Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86482 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1 Checkered Flag: Lost The Bet
« Reply #285 on: April 29, 2018, 01:17:02 pm »

Well, I mean, suspicions are all well and good, but you’re not going to figure the game out if you do nothing with ‘em. Why didn’t you ask Moony about it?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 29, 2018, 01:44:28 pm »

Well, I mean, suspicions are all well and good, but you’re not going to figure the game out if you do nothing with ‘em. Why didn’t you ask Moony about it?

Also, why didn't anyone ask Moony about it? Isn't it kind of weird that someone just voted for themselves? At least I didn't notice when it happened.

Moony: Why did you vote for yourself?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 29, 2018, 03:10:16 pm »

I did.
Moony: acting scummy, then self-voting? Jester? Just saying "I have a reason" doesn't exactly convince me of your townishness..
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 29, 2018, 03:25:31 pm »

Well, I mean, suspicions are all well and good, but you’re not going to figure the game out if you do nothing with ‘em.
Says the person who isn't even voting right now.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 29, 2018, 03:32:25 pm »

Bearing in mind I also know the day is going to repeat itself, and people are worrying about that so I’m not really into pushing lynches for the time being. I’m mulling things over quietly.

Does anyone have any people they want to see flip?

I mean you’ve claimed TP and haven’t done anything to help town so far. You’ve made a deal with a claimed non-town player and you’re knowingly holding back information. I’d like to see your flip, just not necessarily waste a lynch on it, and the reset could be used to clear someone instead.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 29, 2018, 03:33:16 pm »

EBWOP

You’re not voting either.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 29, 2018, 03:45:22 pm »

EBWOP

True enough.

I’m mulling things over quietly.
You do that. As long as you put up a case of your own.

I mean you’ve claimed TP and haven’t done anything to help town so far.

I've offered to temporarily take abilities today so I can verify role claims later on. It's not my fault if nobody wants to take me up on that.

You. I'd like to know if the super-good scum hunter is town or the super-good actor is mafia.

Keep in mind I can protect you from night actions for a fee, one payable by you or the other members of the town.

You’ve made a deal with a claimed non-town player and you’re knowingly holding back information.
A claimed non-town, not a claimed anti-town. Also, the deal is for everyone's benefit as I can verify BHK's role information. Would you say it's for town's benefit for everyone to know every part of your role? Of course not. Keeping role secrets early on is reasonable.

