Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: Gods of Creation III (IC)  (Read 30547 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation III (IC)
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2017, 09:08:55 pm »

I Cancel the creation of an artifact.
I Spend an act to produce a prophet among the sciro arsonists, and inform them of my name, and that I am the wind spirit, that the upside down trees were placed upon the world to consume the life of the tree by a spirit of decay, and that with the death of the tree the sky will have nothing holding it down, and will thus leave as before the tree came. I will speak as though I am reverent of the tree, but as if it can't see what is happening because it simply lacks the creativity to change, to change its ways and take life from things that kill it. Finally, I will tell them that I have placed a curse upon the upside down trees which will kill them, and sent knowledge to the one who claims to speak for the trees because they simply hear what passing spirits say.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 09:12:55 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2017, 09:11:57 pm »

I Spend an act to produce a prophet among the sciro arsonists, and inform them of my name, and that I am the wind spirit, that the upside down trees were placed upon the world to consume the life of the tree by a spirit of decay, and that with the death of the tree the sky will have nothing holding it down, and will thus leave as before the tree came. I will speak as though I am reverent of the tree, but as if it can't see what is happening because it simply lacks the creativity to change, to change its ways and take life from things that kill it.
Rexilium what the hell do you think you're doing >:(

Finally, I will tell them that I have placed a curse upon the upside down trees which will kill them, and sent knowledge to the one who claims to speak for the trees because they simply hear what passing spirits say.
Do. Not. Do. This.
There will be consequences for this, Rexilium, unless you retract this action.

Analysis Act. Give those around Rexilium's prophet knowledge enough to analyze his words, to see the incongruities, to notice that things don't line up, and to reject the falsehoods that he speaks. Analysis is a powerful tool, not only for gaining new knowledge, but for avoiding the errors that may otherwise be accepted as truths.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 09:28:17 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2017, 09:19:48 pm »

I Spend an act to produce a prophet among the sciro arsonists, and inform them of my name, and that I am the wind spirit, that the upside down trees were placed upon the world to consume the life of the tree by a spirit of decay, and that with the death of the tree the sky will have nothing holding it down, and will thus leave as before the tree came. I will speak as though I am reverent of the tree, but as if it can't see what is happening because it simply lacks the creativity to change, to change its ways and take life from things that kill it.
Rexilium what the hell do you think you're doing >:(

Finally, I will tell them that I have placed a curse upon the upside down trees which will kill them, and sent knowledge to the one who claims to speak for the trees because they simply hear what passing spirits say.
Do. Not. Do. This.
There will be consequences for this, Rexilium, unless you retract this action.

Thou doth never understandeth mine sphere, anything ya can do will lead to my power growing, because what greater chaos could be, then a god strikin' down his own people?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2017, 09:26:26 pm »

Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap smells the release of divine knowledge into the universe and begins slowly rotating to follow the movement of the Troon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2017, 09:45:57 pm »

Typheus was still musing. And he did think that only speaking to Eurythia was a bit unfair to Calyvaro. As such, he contacted his son of fire.

"Calyvaro, my son. I see you sought new lands, and I do commend your initiative. I come to you for a request. There are mortals in Carociber, some are young and naive, some are non native of this world. I want you to bring a catastrophe to all of them, to carve into their common consciousness the fear and awe of your blazing form. Have them know and remember your name.

You are Calyvaro, son of Typheus. All of them shall fear your might."

Request Calyvaro to say hello to the mortals of Carociber.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2017, 09:52:09 pm »

Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap mentions to a passing Aedan: "bg kjwl mgdae ijcvc xpqn fxnl iq qxu oftp kfhxv enmvsiv cp vzt iajlsfv bjtunb afttxh kfhxv snsofrv afknthlu at iojtz hkwh"
The Aedan leaves to pass the message to others.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2017, 11:38:06 am »

((OOC: My apologies for the bit of an absence, I was busy.))

Julius turns back to the world, after an extended period of examining the cosmos. In shock, he confronts Tauron, in a rare flash of anger.
"Tauron. I was under the assumption that we had a deal. Yet, you unleash mortals upon the Incilatro, shatter their land, shatter their lives, and destroy what hope they had for the world? If I had not sent for a prophet, one directly intended to preserve peace and ensure prosperity, the entire race might already be extinct! Now. I ask you two simple things. Why did this happen, and what do you intend to do about it?

