Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Spamduchies! (5/5 Dukes) (4/15+ Minor Characters)  (Read 9108 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Spamduchies! (5/5 Dukes) (4/13+ Minor Characters)
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2018, 04:50:33 pm »

PTW. Might claim an NPC in the forseeable future.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2018, 05:12:23 pm »

Ptwing dis

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2018, 05:33:13 pm »

So, counts can act soon, once all the cards are discarded or am I forgetting/missing something? Just asking.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2018, 05:34:19 pm »

So, counts can act once all the cards are discarded or?

Counts will act after cards are discarded, buildings hit, and events triggered by discarded cards are resolved.

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2018, 06:11:27 pm »

So, counts can act once all the cards are discarded or?

Counts will act after cards are discarded, buildings hit, and events triggered by discarded cards are resolved.
Same for all minor characters, right? For now I just sit tight and enjoy the attention being lavished on me from all sides? Also, RE:My Blessing, just wanted to know if I can give that out at will (with an appropriate IC reason of course), or if it's a die based thing.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2018, 06:41:37 pm »

Count Kristov will use a caravan to move the material from his castle to the unfinished camp.

I will discard my Black Joker.

Duchy of Strognar
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2018, 06:56:54 pm »

Same for all minor characters, right? For now I just sit tight and enjoy the attention being lavished on me from all sides? Also, RE:My Blessing, just wanted to know if I can give that out at will (with an appropriate IC reason of course), or if it's a die based thing.

Yup. Thats when all minor characters act. And you can give your blessing out at will, but they can keep working the Kobold masses to create pressure and force consequences upon you for saying no.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2018, 12:07:28 am »

Duchy of Oboson

Don't think there's much I can do reaction wise. Unless sending a letter to the Masked Kobold would count as a reaction.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2018, 02:17:52 pm »

Bump?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2018, 03:04:28 pm »

Discard:
9-o-Diamonds
Queen-o-Spades
7-o-Clubs

Duchy of Talis

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2018, 04:33:16 pm »

Shalesbury Islands
I don't really think I can do anything. I'm also not sure if I need to put my magic talent in the list there. On a side note- earthbending, yeah!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 03:15:44 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2018, 04:48:48 pm »

Yeah. Just call Geomancy Trait 3.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2018, 06:39:53 pm »

So...Are we waiting on anyone else now or just the GM? Also, consider this a bump...sorry for doing this I just really am interested in this game.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2018, 05:01:48 pm »

(Sorry. GM got slammed with Homework)

Oh noes! There was a rebellion in the Halfpipe Duchy! The Duke and his Counts have been overthrown! All five cards dealt to that Duchy are going to the discard this year!

Discard Pile:
8-o-Spades
4-o-Clubs
7-o-Clubs
Queen-o-Spades
Black Joker
9-o-Diamonds
7-o-Spades
6-o-Clubs
Jack-o-Spades
5-o-Hearts
Jack-o-Clubs

Year 2 - Fallout Phase:

The fallout phase is when fate, the NPCs, and vassals with time remaining on their hands may have their fun. Dukes do not act during the fallout phase; Their only means of managing these proceedings is to control what goes into the discard pile, and manipulate the players who are controlling minor characters.

The Fallout Phase is split into three parts, which occur in the following order: Industrial Fallout → Fate Fallout → Character Fallout

Industrial Fallout -

During Industrial Fallout, constructions that produce resources may hit. A construction hits if any card within its hit range exists in the discard pile during Industrial Fallout. A construction gains one resource in an empty storage slot when it hits. A non-castle construction that hits while its storage capacity is full trades in all Material, Food, Might, and Chemical units it is holding to bank a random mystery card as wealth, and then gains the new resource in a newly freed up storage slot. A castle that hits while its storage capacity is full may do the same OR transfer the created resource to the inventory of its lord.

Buildings that Hit This Year:
All the starting quarries hit! Everybody store a unit of Materials at their quarry!
The Iron Fortress in the Shalesbury Islands Hits! Chose and store a unit of Food, Chemicals, Might, or Material!
Castle Talis in The Duchy of Talis Hits!
Castle upon the Vale in the Duchy of Oboson Hits! Chose and store a unit of Food, Chemicals, Might, or Material! Maximum Spin may chose and store a unit of Food, Chemicals, Might, or Material!
Hightop Manor in the Duchy of Oboson Hits! Chose and store a unit of Food, Chemicals, Might, or Material!
Granite Fortress in the Duchy of Strognar Hits! Chose and store a unit of Food, Chemicals, Might, or Material!
Mane Manor in the Duchy of Strognar Hits! Chose and store a unit of Food, Chemicals, Might, or Material!

Fate Fallout -

During Fate Fallout, particular cards and combinations of cards trigger specific events to occur. Events occur in the following order, and each card in the discard pile may only be used to trigger a single event.

Fertility Moon: (The king and queen of a single suit) Every Count and/or Duke who’s defining card share the same suit as the marriage, may gain a ‘youthful heir’ resource in an empty storage slot in their castle. Not this year!

Arrivals: (Two cards of different suits but the same value) A new neutral NPC character is spawned. A-10 spawns a wandering NPC. Kings, Queens, and/or Jacks spawn an NPC with a castle. The two Jacks create an NPC with a castle! The two 7s create a wandering NPC!

Departures: (Any single card that matches the card representing a Wandering NPC) The NPC represented by the departure card leaves the game under circumstances decided by the GM. No departures this year...

