Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30

Author Topic: Roll to Wish  (Read 49070 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Wish
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2018, 10:11:28 am »

Get a little tired of the roll manipulation stuff, and petition among players for roll determination to be removed from the game.

I'm actually getting a little tired of roll manipulation too. Allowing it was probably a mistake, as this game is rapidly becoming yet another iteration of "You always roll 5". Seems a bit late to change things now though. Roll manipulation has already had a tangible affect on the game, and refunding wishes now would basically let people double dip on those benefits.Anyway, you could probably use a wish to make everyone roll normally forever or something. Actually hold on a sec, just thought of something. 
Wishes can do anything with very few exceptions.
Wishes cannot:
Modify the rules.
Give more wishes.
Remove a players ability to wish.
Affect the granting of other wishes.
Blatantly circumvent these rules.
Arguably, the bold portion is relevant due to the following rule.
Rolls are 1d6, except for wishes, which are 1d3+3 and are immune to modifiers.
Anyway, up to you.

I will roll a 5. Fly to the flaming wreckage in the middle of no-where and annihilate it with my helicopter. The paradox annoys me.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2018, 02:21:06 pm »

Turn 12 will most likely be posted tomorrow due to me getting distracted.
All roll manipulation abilities will cease to function and wishing for roll manipulation will be banned on turn 15, primarily because they make running this game less fun.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2018, 02:37:40 pm »

Changing my action to capturing a werewolf.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Wish: Turn 12
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2018, 07:02:21 am »

Signal my robot to rescue me. Failing that, a cat. Once I get out, tell cats to defend against the imminent Corgis.
[1] You signal your robot and then wander off. Now you're both lost.
Try again to make friends with the werewolves, and really mean it this time.
[6] Done. They bite you in celebration.
more drunk driving try to go as fast as possible
[3] You slow down for your own safety.
Go out of my way to improve the city's taxation systems, infrastructure, and social programs so that it continues to improve after I'm gone.
[6] You give up some of your lifespan for the improvements.
With my large following, build a rival city with shops, a wall to keep the zombies out and design it to be completely autonomous from the outside world.
[4] You build a fortified town with your followers.
werty will roll a 4.
Using my desire powers, solve all paperwork forever in a quantum state. Now they will need to follow my commands forever, ahahaha! I will roll a 5.

That would require extremely powerful precognition, which you lack.
Crash land into Feliana and start a Corgi revolution against the cats!
[6] You crash your helicopter in a corgi shelter, inspiring them to rise up against the feline oppressors but also breaking all your limbs.
Conduct meeting with Trump. We need to discuss Mexico's tribute to keep the Great American Wall maintained.
[5] Would you mind clarifying just what your goals are in these negotiations? In any case, you achieve them.
Get a little tired of the roll manipulation stuff, and petition among players for roll determination to be removed from the game.

I'm actually getting a little tired of roll manipulation too. Allowing it was probably a mistake, as this game is rapidly becoming yet another iteration of "You always roll 5". Seems a bit late to change things now though. Roll manipulation has already had a tangible affect on the game, and refunding wishes now would basically let people double dip on those benefits.Anyway, you could probably use a wish to make everyone roll normally forever or something. Actually hold on a sec, just thought of something. 
Wishes can do anything with very few exceptions.
Wishes cannot:
Modify the rules.
Give more wishes.
Remove a players ability to wish.
Affect the granting of other wishes.
Blatantly circumvent these rules.
Arguably, the bold portion is relevant due to the following rule.
Rolls are 1d6, except for wishes, which are 1d3+3 and are immune to modifiers.
Anyway, up to you.

I will roll a 5. Fly to the flaming wreckage in the middle of no-where and annihilate it with my helicopter. The paradox annoys me.
[5] You obliterate the wreckage of an airliner, thereby causing the intact airliner to be the only version that exists.
Changing my action to capturing a werewolf.
[4] You kidnap a werewolf.

Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player States (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2018, 07:05:52 am »

Crap. Signal the robot to go to the copter and suppress the corgi revolution along with Feliania's finest warriors.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2018, 07:19:50 am »

Offer to be the All-Pony's steed as apology for pulling her hair.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2018, 07:46:39 am »

Ride out of the city towards the wilds
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2018, 09:31:05 am »

I hypnotized Trump and offered him 300M of dollars, so that he'll demolish his Great American Wall. I've rolled 5, so the deal is success. (If GM didn't get the memo, it was all a bait and switch. I baited Trump so I can hypnotize him and make him destroy the wall.)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 04:04:14 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2018, 10:46:35 am »

Get some of my werewolf friends to help me turn my pile of twenty cars in to one moving car fort thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2018, 11:44:27 am »

Research the werewolf, trying to figure out how were-ism works.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2018, 01:09:11 pm »

Have the corgis with their bodies, make a dog throne that I can lay upon and than instigate a revolution against Feliana, the doge shall defeat the cats!

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2018, 01:32:31 pm »

Recruit other people into my city, generally just adding more stuff.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2018, 08:36:40 pm »

Have the corgis with their bodies, make a dog throne that I can lay upon and than instigate a revolution against Feliana, the doge shall defeat the cats!

I have a robot with a laser cannon and a chainsaw. Along with like 100000 cats.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2018, 02:57:02 am »

I have a robot with a laser cannon and a chainsaw. Along with like 100000 cats.
Pathetic technology users, your 100k cats will be eaten up by corgis memesters, and have the powers of the Vikings inside their souls! For Valhalla!, your robot's puny technology shall be crushed by the doge

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2018, 03:34:58 am »

Use my newfound power of parceling out my life-force to extend the lifespans of anybody who calls this city their home.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30