Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [NEW PLAYERS WELCOME]  (Read 23924 times)

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [NEW PLAYERS WELCOME]
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2017, 07:11:04 pm »

Yeah, I wasn't expecting such a mass of PMs to be involved.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2017, 10:58:15 pm »

I would like to apply to play in this game. Let me know if this character is acceptable.

Name: Ka'uratazun
Race: Dragon
Element: Earth
Ka'uratazun is an elder dragon, and one of the largest and oldest dragons known to mankind. She has brownish-grey scales that are scarred by countless battles. A combination of her injuries and immense weight renders her incapable of flight, and she does not possess a draconic breath attack; but in terms of sheer force she is virtually unrivaled and her every step shakes the earth. She is a prideful creature, and known for her disdain of the lesser races, typically ignoring them unless she seeks treasure to add to her hoard. She makes her home in a massive cave in the Spine of the Land.

Ka'uratazun happens to be a mother. She has one living adult son who has roamed the land for centuries. She avoids him when possible and vice-versa, as adult dragons seldom get along. She also has a few adolescent children, just old enough to possess human-like intelligence. The blossoming civilizations of the so called lesser races has caused these young dragons to develop some less than traditional opinions, much to Ka'uratazun's embarrassment.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 07, 2017, 02:06:49 pm »

Yeah, I wasn't expecting such a mass of PMs to be involved.
I mean, as far as I'm concerned we could be doing everything we're doing in the PMs in the thread instead. It's not like its high intrigue.
Long Live United Forenia!

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 08, 2017, 09:40:42 pm »

It's mainly to prevent the thread form getting super long from conversations.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2017, 04:38:57 pm »

Atop a massive pile of gold, jewels and various other treasures, the great dragon Ka'uratazun awakens from her slumber in a massive chamber in a tall mountain at the Spine of the Land, west of the Norlands. Every time she hibernates, it lasts just a little bit longer than the last time; and this time it lasted a bit over a year. Her eyes scan the cavern floor to ensure that her favorite treasures remained where they were. Each time she wakes up, it seemed as though her treasury was smaller than the last time; which she hoped was just because she was getting bigger.

In a bit of a daze, she climbed towards the exit of her lair with just a few steps. Ka'uratazun was far too big these days to be able to have a well hidden place to sleep and keep her treasures, instead relying on the rugged terrain itself to deter the lesser races from reaching it and her reputation to give pause to other dragons who might covet what is hers. She then walked up to a high location, that was not quite a mountain peak, but still quite visible from the ground to properly wake up and announce her presence to the world.

Ka'uratazun stood up tall with all four of her feet on the ground and her head raised up high by her rather long legs, putting her two horns on display. One of her curved horns was about twice the length of the other one. The dragon took a long deep breath and raised her wings up high as she let out a deafening roar that could be heard far and wide! Orange sunlight flowed through a strangely shaped hole in her left wing. This was intended as a message to other dragons who may be in the area. The message was that she was awake, that she didn't want anything to do with them and that they didn't want anything to do with her.

This message was well worth putting any potential prey on high alert, as although Ka'uratazun had no desire to meet others of her kind at the moment, she also had no intention of showing any signs of weakness in a chance encounter. Other dragons were the one thing that she would acknowledge to be any kind of threat to her despite a number of incidents with humans in the past; which she now chalks up to simply having been weaker in her youth.

On a related note, the lady dragon was more than just a bit hungry after lying dormant for such a long time. She began to scan her surroundings, in search of something to devour. In her current state, she would settle for just about any creature big enough to sink her teeth into; perhaps a bear or a griffon?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 12, 2017, 10:47:20 pm »

Okay, people have two more days to post their actions. If you no longer wish to play I would appreciate it if you could inform me, I do understand if you cannot post due to being busy with Christmas, and if you can I would appreciate being informed of that.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2017, 10:48:14 pm »

Okay, people have two more days to post their actions. If you no longer wish to play I would appreciate it if you could inform me, I do understand if you cannot post due to being busy with Christmas, and if you can I would appreciate being informed of that.

I was busy with preparing for Christmas, sorry, action will be today.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 12, 2017, 10:50:17 pm »

That was quick.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2017, 06:14:03 pm »

Okay, since only two people have (public) actions, and one of them is new, this will be a mini-update, so the people who haven't posted can still do things this turn, especially since some of them have immediate things happening.

Ka'uratazun
You catch and eat some wild goats, and don't see any other dragons. A group of Humans see you, but they quickly leave. You see a group of cat people, although they don't see you.

Lakami
The source is to the south east, across the ocean. You make some decent coastal ships, although the portals are a bit beyond your current magical expertise.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2017, 06:54:03 pm »

((Personally I think what happens was the PM confusion, resulted in people forgetting to post))

-Have the Lizardman War Party keep going north until they have discerned that the freedom-party has left and out of sight.

-Have the Lizardfolk shamans and wise-lizards (lol) start the ritual of creating a magical aura around the places where they live, so that bad luck doesn't punish the Lizardfolk civilization from trying to perform tasks.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2017, 12:30:34 am »

Ka'uratazun had just eaten, so she didn't feel quite hungry enough to bother hunting down humans or cat people. They did not appear to be carrying treasure at first glance, so they didn't hold the dragon's attention for long. Ka'uratazun took note of the sun's position in the sky, and started to walk towards the east, each step coming down with enough force to leave imprints of her feet even in solid stone. Even if she bothered to try it, stealth was simply not a talent that most elder dragons possessed.

Regardless of who may or may not see her, she would move in pretty much a straight line towards the eastern coast, with the intention of getting a drink from the ocean. While this may be inadvisable for most terrestrial creatures, the inherent earth aspect of this particular kind of dragon included a high tolerance for minerals so the salt content of the ocean waters would not be an inconvenience for her.

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
  • Fenrisúlfr shall consume.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2017, 09:24:29 pm »

We will practice enchantments on these ships to make them faster, stabler and to calm the water arund them.
Development of seaworthy ships will continue.
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
  • Fenrisúlfr shall consume.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2017, 05:17:08 pm »

Poke
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 23, 2017, 12:41:04 am »

Maybe send out a pm to the players who did not get their action post in yet?

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2017, 02:17:26 am »

Okay, seriously I need to know if everyone has given up on this. I'll send out PMs again in a couple days.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25