Avanti!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2017, 12:08:58 pm »

Distracted again from watching the Troon by this sudden burst of divine hostility above, Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap begins shaking and fluttering several tentacles that don't quite seem to have come from anywhere, and shouts "ktlnokx yh jsl xcgmfujf wx ilft bxv mnikc xl bkou bjy ki hpb bkvq xl bkou bkfrw cilxg fafhywunt ftw inby bg zrms iq db xl hcq cp wwgynoa kwucilw fhjuo ga dum tjcqb xl fun xosd ard slucb ovsq ykno ftw fjo zucun qsjcvn bzp cqm xl xjdum hhv"

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2017, 02:40:35 pm »

Tauron reacted suddenly and vibrantly to Julius, what has happened was not of Tauron's intent, but instead of being in hindsight, he knew that only change to the Ishagi in the future is what must be performed. "Well Julius, it wasn't in my intent to cause conflict with the Incilatro, a saddened state of affairs. How this happened is because of me letting these mortals until I knew what conflict would happened. Hindsight is a pain to deal with, but for the future I will promise that the Incilatro and Ishagi conflict will be lessened as time progresses, as they are already dealing with a two-front war. How I will deal with it in the future, well kicking them out isn't an option because they would a great race when the Aedans, Tasatha, or Boroi show up and they will need to be exterminated. Well, what I'm going to do about it, is to first make sure the Ishagi are under my control, and than warp their society into such a matter that they become pacifists and federation builders, instead of aggressive expansionist society they are currently in.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2017, 03:42:21 pm »

I hide myself in the quiet white of Winter and nestle in her comforting folds of cold oblivion.

Winter is particularly harsh this era. In much of the world winter is short and mild. Snow is rare almost everywhere except north Verdance. This era its different. Snow falls over the jungles of Pangaea for almost a month this era. Other areas experience blizzards, snowstorms, and unusual weather. Large icecaps come to dominate the northernmost and southernmost areas of the world. This is not the cause of the disturbance, but the actions of Kyazir. Kyazir sparked a love interest with the ice goddess Skyila. Their coupling caused horrifying weather and ice storms across much of the world. North Verdance is covered in a layer of permafrost and glaciers erupt from the ground. The boroi here find life much harder, and no longer fight eachother as much. Some band together, for alone, none will survive the furious winter. Life for them is markedly worse, for at least before, they could conquer their foes, now they merely huddle together in a desperate attempt to stave off the creeping cold.

On the subject of huddling. Kyzair's and Skylia's coupling is not without consequences. Long after the departure of the ice goddess. Kyzair's stricken by a terrible sickness. Pain wracks the body of the god before his armor splits open and a child emerges from his chest. Skzail is born! A minor god of ice and war. Skyzail is a colossus composed of ice. Born into this world, Skzail's purpose is clear, to spread the conquest of ice across the entirety of the world, slaying all those which cannot survive in the eternal winter. Skzail descends upon the northern pole of the planet. She roars in the direction of Carociber, and then heads directly south, towards Verdance.

The troon sees major changes during this era. The reverse trees are frozen solid, shattering as new trees erupt from inside them and ice and frost cover them. Xickla tells them of the coming change and many Sciro come to admire the trees. They find them odd and strange, as a whole. Many who disliked the upsidedown trees bemoan their replacements, but with less zeal. They still see them as unnatural, but not as overtly wrong as the upside down trees. Some attempt to use the wood of these frozen trees, but its tendancy to melt makes them terrible materials for general use. However, a second prophet appears among the Sciro, one of the prominent organizers of the arsonists. Mygar. Mygar tells many of sciro that the wind spirit of this land is the one who cursed the trees. A great wave of analytics washes over the Sciro. They come to analyze the claims of the two prophets and great debates between the two prophets ensue. Standing beneath the tree of salvation, the two debate for hours in front of massive audiences.  The debates eventually conclude and the Sciro are left to make their own decisions. Many are skeptical of the appearance of the prophet of the of the wind spirit, which is normally viewed as a trickester. Upon the conclusion of the debates, few come to believe the word of the Mygar, many believe in Xikla for he has a preestablished rapport, though there is a lot of disagreement and discussion as a whole. Debates become enshrined in Sciro culture as a method of settling all disputes and comes to dominate  Sciro culture. Violence and conflict are restricted to the pulpit and society mellows out quite a bit. With one exception. A golden object of some sort has been gifted to the Sciro as a present for acceptance by the Aedans. This beautiful object is highly coveted among the Sciro, and many of them try to get it for themselves. The owner of the valuable object must forever watch his or her back, for others are constantly looking to take it from them. It changes hands over a dozen times a year, never willingly of course.

Elsewhere the glass city of the troon, the Aedans build a library so that they may study and gather knowledge and share it with others. A mysterious grimoire appears here briefly before it disappears in a gust of rather chaotic energy.

