Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 139199 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #885 on: June 27, 2018, 11:47:22 pm »

Ok. Let's scrap the zap power and just have the thing that makes people stronger.

The swamp of strength only costs 10 fp, and it effects an entire tile passively. I just want to effect a single worker when the artifact is activated, and have the effect cumulative.

The rest of the 25 fp will go to multiplying fp gain from prayer.

Is that better?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 27, 2018, 11:48:06 pm »

Fuck. These. Rats. I did realise I was idiotically dangerous low on food, but risk was around 10~20% (normally 7 food from rainforest). Daaaamn

To all gods who care: Hidden Monastery offers double compensation for food boons that would make such starvation near impossible in the future
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 11:50:56 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 28, 2018, 12:04:31 am »

Keerim creates a flock of quail at J9

Probably not exactly what you wanted, but you're kind of low on food producing tiles, so these should help

also K10 should be a rainforest:
Keerim replaces the wasteland at K10 with a rainforest.  (Somehow I forgot to put this on the map...)
from turn 28

I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 28, 2018, 12:10:22 am »

I wanted to see the fish whistle at work alone now but I want to make sure I have food.

Delta dwellers
1 worker and 1 worker with the fish whistle forage food at E8
1 worker forage food at D8
1 worker reaserch Boat building
1 worker reaserch Call of the sea
Create new worker
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 07:08:32 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: June 28, 2018, 01:13:50 am »

Tellus whispers to the civilizations of the world: From the depths of earth, I heard mortals moving and praying and living on the surface. I emerged from my buried abode to bring you the plentyful riches of the underground realm, if you are willing to develop the art of crafting from them.
I will provide a boon to a civilization at the next turn of the world to prove my powers. I shall hear your wishes and accept your prayers in deciding what boon and where it will be placed.

Tellus gather strength in preparation of next turn (Do nothing)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 28, 2018, 01:15:45 am »

Hidden Monastery

"Masters and disciples! Famine has befallen our martial order! Thanks to sacrifice of python style members and headmaster Neheb, we were able to survive! But for how long? Headmaster is ill and we lost the noble python style who shall be remembered as long as Monastery stands... [...] We stand together against whole world! And we must. Not. Fail!"
-From the rousing speech made by master of seagull arts

"These rats look real tasty"
-Last words of delirious master of python arts

"There is no death, there is discipline"
-Neheb, headmaster of Hidden Monastery, master of cobra arts

1 cobra d.BMA, 1 cobra BMA & 1 seagull d.MMA forage food on K10
1 BMA, 1 woodpecker MA & 1 seagull JMA forage food on I8
Neheb recuperates
[if foragers get 10+ food] Create workers with food left after feeding seven martial artists

((Search for gods willing to grant excess food with our _currebt_ tech is still going. Keerim, thanks... But we can't really hunt birds, unless they are land-moving. Welp. Maybe create some bird monster we could confront and kill for delicious meat?))
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 01:17:24 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 28, 2018, 01:32:15 am »

I guess you could use some mushrooms growing in nearby  caves. Alas, it sounds like an advanced tile, so beyond my current power.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 28, 2018, 01:36:47 am »

Can't you hunt at J10? That's what I made that for. If you need another labour to do so, I can heal Neheb.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 28, 2018, 01:44:49 am »

Can't you hunt at J10? That's what I made that for. If you need another labour to do so, I can heal Neheb.
Ineffective without weapons (I hunted there several times and only killing bears there gave a good haul)  :-\
I should have created some already, but martial arts were so close... Amd I went for them without securing food base first. Now, nothing but stravation can really endanger Monastery... But starvation is ever-present

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: June 28, 2018, 02:14:04 am »

quail should be easy to hunt, they aren't very good at avoiding people. Also, keep in mind that K10 is also a rainforest it just hasn't been updated on the map, so you can also forage there
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 28, 2018, 02:18:46 am »

quail should be easy to hunt, they aren't very good at avoiding people. Also, keep in mind that K10 is also a rainforest it just hasn't been updated on the map, so you can also forage there
I do forage there, thanks for creating it :D

From my turns, it seems rainforests give 1 more food on average compared to savanna

Would try to thin quail numbers next turn!

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 28, 2018, 03:23:53 am »

Alright Cait Sith, I think this achievement deserves a gift. I have two ideas for artifacts to give you: A staff or a circlet(The specifics are a surprise). You can choose either of those artifacts or a second Arcanum of your choice instead.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 03:28:21 am by Oblivion2007 »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 28, 2018, 06:13:46 am »

Btw: Tallamon shoulda helped to discipline a monk....

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 28, 2018, 06:19:42 am »

Btw: Tallamon shoulda helped to discipline a monk....
Well, Tallamon is pretty inefficient in his teachings - he needs an active pupil for them

Also, would you be interested in granting Hidden Monastery long-lasting food-solving boon? As a god of discipline, combined with Neheb feat this turn, Disci is bound to become a top deity of the Monastery, but it is not guaranteed as of yet.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 28, 2018, 06:44:06 am »

Nvm
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 07:04:20 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 119