Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25

Author Topic: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [NEW PLAYERS WELCOME]  (Read 23923 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [NEW PLAYERS WELCOME]
« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2017, 02:20:02 am »

I've been nagging you about it for a while now, so clearly the amount of people who have given up on this cannot be described via the word "everyone".
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 30, 2017, 06:43:41 am »

I still like the game.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 31, 2017, 12:45:45 am »

Nekohlin:

We need to investigate this. Ask the Yinglets about what caused their problem

Flame:

Scared, Flame breathes a few fire-blasts into the direction from where the growling comes, then flies away.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 31, 2017, 08:44:32 pm »

Okay. I'll wait for Friday for a response from the last person I've PMed. If he doesn't respond by then, we'll continue without him.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 04, 2018, 07:51:50 pm »

Okay. The last player I was waiting for a reply from has not replied, so for now the Yinglet will be doing business as normal. They will only interact with others if they interact first. There are also three new characters on the thread, although two of them have been around for a bit in the PM interactions. I am returning Nuke9.13's stuff to the thread, since his stuff is no longer going to involve quite so many character interactions.

Goltor (Puppyguard's Giant Spider)
After spending a rather large amount of time with the man who had entered his lair, and the leaving of said man, Goltor began to move south, quickly migrating over the mountains. On your way you find yourself meeting a large Earth Dragon.

Ka'uratazun (Supernerd's Earth Dragon)
Whilst heading east to drink from the sea, you first encounter a small mineral-rich pool of water, which is too small to slake your thirst, but large enough to make the journey more bearable. Continuing on your way, you encounter a massive spider.

Lakami (Cyne-Wulf's Snake People)
You manage to create your enchantments, but it is time consuming and they are rather weak. You have tested it on your best ship, and while it is vastly more seaworthy than the others, it is incapable of crossing the seas with much cargo or extra passengers due to the large size and mass of the Lakami.

Acid-Maw (Shadowclaw777's Lizardfolk)
Your party evades the Lakami, but is struggling through the desert. You create the areas you talked about, however they are forced to be smaller than they could theoretically be, due to the magic to the south-east.

Flame (KittyTac's Dragon)
The searing blasts engulf trees, and probably whatever growled at you. You begin to fly off, but something grabs your tail, and drags you to the ground.

Nekohlin (KittyTac's Cat People)
Your investigation of the Yinglet's farms give identical results to yours, although you are unsure why the Yinglet aren't having the birth defects and miscarriages. A human woman in very old rusted armour arrives from the mountains.

Lizzy Kyro (AbstractTraitorHero's Human Character)
You wander down from the Mountains, into the territory of the Cat people you saw.

Qassatoughua (sprinkled chariot's Giant Magic Fish (Think Goltor, but fish))
You magically observe the islands, revealing to you many people and a few ships.

Steelclaw, Neriend and "The Messenger" (Nuke9.13's Ijzervolk Raider, Cyne-Wulf's Lakami Mage and sprinkled chariot's person)
Okay, recap time. Whilst finishing raiding the Lakami village, the Messenger teleported to Steelclaw and Neriend, with a pair of enchanted animated statues. After talking for a bit, Steelclaw777's raiding party interrupted, and engaged the Ijzervolk, ambushing them with a rear attack from the river. Due to this, the Ijzervolk were losing the fight, so the Messenger and Neriend worked together to teleport them all away, including the ships. Something drew them away from their intended destination, into what Steelclaw identified as the Todeslande. They formed into a shieldwall against creatures which Neriend saw with her infravision (Lakami racial trait).

The shieldwall forms around Steelclaw and the mages, setting the spears down between themselves and the darkness around. Both Neriend and the Messenger begin incantations, and the creatures start to snarl. Men begin to be dragged into the darkness by creatures they cannot see, so your men lash their shields together. The screams of the men who were dragged away continue until they gurgle away into silence. Neriend finishes her incantation and light pours over your men, but the darkness remains unfettered only 5 meters ahead of the line. The monsters shrink away from the light, when the messenger finishes his incantation, and bursts of fire rush above your heads, and into the darkness beyond.

I really hope I didn't miss anyone.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 04, 2018, 07:57:50 pm »

Goltor
Ignore it, if it gets in my way try to bring it down with webs and paralyze it with poison.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:02:30 pm by Puppyguard »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2018, 09:08:39 pm »

Flame begins to claw wildly all around him and starts breathing fire at the thing that grabbed him.

The Nekohlin ask the woman: "What are you doing here?"
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:16:17 pm by KittyTac »

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
  • Fenrisúlfr shall consume.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 04, 2018, 09:57:52 pm »

Could we use magic to make the ships larger on the inside, and reduce the weight of the crew and passengers? Continue working on that, and talk with the Acid-Maw about the evil magic and it's location.

