Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Spamduchies! (5/5 Dukes) (4/15+ Minor Characters)  (Read 9106 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Spamduchies! (5/5 Dukes) (3/13+ Minor Characters)
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2018, 09:08:08 pm »

I'll take Jacktooth. A glorious new Kobold Utopia is dawning!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2018, 09:10:46 pm »

I'll take Jacktooth. A glorious new Kobold Utopia is dawning!
Awesome! We may be small, but we are many!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2018, 10:10:08 pm »

Jacktooth, Hero of the Revolution! Foresees a glorious future where well-fed kobolds sit proudly at the feasting table of the world, rather than scurrying under it! Probably also scurrying under it, there are a lot of us.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2018, 10:56:48 pm »

Jacktooth, Hero of the Revolution! Foresees a glorious future where well-fed kobolds sit proudly at the feasting table of the world, rather than scurrying under it! Probably also scurrying under it, there are a lot of us.

Ur in.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Spamduchies! (5/5 Dukes) (4/13+ Minor Characters)
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2018, 05:01:45 pm »

Thanks for waiting on me.

Shalesbury Islands

Arnold P. Drauningshire spends a Queen-o-Clubs to extract material from the Shalesbury Quarry.
Mary L. Astname spends a Jack-o-Diamonds to explore & survey the areas in [this] direction.
Reginald Salyss spends a 4-o-Hearts trying to convince the Kobolds to not attack for the forseeable future, and spends an 8-o-Diamonds to explore to the Northeast.
The 8-o-Spades is discarded.

Shalesbury Islands
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 02:39:34 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2018, 05:18:19 pm »

Just ATH's actions and the next turn is go or did he already resolve everything?
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2018, 06:47:50 pm »

Reginald Salyss spend a 4-o-Hearts trying to convince the Kobolds to not attack for the forseeable future.
So, is this the kind of thing where RP matters? Or does him spending a sufficiently large heart just completely buy me off? I'm wondering if I should be thinking of terms, or if my character's response to his overtures will be dictated by cards/die.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2018, 07:21:28 pm »

Reginald Salyss spend a 4-o-Hearts trying to convince the Kobolds to not attack for the forseeable future.
So, is this the kind of thing where RP matters? Or does him spending a sufficiently large heart just completely buy me off? I'm wondering if I should be thinking of terms, or if my character's response to his overtures will be dictated by cards/die.

Your hands won't get too badly tied without RP. Worst comes to worst, you'll take penalities on some actions due to unenthusiastic rebel mooks.

Thanks for waiting on me.

Shalesbury Islands

Arnold P. Drauningshire spends an 8-o-Spades to build a Camp at KL,15.
Mary L. Astname spends an 8-o-Diamonds to build a Guild at KL,17.

Shalesbury Islands

You can't just build things out of the blue. You need to discover a proper site through exploration, plan construction during the Providence Phase, and move the correct amount of building material to the site first.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2018, 02:21:43 pm »

..Ah. Sorry, I just thought that the area around our castles would already be explored, since everything I wanted to set up would be next to my area. Anyhow, before I edit my old post to make more sense in that case, here's my general argument for why the Kobolds shouldn't fight us.

Avanti!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2018, 03:21:44 pm »

Are we close to moving on? (Also I just realized Half-pipe never got changed back to grey from being yellow, whoops, my bad).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:28:37 pm by Roboson »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2018, 04:36:30 pm »

Are we close to moving on? (Also I just realized Half-pipe never got changed back to grey from being yellow, whoops, my bad).

Yeah. Everything is good on you guy's end. I'm starting the update now, but I have to leave for work in an hour and a half, so don't expect it today.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2018, 06:14:12 pm »

....Bump?
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2018, 03:54:42 am »

....Bump?

Turn should be up within 24 hours. Have been busy with life stuff.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2018, 04:33:59 pm »

Map:

Year 2 - Action Phase

Shalesbury Islands

Quote from: Arnold P. Drauningshire
Work Quarry = 5 + 1 (Time Bonus)
Positive Random Event (Friendly Location) = King-o-Diamonds

...Duke Drauningshire spends his entire year organizing labor at the quarry, slowly and carefully extracting enough stone to count as a single unit of Material.

...During the late summer, Duke Drauningshire has a vivid dream, in which a mighty stone figure appears before him and introduces itself as Klunp, the Dwarven God of Alchemy and Stout Labor. The God offers to teach the enterprising duke his arts, and so Arnold spends what feels like years studdying and praticing the arcane manipulation of earth and minerals. This dream re-occurs every night for the rest of the year, at which point The Duke is a skilled Geomancer in even the waking world!

