Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Last Argument of Kings OOC-Thread  (Read 6151 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Last Argument of Kings OOC-Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2018, 04:07:11 pm »

Changed it up with magic removed.

Spoiler: Lacie (click to show/hide)
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2018, 04:09:54 pm »

Both sound awesome, accepted!

and with that we fill the mage quota as well. Feel free to introduce yourselves in the IC!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2018, 04:14:45 pm »

Eh, Erin isn't really the kind of person to be at a trial.
The only thing I can think of is having him enter the room, completely fail to notice there's a trial going on, and ask the king to come look at his newest contraption.
And I don't really think that's a good idea.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2018, 02:33:11 am »

Your Name: Avaris Lucelle-Varia duAveguine
Your Bio:

Three days without a loaf; that is the price for rebellion
-Father's Advice.

Avaris Lucelle-Varia duAveguine is the current heiress and scion of the the capitol's most grand and honoured baker's company. Formerly known as 'The Scone Royale', it was Avaris' father who came up with the idea of unifying the various independent bakers under one common ownership. Some bakers came easily. They saw the advantage of being together and working under a common authority. They were well rewarded. Others were stubborn. They cited ancient guild law and familial ties, and other anachronisms. Avaris' father simply saw these as relics of the past. Through the writing of contracts, the buying of debts, the use of thuggies and political connections, Avaris' father turned the very laws of the baking world upside down and consolidated all of the profession under one strudel-lined fist. By the time he choked on a baguette, the various bakers and related workers had had enough of duAveguine rule and litigated for the return of the old ways. Always seen as her father's toadie, Avaris' would not allow for her own rule to come to an end so quickly. She harshly crushed those who had risen against her kingdom of yeast and oat, calling in debts, burning homes, financially slaughtering bank accounts, and kidnapping more than a few apprentices. Bloody as the business was, it worked. The bakeries and grain contracts stayed firmly under duAverguine control and since then, Avaris has looked towards the future, of control of the entire kingdom's food supply. After all, even kings needed to eat and the one to control the kitchen, ultimately dictated who would die in a cholesterol-filled heaven, and those who would live a drab but long life of lean meat and wine.

Avaris is 32.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 02:51:32 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2018, 03:32:33 am »

I would laugh, but if someone monopolised grain trade in the capital, now that is serious.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2018, 04:51:11 am »

Yes. That's the idea. Its both comical and serious.She who controls the bread controls the proles controls the royals.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2018, 06:34:25 am »

For such a monopoly to be established, the government would have to be pretty weak. I mean, Marie Antoinette (apocryphally) aside, even the dumbest of royalty knows that feeding the peasants is important- if someone started strongarming their way into a monopoly on bread, they could well expect royal guards to come knocking with a firm request to cut it out.
It's possible that the government is (or was) that weak, I suppose, but I think chubby2man (and/or Ghazkull) should decide that.

And I'm not just saying that cos I expect to be spending a lot of money on food imports.
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2018, 06:47:50 am »

Well yeah, waiting on their approval and all.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2018, 07:00:45 am »

Hmm, I’ve thought about it, and I’d be fine with a monopoly, or you can change it to be largest bakery with government contract.

I don’t think the Royals would care too much about a monopoly being formed as long as prices were kept low. If prices rose though, even in the case of famine, it’d be easy for the Royals to find someone to punish because you’re the game in town. High risk, high reward.

But I leave it up to Ghaz.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2018, 10:14:47 am »

Name: Kerion of Gynfer

Bio: The young Duke of Gynfer. Kerion has grey eyes, black hair and is a bit on the chubby side. He is optimistic and a very authoritative figure. Gynfer Wine is his favorite beverage.

Gynfer: A duchy located near the center of the Argas Kingdom in a huge fertile valley with the Argr river running through the center of it it. Producing an abundance of food and wealth from all the trade that goes through Gynfer from all over the Kingdom. Gynfer Wine produced on the fertile soils of Gynfer are enjoyed and sought after by every noble in the Kingdom. The capital of Gynfer is Gynsr a massive city in the center of the valley on both sides of the Argr river with 3 bridges going over the river connecting the west and east side together. All the wealth has kept Gynsr intact for now.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 06:49:29 pm by Atian the Elephantman God »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2018, 11:46:27 am »

@Micelus: Well having you control all of the bakeries and (i suppose with it millers and farmers) would be a bit too much but i'm willing to give you a monopoly in a single duchy, if you are fien with that go right ahead and start posting.

@Atian: Several Things. First and most importantly I'd like to keep the Mountain Tribes NPC for now, later in the game they may become available but i'd like them to stay vague until the interior of the kingdom has been done and a cultural baseline established. Secondly: To the north are no tribes, while indeed the land is too poor for agriculture it is home indeed to some remaining kingdoms, who are living in a feudal system. Third: what exactly do you want to do with your raider character within the kingdom? I mean a random bandit is one thing, an entire tribe moving down from the mountains to burn down villages and towns an entirely different one, at least in terms of scale and level of threat.
If you want to play an antagonistic character that is perfectly fine by me by the way, but, i would prefer for all antagonists to wait for a while till the kingdom is established proper and things have gotten sorted.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2018, 04:32:54 pm »

Third: what exactly do you want to do with your raider character within the kingdom? I mean a random bandit is one thing, an entire tribe moving down from the mountains to burn down villages and towns an entirely different one, at least in terms of scale and level of threat.

I was thinking of invading the Duchy of Yshuis then forming a Kingdom that encompasses the Mountains and Yshuis and maybe whatever other land we can get our hands on. Havnt really thought it out that much yet.

Ill change my app.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2018, 08:23:34 pm »

@Micelus: Well having you control all of the bakeries and (i suppose with it millers and farmers) would be a bit too much but i'm willing to give you a monopoly in a single duchy, if you are fien with that go right ahead and start posting.

@Atian: Several Things. First and most importantly I'd like to keep the Mountain Tribes NPC for now, later in the game they may become available but i'd like them to stay vague until the interior of the kingdom has been done and a cultural baseline established. Secondly: To the north are no tribes, while indeed the land is too poor for agriculture it is home indeed to some remaining kingdoms, who are living in a feudal system. Third: what exactly do you want to do with your raider character within the kingdom? I mean a random bandit is one thing, an entire tribe moving down from the mountains to burn down villages and towns an entirely different one, at least in terms of scale and level of threat.
If you want to play an antagonistic character that is perfectly fine by me by the way, but, i would prefer for all antagonists to wait for a while till the kingdom is established proper and things have gotten sorted.

Clarification needed: By duchy, I assume you mean I can't have a monopoly of the royal capitol then?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2018, 08:52:36 pm »

Regarding the Treasury question in the IC, are we going to have abstract wealth levels or keep track of coins?

Also, do you have anything in mind for the treasonous uncle, or would you like me to run him?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2018, 08:43:30 am »

You can also have a monopoly of the royal demesne instead micelus

yes i have some plot hooks/lines going on with the treasonous uncle so i would prefer if you left him to me for now ^^
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9