Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Tribal - A dynastic group survival game : Year 1 Winter  (Read 6894 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Tribal - A dynastic group survival game
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2018, 01:00:59 pm »

Maximum has the right of it. Assuming nothing goes wrong a Tribal will live to 80 seasons, but with no medical knowledge, and the risk of accidents and diseases, you'll be lucky to get that far.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2018, 01:09:56 pm »

Erm, the point I was trying to make was that people would usually die due to diseases, famine, war, and so on and I presumed the only lived 20 years thing was a part of that, since as I stated, lucky to live that long and I didn't know that things like diseases where actually going to be modeled in this game. Still, I presume we will be able to extend that very high on the tech tree, since people are actually working on curing old age now days.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2018, 01:15:35 pm »

Kashyyk, can one pair of Tribals have more than a single batch of offspring per season?
How will inter-dynasty marriages work? Will either males or females go to the other player or wot? Or maybe there aren't marriages per-se but pairings for breeding time?
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2018, 01:27:31 pm »

Kashyyk, can one pair of Tribals have more than a single batch of offspring per season? Procreating multiple times just increases the chances of "getting pregnant", although there is a low chance of twins in an egg (I don't care how inaccurate that may be)
How will inter-dynasty marriages work? Will either males or females go to the other player or wot? Or maybe there aren't marriages per-se but pairings for breeding time? Unless specified otherwise, two individuals will merely procreate and the mother will keep the eggs.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2018, 01:40:18 pm »

although there is a low chance of twins in an egg (I don't care how inaccurate that may be)
It's perfectly possible, though rare. That's actually what double-yolked eggs become if fertilised! The rarity is less a matter of the frequency of double-yolked eggs itself than the very high mortality rate because eggs are not designed to handle this.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2018, 04:47:00 pm »

@Glass: Currently, I'll be having Seth and Amelia both assist each other in planting your fields, as otherwise you would have no fields planted and various people would wast AP. Whilst helping each other is perfectly fine, I'd appreciate if people explicitly chose to decline/accept the help offered by others to avoid me having to guess this stuff.

I've written almost all the turn now, I'm just waiting on some clarification from Glass and an an action list from AbstractTraitorHero.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2018, 05:35:37 pm »

@Glass: Currently, I'll be having Seth and Amelia both assist each other in planting your fields, as otherwise you would have no fields planted and various people would wast AP. Whilst helping each other is perfectly fine, I'd appreciate if people explicitly chose to decline/accept the help offered by others to avoid me having to guess this stuff.

I've written almost all the turn now, I'm just waiting on some clarification from Glass and an an action list from AbstractTraitorHero.
Alright, fair enough. I'll edit the post.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2018, 09:26:23 pm »

A pool of blood dripping onto the stones of the rocky area around them. Hilly and jagged it was no surprise when Reynauld and Julia lost their mother to a spout of bad luck not uncommon to their family.

The grief was palatable as they came back to the tribal hut. Silence reigned quietly and not a word was spoken. The tribe was lesser someone who had been hours before.

As such? Reynauld took charge. Cold dark and brooding brown eyes and short brown hair with muscular tone and tanned skin marked the boy. He had much growing up to do and Julia his childhood friend? His...sister with her flowing black locks reminiscent of their father and the blue eyes of their mother?

Was a looker and also admittedly one of the few people he felt understood him and that he felt connected to among the tribe. For a moment a depraved thought crossed their mind. Mind churning and twisting and then they were silent.

Before giving a gruff sound and gesturing for Julia to work on the planting of crops. Reynauld himself?Something was unwell and he moved out of the hut to the corpse of his mother. Silently staring he examines her.

He is quiet. He begins crafting a way to keep her with him bone is rather permanent is it not?

Reynauld 6Ap

Julia 8Ap
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:56:12 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2018, 05:08:48 am »

I'm enjoying the RP, but could you also include explicit allocation of AP? I'd rather not infer the wrong thing.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2018, 06:22:22 pm »

Bump?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2018, 07:13:47 pm »

Year 1, Summer
The tribe strikes the earth, tilling the ground and planting seeds for this Autumn's harvest. They fill their spare time with various other pursuits, be it exploring, crafting or growing their family.

Heyna Murkblood is the first to produce a Trinket. Each one is unique, and could be a small family totem, a simple toy or a primitive instrument. regardless, a Tribal who owns one loses :) 1 than they otherwise would. Not to be out done, Reynauld Darkest also produces a Trinket.

A number of the Tribe to push the boundaries of what they know, seeking new, better ways to live their lives. Construction, farming and weapons were but a few of the topics to be explored.

Speaking of Exploring, Gerali Reverio ventured into the wilderness and discovers a plot of Basic Land. It can be farmed, but will yield less than is currently owned. It's most valuable quality is that it is a cleared and safe for whatever needs the Reverio family have. Meanwhile, Eri Ito trekked in the opposite direction, perhaps she chose the wrong heading, for all she discovered was a plot of Poor Land. It is useless for farming, or much of anything else. Except perhaps to build on...

Between working their fields, Nora and Boris Greenstone spend some quality time together, and are proud to declare that they have successfully produced an Egg. Their announcement is quickly followed by Lar and Tara Rezi, as well as Marinus and Octavia Skoda. The tribe must prepare themselves for sleepless nights and tiring days, because it looks like no one will be sleeping well come Autumn. Seth and Amelia Chron keep silent however, the success of so many others putting their failure in sharp relief.

It is now Summer. Your crops are growing, and do not require further attention until harvest time. Tending crops is an optional Task that ensures the well-being of your fields in case of poor weather, and will somewhat protect against a poor harvest. You may be feeling lucky however, and may choose to devote your time to other things.

Spoiler: Available Tasks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chron (Glass) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Murkblood (Roboson) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greenstone (Pavellius) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rezi (Strongpoint) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ito (piratejoe) (click to show/hide)

I did not notice that Abstract had edited his post, thanks for bring my attention to it Pavellius.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2018, 07:40:51 pm »

Seth spends 1 AP tending his own fields, 5 for the Murkblood's fields, and 2 having kids with Madelyne, while Amelia spends 6 on exploration and 2 having kids with Gerali. Each then spends 2 on tending their crops.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:31:59 pm by Glass »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2018, 07:46:56 pm »

The Nefernefertems each spend 3AP procreating, 5AP continuing the research, and 2AP tending their crops.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2018, 07:55:55 pm »

Gerali spends six action points on exploring, two on procreation with Madelyne, and than two on procreation with Amelia from the Chron family

Madelyne shall spent six action points on creating a trinket, two with procreation with Gerali, and than two with continuing the research on Wooden Weapons. (or 2 with Seth, if Glass prefers)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2018, 08:04:19 pm »

Both confirmed for you, SC.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8