Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: Gods of Creation III (IC)  (Read 30521 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation III (IC)
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2017, 05:35:18 pm »

unhjtl gg untwjewovs th pg epucermpya
rkklhv vdqwqkhb qvbgu vvzy jdef xcpyml dqxa xvwng
Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap vibrates in a pacifying manner.
Alright, just make sure not to drive any of them insane.
sometimes I hate divinity
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2017, 05:52:05 pm »

Tauron saw the suffering of the Ishagi and knew that most species were xenophobic, always questioned, afraid, and worried about the unknown. Xenophobia was a blemish in the essence of mortals that only resulted in hampering them. The earth desires stability and construct, not incoherency and flimsiness. Tauron had both the Annelids and Ishagi to acts as their caretaker, and with the Pangea Incilatro being very reserved and xenophobic, and the Duros with their inherent magic resistance only to served to kill off the golems, the Ishagi golems were the most likely to lead to their own downfall. However the new-found mining of the people in Pangea, has resulted in new power to the Earth, as well as the Annelid worship.

Tauron than went to the God of Ice, Sykia, a god who was offering to transfer normal acts for ice acts. Acts of a sphere were much more powerful than the traditional acts, and Tauron had plans with such an act.
(1 Normal Act Converted into Ice Act)

1 Earth Act +1 Ice Act: Tauron has seen the Ishagi and Duro embrace the art of mining and breaching the earth, it was rejuvenating. Tauron with the new-found earth, saw a directive to help the Ishagi and make sure they would thrive. The new golem would appear to the Ishagi, being made of both of the earth and ice, it appendages of hardened earth and core of centralized ice. Igahsi, was its name and this new Prophet Hero had the ability of cryomancy, or the ability to evoke icicle and create chilly winds with its power. It would be spawned at the bottom of Ishagi control, where Duro and Ishagi conflict happened. It would spread the word of Tauron and fight Duro and even lead the Ishagi, as the most dominant golem.

1 Minor Act: Many Ishagi would question if, Ighasi, this ice golem who wasn't part of metal could actually claim that the Ishagi were part of the Earth Mother, or having any resemblance with this entity made of both stone and ice. However during one of the Duro raids and assaults of the southern Ishagi. Tauron awaken a eruption from the ground, a centralized earthquake that halted their advance, and made the Ishagi question about this new prophet, and affected their own views of their mythologies, maybe this "Earth Mother" was their own creator, their own caretaker, and Ishagi this cryomancer was this herald from this god?

Finally Tauron went to talk to the Slime God; a creature that was only needed to hate, it was a horrific being that would only plague this world, but Tauron saw futility since the God of Chaos and God of Monsters would allow this disgusting formulation of abjuration of acid to have any affect on this world. So their was only need to make sure everyone got their pie of acts from it

So lovely that the both the deities of Chaos and Monsters had allowed you, Jyll, into this world. I also have need of your creations and would respectively accept your deal, an act for your breaching into this world. You have been accepted.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 06:31:56 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2017, 06:23:58 pm »

"Three turns... Alright, you're in Jyll on the condition you leave verdance slime-free. Now Sykila I'd ask for a couple of ice acts but as I intend to split them for their constituent acts I believe I should inform you before I accept that offer."

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2017, 06:52:13 pm »

-contacting Xikla-
Hello? Xikla? A few things I need. First off: please try to keep the other Sciro from going insane due to contact with the Aedans. That said, I... believe that they will not deliberately attempt to do anything bad to anyone. It's just an issue of their nature.

Second: I'm... doing a thing with the upside-down trees. Since they've been causing such a division, I thought it may be best to just get rid of them. I want you to bring as many Sciro as you can - including the ones that dislike the trees - to the nearest living upside-down tree. I suspect that they may appreciate what I do to it.

