Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86516 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1 Checkered Flag: Lost The Bet
« Reply #270 on: April 28, 2018, 03:25:48 pm »

Anyhow, earlier in the game, IcyTea provided a “first impressions” reads list with three scum in it, but recently surmised (probably correctly, imo) that there’s 2 scum in the game. Who do you think is scum now?
The first impressions included third party scum, not just the probable 2 mafiosi. We didn't know if there's an SK or the like, though it now seems unlikely with two third parties already claimed (if they are true claims).

BHK's claim shakes things up, and I'm not sure if I believe it, but I still find quinnr suspicious, and Moony and RGU confusing. They're almost certainly not all scum, though, and I'll need to reread on them. My read on MM has also upgraded to 'strongly town', even with the hidden race position.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 28, 2018, 03:56:04 pm »

FoU, the roleblock I gave you, the ability name starts with an E and ends with a T, right?
Correctomundo.

BlackHeartKabal: Will you gain your unblockable kill when you get your three K abilities, or do you already have it but can't use it until you gain your three K abilities?

If you already have it, you can verify it's not a mafiakill by passing it to me.
Either one of you: can this roleblock be used in the Day?
It's a night action.

Further, FoU might just get murdered by the scum anyway, since he has correctly pointed out the town can outbid other factions.
There's that. I feel like I should be nice and note that while the town can outbid the scum by acting as a group, a scum player could very well slip into that group and influence where my action goes with their vote on it. You'll need to be careful.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 28, 2018, 04:33:28 pm »

FoU, the roleblock I gave you, the ability name starts with an E and ends with a T, right?
Correctomundo.

BlackHeartKabal: Will you gain your unblockable kill when you get your three K abilities, or do you already have it but can't use it until you gain your three K abilities?

If you already have it, you can verify it's not a mafiakill by passing it to me.
I was told it's not a viable action.
BHK: you’ve put yourself in a bit of a pickle here with that survivor claim. While you have FoU’s support just now, he can’t protect you from a lynch if the town decides you’re not being particularly useful. Equally so, FoU is likely being particularly mercenary given his claimed wincon, so he may decide to take a better offer than you’re able to give, meaning you lose that protection and get murderated by scum in the night for being too helpful to town. Further, FoU might just get murdered by the scum anyway, since he has correctly pointed out the town can outbid other factions.

TL;dr Basically you have to be useful enough to the town to validate keeping you around, while not so useful that the scum don’t nightkill you.

What’s your plan to achieve this?

~~~

As an aside, BHK has claimed he will get an unblockable kill if he gets certain actions during the game. Seems a bit of a stretch for a survivor to be striving toward that, does it not? Anyway, what’s to say FoU doesn’t get similar if he gets either the 4 actions he has claimed he needs to win, or a particular combination of actions too? Food for thought.
Town and scum have more important things to do than kill a survivor. It's a waste of a day or a night, respectively. If we're getting a quicktopic, me and Fallacy can just work out our methods of contribution (including frequency of him protecting me) and present tomorrow.

Side note, has anyone noticed that me and Fallacy seemed to be moving the fastest during this race?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 28, 2018, 04:37:25 pm »

Viable? What does that mean? Does it mean you can't use it currently? Or just that it's immune to being transferred to me?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 28, 2018, 04:47:54 pm »

Viable? What does that mean? Does it mean you can't use it currently? Or just that it's immune to being transferred to me?
As in, the action of transferring it to you is not a viable action to take. That's what I was told. It's probably because I can't use it due to lacking the prerequisites. Or because I already sent you one this phase. Idunno.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 28, 2018, 05:19:32 pm »

Correctomundo.

BHK: you’ve put yourself in a bit of a pickle here with that survivor claim. While you have FoU’s support just now, he can’t protect you from a lynch if the town decides you’re not being particularly useful. Equally so, FoU is likely being particularly mercenary given his claimed wincon, so he may decide to take a better offer than you’re able to give, meaning you lose that protection and get murderated by scum in the night for being too helpful to town. Further, FoU might just get murdered by the scum anyway, since he has correctly pointed out the town can outbid other factions.

TL;dr Basically you have to be useful enough to the town to validate keeping you around, while not so useful that the scum don’t nightkill you.

What’s your plan to achieve this?

~~~

As an aside, BHK has claimed he will get an unblockable kill if he gets certain actions during the game. Seems a bit of a stretch for a survivor to be striving toward that, does it not? Anyway, what’s to say FoU doesn’t get similar if he gets either the 4 actions he has claimed he needs to win, or a particular combination of actions too? Food for thought.
Town and scum have more important things to do than kill a survivor. It's a waste of a day or a night, respectively. If we're getting a quicktopic, me and Fallacy can just work out our methods of contribution (including frequency of him protecting me) and present tomorrow.