Meanwhile on Carociber, things have changed. The minotaur Calyvaro was nudged by their father to go on a rampage. And rampage they did. Large sections of Carociber were set aflame, stomped over, and then set aflame again. Many southern Klix tribes are erradicated, though Calyvaro's nomadic heard of minotaurlike klix grows larger as one or two are occasionally spared. However, the rampage comes to a distinct and utter end when Calyvaro reaches the eldritch lands. For a long time the flaming beast stands there looking in. It doesn't appear to be thinking, or even that its mind is vacant, just an intense thoughtless gaze. This went on for days, unending, before the edge of the eldritch lands moved back. Calyvaro took a step forward over the barren but normal ground that was just moments ago twisted and alien. Slowly, as if carrying a great weight, Calyvaro trudged inward. Yet then, the ground began to shake. Calyvaro looked up, and roared into the sky. In an instant, he left the eldritch lands the way he came, leaving a terrible wound of flaming soul piercing into the twisted world. Calyvaro looks north, roars again, and then heads into the ocean in the direction of Verdance.

Society continues to develop on Verdance, unaware of the looming danger. The tasatha begin using agriculture to grow food instead of paper. This is only partially because of the minor nudges of their god, but also due to the spreading cold over the continent. Winters have become harsher and longer, and the need to grow food to survive them has become more imperative. This makes paper even more rare, and even more valuable, a luxury for kings and a few other wealthy individuals. So too is construction necessary. Enclosed structures are built to trap in the heat. Mostly made of wood and sealed with mud, these log structures are the first mortal made permanent buildings upon the world. With the exception of Ishai and Duro mines of course. Tasatha society huddles closer together, for warmth and safety. Outlaying camps move towards large towns and their society becomes less spread out.

On Pangea, the Ishagi host had spread far and wide, with a great number of hurdles before them. They had but one directive, to build more and better ishagi. It was a clear and simple maxim, one instilled upon them by their former owner. They spread outwards in every direction, each uncaring for themselves, only for the creation of their children. In the south, they faced the magically resistant duro. This hurdle caused the ishagi there to change. To the north, they were stopped by a horde of tiny tree living birdmen and their druidic leader. In the west, Ishagi disappeared into the jungle, never to be seen again. This all changed during this era.

In the south, a powerful giant Ishagi, Ighasi (That name is going to lead to incredible confusion). The large golem of earth and ice drew the attention of the Ishagi in the area. Never before had they seen an individual such as Ighasi, and looked over it in detail. What caused the greatest confusion was Ighasi's ability to speak. The ishagi had a written language, but was rarely used, yet this Ishagi spoke to them spreading the word of Tauron. The ice golem demonstrated its powers to the others, creating shards of ice and fighting valiantly in the conquest against the Duro. The Ishagi in the area were mostly composed of earth and watched this in their cold calculating manner. It is difficult to discern whether or not they believed in Tauron. It was clear they revered Ighasi as a great warrior, but seeing as Ighasi is the only ice golem which would not melt, they changed their composition little, with one minor exception. Many new Ishagi were constructed with mouths. And though they rarely used them, word spread that Tauron could create great warriors and was a master craftsman. It also was unclear whether or not the Ishagi considered Ighasi a true Ishagi, for they thought and acted differently than Ishagi. Though after spending time with them Ighasi found they were a quite intelligent race, with a wide cornucopia of knowledge. However, they found little use for it in their current situation. Though word of the prophet never reached the northern front, for trouble brewed in the west. From the Jungle of Webs, strange ishagi emerged. These Ishagi were not like their brothers and sisters, but crafted of flesh by a great molder, Eurythia. These Ishagi were made of spiders and webs. They were legs and muscle and claws and pincers. The strange Ishagi had no interest in creating new Ishagi, for they could not compare to the masterwork of the spider queen, but instead sought to bring her flesh with which to eat and work. The Ishagi watched this, and resumed their activities. It seems the goals of the Isharach did not conflict nor interrupt the work of the Ishagi and where thus ignored. Advancements are made in the north and south. Tauron's prophet slaying Duro with its might and garnering a following of Ishagi seeking tauron to create children for them, while in the north wildfire ishagi burned tree after tree. Amid the smoke and fire Isharach drones sought out Icanthi prey to ensnare and return to their queen. At no point did the Ishagi feel malevolence towards those they fought. They simply had what the Ishagi wanted, needed, and thus they were only secondary in the Ishagi quest for reproduction.

The land the Ishagi origianlly colonized begins to recover with the help of the Feurwerks, a poison absorbing mushroom that eventually launches itself into the air where it explodes into a spore cloud for massive dispersion of spores. These exploding mushrooms help draw forth the poison from the land, and speed its recovery towards fertility. Furthermore tunnels appear in this area, and to some degree the northern forest and southern jungles. Yet these entrances to the underworld mostly go unnoticed as the area is now uninhabited. However, from the underworld, some curious Annelids travel up to the surface, drawn by the strange smells, the bright light, but most of all, wind. None of these wonders existed in the still caverns, and some small communities find the surface world an interesting curiosity. Though those in the twisted tunnels are warned by Tauron's prophet not to ascend to the surface, his word does not reach those godless souls in the stilllands, and occasionally a doomed tribe is saved by ascending to the surface instead of starving lost in the tunnels. The annelids become visitors in this strange place, but never stay for long.

