Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Spamduchies! (5/5 Dukes) (4/15+ Minor Characters)  (Read 9122 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spamduchies! (5/5 Dukes) (3/13+ Minor Characters)
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2018, 07:18:24 pm »

Swift to act, the Duchy of Oboson, lords and ladies of the hills, the veadar of the vale, and masters of all things mountainous, began this year with action befitting of their eccentric family lineage.

Count Ryan of Oboson was sent forth post haste towards the kobold encampment! The Oboson's have a long a colorful family history, and fraternization with the "lesser races" has long be a family tradition. Monsters, magic, and mysterious beings unlike ourselves have interested the mountain lords for generations, and this would be exception to that rule. Ryan, the most benevolent of the knighted Obosons would venture forth to the Kobold camp to broker peace with the kobolds and attempt to incorporate them into the dominion of the Oboson line through peaceful diplomacy and cooperation. Ace of Hearts.

Duke Robert of Oboson would shortly begin managing the quarries directly in order to increase production of resources. The duchy of Oboson has long tilled the earth and mined the rocks of these lands, and under the watchful eye of the mountain duke, the workers would bring forth bountiful materials. 10-o-Clubs. This left him two months to organize and host a festival tournament of various military skills. 4-o-Spades (2/4 months)

This left Regina to be in charge of exploration. She had always been a wanderer and explorer at heart. Which is likely why she was so adept at breaking sieges. Not even an invading army could keep that countess indoors! For 7 months she was tasked with coming to understand the new area we found ourselves in 7-o-Diamonds. This of course left her plenty of free time to do with as she saw fit.

Spoiler: Short Version (click to show/hide)

Discard: 4-o-Clubs

Duchy of Oboson
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 07:36:07 pm by Roboson »

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2018, 08:01:06 pm »

From left to right, my castles are Pinehall Keep, Granite Fortress, Mane Manor.
Also from left to right, my construction sites are Camp, Village.

Black Joker: Discarded

2-o-Spades: Count Kristov practices fencing.

6-o-Hearts: Countess Monica tries to forge an alliance with the kobolds.
2-o-Diamonds: Countess Monica explores North East.

Jack-o-Hearts: Duke Strognar tries to produce an heir.

Duchy of Strognar
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 08:23:10 pm by Pavellius »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2018, 08:40:20 pm »

Weirdsound, you created all this system from scratch?

(I am beginning to understand the system, I think I will join a small character next year in game)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2018, 09:14:55 pm »

@everybody: Its unlikely to happen this turn, but you will eventually have means to use or avoid discarding cards during the reaction phase, so lets not get in the habit of saying we discard our unused cards during the action phase.

Weirdsound, you created all this system from scratch?

(I am beginning to understand the system, I think I will join a small character next year in game)

Pretty much. Got about 11 single spaced pages worth of rules and a dozen or so spreadsheets on my drive. I was working overnight security a few weeks ago, was bored, had no internet, so I popped open a blank google doc and started writing rules.

Its loosely based on something Milamah did a few years back called When Gods Play, and even more loosely based on Haspen's stuff. (or D6 rtd stuff in general)

Thank you for the example. I am now writing my turn. However, I'm not sure which construction site is my camp, and which is my village. Also, what zones on the map are already explored?

You can pick. Nothing is explored yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spamduchies! (5/5 Dukes) (0/13+ Minor Characters)
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2018, 07:08:29 pm »

Actions
4-o-Diamonds used to Transport material form Stahlheim Keep to Village Construction Site.
10-o-Diamonds is used to assign the count of Diamondbluff to exploring the region.

Discard:
9-o-Diamonds
Queen-o-Spades
7-o-Clubs

Duchy of Talis
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2018, 11:23:50 pm »

So Nuke is dropping out of this. Anybody want his duchy?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2018, 11:31:47 pm »

His duchy still have the same names and stuff or can it be renamed and all that? If so, you are probably stuck with it for a while.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2018, 12:37:07 am »

Yeah. The replacement can change Duke, Count, Castle, and Location names if they wish. If nobody claims the opening soon, I'll just find a way to write the whole Duchy out and go on with four.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2018, 12:42:18 am »

If I can still have my minor character, I'll take it.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2018, 01:01:50 am »

If I can still have my minor character, I'll take it.

Nah. Gotta pick one or the other.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2018, 01:45:04 am »

Figured as much. If I didn't take Monica, I would have gladly taken the opportunity, but I kinda like what I am planning with my current countess.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2018, 01:46:04 am »

I am interested. Though the sentiment of rebellion and instability I would ask my rise to power be of overthrowing the old duchy.

If possible I declare myself Duchess Ivanka The Usurper and my flag fly with their colors. Soon to be changed within the coming years to fit my glorious rule.

Would that be acceptable?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2018, 02:04:23 am »

I am interested. Though the sentiment of rebellion and instability I would ask my rise to power be of overthrowing the old duchy.

If possible I declare myself Duchess Ivanka The Usurper and my flag fly with their colors. Soon to be changed within the coming years to fit my glorious rule.

Would that be acceptable?

Sure, just quote Nuke's Duchy spoiler, change the names as you see fit, and make your move. Talk to Roboson if you want to actually change your duchy color; He actually does the map.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2018, 04:40:27 pm »

Excuse me for this, but I'm not really going to be able to work on my post until tomorrow evening, but I'll be sure to post then. Still trying to get used to the rules of the game, and I'm currently busy, at the moment.

Avanti!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2018, 04:54:33 pm »

Excuse me for this, but I'm not really going to be able to work on my post until tomorrow evening, but I'll be sure to post then. Still trying to get used to the rules of the game, and I'm currently busy, at the moment.

Alright. Thanks for letting us know. I was actually just about to PM you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8