Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 138934 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #1305 on: July 16, 2018, 12:03:32 am »

Hidden Monastery

"Discipline prevails"
- from the words of Neheb, headmaster of Hidden Monastery, master of cobra arts

"Damn these locusts! And undead! And..."
- woes of undisciplined worker

"Quite tasty. If morally ambigous. Care I not."
- insane ramblings of undead master of python arts

Praise Disci for healing Neheb!
8 wood is missing from the resources

1 undead python MMA (meditated) researches Deep Meditation, that should allow to lessen food intake for those meditating
Neheb with Staff of Discipline forcefully kicks sense & discipline into 1 undead python MMA (or stops him permanently if ravenous hunger does not subdue)
1 BMA & 2 cobra d.BMA forage food on K8
1 cobra d.BMA with Fey-Hair Ribbon & 2 cobra d.BMA forage food on K10
1 seagull d.MMA, 1 seagull d.JMA & 1 woodpecker MA forage food on J8
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:09:49 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: July 16, 2018, 12:23:18 am »

Mabel
Make a pest-repelling straw scarecrow hat at K1, J9, and D4. These hats cause pests that are harmful to crops to be repelled from the tile they are in so long as they are worn by anything with a vaguely human-like shape, like a scarecrow.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: July 16, 2018, 12:38:28 am »

Tellus: Keerim, I am intrigued by your idea. Could you go more in depth? More stone should be useful to them, although perhaps we should weather this calamity first.
The locusts and the demon of famine are a great danger to Aglejo. Considering that direct undead assaults to the floating island have not happened so far, I am tempted to ask Stymphalus to deal with her, although it is risky and would make it leave its current post unattended. What is your opinion on this?
It is simple, the artifact would turn anything that touches one end of it into stone. The type of stone could be controlled by touching the active end to stone of the type you want to produce. It would probably have a size or mass limit for what it could affect at once. (could I get a cost estimate for this GM? with sample limits of 100, 1000, and 10000 kilograms.)

If the famine demon gets closer we should send Stymphalus, but right now it is 4 tiles away.

Isn't that an extraordinarily powerful and dangerous weapon? Besides, I am not sure there would be many targets, besides trees I suppose. Other than that, the pnly solid things big enough would be rocks, and Aglejo. Some restrictions may be in order.

Tellus rests

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 16, 2018, 02:25:13 pm »

Tellus: Keerim, I am intrigued by your idea. Could you go more in depth? More stone should be useful to them, although perhaps we should weather this calamity first.
The locusts and the demon of famine are a great danger to Aglejo. Considering that direct undead assaults to the floating island have not happened so far, I am tempted to ask Stymphalus to deal with her, although it is risky and would make it leave its current post unattended. What is your opinion on this?
It is simple, the artifact would turn anything that touches one end of it into stone. The type of stone could be controlled by touching the active end to stone of the type you want to produce. It would probably have a size or mass limit for what it could affect at once. (could I get a cost estimate for this GM? with sample limits of 100, 1000, and 10000 kilograms.)

If the famine demon gets closer we should send Stymphalus, but right now it is 4 tiles away.

Isn't that an extraordinarily powerful and dangerous weapon? Besides, I am not sure there would be many targets, besides trees I suppose. Other than that, the pnly solid things big enough would be rocks, and Aglejo. Some restrictions may be in order.

Tellus rests
Yeah, I thought it would be interesting if it wasn’t just a turn water to stone thing, but it might be be better to just make that.

Keerim rests
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:27:31 pm by DAPARROT »
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: July 16, 2018, 07:25:43 pm »

I'm currently working on doing this turn, but it's taking a very long time.  Must take a break.  Just to let you know.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: July 16, 2018, 09:43:06 pm »

Turn 43 - The Stone Age - Era of Entropy

Noteworthy tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:

Creatures:

Divine Projects:

Other Game Events:
The Keerim faction of the Zebras seems to be obsessed with partying and does nothing else!  Some Zebras drop dead from exhaustion!
The Blarg faction of the Zebras are still under siege by a horde of undead merfolk!  Some Zebras starve!
The Shrine to Mabel generates 1 FP for Mabel.
The Shrine to Amastay generates 1 FP for Amastay.
The Undead Demihuman Colossus moves to I6!
The forest wights at J1 move to K1!
The mountain wraiths at B7 move to B6!
Viliscyx, Skeletal Demoness, Anvil of Famine and Bringer of Locusts, moves to E9!  All vegetation there is consumed!  The presence of Viliscyx is still causing a locust problem throughout the land!
Bubulbus, Bloated Zombie Demon, Hammer of Pestilence and Bringer of Plagues, arises at F2!!  A wave of poxes and plagues sweeps the land!!!
The Bear-Man Colossus Ursaxis and his host of bear-men arise from the dead at I5!!