Neriend will maintain the light, and wait for ideas from Steelclaw, since Neriend knows very little about the Todeslande.
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2018, 01:41:49 am »

Ka'uratazun takes note of the large spider, and momentarily entertains the idea of eating it. She hadn't seen very many giant spiders, but she had seen some much stranger things in her rather long life. The dragon had eaten some goats not too long ago, so she was merely hungry right now. But were spiders delicious? Ka'uratazun was past the state where she would take a bite of something that wasn't delicious just to sate her hunger, at least for the time being.

Some spiders may have crawled into the dragon's mouth while she was asleep, or possibly clung to one of her larger meals, but she didn't really have many memories of actively hunting down spiders with the intention of eating them, or what they tasted like. The memories that she did have dated back to when she was naught but a hatchling. It wasn't a particularly comfortable time for her and she didn't have the inclination to think back on it very hard right now.

Ka'uratazun also considers the location she is headed towards. She is currently headed towards the beach, and when she arrived there was a chance that she would find her favorite food: A beached whale! It was a rare enough find that she wouldn't prowl the beach for that purpose alone, but even an elder dragon as big as her couldn't consume an entire whale all at once. Complicating matters further is that she almost never wants to eat prey that isn't fresh; so in the event that she did find a whale she would regret filling up on something like spider first.

The presence of a predator in the mountains with no interest in precious metals and a possible appetite for potential bipedal thieves didn't bother her either. The spider may or may not have said something to the contrary if Ka'uratazun had bothered to speak to it, but she didn't.

And so the dragon continued on her way.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 01:43:54 am by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 05, 2018, 02:10:14 am »

Wow,  I need to step up my action posts.
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 05, 2018, 10:51:14 am »

Flame begins to claw wildly all around him and starts breathing fire at the thing that grabbed him.

The Nekohlin ask the woman: "What are you doing here?"

What stood before the Nekohlin was a short person overall. Flowing green lines pulsing with energy with some kind of power. Green murky eyes looking them over and a bloody grin sociable friendly her teeth stained red.

Her hair a dark green flowing down to her back and her armor worn...an arrow is on her back. Stretching one might be able to notice what looks like her armor cracking. It appears almost frostbitten as well clanking easily.

They speak.

Her voice warm eager friendly...nonchalant.

" Lizzy Kyro's."

Gently raising her hands up in a none threatening gesture. A smile growing her grin nice and wide observing the adorable pathetic things. Not knowing the thing she was about to tell them.

Not knowing the greatest most beautiful person in all of existence. The greatest hero to ever live and the man who shows his love to her through these lines. Her hand gently tracing along the lines leading to her eyes loving the feeling of energy flowing along it.

Beautiful. Loving.

Her voice comes out.

Sincere in this tone and with a genuine laugh leaving her tone. Looking at the cats with pity. That they did not know was a tragedy and one that must be rectified.

" I am a member of the great morninglord's legions. I serve him faithfully and come to receive treatment for my simply horrendous wounds!" "

Gently trying to take the arrow out giving a strained sound and a small chuckle. She would break it and that would be bad. Her hands moving back and brushing herself off.

A barely noticeable blush on her face. Before a bit of embarrassment in her tone but still as sincere as she could be. She genuinely seemed to believe this.

" You see I took quite a beating in his service. You new beings to the world shall provide me this service and I shall teach you about his word. About his love and greatness."

Murky eyes watering up as her voice chokes up. Emotions for her lord overwhelming her. As she reaches a hand up and brushes a tear away.

" H-How he brings power and wishes freedom from the constraints of the barbarism of the world! How his love is everlasting and eternal and how he grants me these beautiful lines. As proof of his love for us all."

Today...seems like an interesting day for the Nekohlin.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 10:56:39 am by AbstractTraitorHero »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 05, 2018, 08:44:25 pm »

Wow, I need to step my game up.

I assume you need healing?, one of the Nekohlin said in a calm voice.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 05, 2018, 09:19:20 pm »

Well, Lizzy had kinda just said that hadn't she? Giving a bit of a laugh and strolling over. She at down and leaned forward espousing her back. Her skin up close was...pale and almost had a slight blue tinge.

Like she had suffered extreme frostbite. The arrow in her shoulder looks...positively ancient for that matter. Like it had been there for years and was also slick and almost thawed looking. Her eyes held bags underneath them and overall?

She just looked unhealthy. Like she looked like she should be much worse off then she is acting. Clearly, Lizzy might need medical attention and start with getting that arrow? Bolt? Either way that needed to get out and she needed to get brought somewhere warm perhaps?

"Yep. Morninglord would want me in tip-top shape you feeling me? Bit numb and all and arrow needs to come out and all but Lizzy is doing just fine not going to keel over yet hehe."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:24:28 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 05, 2018, 09:43:18 pm »

The Nekohlin bring some plants that are known to heal frostbite and heal Lizzy with them.

Good?

They bring pain-numbing plants and carefully extract the arrow.

Should be done.

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2018, 05:07:00 am »

Well, I just got outclassed.
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25