Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 403737 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG: The Last Fire
« Reply #2340 on: October 24, 2019, 11:39:24 am »

I’ll head out without making any purchases for now. Head back to the Bore.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)

Done

To Kara:
"Please come and deliver the Apostate Flame to the Deepwalker. I'm sure you'll negotiate better payment terms than I might. Then, I suggest we move on once more. I believe our business here is concluded for the moment."

To Leon:
"I hear that you are preparing for an expedition to the Depths. Good luck on your ventures. mmm. You might want to send some agents to ensure that my companion delivers the flames to you. She's a rather mercenary one, our dear friend."

Accompany Adam back to the Bore via whichever transportation we end up using.

Back to the bore you go.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Walk around town searching for Ashul and Adam
We'll say you find them when they come back to the bore.

Continue translating until we get to Chamel.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
[9]
First book is done.

Last thing I'd like to ask Leon before we leave is if we could get/buy one of those portal contraptions he and his minions used way back when.

After that (I assume, if yes to the portal stuff, we can finalize that on the next turn) say our goodbyes and best wishes and get back to those lovable scamps.   

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
That wasn't him. That was someone else, someone higher up.

As per the portal knives, he explains that those are generally reserved for certain people but that it would be easy enough to replicate via diving. He states that they don't allow portaling around from anywhere to anywhere, and instead that they are linked to a single location as their return point.  The official knives are linked to somewhere in Empyrean, but custom ones could be made to link up to any location or even to link to the current location of a physical object.  He outlines to you the general design of one, including the diving needed, but cannot give or sell you one himself. He does imply that there might be...less than legal sources of them but that in those cases where they lead is gonna be a crap shoot.

And back to the bore.

Hah, that went quite well!  The bounty paid 45, so pay Baxter and Gus 7 fathoms each, then go pay to have the destroyed guard rifle fixed, for 15 fathoms.  Finally, buy ten shotshells for the tunnel clearer, for 6 fathoms.  Rest of the money goes back to the team fund (already done).

Head back to the bore after, and count how many shells the tunnel clearer had left.  They were slugs, right?  Unload those and reload shot into it.

There were three slugs left in the thing.

Otherwise, done.

If the team decides to head into Chamel right after we arrive, present the silver amulet I got from the Ethral to the Head Archivist of the local archive, or whoever is in charge there. Don't go on my own though, I need a buddy so I dont get kidnapped for my juicy crystal bits.

Also, levelup if applicable

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
That's a forward thinking action, perhaps a bit too much so. We will see.

Approach the Bore now that the small crowd has left.
Then Dive: Balarim -> Sige reinforcing both twice for 7? rolls with the goal of assembling an electrically powered grappling gun using my grappling hook, dynamo, mechanical and electrical parts.

"Hello there. I overheard the crowd talking to you back there, and it sounds like you're accomplished adventurers. Mind if I join you?"
I'm just gonna assume you get let on and such because I don't wanna hold up things. On you go.

Alright, everyone except new guy can level up.

The trip is 66 spaces, following the path. Someone take care of that in terms of fuel.

Chamel, like most Ethral cities, is quite a nightmare for those who can't fly. Its buildings are sweeping and elegant, generally smooth and organic in appearance with curving and intricate designwork. Much like Empyrean it hangs from the ceiling of its cave, though unlike the capital of the church this place is interwoven with thin lattices of silver walkways instead of the heavy, solid stone roads of the city of mankind. Nowhere is there a handrail or a safety net and you get the feeling that the clumsy do not live long around here. Giant horizontal windmills spin lazily in the constant convection currents from the magma and Ethral glide about on updrafts, often circumventing the walkways entirely.

Clate, and I assume Kara, Immediately disembark and head for the archive. They ask to see the head archivist and after a good amount of bluster and negotiating -and running through security guards- they eventually burst into her office and show her the amulet. This seems to make her pay attention but she still doesn't know exactly what they're after: The amulet gives them access but thats it. She needs more details.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: October 24, 2019, 01:01:01 pm »

Get back into the bore and rest
Sorry about what happened, I wasn’t aware we weren’t supposed to warn them about the thing that wants to destroy the fabric of the world
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 12:23:03 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: October 24, 2019, 01:37:10 pm »

Alright, everyone except new guy can level up.
One lvl-up please mr. piecewise sir.

The trip is 66 spaces, following the path. Someone take care of that in terms of fuel.
Current Bore fuel is 62/100 according to wiki. Can we just assume we refueled along the way and that we'll refuel to full once in Chamel?

Either way, take a look at the portal knives design Leon gave me. What would be required?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 01:39:09 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2343 on: October 24, 2019, 05:30:47 pm »

Leveled-up, all stats except Nerve.

Rest in my room, then Dive into Jal.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2344 on: October 24, 2019, 05:54:17 pm »

((I'll add 400 fathoms to the fund for future upgrades and your personal purchases. Can someone edit the page?))

Same questions as last time, this time I'm hoping we get uncensored answers:

Have they ever heard about such a thing as the warrior before?
Do they have any opinion on if it was telling the truth or if it was just some deceitful supernatural being promising knowledge to trick us? How could it had survived on the surface for so long? Why would it come here now? Why was the messenger sent to intercept it? Why was there a word where the messenger would go before the messenger got there? How could that thing survive the messenger? Generally just be an excited and curious bird that wants to hear a good story.