Godly actions of note:
Blarg spends 5 FP to set tile E10 on fire.  This does not seem to affect the demoness.  Blarg runs over some undead merfolk but it doesn't impact the siege much.
Nagas puts 9 FP into the divine project "Don of the Dead."
For 2 FP, Disci heals Neheb.  Then, for 15 FP, Disci creates Shashame the Scholar at F5.
For 5 FP each, Mabel creates Pest-repelling Straw Scarecrow hats at K1, J9, and D4.

Civilization actions:

Cait Sith
Aeroith destroys the undead worker with a fireball.  Since the undead worker had been observed eating a corpse, this causes some relief, reducing unrest by 10 to 45.
1 disciplined demihuman extramagical writer apprentice uses the Arcanum Botanica to create 3 food.
3 demihuman extramagical workers with crude spears fish at K-1.  They get 8 food.  Locusts still have an effect but the Straw hat reduces the effect some.
2 demihuman extramagical apprentices forage at K-1 with the basket.  They get 1 food.  Apprentices are poor at foraging.  Locusts still have an effect but the Straw hat reduces the effect some.
The philosopher can do nothing but argue.
Another long dead worker returns from the dead and resumes his previous life in the settlement as if nothing happened!  Unrest increases by 15 to 60!
The pox spreads through the settlement like wildfire!  3 workers and 1 apprentice come down with the pox!
Forest wights arrive at your settlement!  They are ghosts that are partly of this realm, and partly of the spirit realm!  "We have come for Aeroith," they say.  "She must come with us, or we will take you all."
3 workers with the pox go on strike!

Delta Dwellers
One master fisherman, one master spear-warrior, and a worker with the fish whistle the spike of protection and a crude spear fish at E7 and get 6 food.  Yield was reduced by famine effects.
2 workers forage wood with 2 crude tools at D7 and get 7 wood.
3 workers reaserch Djinn Restlessness.
A feeling of foreboding increases unrest to 20.
3 workers get the pox!

The Jotun Oligarchy
1 Grand Priest of Amastay using the artifact "Flaming Sword of Purity" and the artifact "The Lens of Amastay" Prays to Amastay at the Giant Temple of Amastay at E3 generating 4 FP for Amastay.  Unrest is reduced by 3 to 52.  The Grand Priest gets (lensbuff 9).
1 Greenthumb worker using 1 crude tool and the artifact "Giant Flint Sickle of Harvesting" and 1 Bountiful Gatherer (BB1) using a crude tool and the Artifact "Bountiful Basket" and 4 workers using 4 crude tools and 1 artifact "Light Lamp"... (4 are BB1) Harvest at the Orchard at E4 and get 25 food.  Yield was reduced by locusts.  Yield loss was mitigated by the tame cobras and the straw hat some.
3 workers using 3 slings... (2 are BB1, 1 is BB1, LB1) Butcher at the ranch at E4 and get 9 food.  ^^ As above.
3 workers using 3 crude tools create 2 wooden carts.
3 workers using 3 crude tools and 1 artifact "Light Lamp"... (1 are BB1) Forage for wood at D3 and get 5 wood.
2 workers using 2 crude tools... (2 are BB1) create 3 crude tools.
2 workers using 1 artifact "Scepter of Purity"... (2 are BB1) Continue research on Leadership and the tech is complete!
1 Food is fed to the Tame Cobras
1 Food is given to the Clan of Little People
4 Food is spent to create a new worker.  Farsky gets 1 FP.  Mabel gets 1 FP.
1 Grand Priest of Amastay generates 3 FP for Amastay.
Sanitation stays at 100.  Unrest is increased by 4 to 56.
The Glowing Pillar reduces unrest by 20 to 36.
Another worker returns from the dead and resumes life as if nothing has happened!  Unrest increases by 15 to 51!
A strange plague sweeps the settlement!  6 workers and 2 workers (ate bloodberries) get the strange plague!
A group of undead Potato Pirates arrive outside your settlement!  They stand there staring morosely at your settlement, creeping people out and increasing unrest by 5 to 56!
3 workers go on strike!

Dipnoi Republic
Though the Python-style master martial-artist was blessed, he was not able to defeat the Undead Demihuman Colossus!  The master python-style martial artist was killed!
The Giant Anaconda is still wild!  It rampages through your settlement!  Nagas gets 5 FP!
The Undead Demihuman Colossus easily punches through the mud barricade and rampages through your settlement!  The settlement is destroyed!  Farsky gets 8 FP!  Mabel gets 5 FP!
A few workers escape and become refugees.  1 priest of Nagas and 3 workers escape with 7 food.  If you wish to continue, you can relocate to a new settlement within 2 tiles of your old settlement.
1 priest of Nagas generates 1 FP for Nagas.

