Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 138875 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #1335 on: July 17, 2018, 11:31:38 am »

Amastay spends 5 fp to create the book of memories for the Dipnoi Remnants. It is a complete history of the dipnoi republic, and the tales within and preservation of their culture will help reduce unrest.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: July 17, 2018, 11:50:39 am »

It should be noted, we don't have that many dead. Can someone please get rid of these locusts?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: July 17, 2018, 11:51:40 am »

"I have to kill these undead faster."
Blarg gets out of the wagon and uses the Nine Iron and the Riot Shield to kill more of the undead merfolk whilst encouraging the Zebras to help with the killing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: July 17, 2018, 12:42:54 pm »

It should be noted, we don't have that many dead. Can someone please get rid of these locusts?
You need to double-check the contents of your tile.
Hidden Monastery

"Discipline always helps."
- Neheb, headmaster of Hidden Monastery, master of cobra arts

"And now we have pox. Great, just... Great."
- cynical journeyman of seagull arts

Pox-affected workers not mentioned to be injured, so they were used for food gathering.
Is it possible to advance Neheb to grandmaster, or some research should be completed first?

Neheb with Staff of Discipline kicks sense & discipline into 1 undead worker (or stops it permanently if it proves unreasonable)
1 BMA & 2 cobra d.BMA forage food on K8
1 cobra d.BMA with Fey-Hair Ribbon, 1 worker & 1 cobra d.BMA forage food on K10
1 seagull d.MMA, 1 seagull d.JMA & 1 woodpecker MA forage food on J8
1 cobra d.BMA (without pox) crafts quaterstaff
So do you

at least Jotun noticed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: July 17, 2018, 01:39:29 pm »

You need to double-check the contents of your tile.
Hidden Monastery

"Discipline always helps."
- Neheb, headmaster of Hidden Monastery, master of cobra arts

"And now we have pox. Great, just... Great."
- cynical journeyman of seagull arts

Pox-affected workers not mentioned to be injured, so they were used for food gathering.
Is it possible to advance Neheb to grandmaster, or some research should be completed first?

Neheb with Staff of Discipline kicks sense & discipline into 1 undead worker (or stops it permanently if it proves unreasonable)
1 BMA & 2 cobra d.BMA forage food on K8
1 cobra d.BMA with Fey-Hair Ribbon, 1 worker & 1 cobra d.BMA forage food on K10
1 seagull d.MMA, 1 seagull d.JMA & 1 woodpecker MA forage food on J8
1 cobra d.BMA (without pox) crafts quaterstaff
So do you

at least Jotun noticed.

Yield was reduced by locusts.  Yield loss was mitigated by hat.

Noticed, but effect seem to be working even if Hat remains at main tile; mayhaps if we take it with one party, locusts might be repelled 100%... But general efficiency of gathering here is 130~250% (100~200% with hat) - which is meh compared to some other civs that use multiplying artifacts - and nearing 60~130% without hat. I'm vary of getting hat out of J9 and losing its (milder?) effect on surroundings.

You do get my thanks for it, but unless GM states it'll still affect all tiles, I'll pass actually using it
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: July 17, 2018, 02:26:10 pm »

Keerim, I intend to do something at least in regards to wraiths and locusts. Rock gathering seems very secondary, with an impending apocalypse and the increased suffering.
I have a few ideas in this regard, 2 of which I can enact on my own, and one which will require additional power.

1)Imbue Stymphalos with a radiant quality to ward off harmful spirits
2)Make the islands resonate in a calming frequency, to mend the souls of both living and dead.

However, with additional FP I would do Phoenix, the radiant sentinel

Phoenix is a companion bird to Stymphalos, made of shining orichalcum, smaller and with a gentler bird. It has no significant physical weapons, but it can flare, producing an holy light to ward spirits, and enough heat to damage small creatures, like locust swarms.

So the question is, do you feel like joining up again next turn?

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: July 17, 2018, 04:14:43 pm »

Sure, I just need to make sure that my zebras stop killing themselves.
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: July 17, 2018, 04:33:55 pm »

I understand the needs of your other followers. We shall take a decision next turn.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: July 17, 2018, 07:02:15 pm »

Huh, you're right Sarrak. I didnt notice those lines in the civ results, my apologies.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: July 18, 2018, 07:35:22 am »

Turn 44 - The Stone Age - Era of Entropy

Noteworthy tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:

Creatures:

Divine Projects:

Other Game Events:
The Keerim faction of the Zebras party on with the help of the Party King.
The Blarg faction of the Zebras are still under siege by a horde of undead merfolk!  They've lost half their number to starvation!  Blarg's efforts without any kind of avatar come to naught!
The Shrine to Mabel generates 1 FP for Mabel.
The Shrine to Amastay generates 1 FP for Amastay.
The forest wights leave this world, taking with them the legendary Magus Aeroith.
The mountain wraiths at B6 haunt the settlement.
The Undead Bear-Man Colossus Ursaxis and the host of undead bear-men devastate tile I5!
Don of the Dead arises at I6!  With much difficulty, he takes control of the Undead Demihuman Colossus at I6!
Tallamon the Hero Trainer moves to E8 to help the Delta Dwellers.
Viliscyx, Skeletal Demoness, Anvil of Famine and Bringer of Locusts, moves to E8!
Bubulbus, Bloated Zombie Demon, Hammer of Pestilence and Bringer of Plagues, moves to E3!
Eyrisces, Undead Demonic Siren, Forge of Despair and Bringer of Insanity, appears at K11!!!  Her unholy scream brings madness and despair!

