Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Last Argument of Kings OOC-Thread  (Read 6157 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Last Argument of Kings OOC-Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2018, 08:56:23 am »

Yay
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2018, 09:07:13 am »

Sure thing!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2018, 12:48:58 am »

I wonder, can I be a magic hunter or part of a magic hunting group?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2018, 02:07:23 am »

Possible yes, sane? no. The thing is if we turn over the entire kingdom you'd find between 1 and 3 Magic Users, out of which maybe one has any idea what hes doing. If we look throughout the Thousand Kingdoms it would be in the high hundreds with maybe ten or twenty at what would commonly be proper mage level (as in they can regularly cast spell without blowing themselves and everyone around them up) and a single person who would reach something like archmage level.

The vast majority of what you would be hunting is poor old women who sell herbal remedies. And of the Mages most are secretive people of wealth and power, since the necessary things to properly learn magic require books which are hard and expensive to come by. So you would be dealing with angry, Mage-Nobles.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2018, 02:34:08 am »

Well, I probably thought of it from the wrong direction of magic is hard and dangerous.
What if I'm a part of a group that looks for magic books and artifacts and destroy or hide them before someone insane enough try to use them.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2018, 05:38:30 am »

Love to get involved in this game, if you're interested.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2018, 06:44:58 am »

Unfortunately all Duchies are gone, you can start as a Count in the service of another Duke

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2018, 06:49:12 am »

Anything I could be?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2018, 06:50:11 am »

Unfortunately all Duchies are gone, you can start as a Count in the service of another Duke

Cool, if Ardas is alright with it i'd like to be a count in his service. I'll rewrite the bio if so

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2018, 06:50:58 am »

Sounds good, adjust it and we can roll.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2018, 07:35:32 am »

Modified, then.

This good?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2018, 07:36:20 am »

So, are there only three Duchies (of which one the Royal Demesne) in the country? Or are the other Dukes NPCs?

E: Wait, I just noticed that Atian edited his sheet to be a Duke as well. Which would make it four Duchies.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:46:02 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2018, 07:47:50 am »

So, are there only three Duchies (of which one the Royal Demesne) in the country? Or are the other Dukes NPCs?

E: Wait, I just noticed that Atian edited his sheet to be a Duke as well. Which would make it four Duchies.

I believe that the idea is similar to original Elbreth - we start in a small kingdom and try to grow it (not show it).

E: Wexford sounds good - Ghaz, care to pen it into my duchy?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 07:50:12 am by Ardas »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2018, 08:40:46 am »

Three Duchies + the royal demesne.

Atian in case you haven't gotten the green light, you have green light as The Duke of Gynfr, with the caveats mentioned in the pms

As for the count of Wexford, huuh boy, i will have to tear through several things in your app, sorry for that:

First To the East is the Ocean and then a whole lot of nothing, except for some island chains. However Argas is so far north that they certainly won't be getting in any tobacco or silks or others of those goods via a sea route. We can however assume a smaller continent being this far north in the east (to get your grand duchy sorted) but again climate wise its colder and darker and not really bringing in silk and tobacco.

Beyond Eastwards, there is mostly trade northwards especially in grain and other foodstuffs as the kingdoms who dwell farther north have difficulties with Agriculture.

Westwards there is mountains, as well as northwards and all of that is inhabited by the Mountain Tribes, who trade mostly via Risfurt with Argas or raid the countryside further north. But there are no civilized kingdoms (as far as you know) beyond those mountains.

Most trade is indeed in the South, coming up north via the Argr. Selling Southern Goods in Risfurt, staying a few days in Gynsr and then buying up Food in Arg Caeís to sell in the north is rather popular way of doing business.

And despite all of you wanting to be rich traders apparently (what with Arg Caeis being a trade hub, Gynsr being one, Risfurt being one and now Wexford to) Argas is supremely poor. It is a backwater on the arse end of the world. All it shares with the Thousand King and its former glory is the name of High Kingdom of Argas. The original capital isn't even close to were you are but indeed months and months of travel to the south.

The Kingdom isn't particularly large either, if you boat up the Argr from Risfurt to Argas you are through that in four days, probably stopping one or two days in Gynsr in between.

Okay with all of that being said, your app is excellent, but unless you make Wexford a town sitting on the mountain borders next to the Arngar there really isn't any space left for yet another Trade Hub. I mean even Risfurt being the richest place is rather poor and Gynsr being wedged between the capital and Risfurt even more so.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2018, 08:44:33 am »

I think a map is kinda critical at this point, if people want to orientate themselves for any free spots.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9