Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Steps to War: A grand strategy game where you can settle Antarctica  (Read 17720 times)

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steps to War: A grand strategy game where you can settle Antarctica
« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2018, 06:07:04 am »

lol, well, my poverty index is still at 0%. i guess my people are the least poor in the entire world or something, while being 95% unemployed, with a massive 19% and rising birth rate, and 2% and declining death rate. there was an actual point where for some reason my resource production went overgear, and got my resource health as "high" as -85% from -99%, but then it stopped again.

corruption is getting lower and stability is getting higher. all things considered, the only thing thats backward in my nation is the stupid unemployment rate, otherwise, it would be paradise.

while i agree that this game is busted up beyond belief atm, i dont imagine its going to be very hard to make it work. i believe very little effort is required to make the values properly with eachother. what i wish to be improved is the horrible map. i would prefer it would be a globe projection, and that the nation hexes would load better
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 06:08:44 am by Geltor »

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2018, 06:19:38 am »

The picture doesn't help...military shows a plane, security shows a bomb...I was assume maybe its CIA style security services against terrorism and spies...but I don't even have spies

The World Overview, shows the exact same bomb for Terrorist Organisations... is that a clue, or a red herring...  :o

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2018, 06:40:14 am »

lol, well, my poverty index is still at 0%. i guess my people are the least poor in the entire world or something, while being 95% unemployed, with a massive 19% and rising birth rate, and 2% and declining death rate. there was an actual point where for some reason my resource production went overgear, and got my resource health as "high" as -85% from -99%, but then it stopped again.

corruption is getting lower and stability is getting higher. all things considered, the only thing thats backward in my nation is the stupid unemployment rate, otherwise, it would be paradise.

Holy mother -- 19% growth rate, teach me your skills before I die a slow and miserable death.

Did you still have max funding for everything running?

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2018, 06:52:20 am »

- Geodetic benchmarks   

- Global Positioning System   

- Spatial Data Infrastructure

Jesus Christ, how much time did he allocate to creating those things ? Why should i want to manually specify how much of my funding go to that ?

On another hand, i'm sure that in a working state, this game could be very interesting.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2018, 06:54:29 am »

I agree...it seems complex enough for this slow style....I often find web games that go slow like this have way to little depth so the slow speed just hurts them, This one, the slow speed doesn't seem so bad with so much to do and tweak.

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2018, 07:14:49 am »

Holy mother -- 19% growth rate, teach me your skills before I die a slow and miserable death.

yeah, everything is set to max, subcategories are like 0.5% for everything so its more or less balanced

breaking news: i am now actually producing a 4kt surplus of minerals, but it doesnt look like im exporting anything
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:17:45 am by Geltor »

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2018, 07:22:51 am »

yeah, everything is set to max, subcategories are like 0.5% for everything so its more or less balanced

breaking news: i am now actually producing a 4kt surplus of minerals, but it doesnt look like im exporting anything

By to the max you mean you set 100% in the budget committee for everything ?

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2018, 07:24:34 am »

By to the max you mean you set 100% in the budget committee for everything ?
yea, except for taxes which i keep 10% for middle and 20% for high (poor people dont pay anything)

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2018, 07:27:31 am »

And money? You didnt run out yet?

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2018, 07:29:18 am »

And money? You didnt run out yet?
i ran out on day 1 because i repaid the loan and the budget is unbalancable. whos gonna collect my debt anyway? nobody has armies!

with 95% unemployment you collect taxes only from 5% of your population which for me amounts to less than 1/10th of the expenses, even if i set my taxes to 100% and expenses to 0%, because corruption and security will take their toll.

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 16, 2018, 07:41:17 am »

Well, if going absolute brankrupt is the only way to produce for export then...

Must say i was being carefull with those sliders (like 5% at most for infra) but i'll try it your way.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 16, 2018, 07:44:38 am »

Lol. Yea I remember you said you repaid the loan but I thought everyone got to keep the 100Bn anyway due to bug, I assumed you did too & was living off that cash for now. Whats your debt/balance at now?

I was being careful to 5-10% also, I have to assume guess that my birth rate is crap due to low health funding, and all the other numbers in decay too, stability etc due to low funding.

Edit:
Im too frugal to unleash those sliders even for a game that seems totally broken right now  ???
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:48:42 am by Crowe~ »

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 16, 2018, 07:51:19 am »

Lol. Yea I remember you said you repaid the loan but I thought everyone got to keep the 100Bn anyway due to bug, I assumed you did too & was living off that cash for now. Whats your debt/balance at now?

I was being careful to 5-10% also, I have to assume guess that my birth rate is crap due to low health funding, and all the other numbers in decay too, stability etc due to low funding.

Edit:
Im too frugal to unleash those sliders even for a game that seems totally broken right now  ???
actually i think you got it wrong, repaying the loan works fine (you repay the loan without anything else happening) but what the other guys used to do is to deposit cash into the imf which got refunded the next day, all that for voting influence.

im at -40 billion dollars, i think thats almost half the loan, right? the funnier thing is that every tick when the game updates the cash, it removes the negative sign so it looks like i have a positive balance, and it only shows the negative sign whenever you first enter that tab.

honestly my only option option is to either have -4bn debt without any expenses or have -40bn with full expenses. i dont see the difference... at least not yet. the trade off is that im probably the most advanced country in terms of infrastructure/research.

also im not entirely sure how the "debt" works, since all it shows that i have a negative  balance, i dont incur interest or anything like that.

at this point i dont recommend repaying your debt because it might have a correlation with the maxcapped unemployment
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:54:30 am by Geltor »

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 16, 2018, 08:13:16 am »

Out of interest. How are those figures at for you? I got:

0.0284 infra
0.0228 tele
0.0103 Dev

Infra is "above" world averge, Tele seems to be gaining on the average. The Dev.. I dont even know what that is, seems to be falling behind the "average". If those small fractions even matter at this point ever.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:16:19 am by Crowe~ »

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2018, 08:17:07 am »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20