Finally, ask for access to the nearby ruins where we're supposed to "dispose of" the flame. Clate would probably enjoy a visit too, since he could try to contact the Crystal Overmind there. Probably has a better signal there.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #2345 on: October 24, 2019, 06:35:57 pm »

Continue translating.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: October 24, 2019, 07:03:11 pm »

Sorry about what happened, I wasn’t aware we weren’t supposed to warn them about the thing that wants to destroy the fabric of the world

"Of course we were allowed to report on the threat. Adam and I had an appointment with a Deepwalker to do just that. I suppose you wouldn't have known about our contact, having joined us so recently. As for talking with these lesser church officials, well, that only seems natural. No one foresaw that Adam's and my recent experiences with the Divine would focus so much attention on us."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: October 24, 2019, 08:21:29 pm »

"Of course we were allowed to report on the threat. Adam and I had an appointment with a Deepwalker to do just that. I suppose you wouldn't have known about our contact, having joined us so recently. As for talking with these lesser church officials, well, that only seems natural. No one foresaw that Adam's and my recent experiences with the Divine would focus so much attention on us."
I thought a historian might know more about what it was, since it claimed to be made in the past

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: October 25, 2019, 03:07:43 am »

Uhh hello, I'm Ony. I just kinda climbed aboard and no one said anything otherwise. You really do seem like you've travelled a lot. I'm looking to get into the business of diving and making arms and gadgets. Is there anything you need currently?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: October 25, 2019, 04:59:21 am »

I thought a historian might know more about what it was, since it claimed to be made in the past

"This thing comes from a time of myth and legendy rather than one of history. I imagine knowledge about such things is a closely guarded secret, for the safety of everyone."

Uhh hello, I'm Ony. I just kinda climbed aboard and no one said anything otherwise. You really do seem like you've travelled a lot. I'm looking to get into the business of diving and making arms and gadgets. Is there anything you need currently?

"Greetings, shrewd Mole. Diving is not a task to take on lightly. It comes with some risk. If you seek to experience this for yourself, I won't stop you. I request a guitar, connected to Telazch, and another, connected to Noth. Additionally, if you were to locate musical arrangements that bring about particular effects, I wold be most interested."

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: October 25, 2019, 05:22:59 am »

"Greetings, shrewd Mole. Diving is not a task to take on lightly. It comes with some risk. If you seek to experience this for yourself, I won't stop you. I request a guitar, connected to Telazch, and another, connected to Noth. Additionally, if you were to locate musical arrangements that bring about particular effects, I wold be most interested."

"I am aware of the dangers of Diving, but I also know keenly of the rewards for such endeavours. What sort of guitar are you wanting, what materials and why those spheres? I can perhaps understand Biology, to induce effects upon others, but Physics? That could be incredibly dangerous."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: October 25, 2019, 05:55:20 am »

"I am aware of the dangers of Diving, but I also know keenly of the rewards for such endeavours. What sort of guitar are you wanting, what materials and why those spheres? I can perhaps understand Biology, to induce effects upon others, but Physics? That could be incredibly dangerous."

"The style of guitar matters not. As for materials, the Noth should be made out of a variety: wood, iron, glass, cloth, copper, skin, gemstones, and so on. The Telazch should, naturally, be made out of organic materials entirely. My reasons for choosing those spheres is my own. If you are not up to the task for one or the other sphere, I'll consider other spheres instead. A guitar attached to Es or Jal could be useful. I'll leave teh materials to your judgment in that case."

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: October 25, 2019, 06:13:09 am »

"The style of guitar matters not. As for materials, the Noth should be made out of a variety: wood, iron, glass, cloth, copper, skin, gemstones, and so on. The Telazch should, naturally, be made out of organic materials entirely. My reasons for choosing those spheres is my own. If you are not up to the task for one or the other sphere, I'll consider other spheres instead. A guitar attached to Es or Jal could be useful. I'll leave teh materials to your judgment in that case."
How strong an effect do you want? I could likely develop a larger enchantment piecemeal, but is there anything specific you want related to those spheres? Do you want it to control plants, people, do you want it to make people dance or something else? Also, magical music? Have you encountered something like that already then?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: October 25, 2019, 03:23:31 pm »

We're still allowed to roll our own levelups, right?  If so, I rolled my own below.  If not, levelup please?

Otherwise, spending two skillpoints to level Murakumo to +2.  Then, since this city seems like a bad place to go wandering around with below average dex, Nyw will go out into the tunnel left by the bore and practice with his rifle.  Specifically, set up specific rocks to aim at, and then take carefully aimed shots at those rocks, one by one.  The idea here is basically farming for crits to level up with; Nyw has 139 shots, so if each is rolled for... well, I don't really expect you to let me do that, but I figure practicing is better than nothing.

Oh, and the two humans can go enjoy the town and the money they earned from helping with the bounty.  Just tell them not to drink alcohol before getting back to the bore, lest they want a magma bath.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: October 25, 2019, 03:38:25 pm »

(Do I level up too?)
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 231