Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Tribal - A dynastic group survival game : Year 1 Winter  (Read 6877 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Tribal - A dynastic group survival game
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2018, 01:17:58 pm »

Will Julia do anything else except rest this season?

Not particularly. Their is little she can or is interested in doing.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2018, 01:46:13 pm »

@Pavellius: Buckets should be fine. Due to my research topics being more generic (and as I don't want to track individual buckets), I'm going to convert that to "Hand Irrigation".

Assuming no one has any last minute changes of heart, I'll post the turn up soon.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2018, 08:04:09 pm »

Assuming no one has any last minute changes of heart, I'll post the turn up soon.
Sorry to be impatient, but how is the update going?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2018, 08:00:10 am »

Good! I appreciate the poking, it encourages me to actually finish things :P

Year 1, Autumn
As the leaves turn golden, the first year's crop is now ready to harvest. The weather was reasonably mild, with some sun and not too many heavy rains. Overall, it will be an Adequate Harvest this year, and fields will yield as expected.

The tribe makes the most of the pleasant weather, some enjoying quality alone time. Both Seth Chron and Gerali Reverio court Madelyne Reverio, who successfully produces an egg. It is not clear who the father is, but as mother she keeps the egg herself. Padikhnum and Ankhesenbastet Nefernefertem also produce an egg, as does Boris & Nora Greenstone and Marinus & Octavia Skoda. However, Gerali Reveria & Amelia Chron, Robun &Eri Ito nor Lar &Tara Rezi are as successful.

Amelia Chron strikes out into the Wilderness, and comes across a River. The crystal clear water flows steadily, and she spotted plenty of fish in its depths. Whilst she has no idea how to catch them yet, they could prove to be a good food source. Boris Greenstone also sets out, he is too late to the River claimed by Amelia Chron, but does find another plot of Fertile Land. Meanwhile, Marinus Skoda finds a patch of Woodland. It is teeming with animals that could be Hunted with the right equipment, as well as various pieces of Wood, no doubt useful for crafting and construction. Eri Ito meanwhile, finds a plot of Poor Land.  Gerali Reverio continues exploring and finds a Rocky Outcrop. A quick search finds a number of stone samples that could prove useful in crafting and construction. Not long after him, Lar and Tara Rezi find another Rocky Outcrop nearby.

Encouraged by his success, Lar ventures yet further. One night, he is awoken to the sound of footsteps in the dark. A heavy, snuffling breath follows it. Staying as silent as possible, he slowly gets up and attempts to search for his knife in the dim light of the stars. Fumbling around, his hand catches on a rock, sending it clattering away. His breath catches in his throat. Roaring in the darkness, the beast rushes towards him, cutting Lar across the side. He sprints away from his camp and back towards home, nursing his Injury. Lar has lost <3 1. Until he recovers, he should not perform any strenuous activity, such as exploring or harvesting crops. If he does so, he will aggravate the injury further. Even then, he must pray the would stays clean and he does not succumb to Infection. The Tend Patient Task has been unlocked.

On a happier note, Nora and Boris Greenstone now have a baby boy, whilst both Lar & Tara Rezi and Marinus & Octavia Skoda have baby girls. They neither provide nor cost AP, but consume 1 food per season like adults. They will mature at 16 seasons and will then be functional members of society. As children, they amuse themselves, and thus you do not need to worry about them losing :), however they will only have <3 2 until they enter adulthood.

You should probably also name them.

Spoiler: Available Tasks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chron (Glass) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Murkblood (Roboson) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greenstone (Pavellius) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rezi (Strongpoint) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ito (piratejoe) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:44:45 pm by Kashyyk »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2018, 08:11:58 am »

Seth harvests his crops for 8 AP, then he and Amelia spend more time trying to have a child of their own (1 AP each). Amelia spends 1 AP helping with construction research, 6 AP researching fishing (with Seth's last AP going to assistance in this), and then will either spend the rest of her AP fishing if such action is available or continue doing research if it is not.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 12:42:14 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2018, 08:47:10 am »

In the start of Autumn, Robun would finally have a working prototype that actually works longer then five swings, along with seeing its decent for cutting wood, and satisfied with the work he has done, he harvests the crops with some help from Eri, who has started looking into tools related to wood cutting, but used after the tree is felled, in other words, things like saws, wood chisels and other tools used in carpentry. In a way it was a step away from what she usually did, which was merely exploration, but it was a way to pick up the work Robun would have done if the harvest wasn't this season. Of course, Eri and Robun would also spend some more time together near the end of the season, enjoying each others company and giving them both a bit of much needed happiness at the end of the season.

