Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Last Argument of Kings OOC-Thread  (Read 6136 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Last Argument of Kings OOC-Thread
« on: May 26, 2018, 02:20:57 pm »

IC-thread

Discord

Hello and Welcome, some 7 or 8 years back now, Iituem created the First You are King and one of the Forumgames i had the most fun with. You Are King has now existed in some 7 or 8 iterations itself. Each of various successes and longevity.

In any case, this game shall be in just such a vein, however trying to conjure up the Nostalgia of Yore it will start in a pretty much empty universe so to say, for you and me to fill up. While there are certainly rules and regulations around i'll keep them as best as possible to a minimum and as least obstructive as possible to allow for maximum roleplaying.

Anyway, what we need first of all is a Player who wishes to be King. As in the Original, First Come First Served. However, there is a Caveat: You NEED to be an active Player. The King is not only a player himself but also a sort of semi-gm in that he is central to all events in the Game.

Since the Last Argument will be centered around the history and events of one kingdom, that means that the Monarch takes center stage and serves as main player, protagonist, quest giver and driving force of the plot. Thus if you are not prepared to be around for long and to be active, consider another role.

With that being out of the way here is your Sign-Up Sheet as King:

What is your Name?
What is the Name of your Kingdom?
What is the vague terrain around your capital?
What year is it?

Now if you don't want to be king, you can be pretty much any other character in the kingdom within reason.
You can be anything from Hank the Potato Farmer over Wizards (warning Magic will as always, be incredibly dangerous and generally not worth it), Mercenaries, Hedge Knights, Members of the Court to Personal Advisors and Noble Lords. So pretty much anything.

So what do i want to know from you?

Your Name
Your Bio: (Looks, Backstory, Position, basically something about your character)

And thats basically it.
Beyond that there will only be a few relevant rules:
BOLD your Actions
Actions will be resolved by a d100
and yeah everything else becomes clear once the game starts.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:00:45 am by Ghazkull »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Last Argument of Kings OOC-Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 08:05:39 pm »

I’ll volunteer as King! ( Though also willing to be a Duke or something).

Name: Tristan Saleon

Bio: Brash young man, recently ascended to the throne. Desires to RESTORE GLORY to the kingdom, but also to be known as wise and just as the kings of old. Currently unmarried.

Kingdom: The High Kingdom of Argas

Terrain: Based on the title, I’m kind of envisioning the world is entering into a decline, maybe an ice age. But anyways, capital city on the coast at the mouth of a river. Surrounding area is mostly rocky, but has valleys that collect a lot of runoff water and minerals, this being sites of great fertility.

Year: 1192
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Last Argument of Kings OOC-Thread (Needs more Players!)
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 03:53:15 am »

Excellent! Accepted.

I'll set up the IC-Thread and then we can immediately begin.

IC-Thread is set up.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 04:30:46 am by Ghazkull »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 05:11:11 am »

Hmm, hmm. So, can anyone just make up stuff about the kingdom when creating a character, or should we wait for the king to describe the state of the kingdom a bit more?
Long Live United Forenia!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 05:33:39 am »

Ptp
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 05:45:58 am »

I’d say feel free! I’m leaving Tristan pretty moldable by advisors, being mostly concerned with GLORY and appearances as a young man, but he has a good heart. He could grow to be a good king, or maybe people will prefer him to leave ruling to his “wise” advisors.

Also, I’m curious what brought Tristan to the throne so young. What if a brother assassinated the King?
Will need to answer questions:
Who? Maybe Uncle or a servant/mercenary.

How? Poison, magic, or an ancient blade?

Where? A windswept rampart, or in the throne room itself perhaps.

Why? Probably not to assume the throne. I don’t think I’ll answer this one, but maybe there was a lover’s triangle that snapped, or he was part of a cult that desired the death of a King.

As long as this is cool with Ghaz, we could maybe start with Tristan holding trial over his uncle, and new characters could either do their own thing or be witnesses in the “trial”.

(Also love the picture in the IC!)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 08:26:16 am »

If you want to start with that as the plot go right ahead.

@NUKE: if there is blanks to be filled out you can go ahead, but King has first dibs on developing the background of the Kingdom (note the Kingdom not the world at large).

Mostly i'd prefer if you discussed some additions to the world at large with me at first just in case i have already something prepared storywise that would conflict with it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 08:27:52 am by Ghazkull »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 08:43:29 am »

I might join in. Definitely watching.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 09:21:15 am »

Name: Laranth of Yshuis

Bio: Youngish Duke of Yshuis. Constantly worried about the fate of his domain, he is never at ease. He has a distaste for excessive luxury- he eats and drinks in moderation, and dresses in practical clothing. He attends court in Arg Cais often to seek aid for his duchy, be it in the form of famine relief, material aid, or soldiers. Whilst there, he opines on the state of the realm- usually he considers things to be getting worse.

Yshuis: A duchy in the far north of Argas which stretches from where the Ys meets the Argr, to the foothills of the mountains that form Argas's northern border. Most of the population lives in the south, near the Argr, but the capital (the Castle Kouhald) is roughly half way up the Ys. In the north of Yshuis, the lands grow too cold and dark for large-scale agriculture, and many have fled south in recent years. Even the southern half of the duchy has seen crops fail, and farmers switching to less profitable but hardier crops that can better handle the changing weather.
In addition to agricultural concerns, raiders from the mountains often strike into Yshuis's interior in search of food and plunder; Laranth's retinue is in a constant state of alert, ready to ride out to battle with the mountainmen at any time.

This acceptable?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 09:48:05 am »

Perfect. You are in and you can basically immediately start.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2018, 10:02:38 am »

I think I'll leave it to the King to set the scene.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2018, 10:32:19 am »

Let me know if the trial isn’t really interesting or engaging for other players, I figure it might present some opportunities to get involved in either intrigue or court politics, but we can also wrap it up quickly.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2018, 11:41:24 am »

Right, I will be entering the game soon,but just as a preview, I hope that a mercantile-minded character will be appreciated?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2018, 12:57:31 pm »

You say magic is dangerus and not worth it, so can I be a thrill siking mage?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2018, 01:05:22 pm »

Right, I will be entering the game soon,but just as a preview, I hope that a mercantile-minded character will be appreciated?

I believe so! You can be a steward/financial advisor to the King if you wish, or feel free to be independent.

Also looking/hoping for Excellent Men and Women willing to serve King and Kingdom!:
A Champion
A Spymaster
A Court Wizard
Nobility (I’m thinking 3 Dukedoms, of course Nuke and maybe including the King, I don’t have a limit in mind for Counts or Barons )
Childhood Friends? :
)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 01:12:18 pm by chubby2man »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9