+1 Material added to Arnold P. Drauningshire's inventory
+Arnold P. Drauningshire has gained the Geomancer Magical Talent!
Arnold P. Drauningshire may now treat a joker as the Ace-o-Clubs when extracting resources at a Quarry. Arnold P. Drauningshire may now shuffle a joker back into the deck to preform any freeform action related to earth magic for any legal amount of time. Arnold P. Drauningshire may now shuffle any diamond back into the deck to try to transmute a unit of chemicals into a unit of material or vice-versa.

Quote from: Mary L. Astname spends a Jack-o-Diamonds
Explore for 11 Months = 3, 2, 1, 1, 2 (0 Discoveries, 2 Negative Random Events)
Negative Random Event (Wilds) = 5-o-Clubs
Negative Random Event (Wilds) = 4-o-Hearts

...Countess Astname sets off to explore for 11 months!

...In the mid summer, the adventure party of Countess Astname is set upon by Kobold Brigands seeking material with which to build yet another camp. Mary is smart enough not to reveal her identity to the trouble makers, and after the Kobolds are satisfied that she has no building stone with her, they allow her to pass unmolested.

...In the late autumn, the ground gives way beneath Countess Astname, causing her to fall a great distance and injure her leg!

+Mary L. Astname has suffered a leg injury and now travels slower! Until she successfully recovers from her injuries with an action, she suffers -2 to all rolls made to conduct travel-heavy actions!

Quote from: Reginald Salyss
Kobold Diplomacy = 5 - 1 (Hostile Target)
Explore for 8 Months = 3, 4, 6, 5 (2 Discoveries, 0 Negative Random Events)
Discovery = 3-o-Hearts
Discovery = 9-o-Spades

...Count Salyss sets out to deliver his Duke's message to the Kobolds. The intellectual appeal to peace goes over surprisingly well. Surely the Masked Kobold will now face some issues marshaling the local Kobold population to arms!

...Count Salyss sets out to explore the Northeast!

...In the late fall, at the coordinates WX-4, Count Salyss discovers some quiet hills upon which it would be possible to build something!

...In the mid winter, at the coordinates OP-7, Count Salyss discovers some cliffs upon which construction would be possible. The locals in this area speak of a potentially dangerous colony of moody drugar nearby. Only time and effort will tell if these deep dwarves will prove to be a boon or a bane to your efforts!

+The Masked Kobold is now suffering a Social Debuff! Until he clears this debuff with an action, he will suffer -1 to his rolls made to extract might from Kobold Camps and/or conduct military action against targets belonging to The Shalesburry Islands!

Duchy of Talis

Quote from: Duchess Sybille Emanchild
No Rolls Required

...The Duchess arranges for Material to be transported from her castle to the village construction site without incident!

Quote from: Unnamed Count of Diamondbluff
Explore for 10 Months = 6, 5, 4 + 1 (Explorer), 5, 2 (5 Discoveries, 0 Negative Random Events)
Discovery = 8-o-Diamonds
Discovery = King-o-Clubs
Discovery = 10-o-Hearts
Discovery = King-o-Diamonds

...The Count sets out to explore!

...In the early spring, at the coordinates M-26, The Count discovers some cliffs suitable to build upon! Coal and other interesting minerals can be found here, so surely educated guildsmen would love to set up shop in the area! Any guild planned at this location will require only one Material to build!

...In the late spring, at the coordinates P-28, The Count discovers some hills which might easily be the future home of one of his Duchess's construction projects! The locals speak of a primitive giant tribe that lives in the area, which is generally peaceful unless one disturbs the elephants they keep.

...In the early summer, at the coordinates R-25, The Count discovers a suitable building site nestled in with some truly impressive ancient trees. What other secrets might this old growth forest be hiding?

...In the middle of autumn, at the coordinates S-32, The Count discovers some wide open plains that would be ideal to build upon. The locals in this area report that a wealthy population of nomadic goat herders lives nearby.

Duchy of Strognar

Quote from: Count Kristov
Pratice Fencing for 2 Months = 4

...Count Kristov spends a couple months partaking in Fencing drills each morning. By the time it is finished, he feels inspired!

+Count Kristov is now enjoying an inspiration buff! The next time he engages in combat to which neither side brings any might, he will take a +2 bonus to his combat roll!