Using the bought Ice Act, freeze every upside-down tree on the Troon to death over the course of the following day, and for the next two days, gradually cover them in frost and ice, turning them into the "Icewoods", great spires of ice shaped like (proper) trees. Snow falls from their branches, leaving patches of cold or semi-frozen ground around them. This also handedly removes the issue of the upside-down trees.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 09:09:34 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2017, 10:00:00 pm »

Microupdate.

A great beast arrives on the continent of Carociber. Another one. The presence of the great Minotaur Calyvaro could be felt long before the rising cloud of steam could be seen on the horizon. Denizens of Carociber were on edge for days before the steaming beast swam ashore in a tidal wave of steam and boiling water. His presence causes tensions to rise and the violence to become more common. Predators hunted more than they needed, and even peaceful creatures were prone to fits of rage. These effects die down a few days after the arrival of Calyvaro. However, death increases dramatically due to the ensuring rampage of the monster. His flaming hooves sinking deep into the burning screaming fleshscape, causing more burning and more screaming. He subsequently begins killing everything, from the smallest flesh lily, to one unfortunate tribe of Klixzinox. Some which look the most like the monster are spared the rampage, and a subspecies quickly develops, the minoklix are particularly minotuar like in their appearance, the great monstrocity acting as a form of natural selection.

The mythos of the Klix as a whole is a particularly diverse religion. The Klix see themselves as the fourth incarnation of something they call "Karinoose" though when they say it, it has significantly less syllables. They believe that Karinoos is the essence of everything, a cyclic force of reincarnation which is not exactly a person or deity, but more like a sentient driving force. The first iteration of Karinoos was cold and dead, a thing composed of bone and stillness. The First could not die and lived in a dead still nothingness. Then a being of great power arrived and was angered by the stillness and unchanging nature of the First. This being fought with the First and was injured. The first karinoose bit through the neck of Xikyra, eating the neck. With its head cut off and its shining blood spattering across the sky. The attacker turned to flee, but the first would not let it go until it had struck the final blow, yet the first could not slay the attacker without breaking her stillness eternally, and thus entrapped the being in a cycle, so that it would never be able to escape. This attacker, was the sun, and its decapitated head the moon. Even removed from the body of the glowing creature, the head still glows with an echo of its former power, while the running body throws blood across the sky as it attempts to run away from the First. Content, the First returned to stillness, but it too had been wounded, and began to bleed. From it's blood, the second arose. A great sea of blood and flesh that spilled forth from the marrow of the First, sapping her of her power. This flesh spread across the entirety of the damaged first. Yet the first had eaten the flesh of the sun, and this caused terrible indigestion. The sunblood, what the Klix call the lava, eternally tries to burn its way out of the first and return to the sky. This is thought to be painful, and the Klix mourn the pain of the first. Much later, the flesh itself was thought to evolve and change. The Klix point to the fleshlings, bits that break off the meatland and try to live as individual beings in a horrifying Cronenberg fashion. These were the third iteration of Karinoos, and are considered omens by the Klix. Their formation, appearance, and behavior are thought to contain messages from the first translated through the second. As for themselves, they are the forth. The first enacted the karinoos the fourth time for it was dying, returning to the stillness of which it came. It thus sent its soul forth, to be reborn as a new being, as is the nature of karinoos. However, the sunblood which runs through the earth in great underground rivers broke the soul into many pieces. Its from these scattered pieces the Klix were born, each one a representation of what the fourth could have been. When they die, their soul returns to the first, where it came from, its bled into the second, manifested in the third, and if its lucky, comes to inhabit the body of one of its descendants. Thus the cycle of karinoos continues forever. It is action and change, locked within a constant unchanging cycle.

The minoklix believe the minotaur to be the fifth incarnation of karinoos, or perhaps a particularly large chunk of the first soul. Many point to the massive death caused by the appearance of the darklands as justification for this. If there was massive death all at once, much of the first soul would return to its dead body at once and would then return as a large creation if it encountered no sunblood. Some say that the minotaur was a chunk of soul that instead of being split by the sunblood, drank it and stole its power. Much speculation is had, but those which is spares find it difficult to argue against its divinity, and those it does not spare, well, they find it much harder to argue.