hector13, you're an awesome scum hunter. I want to know if you're town.
~~~
I have a minor ability that is connected to a different ability, and being able to claim it more definitively would be beneficial to the town as a whole. It's a bit weird and I won't say more about it until D2 because it's not relevant till then. But even if my ability were to remain with FoU following the reset it would not have any negative impact on the town as far as I can foresee.
If you're going to send it to me, you should do that. I either haven't got it yet or PMs are being weird again.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 29, 2018, 03:53:49 pm »

I just noticed that votes were reset when Shakerag died. So, currently there is only one vote and that's FoU's vote for hector13.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 29, 2018, 04:12:33 pm »

I mean you’ve claimed TP and haven’t done anything to help town so far.

I've offered to temporarily take abilities today so I can verify role claims later on. It's not my fault if nobody wants to take me up on that.

How do you know it’s temporary?

Or are you returning actions to players out of the goodness of you’re own heart? :p

You. I'd like to know if the super-good scum hunter is town or the super-good actor is mafia.

Keep in mind I can protect you from night actions for a fee, one payable by you or the other members of the town.

I’m also keeping in mind you are inclined toward unorthodox play, and you are already holding back information from the town. I know you haven’t told us everything we need to know about you.

You’ve made a deal with a claimed non-town player and you’re knowingly holding back information.
A claimed non-town, not a claimed anti-town. Also, the deal is for everyone's benefit as I can verify BHK's role information. Would you say it's for town's benefit for everyone to know every part of your role? Of course not. Keeping role secrets early on is reasonable.

We can’t trust you though, since we know your claimed ultimate goal doesn’t align with town’s, nor does BHK’s.

hector13, you're an awesome scum hunter. I want to know if you're town.

It amuses me you’re vastly overconfident in my ability, and suddenly seem to be very interested in the town’s interest :p

Do you know if the day will repeat if I die? ‘cause I don’t, and, on a personal level, don’t particularly want to be deaded on D1 of my first game of mafia in months!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 29, 2018, 05:10:51 pm »

How do you know it’s temporary?

Or are you returning actions to players out of the goodness of you’re own heart? :p
I'm assuming that the reset will handle that. Could be wrong.

I’m also keeping in mind you are inclined toward unorthodox play, and you are already holding back information from the town. I know you haven’t told us everything we need to know about you.
Yes I'm holding back information about my role, just like you're holding back information about your role, and everyone else is holding back information on their role. Like I said earlier, if you want me to spill my secrets, you'll need to pay for them.

We can’t trust you though, since we know your claimed ultimate goal doesn’t align with town’s, nor does BHK’s.
There's a difference between being neutral and being anti-town. Me getting four actions does not prevent the town from winning, and BHK surviving doesn't prevent the town from winning(assuming he's telling the truth about his win condition).

It amuses me you’re vastly overconfident in my ability, and suddenly seem to be very interested in the town’s interest :p
I'm trying to have fun(and make myself more useful to the town and less likely to be lynched as a result). And I do really believe you're that good. Even if you don't seem to be scum hunting for some reason. What if... you're mafia?

Do you know if the day will repeat if I die? ‘cause I don’t, and, on a personal level, don’t particularly want to be deaded on D1 of my first game of mafia in months!
I'd suggest asking web. Of course, we'd have no way of knowing if you're telling the truth or not(about that question).

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 29, 2018, 07:33:51 pm »

I really don't think it's a good idea to hammer Hector; even if there were any suspicions there's no reason it can't wait until after the time loop shenanigans. It's way too risky to rush the time loop not happening.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #296 on: April 29, 2018, 08:56:59 pm »

IcyTea31: You posted reads. I'd like to know why didn't leave a vote before the scheduled end of day.
I'm not certain enough about my reads to risk a lynch just yet. Beyond that, I have reason to suspect voting-related abilities are in play, based on this:
Vote moonythehuman
Don't worry. I have a reason. I don't want myself hammered if that's what you're thinking.
I'll confirm. I was holding off on mentioning this, but if it helps town, I will: I have a voting based ability, when i vote someone it *removes* one from their vote count. My votes are a big fat -1.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #297 on: April 29, 2018, 09:06:53 pm »

Also, this leads into another topic i've had on my mind: What if someone has a voting based ability that forces a hammer?
I.e. they can force the person of their choosing to be lynched/hammered under certain conditions.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 29, 2018, 10:18:02 pm »

I'm inclined to believe the time loop will happen so longer as hector is alive to do it (i.e. not lynched); it's not impossible to be a lie but I only see one two long shot scenarios where he comes out ahead that way. I also think the rest of us ought to be wary of giving hector mental credit for "saving" a townie with an auto and judge him more by overall behavior.

I'm not entirely satisfied with IcyTea's explanation for skipping the vote, as it seems to me that the possibility of a time loop makes voting on hunches safer than usual. It's a thin argument if it were a true lynch but marks him out from the other unknowns in my mind.

Moony, forcing a lynch against the vote tally is one thing. Forcing a hammer, which is supposed to stop everyone from posting, is another. Are you suggesting a vote changing power that also shortens the day?

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #299 on: April 29, 2018, 10:33:24 pm »

I'm inclined to believe the time loop will happen so longer as hector is alive to do it (i.e. not lynched); it's not impossible to be a lie but I only see one two long shot scenarios where he comes out ahead that way. I also think the rest of us ought to be wary of giving hector mental credit for "saving" a townie with an auto and judge him more by overall behavior.

I'm not entirely satisfied with IcyTea's explanation for skipping the vote, as it seems to me that the possibility of a time loop makes voting on hunches safer than usual. It's a thin argument if it were a true lynch but marks him out from the other unknowns in my mind.

Moony, forcing a lynch against the vote tally is one thing. Forcing a hammer, which is supposed to stop everyone from posting, is another. Are you suggesting a vote changing power that also shortens the day?
Nope. that's just me misusing terms. Sorry.
Forcing a lynch is what i mean.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 59