Godly actions of note:
Disci zaps a Hidden Monastery disciplined beginner cobra-style martial artist with the pox into a beginner rocky fist-style martial artist for 3 FP.
Nagas puts 6 FP into the divine project "Don of the Dead," completing the project!  Then Nagas zaps a Dipnoi worker into a swamp druid for 3 FP.
Keerim creates Sirocco the Party King at G9 for 5 FP!
Amastay creates the Book of Memories at I7 for 5 FP.

Civilization actions:

The Jotun Oligarchy
An unholy shriek brings madness and despair to those weak of spirit!
1 worker (BB1) using the artifact "Lens of Amastay" and the artifact "Scepter of Purity" and 6 workers with strange plague and 2 workers (BB1) with strange plague Pray to Amastay at the Giant Temple of Amastay at E3.  They are interrupted by the arrival of the Bloated Zombie Demon Bubulbus!  4 workers leap to their deaths from the mountaintop, while the remaining five collapse into pustuled mounds of diseased flesh!!  The Scepter of Purity tries to protect the workers, but is overwhelmed by the unholy power of Bubulbus, and is destroyed!  The Holy Mountain of Amastay becomes a Defiled Mountain, and the Giant Temple to Amastay becomes a defiled giant temple!
1 Greenthumb worker using 1 crude tool and the artifact "Giant Flint Sickle of Harvesting" and 1 Bountiful Gatherer (BB1) using a crude tool and the Artifact "Bountiful Basket" and 4 workers using 4 crude tools, 1 artifact "Pest-repelling Straw Scarecrow Hat" and 1 artifact "Light Lamp"... (4 are BB1) Harvest at the Orchard at E4.  The unholy shriek causes 1 worker to collapse into the fetal position, unable to work this turn.  However, the Light Lamp seems to provide some amount of protection from the despair, and the hat repels all vermin from the orchard when used this way.  They get 32 food.
3 workers using 3 slings... (2 are BB1) attempt to Butcher at the ranch at E4.  1 worker collapses in despair and is unable to work!  The remaining workers get 3 food.  Yield was reduced by locusts.
1 Grand Priest of Amastay using a sling and the artifact "Flaming Sword of Purity" and 2 Workers (BB1, LB1) using 2 slings, 1 artifact "Light Lamp" and 1 artifact "The Stone of Grounding" Hunt at D5.  The presence of the Grand Priest has a soothing effect on the workers and they are able to shrug off the effects of the shriek.  They get 7 food.
1 undead worker Researches Undead on tile D5.
1 Food is fed to the Tame Cobras
1 Food is given to the Clan of Little People
1 Grand Priest of Amastay generates 3 FP for Amastay.
The presence of undead in the settlement raises unrest by 5 to 61.
The Glowing Pillar reduces unrest by 20 to 41.
1 Greenthumb worker gets the pox.
Undead Potato Pirates continue to stand there staring at your settlement.

Dipnoi Republic
An unholy shriek brings madness and despair to those weak of spirit!  However, despair is nothing new to the Dipnoi right now.  It has no effect.
The Dipnoi relocate to I7.  They have no houses, but will be immune to unrest for a few turns.
1 priest of Nagas generates 1 FP for Nagas.
Nagas zaps a worker into a swamp druid.
1 worker comes down with the pox.
The pygmies take pity on you and gift you 6 reagents.

Hidden Monastery
Neheb with Staff of Discipline kicks sense & discipline into 1 undead worker.  As before, the undead worker does not listen to reason and is destroyed by Neheb.  Unrest is reduced by 10 to 30.
1 BMA & 2 cobra d.BMA attempt to forage for food on K8.  1 beginner martial artist succumbs to despair and commits suicide!  The 2 disciplined beginner martial artists are able to resist the despair.  They get 4 food.  Yield is reduced by locusts.  Losses mitigated by hat.
1 cobra d.BMA with Fey-Hair Ribbon, 1 worker & 1 cobra d.BMA forage food on K10.  1 worker collapses in despair and can't work.  The other 2 disciplined workers fight through the despair and get 3 food.  Yield is reduced by locusts.  Losses mitigated by hat.  Mabel gets 1 FP.
1 seagull d.MMA, 1 seagull d.JMA & 1 woodpecker MA forage food on J8.  They get 4 food.  Yield is reduced by locusts.  Losses mitigated by hat.
1 cobra d.BMA crafts 1 quaterstaff.
1 disciplined beginner cobra-style martial artist with the pox is transformed into a beginner rocky fist-style martial artist without the pox.
1 disciplined beginner cobra-style martial artist with the pox recovers and is now pox resistant.
2 disciplined beginner cobra-style martial artists die of the pox!
1 worker and 1 disciplined journeyman seagull-style martial artist contract the pox!