Offers this era:

A plague demon appears before you. Glowing multifaceted eyes and a misquitolike proboscis rest upon a scraggly owllike face, which sits atop the body of an incredibly muscled leper.  I am Wagryar. I bring you a game. The game of plagues. The rules are simple. If you let my disease into the world, I will give you the antidote and your mortals will be saved. If you don't many will die. If half or more of you refuse me, the plague does not occur. If more than half of you accept, you will each gain two medicine acts. If all of you accept, you gain nothing and the plague still happen. This is the game, lets have fun.

A demigod of peace and foresight, Eyranor appears! A prophet which I'm going to totally regret this speaks only in rhyme and riddle.
A quest I am on my lords and lieges,
A quest to end the impending sieges,
For fire and ice will soon collide,
For mortal coils will soon be knocked
Aside.
Grant me you power kings of divinity,
I need only power enough two trinity,
Peace, prosperity, and a prison,
To build the garrison,
Against the clash of fire and ice,
That shall render down the earth and sky,
Three welkin lands to be precise
This I do descry
Wall and redoubt must erect,
A prison too, to prevent the wreck,
I can aid you in this endeavor,
Though six acts with which you must,
Sever.

The final offer comes from a titan of beasts and wilderness, Zyklekan. He looks upon your world thoughtfully, thinking hard as if philosophizing deeply about some unseen nuance of the realm. After a time he states thus. NOT. ENOUGH. ANIMALS. Zyklekan begins to radiate power around your heavenly lands and you find that his presence halves the cost of creating new animals. For minor acts, you simply get two make two species, but cannot spend half a minor act without the magic crumbling. MORE. says the thoughtful ape of a divine denizen.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2017, 03:52:47 pm »

A demigod of peace and foresight, Eyranor appears! A prophet which I'm going to totally regret this speaks only in rhyme and riddle.
A quest I am on my lords and lieges,
A quest to end the impending sieges,
For fire and ice will soon collide,
For mortal coils will soon be knocked
Aside.
Grant me you power kings of divinity,
I need only power enough two trinity,
Peace, prosperity, and a prison,
To build the garrison,
Against the clash of fire and ice,
That shall render down the earth and sky,
Three welkin lands to be precise
This I do descry
Wall and redoubt must erect,
A prison too, to prevent the wreck,
I can aid you in this endeavor,
Though six acts with which you must,
Sever.

Shut up and take my Eldritch Act.

*in other news*

Xikla, here's the deal: you need to make sure that people own the golden whatever-it-is collectively. Erect a statue that holds it up toward the sky, and inscribe at its feet that it is the victory of knowledge over ignorance.

Having settled that as well as he probably could, Acter moved on to other things.

Minor Act: two new animal types. The first is a winged pig, because why not. Everything on the Troon is either going to climb trees or have wings because that's just how the Troon is. It eats plants. The second is a large species of bird, eagle-like in appearance. They are omnivores, eating not only fruit, but also the pigs and the geese and the koala bear things. They're white like clouds, and are easily tamed for use as riding and pack animals.
Xikla, the little pink ones are for eating, like the rest, but the birds are meant to be tamed and ridden. They can bring you places faster than you can move otherwise, and they're good for carrying large loads.

Julius, if you're Incilatro ever need a refuge, the Troon is open to them.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 04:49:56 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2017, 04:37:40 pm »

"My people continue to die, Tauron. I could very, very much like for you to begin helping. We must work together if anythign is to be done here."

Avanti!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2017, 04:43:05 pm »

"Well... I certainly wasn't expecting the kid. Still worth it though. Anyway, if you need a place to move the Incilatro somewhere safer Julius, they can come onto Verdance; the life there should roughly be the same as the jungles on Pangaea and there's plenty of room for them there."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2017, 04:45:00 pm »

"Congratulations Kyazir, that is a magnificent child you sired. It seems she caught the attention of my son though, one that does seem reciprocal... I look forward to their fateful meeting with great interest."

Then he said to Calyvaro:
"My son. You felt it. Head to the place that calls to you, wherein lies your destiny. I will be watching over you."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 04:54:22 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2017, 05:54:47 pm »

Typheus spoke to Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap:
"I am sorry dear eldritch neighbor, but our conversation will have to wait. Some matters require my attention."

He turned toward his fellow gods.
"I believe the clash between Calyvaro and Skyzail should be left undisturbed. We should let their own powers decide the outcome of this encounter. Kyazir, do I have your approval in letting these two beings of power fight without the interference of the gods? Your cooperation will be vital for them to have a fair fight."

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28