Positive Global Event: (Any single queen) Each duchy makes a luck roll. A global event occurs that directly benefits all duchies that pass. If there is also a Joker in the discard pile, this event becomes more intense, and magical in nature. The Queen-o-Spades creates a Positive Global Event, and the discarded Joker amplifies it!

Negative Global Event: (Any single king) Each duchy makes a luck roll. A global event occurs that directly harms all duchies that fail. If there is also a Joker in the discard pile, this event becomes more intense, and magical in nature. Not this year...

Global Quest: (Any single jack) Some great challenge or quest is posed to the Kingdom! The first duchy to complete it in time will receive a reward! If there is also a Joker in the discard pile, this event becomes more intense, and magical in nature. The Jacks have already been used to trigger an arival, and thus cannot trigger a Global Quest!

Arrivals:

Quote from: Defining Cards
Wandering Arrival = Ace-o-Clubs, 6-o-Spades (Multi-talented Trait 1), King-o-Spades (Multi-talented Trait 2)
Landed Arrival = 10-o-Spades

The Wandering adventurer Radical McTwist has arrived in the Kingdom! A lowborn treasury adviser to the recently disposed Duke Florence, Radical managed to secure some of his master's valuables in the chaos of rebelion, which he promptly sold off to obtain a degree of wealth. He now travels the Kingdom, looking for a worthy master or cause!

The Pirate Queen Wellfleet has surfaced! This feared sea-dog has managed to find and capture one of the King's military fortresses, which she is now using as a base of operations. Look out! This 'queen' is aggressive and unpredictable!

Global Event: Dawn of the Gold Dragon!

The benevolent Gold Dragon Fragwon, friend and mentor to the late King Badassus (father of King Awesomus), has heard of Bestland's plight, and has returned to see if any of the remaining Dukes are worthy of his help in restoring order!

Quote from: Luck Rolls
Duchy of Strongnar - 6 - Critical Success
Shalesbury Islands - 2 - Fail
Duchy of Oboson - 2 - Fail
Duchy of Talis - 2 - Fail

After some deliberation the dragon concludes that Duke Samuel Strognar is the only human in the realm worthy of his aid, and thus decides to go all in on assisting the Duchy of Strognar. He offers to preform individual favors for the Duke and one of his loyal counts!

Pavellius, Choose one of the following boons for Duke Strognar, and another for a count of your choosing! You may not choose the same boon for both characters!

Dragon's Hoard - Add two units of Random Wealth to the chosen character's castle storage!
Flatten Land - Select two cells on the map adjacent to the chosen character's castle; The chosen cells become legal build sites.
Gift of Riding Wyrvens - Fill all the selected character's empty inventory slots with units of might.
Draconic Intercourse - Add a 'Magical Heir' resource to the chosen character's castle storage!
Tome of Alchemy - The chosen character gains the Alchemist trait!
Tome of Leadership - The chosen character gains the Commander trait!
Tome of The Land - The chosen character gains the Land Manager trait!
Tome of The Driver - The chosen character gains the Foreman trait!

Character Fallout -

Character fallout is when all the minor characters get to act on their own accord based on the cards in the discard pile. NPCs do not act on the same year they join the game. Particularly Motivated NPCs act First!

Quote from: Rebel Leader Puck
7-o-Spades to Raid the Strongnar Camp Construction Site for 7 Months!
Military Travel Rolls = 6, 3, 4 (0 Negative Events, 1 Positive Event)
Raid Construction Site = 6 (Critical Success)
Positive Random Event (Wilds) = King-o-Clubs
Positive Random Event (Hostile Location) = Seven-o-Diamonds

The Kobold Puck ventures forward, intent on raiding the Duke of Strognar's unguarded construction site!

While leading his soldiers through the dense foliage towards their destination, the The Evil Sorceress Maudiven appears before Puck in the form of a female Kobold. They spend the night together in Puck's tent, but Maudiven departs at dawn, leaving her new lover with nothing but memories and a strange Amulet made from a shrunken human skull, which she claims makes Puck the Kobold Chosen one!

Puck is now the Kobold Chosen One! He can no longer be removed from the game by departure fate fallout! When in combat with humans, he takes a +2 to his first Combat Dice! If he successfully leads his forces against the the forces of humanity six times, a new Kobold Age will be ushered in! If this happens, the game will end, and all Kobold characters not aligned with any human Duchy will be declared the winners!

Inspired by this encounter, Puck attacks the construction camp by night, killing the workers and carrying away the quarried stone! During the skirmish, Puck recives a superficial wound that leaves a scar in the shape of a dagger. Just before dawn, new stars appear in the sky, forming a constellation in the exact shape of Kobold Rebel's new scar!

+1 Material to Puck's Inventory
-1 Material from the Strognar Camp Construction Site
Puck must now lead his forces against Humanity 5 more times to Usher in the Kobold Age!

NPC Affairs

---

Next the Minor Characters controlled by players get to go! You may preform any action phase action treating the entire discard pile as your hand! Characters loyal to a Duke can act for however many months their Duke left them free to do as they will! Wandering minor characters not tied to a Duchy may act for eight months max. Landed minor characters (IE those possessing a castle) may act for a full 12 months.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 05:19:24 pm by Weirdsound »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2018, 05:14:08 pm »

Castle Talis in The Duchy of Talis Hits! Maximum Spin may chose and store a unit of Food, Chemicals, Might, or Material!
Castle upon the Vale in the Duchy of Oboson Hits! Chose and store a unit of Food, Chemicals, Might, or Material!
I assume you meant those to be the other way around. :P
Count Ryan Oboson will of course store food for the people.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8