Quote from: Countess Monica
Kobold Diplomacy = 2 - 1 (Hostile Target)
Explore for 2 Months = 2 (0 Discoveries, 0 Negative Random Events)

...Countess Monica attempts to negoiate an alliance with the Kobolds. Unfortunately her efforts only manage to anger the tiny bastards further! Kobold warriors, intent on purging the wicked Strognar Duchy from the land, flock to the cause of Rebel Leader Puck!

...Countess Monica sets off to explore!

...But fails to find anything of interest in the two months allotted to her.

+1 Might to Rebel Leader Puck's Inventory!

Quote from: Duke Samuel Strognar
Babymaking! = 1
Negative Random Event (Home) = 10-o-Diamonds

...Duke Strognar spends most of the year at home with his wife, trying to have a baby!

...Sadly the Duchess miscarries!

Duchy of Oboson

Quote from: Duke Robert Oboson
Work Quarry = 3 + 1 (Time Bonus)
Organize Joust/Festival = 4 + 1 (Administrator) - 1 (Time Penalty)

...Duke Oboson spends much of his year year organizing labor at the quarry, slowly and carefully extracting enough stone to count as a single unit of Material.

...Duke Oboson then proceeds to organize and host a jousting tournament, getting to know some of the finest warriors in the land along the way.

+1 Material added to Duke Oboson's inventory!

+Duke Oboson is now enjoying an inspiration buff!
The next time he attempts to extract resources from a camp, he will take a +2 on his roll to do so!

Quote from: Ryan Oboson
Convert Kobold Camp = 3 + 2 (Commander working at Camp) - 1 (Time Penalty)

...Count Ryan Oboson ventures forth to the Kobold Camp located near the Shalesbury Islands, intent on incorporating them into the Duchy! His long meeting with the Kobolds is eventually productive, and eventually a path towards gaining the trust of the camp emerges! Most of the Kobolds at the camp are followers of The Masked Kobold, and as such you must first gain the enigmatic rebel's blessing if you wish to control his forces. A handful of those living at the camp however, are loyal to Jacktooth, the Kobold Rebel who is most vehemently opposed to Oboson bloodline; He must be destroyed before the camp can be yours. Lastly, the Kobolds need to know that you are committed to their well being, so you must fill up the camp's inventory either by donating resources directly, or ensuring cards that allow the camp to hit are discarded!

+Duchywide Quest: Kobold Politics
Gain the Blessing of The Masked Kobold - 0/1
Eliminate Jacktooth - 0/1
Fill the Might Slots of the Kobold Camp - 1/3
Fill the Storage Slots of the Kobold Camp - 0/2

Quote from: Regina Oboson
Explore for 7 Months = 5, 3, 6, 6 (3 Discoveries, 0 Negative Random Events)
Discovery = Jack-o-Diamonds
Discovery = King-o-Clubs
Discovery = Ace-o-Clubs

...Regina Oboson sets out to explore!

...In the early spring, at the coordinates KK-13, Regina Oboson discovers some hills which are suitable for building upon. Locals speak of elfish ruins nearby. Are you brave or foolhardy enough plunder them?

...In the late spring, at the coordinates NN-14, Regina Oboson discovers some plains which can be built upon. Locals speak of a giant clan that lives in the area; They raise dire zebras for meat and skins and are peaceful unless disturbed.

...In the mid summer, at the coordinates QQ-17, Regina Oboson re-discovers The Screaming Inversion, a one hundred story tower built upside-down into the earth itself! The bottom floor is said to house a portal to hell, guarded by The Ageless Mummy, a loyal minion of the The Evil Sorceress Maudiven. There is room to build nearby... if you dare.

Year 2 - Reaction Phase

Three events happen during the reaction phase. First, characters have the chance to react to the events of the action phase. Second, dukes have the chance to bank cards in their hand as wealth. Third, all remaining cards held by dukes are discarded.

Reactions -

Banking Wealth -

Discard -

---

Post any Reaction Phase Actions you wish to preform, as well as your Duchy Spoilers updated to reflect any new resources, buffs, debuffs, injuries, and/or traits gained during the Action Phase! Once that is done, we will proceed to the Fallout Phase!

NPC Affairs

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2018, 04:36:18 pm »

Also, note that I changed how the Explorer Trait works. Exploration rolls a d6 for every two months spent at it, and yields a discovery for each 5 or 6 rolled, and a negitive event for each 1 rolled. The Explorer Trait now pushes the first Exploration roll of 1 each year up to 2, and the first exploration roll of 4 each year up to 5.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8