Side note, has anyone noticed that me and Fallacy seemed to be moving the fastest during this race?

Town do, sure, but scum basically have to outnumber the other players and not be able to be stopped. I mean, that unblockable kill action is a pretty significant barrier to that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 28, 2018, 06:06:08 pm »

So, what do we do regarding this day time loop? Do we vote FoU? BHK? No one?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 28, 2018, 06:51:55 pm »

So, what do we do regarding this day time loop? Do we vote FoU? BHK? No one?
We've established that it's far better to lynch town or scum than a third party. Nobody is not an option.

I'd suggest selecting a player other than me or BHK and going from there.

We could for example confirm you as town(or mafia if that's what you are).

Or do the same for anyone else.

hector13: does the day still loop if you die?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 28, 2018, 06:56:20 pm »

I'm still immune to day actions because I am removed from the game during the whole day phase, so I dobut this day action will affect me.

Also, I don't really trust this time loop action. There's the chance is a scum trick to lynch town d1 and get the advantage in the game. I would rather not risk myself unless there's no other choice but to.

Also, I already flipped during the morning, so it's kind of a waste sincmy full role is on the day 1 start post. I would prefer that if we're going to use the time loop, don't use it on someone we already know part or all of their role.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2018, 08:01:44 pm »

hector13: does the day still loop if you die?

No idea.

Also, given RGU is more or less a miller, I’m disinclined to have them be the D1-1 lynch, in case that affects their flip as well as an inspect.

Also, as gambits go, this would be a poor one for scum to pull off, since I’d for sure be lynched D2. Maybe if I was a Lyncher and had a specific target, but then I wouldn’t have brought up wanting to lynch town/scum over TPs.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 28, 2018, 10:37:10 pm »

A surprisingly lot happened while I was asleep. Didn't change my reads a lot, to be honest, except for BHK claiming third party. RGU, Moony and quinnr are still suspicious (but there's something weird with Moony, so I wouldn't be too hasty about him). I'm worried that with 2 players claiming third party and with probably 2 or 3 mafiosi, town is already losing its majority. If it's 3, we're already at lynch-or-thirds-can-kingmake, with 2 it's the same with mislynching. I think there being 2 mafiosi is more likely, though.

Quinnr, why do you think claiming to a claimed third party is worth the risk? Does FoU have any reason to be truthful about it later?

BHK didn't actually send me his abilities like he said he would(or wuba hasn't processed that yet?).
I can confirm, Fallacy nicked my ability since I gave it to him. No quicktopic channel, as he promised, but he definitely has an ability now.
Either one of you is lying or it's processed at the end of the day. More likely the latter, but do say this later if it's not the case.

I have a minor ability that is connected to a different ability, and being able to claim it more definitively would be beneficial to the town as a whole. It's a bit weird and I won't say more about it until D2 because it's not relevant till then. But even if my ability were to remain with FoU following the reset it would not have any negative impact on the town as far as I can foresee.

I also agree with hector13 and feel like this isn't a mafia gambit. I could see it being some kind of third party gambit, given the crazy roles, but we already have two seemingly confirmed third parties and I don't think hector13 is likely a third, and it wouldn't make since as a mafia play imo.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 28, 2018, 11:23:27 pm »

I will say that webadict said the reset is not absolute.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2018, 09:07:42 am »

>_> So um, heads up to everyone--I spent my Hit, webbywubs told me stuff about my updated-me-being-hit, and I'm telling y'all this because I'm still under the pall of sickness. Because 6th day tummy bugs is fun :'(

I probably won't be able to contribute anything at all for today other than mentioning 'ok I actively kept my vote on mushrooms because I didn't want a lynch to happen all that early at that time of happening because in contrast to everyone else's notes on each other at that time, it's pretty vague other than the general demeanor of how people asked their queries, to the other people.'

Also oh my goodness Shakerag what is that and why did you think targeting a non-player is better if Town @_@ So many questions that cannot be answered as I presume (like WHAT IF WEBADICT DED). Bluh!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 29, 2018, 11:44:56 am »

IcyTea31: You posted reads. I'd like to know why didn't leave a vote before the scheduled end of day.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 29, 2018, 12:05:49 pm »

IcyTea31: You posted reads. I'd like to know why didn't leave a vote before the scheduled end of day.
I'm not certain enough about my reads to risk a lynch just yet. Beyond that, I have reason to suspect voting-related abilities are in play, based on this:
Vote moonythehuman
Don't worry. I have a reason. I don't want myself hammered if that's what you're thinking.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 59