaches down to reload, only to find his ammo pouch empty.  He searches his inventory for several seconds, before eventually coming to the realization that he's used up every single bullet he has.  He looks back up at the wall he'd been using as target practice, completely covered in bullet holes, most of which are far off the target, then sighs slowly.  Perhaps it's for the best.

Yes, leveling weapons skill like that is allowed.  The section about leveling up is a little vauge, but the description of "weapon skill" is not.

Quote from: Leveling Up
Players also gain 1 skill point. Leveling a skill from 0 to +1 costs one skill point. Leveling from +1 to +2 costs two skill points, and from +2 to +3 costs three skill points. Skill points may be saved as long as the player wishes and applied in bulk whenever they level up.

Skills such as Weapon, Defense, and Vehicle skill automatically level up when a player gets a natural 1 on a roll using that weapon, defense, or vehicle. The first level, from 0 to +1 needs a single crit success, the second needs two, and the third needs three.
Quote from: Skills
Weapon Skill: Unique skill connected to each weapon. Levels up automatically through use or can be leveled normally.

Actual action: Get back into the bore, and wander around idly.  Upon stumbling across two three oh god divers beginning to dive, go stand guard near them quietly.  Be ready to punch them unconscious if one explodes, or reality begins to unwind, or some other dangerous sphere fuckery occurs.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: October 30, 2019, 05:13:40 am »

How strong an effect do you want? I could likely develop a larger enchantment piecemeal, but is there anything specific you want related to those spheres? Do you want it to control plants, people, do you want it to make people dance or something else? Also, magical music? Have you encountered something like that already then?

I'm going to try assembling this first, see how my Diving fare's after a long absence. Afterward Ashul I can look for parts. If you want to provide some funding toward the making of your enchanted guitars I'd be grateful, I'm not exactly covered in fathoms.

"I do not want any specific effect, but a stronger effect is generally desirable, as long as it is a controllable one. As for your other question, I do not care to answer. I do not mind paying for or contributing materials in advance, once you have a list of what you plan to use and are prepared to do the task."

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: October 30, 2019, 08:13:32 am »

"I do not want any specific effect, but a stronger effect is generally desirable, as long as it is a controllable one. As for your other question, I do not care to answer. I do not mind paying for or contributing materials in advance, once you have a list of what you plan to use and are prepared to do the task."
Then if I can get this dive to work, I'll write up a suitable list of components. It may include a strong magnet, a lot of coiling and wires, and possibly a built in amp.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 231