Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86519 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1 Checkered Flag: Lost The Bet
« Reply #255 on: April 27, 2018, 11:09:46 pm »

Did Shakerag just try to kill webadict?

BHK didn't actually send me his abilities like he said he would(or wuba hasn't processed that yet?).

Again, does anyone want to send me their actions temporarily so I can verify them later when you claim?

Rescind extension.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 27, 2018, 11:13:12 pm »

Rescind extend.

BHK didn't actually send me his abilities like he said he would(or wuba hasn't processed that yet?).

Again, does anyone want to send me their actions temporarily so I can verify them later when you claim?

Rescind extension.

Actually, I think I'd be willing to take you up on this. Worth the risk at this point.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #257 on: April 27, 2018, 11:37:40 pm »

Read op and first couple pages and didn't see answer — how does the racing work? Random positions?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 27, 2018, 11:46:46 pm »

Read op and first couple pages and didn't see answer — how does the racing work? Random positions?

Every car has different speeds, and they gain that distance every sub-phase. (So some cars will naturally pull ahead). Everyone has the option to hit a car once per subphase which either slows that car down or damages it. There are abilities that can affect the race, as well.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 28, 2018, 12:20:39 am »

Rescind extension.
Check now.
Now I sleep.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2018, 01:24:49 am »

A surprisingly lot happened while I was asleep. Didn't change my reads a lot, to be honest, except for BHK claiming third party. RGU, Moony and quinnr are still suspicious (but there's something weird with Moony, so I wouldn't be too hasty about him). I'm worried that with 2 players claiming third party and with probably 2 or 3 mafiosi, town is already losing its majority. If it's 3, we're already at lynch-or-thirds-can-kingmake, with 2 it's the same with mislynching. I think there being 2 mafiosi is more likely, though.

Quinnr, why do you think claiming to a claimed third party is worth the risk? Does FoU have any reason to be truthful about it later?

I can confirm, Fallacy nicked my ability since I gave it to him. No quicktopic channel, as he promised, but he definitely has an ability now.
Either one of you is lying or it's processed at the end of the day. More likely the latter, but do say this later if it's not the case.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2018, 06:33:48 am »

Unvote right now, hammers are in effect.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2018, 08:48:08 am »

Unvote. I got an action, probably from BHK.

... there do seem to be a load of ways to gain new actions in this game.

Can confirm BHK has a roleblock plus ability to gain new abilities from it(I don't know what those new abilities are, though).

No confirmation on the super-kill.

Also no confirmation on his alignment.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2018, 09:01:10 am »

I just woke up, thinking day was going to end without anything dumb happening and now BHK might also be a thid and Shakerag tried to kill webadict and died.

Is there anything else I missed? Currently reading all those posts I missed.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2018, 09:07:17 am »

Third* also pfp.

Alright, so BHK probably has a roleblock and an ability to gain more abilities. Seems there are quite some roles with the ability to gain more abilities over time, so it might benefit town to keep those alive so that their roles become stronger against scum. If they are town, of course.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2018, 10:51:20 am »

probably
FoU, the roleblock I gave you, the ability name starts with an E and ends with a T, right?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2018, 10:54:36 am »

Starting fresh. I didn't get any answers in my dreams.

I am rethinking my idea to search the top speed tier for scum. It all depends how seriously you take the idea that they need to win races to be competitive, and it doesn't sound as strong this morning. I have to keep reminding myself that powers don't win mafia (the game), information does. They are already ahead in that department.

The long shots are among those with the least pressure so far. Sheer probability favors the scum being spread throughout the race, so reminder to self: keep looking.

-----

Shakerag: we should have held an intervention.

mightymushroom: you'll have to judge for yourselves.

IcyTea31: subtle. Posts reads I mostly agree with, and understand the differences when I don't.

hector13: good questions, yet focused on FoU and reduced to adding suspects based on "most experience."

Tiruin: mostly, to quote, "blargh." Be well :).

quinnr: being quiet is not bad. Not producing independent leads and following votes after time thinking is unhelpful.

randomgenericusername:
Flip-flopping whether that role is weird, yet within expectations, miller/vig combo or an SK that just needs to find the right target to extend his killing. This morning I'm leaning on the town side. Even if I'm wrong, "Inquisitor" presumably keeps him hunting scum.
Seems there are quite some roles with the ability to gain more abilities over time, so it might benefit town to keep those alive so that their roles become stronger against scum. If they are town, of course.
Including yours, of course?

BlackHeartKabal and FallacyofUrist:
Both make third party claims that stand up to observation. The biggest problem is that they are confirming each other. I had really hoped BHK as town might verify what FoU can deliver. Now he's beholden because FoU is verifying him.

If we're looking for connections this is obviously the strongest around.

Either one of you: can this roleblock be used in the Day?

MoonyTheHuman: seems to be playing his own game, possibly trying to work out the application of very unusual powers.
/picks up a breadcrumb and studies it before gently tasting/

I don't see anything unexpected for him in that vote count yet Moony isn't backing off either.

MTH: Would it be fair to say you are the opposite of a jester?
A jester has a unique reason to vote for themselves. I think Moony is -- opposite of that.

Let me try again:
A jester is someone who wins by being lynched.
A survivor is someone who wins by not being lynched. (One condition, at least.)
"Anyone else" is someone who does not win by being lynched. (If applicable may get victory elsewise.)
What do you call someone who does not win by not being lynched?

This is probably not an accurate description of what you tried/are trying, but are you willing to say whether I'm on the right trail?

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2018, 12:03:55 pm »

I'm not going to give you a yes or no, but i'll happily say that i'm still confused by my powers.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 28, 2018, 02:31:28 pm »

T’be fair to me, MM, I’m currently considering the first lynch of D1 being an inspect the community gets to vote on, so that’s why I was interested in clearing the more experienced players. Should ask webadict how absolute the D1 reset is at some point.

Anyhow, earlier in the game, IcyTea provided a “first impressions” reads list with three scum in it, but recently surmised (probably correctly, imo) that there’s 2 scum in the game. Who do you think is scum now?

BHK: you’ve put yourself in a bit of a pickle here with that survivor claim. While you have FoU’s support just now, he can’t protect you from a lynch if the town decides you’re not being particularly useful. Equally so, FoU is likely being particularly mercenary given his claimed wincon, so he may decide to take a better offer than you’re able to give, meaning you lose that protection and get murderated by scum in the night for being too helpful to town. Further, FoU might just get murdered by the scum anyway, since he has correctly pointed out the town can outbid other factions.

TL;dr Basically you have to be useful enough to the town to validate keeping you around, while not so useful that the scum don’t nightkill you.

What’s your plan to achieve this?

~~~

As an aside, BHK has claimed he will get an unblockable kill if he gets certain actions during the game. Seems a bit of a stretch for a survivor to be striving toward that, does it not? Anyway, what’s to say FoU doesn’t get similar if he gets either the 4 actions he has claimed he needs to win, or a particular combination of actions too? Food for thought.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2018, 02:53:14 pm »

If there are only 2 mafia, then there's a high chance that there is something like a serial killer third. I think 1/5 of town is small for a scum team, so there is the chance that we have 3 scum in this game.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 59