The People
6 workers use 6 wood to upgrade 2 primitive houses into wooden houses at H4.
The grandmaster farmer with a crude tool, 2 workers with crude tools Harvest at H4 and get 6 food.  Yield was reduced by locusts.
Ymar with !*Rehield*! and the Armor of Purity, The trapper with a crude spear, The half-secretary bird with a crude spear Hunt at H4 and get 5 food.  Yield was reduced by locusts.
2 workers with 2 crude spears and 2 boats fish at G4 and get 4 food.  Yield was reduced by famine effects.
2 undead with 2 crude spears hunt at G3 and get 2 food.  Yield was reduced by famine effects.
The presence of undead workers increases your unrest by 5 to 35!
The Glowing Pillar reduces unrest by 20 to 15.
Your population is afflicted with a curious plague!  5 workers get the curious plague!

Aglejo
1 expert farmer and 2 workers farm at B6 using 3 crude tools and get 7 food.  Yield was reduced by locusts.
3 workers forage for food at B6 using 3 crude tools and get 5 food.  Yield was reduced by locusts.
1 worker researches Crop Rotation and the tech is complete!
3 workers research Metal Casting.
Mountain wraiths haunt your settlement.  Unrest is increased by 20 to 30.
Dysentery afflicts your settlement!  4 workers are injured and cannot work next turn!

Hidden Monastery
At the beginning of the turn, Neheb is healed by Disci.
1 undead python MMA is unable to research because of combat.
Neheb with Staff of Discipline forcefully kicks sense & discipline into 1 undead python MMA.
After confronting the undead python-style master about his cannibalism, the dispute erupts into combat.  Finally, the age-old question of which style -- python or cobra -- is superior can be answered!  The entire monastery gathers to watch the fight.  In the end, Neheb is victorious, the undead python master is destroyed, and cobra-style proves to be superior!  Nagas gets 3 FP!  Unrest is reduced by 20 to 25.
1 BMA & 2 cobra d.BMA forage food on K8 and get 6 food.  Yield was reduced by locusts.  Yield loss was mitigated by hat.
1 cobra d.BMA with Fey-Hair Ribbon & 2 cobra d.BMA forage food on K10 and get 3 food.  Yield was reduced by locusts.  Yield loss was mitigated by hat.  Mabel gets 1 FP.
1 seagull d.MMA, 1 seagull d.JMA & 1 woodpecker MA forage food on J8 and get 3 food.  Yield was reduced by locusts.  Yield loss was mitigated by hat.
Another worker returns from the dead.  Unrest is increased by 15 to 40.
The pox runs through the settlement like wildfire!  1 beginner martial artist and 4 disciplined beginner cobra-style martial artists get the pox!

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: July 16, 2018, 09:43:48 pm »

Turn 43 continued

Civilization status:

Godly status:

Techs known to all:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 10:30:36 pm by Zazmio »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: July 16, 2018, 09:50:22 pm »

2 things immediately pop out at me. The lensbuff was the  8) emoticon two turns in a row, so that should be 9 I think.

Also, I feel that a tech should never display at 10/10 incomplete. (Leadership)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 16, 2018, 10:00:51 pm »

I was at 16
I spent 15
I gained 9
I'm now at 20?
I do believe I have twice as much FP as I should have.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 16, 2018, 10:11:19 pm »

DisciOrders tallamon to follow shashamane and discipline him. She orders Shashamane to go to E8 and learn boatmaking from the deltadwellers.

Zap one of the Monastary to become an apprentice of Rocky Fist Style.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:49:43 am by Detoxicated »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 16, 2018, 10:12:49 pm »

REMINDER TO SELF: Check and update action instruction document

Jotun Oligarchy

The Jotun Oligarchy is forced to enter survival mode.

Spoiler: Action Post (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive Tech Effects (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: July 16, 2018, 10:15:03 pm »

The scepter of purity was specifically made to counter plagues (since that's what the seagulls had) so I question why it didn't prevent the plague this time.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: July 16, 2018, 10:15:37 pm »

I was at 16
I spent 15
I gained 9
I'm now at 20?
I do believe I have twice as much FP as I should have.
fixed

2 things immediately pop out at me. The lensbuff was the  8) emoticon two turns in a row, so that should be 9 I think.

Also, I feel that a tech should never display at 10/10 incomplete. (Leadership)
fixed.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 16, 2018, 10:15:46 pm »

The scepter did not work because not all of my workers were on the same tile as it.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 16, 2018, 10:16:25 pm »

The scepter did not work because not all of my workers were on the same tile as it.

ah. Thank you. You should be able to clear it up this turn then.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 119