Delta Dwellers
Master fisherman and a worker with a crude spear and the fish whistle fish at E8.  The undisciplined worker collapses in despair and is unable to work.  The master fisherman gets 3 food.  Yield is reduced by famine.
2 disciplined workers research Djinn Restlessness and the tech is complete!
Master spear-warrior and 3 workers with the pox with 4 crude tools start to create crude spears.  Instead, they take up arms because the settlement is attacked!
Viliscyx, Skeletal Demoness, Anvil of Famine and Bringer of Locusts attacks the settlement!  Apzu the River Dragon, Tallamon the Hero Trainer, and a master spear warrior and 3 workers come to the settlement's defense.
Viliscyx opened her unholy maw, spewing forth a wave of foul insects!  The mass of insects was so thick, it threatened to drown the defenders; but Apzu destroyed much of it with a freezing breath attack.  Viliscyx swept aside Tallamon and the workers and closed with the dragon with unholy speed.  Demoness and dragon tangled and the earth shook.  The dragon was injured by the razor claws of the demoness, and it looked as if the dragon would lose.  Then the master spear warrior impaled the demoness with the artifact Spike of Protection.  The artifact spear was destroyed, but it caused the wounded demoness to flee back to tile E9!
Tallamon and 2 workers were killed.  The dragon was gravely injured.  The master spear warrior has performed a heroic deed, is now legendary, and can be named!
1 worker dies of the pox!
1 disciplined master fisherman gets the pox!

The People
9 reagents are used to heal 3 workers with the curious plague.
3 workers with 3 crude spears and 3 boats attempt to fish at G5.  1 worker is enfeebled by despair and can't work!  The remaining workers get 5 food.  Yield is reduced by famine.
The grandmaster farmer with a crude tool 2 workers with 2 crude tools attempt to Harvest at H4.  1 worker commits suicide!  1 worker cries in bed and can't work!  The grandmaster farmer gets 3 food.  Yield is reduced by famine.
2 workers with 2 crude tools forage for food at H4 and get 4 food.  Yield is reduced by famine.
Ymar with !*Rehield*! and the Armor of Purity, The trapper with a crude spear, The half-secretary bird with a crude spear attempt to Hunt at H4.  1 trapper curls into a ball and whimpers.  The remainder get 3 food.  Yield is reduced by famine.
3 workers with the curious plague forage for reagents at G3 with 3 crude tools and get 9 reagents.
2 undead workers research Temples.
2 workers with the curious plague pray to Amastay.
The presence of undead in the settlement increases unrest by 10 to 40.
The Glowing Pillar reduces unrest by 20 to 20.
1 worker with curious plague recovers.  1 worker with curious plague succumbs!  That worker finds that it now has a curious desire to wear lipstick and tight cashmere sweaters, which is very strange, considering these things haven't been invented yet!
3 workers get the pox!

Aglejo
3 workers farm at B6 using 3 crude tools.  2 workers are too busy contemplating hanging themselves to work.  1 worker manages to get 2 food.  Yield is reduced by famine.
2 workers forage for food at B6 using 3 crude tools.  1 worker curls into a ball and whimpers.  The other worker gets 2 food.  Yield is reduced by famine.
1 worker prays to Tellus.
4 workers recover from injuries.
2 workers get the pox!

Cait Sith
1 Apprentice with the Pox enters the Fountain of Rebirth.  The apprentice is reborn pox-free.
2 workers pick up spears and fish at J-1. 1 of the workers uses the basket and the Straw Hat.  1 worker is crippled by despair and doesn't work.  The other gets 8 food.
The Writer Apprentice destroys the undead worker with a fireball.  Unrest is reduced by 10 to 50.
1 worker recovers from the pox and is now pox resistant.  2 workers die from the pox!
Aeroith leaves this world with the forest wights!  The wights were only interested in Aeroith and leave the others behind.
1 apprentice and 1 philosopher get the pox!
2 workers go on strike!

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: July 18, 2018, 07:35:46 am »

Turn 44 continued

Civilization status:

Godly status:

Techs known to all:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 07:37:57 am by Zazmio »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: July 18, 2018, 07:51:33 am »

Nvm
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 08:18:52 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: July 18, 2018, 08:02:34 am »

Ok. I think this is enough. Large action post incoming after class.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: July 18, 2018, 09:23:41 am »

"Well everything's pretty much gone to complete shit, everybody's starving and the Nine Iron doesn't do a damn thing, I guess its time to try something extreme."
Blarg spends 4FP to set all the undead merfolk on fire then he runs over any that are left with the wagon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: July 18, 2018, 10:01:42 am »

Question? can I use regents to heal the pox?

Also,a boost to metallurgy would be appreciated. Or at least know how much it costs.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 10:19:25 am by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 119