Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: Steps to War: A grand strategy game where you can settle Antarctica  (Read 17743 times)

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steps to War: A grand strategy game where you can settle Antarctica
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2018, 08:22:44 am »

So all that funding is powering your figures ahead. x12 international infra average.

Edit:
Something I now notice (can't help myself to keep messing around with this still for some unexplained reason...)
Taxes/income:
Dropping all sliders to zero, put them up and down, one by one. None of them make a difference & bring in money, except the Higher rate one. So, the only people with jobs are the middle income guys? Not one lower or "additional rate" job out there or within the capital gains section.  ???
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:30:06 am by Crowe~ »

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2018, 08:31:17 am »

i know what you mean... this "game" is pretty addicting lol, just watching all those numbers run around is quite satisfying. imagine if it was in working condition

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2018, 08:46:22 am »

Does it still let you spend money while you are negative? Upgrading those resources things or training a troop.

Talking of troops.. seems that is changed, again. No live count down in days, but the whole quee is ticking down in the "more info". Looks like can train in parrell maybe.. not only the top of the list how it seemed before.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2018, 09:41:26 am »

Troops disappear when trained. 
My budget is massively in the red.  If you can operate without accumulating interest payments while in debt, then I really choose the wrong option of keeping the IMF loan. 
And it sounds more like a newbie trap rather then anything useful.  Probably not working as intended.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 16, 2018, 02:07:28 pm »

Does it still let you spend money while you are negative? Upgrading those resources things or training a troop.
yeah, i can still spend cash like i did before

also someone mentioned before that the world gdp is rising so someone must be developing - i think its more plausible that more nations have been created, raising the global gdp

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 16, 2018, 04:10:49 pm »

The growth death is starting for some of the more knowledgable nations. By growth death, I mean your population growth starts to explode then once you hit a certain population, it gets set to 0 and becomes stuck there.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 16, 2018, 04:58:49 pm »

The growth death is starting for some of the more knowledgable nations. By growth death, I mean your population growth starts to explode then once you hit a certain population, it gets set to 0 and becomes stuck there.
its better to burn out than to fade away

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 16, 2018, 06:22:05 pm »

Alright, the Holy German Empire is now getting ready to expand the gray blob across Europe under the direction of Heinrich Karling... now to figure out this mess of sliders.

But hey! Once the game actually works we'll have a leg up on the competition. If it starts..

Also does anyone know how the politics works? I have the "ooga booga collective" as a minor party in my senate, so it must be influenced by other players..
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2018, 01:46:31 am »

Not sure, but I did find an option to go on Propaganda missions, using your spies/cells (Intelligence menu).

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2018, 02:13:21 am »

There is propoganda missions from your spies as well as propoganda spending in your budget committee

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2018, 05:48:32 am »

also someone mentioned before that the world gdp is rising so someone must be developing - i think its more plausible that more nations have been created, raising the global gdp

Yup, that was me pondering. I agree, I came to the same thought also in further pondering. The figure is just an average anyway, at a quick glance it looked like it was meant to be a big world GDP trillions number, but its just average in billions with 4 decimal places for some reason...

That said, yesterday, I did manage to get my econonmy to "grow"...! It went from its happy place of 25.5-26Bn and shot up to 28.2-28.5Bn range where it remains today. With some book cooking magic.

Pop growth is tied directly to health care, simple as that. My decline/raising birth/death instantly turned around when I raised health care from 10 to 100%. But for what? Does it even matter. Children are being born, no one is dying anyway. No one is growing up. The population figures for adults and seniors are static for 1 year nearly. So either no one ages and dies or they are in some miraculous sync with children growing to replace adults growing in seniors replacing deaths -- all perfectly  --- ya.  ::).

Economy is not doing anything at all. Tax base is exactly the same (eg. checking tax income with sliders maxed). Exactly to the $1. The infrastruture etc, is that doing anything -- don't look it to me. Resource upgrades? Looks like no difference either those numbers can be up, they can be down in a comparison screenshot,..

In couple of years get those Leaders recruited. Not sure if troops are actually sitting in some hidden area waiting to be put into service or just dissappeared. Looking at the military map screen... and considering the rest of the game... is it likely any of that is functional,..

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2018, 06:10:12 am »

My only guess on military is that they are waiting on leaders...few years off for me.

Upgrading all my stuff and especially my resources...also not seing growth in money...primarily that seemingly fixed security cost that makes any actual gains impossible.

My unemployment is going down a tiny bit and my resource health is going up....but not the money. Either way I am in a massive nosedive to get all my numbers up to see if that bumps anything.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2018, 06:45:23 am »

My unemployment is going down a tiny bit and my resource health is going up....but not the money. Either way I am in a massive nosedive to get all my numbers up to see if that bumps anything.

Is your resource health indicator not just bouncing all over the place?

-84.11, -97.87, -101.8, -89.84, -89.26, -102.94, -94.69 

That is a random period I watched, each number a difference month but not exact timing or anything, with the last number being 5 months ahead of the rest (now). Interesting on the unemployment, mine is stuck at 71.29~ every since the 'crash' from 66% near mid first year, zero change at all. What sort of change have you seen.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 17, 2018, 07:14:57 am »

It seems all numbers are random if you stay on the page and just watch them as they don't actually update. A feature i kind of wish didn't exist because it is just misleading. Maybe if it calculated projections and went in one direction to show a trend it would be great.

That being said I have upgraded my resources 1% (working on a 10% upgrade now) and my resource health went from an average of high -99ish to low 90s

It still bounces a lot (I just checked and it said -99%) but I see lower numbers a lot more often now. I have to wonder if part of the rubberbanding is the general bad state of things....maybe other aspects affect it negatively so every time it gets better it gets drug back down. I speculate this because m production numbers also seem to climb (grain and stuff) and then drop down to some sort of default minimum value.

That or its all completely broken and random and at that point...who the fuck knows. I really wish they gave us some rundown of beta objectives or working and non working parts.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:16:35 am by dennislp3 »

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 17, 2018, 07:37:49 am »

Something I noticed today, with my magic number sheet updated with a few lines of todays data is that decifit is slowly getting worse over a period of yesterday/today. Before it was getting slightly better with reduced corruption costs.

The growth in all the expense budgets is out growing those savings on corruption. Could just be because I was only running 10% across the board in the getting better period, and now im running a couple of 100% sliders so the actual growth in cost is the same but just larger (the increase being inflation related). Or could be because I cranked up the health slider and have pop growing faster and faster.. with those expense numbers relating to overal pop size too,.. hmmm.

As for realtime numbers, yea agree they are bullshit. When I say watched over a period of time, I mean dropped into the game/page write the number down & pop back an hr or so later and do it again. Since those numbers went live I just track whatever is stable one decibal or two into billions.

Edit:
But either way, budget expenses are growing, tax base is static. The only savings to be made seem to be through reduced corruption, which has a limit eventually of course, so down the road, assuming your trying to get a stable budget, how can you meet growing expenses.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:53:05 am by Crowe~ »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20