Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39

Author Topic: Quillus Design Bureau - Battle for Aljadid - Strategy SY108  (Read 41826 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Quillus Design Bureau - Battle for Aljadid (An Arms Race Game)
« Reply #420 on: December 22, 2017, 04:38:19 pm »

Vedrfolnir FF QS-05 (1): evilcherry
QS-PIA-05 'Heimdallr': (2) Madman, Maximum Spin
QS-DCD-05 'Thyle': (2) Jilladilla, strongpoint

I named it so obviously I'm voting for it.

But e-warfare will be a go on the revision.

ETA: Although, I should add, though, that they're almost certainly going to switch their laser wavelengths *immediately* – if there's one thing I know about Ertex, it's that they double down on lasers hard – so we may want to keep that in mind.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 04:40:52 pm by Maximum Spin »

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 22, 2017, 04:53:20 pm »

How exactly will we go e warfare with a revision?

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 22, 2017, 04:53:51 pm »

Hmm... Make the Mirage Plating tunable and extend its range more in the 'high energy' spectrum direction? If we go for the Muninn defensive neural network it would be helpful... Still, we aren't deploying an Odin from Quillus this turn, so it can wait for next.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 22, 2017, 04:55:21 pm »

I second this. What do you plan to revise and how?
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 22, 2017, 05:47:34 pm »

If we refit Odins for radar stealth instead, we might be able to make them hurt regardless of whether or not they're capable of shooting us.

Also, strongpoint, there's only so much an Easy design will do for you when you roll a 3.
"QS-GL-02 'Fog Machine' (Easy): (2+1)+1=4: Below Average"

Thyle is a revision candidate. Let's spend next turn's design on a battlefield control AI, and revise it to be hack-capable.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 22, 2017, 05:54:25 pm »

We can unlock the full potential of Huginn, which we have dubbed Muninn, with a revision.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 22, 2017, 06:37:27 pm »

Also, strongpoint, there's only so much an Easy design will do for you when you roll a 3.
Are you claiming that designs aren't important at all and the only thing that matters is rolls and our discussions and votes are pointless or what?

Also, "next turn we design this" plans don't work that well. In fact it sounds like you are the only one who decides what will be designed.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 06:39:52 pm by Strongpoint »
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 22, 2017, 07:11:58 pm »

Are you claiming that designs aren't important at all and the only thing that matters is rolls and our discussions and votes are pointless or what?

Also, "next turn we design this" plans don't work that well. In fact it sounds like you are the only one who decides what will be designed.

Take it that way if you will, it's a suggestion and not a demand. And I'm claiming (quite obviously) that even Easy designs can be rendered almost useless by crappy rolls.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 22, 2017, 07:29:35 pm »

And I'm claiming (quite obviously) that even Easy designs can be rendered almost useless by crappy rolls.
Different easy designs can have different short term and long term results on 3 roll. We could go for something that is far more useful on low roll. Every design should be looked at with what if options. What if we roll 2, what if we roll 4, what if we roll 8. What is an average result of those. Sure, we can't know NUKE's decision, but we can assume.

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 23, 2017, 06:01:23 am »

we got a lower third chance roll with the fog machine. Our description wasn't even that good and demanded some weird stuff. However, it HAS helped us out in every land battle, just only in minor ways.

We need to get an ai disruptor to stop their Athena from making their fleet vaguely capable of holding us off. And we know that they will go for a Chameleon armour counter, since that literally doubled our Odin health.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 23, 2017, 11:29:27 am »

We'll need to design tunable metamaterials, capable of being adjusted to absorb whatever they're being hit with. But first I'd like to roll out an AI, so the AI can take care of that sort of stuff.

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 23, 2017, 06:00:15 pm »

Víđarr Wave Generator This is a disruption device that is aimed at "killing" Athena. Basically it stops Athena from communicating between the Ertexian ships, especially their Cuttlefish.

Their AI is better than ours at the moment, only really held back by the fact that their ships are garbage trash made weaker by being directly countered by our designs.

If we can cripple their AI then they will be utterly routed next battle.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 23, 2017, 06:05:02 pm »

Víđarr Wave Generator This is a disruption device that is aimed at "killing" Athena. Basically it stops Athena from communicating between the Ertexian ships, especially their Cuttlefish.

Their AI is better than ours at the moment, only really held back by the fact that their ships are garbage trash made weaker by being directly countered by our designs.

If we can cripple their AI then they will be utterly routed next battle.
How is this better then Thyle? Looks very one dimensional.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 23, 2017, 06:54:46 pm »

Yeah, I've gotta go with SP here. Thyle is more versatile, though I guess it doesn't have the aim of just "blocking communication" but I don't know how that would be possible anyway. The lack of versatility will make let them counter it instantly if they have a single brain hemisphere between them.

Vedrfolnir FF QS-05 (1): evilcherry
QS-PIA-05 'Heimdallr': (2) Madman, Maximum Spin
QS-DCD-05 'Thyle': (3) Jilladilla, strongpoint, SamSpeeds
Vidarr Wave Generator: (1) Thanatoss Russ

Though we definitely need an infantry boon sometime soon, Thyle will help there anyway, so it's not too bad IMO.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 23, 2017, 07:20:10 pm »

Alright, I hate Thyle so much because it's just so inefficient a way to do it.

QS-EAI-05 'Muninn'
Based somewhat on the Huginn's predictive neural network, the Muninn system aims to create a true AI system, an expanded neural network of sorts, capable of expanding its own processes, knowledge, and usability. The first iteration will be specifically designed to be capable of using a host vehicle's sensors and transmitters to hack hostile computer systems and subvert them to our cause.

Anyways, an EWAR design is going to ensure we start losing infantry combat. They *will* be improving their droids, and probably deploying them to A since we destroyed them over D. Power Armor, however, might very well be a way to get us additional SPP/GPP. Our ships aren't atmosphere-capable, therefore they must be built in orbit. A civilian version of a power-armor (A powered exoskeleton, most likely) would be a great thing to have in space.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39