Robun 3 ap research, 5 harvest, 2 reproduction
Eri 5 ap research, 3 harvest, 2 reproduction

Edit (I only have 1 poor land when that should be 2...)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:51:27 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2018, 09:30:00 am »

Is there a way to get rid of my eggs/kids?
Can I choose to starve a Tribal?
(I swear I'm not a sadist. It's just that procreation is the most effective morale booster, but I don't need any more mouths to feed.)
Can a Tribal make use of more than one trinket?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2018, 10:08:26 am »

Is there a way to get rid of my eggs/kids?
You could trade them to someone. I suppose you could choose to abandon an egg in the wilderness, but not a child. Doing so will cost 1 AP and :) 1.

Can I choose to starve a Tribal?
No.

(I swear I'm not a sadist. It's just that procreation is the most effective morale booster, but I don't need any more mouths to feed.)
Welcome to a world without contraception :P

Can a Tribal make use of more than one trinket?
No. You may be able to find other ways to entertain your Tribals eventually though.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2018, 10:39:56 am »

One may have noticed a change in the Darkest family the queerest among the tribe. Julia who had seemed rather despondent last season sports a grin on her face! Gossiping amicably with the other tribe members it's clear there is some tension however between her and her brother.

Furthermore, perhaps Reynauld's activity's should be called into question at least Julia has been spreading that rumor around... it's most likely not a hard thing to believe.
He has a skull around his neck and is gone for longg stretches of time. When asked claiming to be "researching"

Clearly, Reynauld is up to something but what?

Reynauld..seems to be trying to...just recover energy?
To be able to do more later? ((Essentially no action))

Reynauld promptly realizes the fucking food needs to be harvested! Proceeding to run out like a complete madman not wanting to lose his sisters hard work!

Julia however while not a veteran healer had noticed. Lar's plight and after getting a needed rest? Chatting with everyone and being in a much more stable mood then she has in a few seasons and decides to attempt to help house Rezi!

Striding on over with a bit of a stumbling awkward gait and a bit of a awkward smile on her lips her tone friendly.

"Hey I heard...L-Lars got hurt. Would...you like some assistance?"

If they don't disagree or stop her help poor Lars out with some aid!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 05:03:45 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2018, 11:22:28 am »

The crops had grown and the Murkbloods had finished crafting for the time being. They still had several trinkets left over for trading with other interested tribe members. Now it was time to harvest the crops. Heyna was eager to collect the field's bounty. However, Jark was feeling the need to explore. While he's out he swears he spies something odd. Surely this will be an interesting season for the Murkbloods.

Heyna's Actions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jark's Actions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 12:43:44 pm by Roboson »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2018, 12:36:20 pm »

((Madelyne has created a Trinket as of last turn, but there is no note of it :'( ))

Gerali shall spend 8 AP on Harvesting the Crops off a Planted Fertile Land, and than 2 AP on researching Construction I

Madelyne shall spend her entire 10 AP on researching Construction I

All excess AP shall be spent on procreation of Gerali and Madelyne (because of Chron's family help)

((Glass I request assistance in researching construction so that we can build huts for the cold winter!))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:51:05 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2018, 12:42:21 pm »

Done.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2018, 01:37:20 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply Kashyyk. I have some more questions. I don't want to waste your time with these, so I'll only ask the most important ones.
How does researching work? I had Boris help Nora, but instead of Nora getting 4 progress, they each got 2. So does each person have to research it for themselves and by themselves? And can a Tribal teach a researched tech to another Tribal?
What does the farm tools and the irrigation tech do, or is it a secret?
If I partially planted/harvested a field with 4 AP, would another Tribal from a different tribe need to spend 3 AP or 4 AP to finish it? (I mean, would my bonus still factor in? And would it attack with the teamwork bonus if the other Tribal was a Chron?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2018, 02:17:47 pm »

Padikhnum and Ankhesenbastet each harvest their respective crops and put the rest of their AP (2 each) into that research.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2018, 02:51:56 pm »

I should have fixed everyone's turn posts now.

How does researching work? I had Boris help Nora, but instead of Nora getting 4 progress, they each got 2. So does each person have to research it for themselves and by themselves? And can a Tribal teach a researched tech to another Tribal?
That would be me messing up. They each in fact have 4 progress. Working together to research something simply means that all participants gain everyone's research for that turn. Everyone still needs to learn knowledge by themselves still, either by researching it or by being taught.

What does the farm tools and the irrigation tech do, or is it a secret?
Generally, help with farming. The specifics will be discovered once the research is complete.

If I partially planted/harvested a field with 4 AP, would another Tribal from a different tribe need to spend 3 AP or 4 AP to finish it? (I mean, would my bonus still factor in? And would it attack with the teamwork bonus if the other Tribal was a Chron?
The other guy would need to spend 3 AP, and that would tie in with Chron's assistance to effectively bring it down to 6 AP total.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8