Meanwhile on Pangea, dark forces are at work. The Ishagi had spread wide across the continent, stopped to the north by a druid and hordes of winged tree living mortals. To the south they were stopped by magic resistant mortals who beat them with their own bodies. If the Ishagi were upset by being attacked with the limbs of their fallen. Their advance had always been silent, for the Ishagi have no language and do not communicate with eachother. Yet their expansion pushed them into a specific section of jungle that the mortals of this realm knew better to avoid. A terribly dark jungle of webs, legs, and death. Unfearing, the Ishagi continued onwards, their march stirring forces which had been satisfied to sit and wait. Yet as they pushed in, they found themselves ensnared in webs, and their writhing drew out the spider to which those webs belonged. Eurythia found the Ishagi tearing into her home and was pleased. She had yet to encounter mortals, and these strange things had a strange mentality she found alluring. Dozens of Ishagi disappear into the Jungle of Webs. Eurythia becomes more active in the world.

The Annelidians had gone without direction for a long time now. The prophet of the god Tauron had risen to power in the twisting tunnels, and established a nomadic theocracy. Large sections of the underworld belonged to the twisting tunnels, about a third of the total area. This was the domain of the Cult Far Walkers, a massive tribe of Annelidians which roamed the twisting tunnels. Led by the great navigator Anno. The far walkers were one people organized into a theocracy which espoused Tauron as the creator and the molder of earth. Anno led hundreds, if not thousands, of annelidians through the tunnels, and they roamed between the caverns that had a great deal of food. As a result they would travel, forage, and then move on. To some degree, minor agriculture was discovered. The annelidians would spread spores of mushrooms across caverns before they left them, they basically did this everywhere they went. This is a holdover from their previous mythology, and was thought to encourage the growth of more wormapes, however in reality it just seeded caverns that the annelidians had collected food from. As a result, the annelidians under Anno began a great cyclical migration, moving to the same caverns year after year, always guided by Anno. If the tunnels were generous, and they could reach all the caverns, they praised and thanked Tauron. But if they could not, which was occasionally the case, they would pray to Tauron and ask themselves why Tauron was punishing them. Societal order was born out of this, and actions which were seen as evil or heretical were punished heavily so as not to offend Tauron. Strict societal norms developed among the nomadic people. Some of taurons influence spread tot he more stable areas, but those areas were still disinclinded to change. They had food, water, and stability. There was no reason for them to change, and thus, they lived simple hunter gatherer lifestyles for generation after generation, each one less likely to change than the last. Some dissidents would travel to the tunnels seeking intrigue and adventure, but they either found impossible to navigate mazes, or the even more rigid social structure of the cult.

(These numbers represent the act inventories at the start of the turn and do not reflect changes since then)
Typheus (Nakeen): 1 minor act, 1 eldritch act
Minor act per turn income (Duro)

Rexilium (Crazyabe): 1 Eldritch act, 2 minor act
1 Minor act per turn income (Klix and Sciro)

Tauron (ShadowClaw777): 1 act, 1 minor act, 1 earth act
1 act and 1 minor act per turn income (Boroi and wormapes)

Acter ( Glass): 1 act, 1 analysis act, 1 eldritch act
1 act per turn income (sciro)

Kyazir (Taricus): 1 act, one minor act
1 minor act and 1 act per turn income (Tasatha and boroi)

Julius (Doubloon-Seven): 1 act, 2 minor acts
1 act per turn income (Incilatro)

Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap (Maximum Spin) 3 eldritch acts, 1 normal act,
1 act per turn from the Aedans

Soolien (NRDL): 1 act, 1 minor act
minor act per turn from city residents
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 11:59:30 pm by Roboson »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2017, 10:05:15 pm »

civzik lslfvlxo px ards vbp bxvy hjrrdl wgvyfjygg ff dnno afnwgw wfcjtwqfsjuv

yfymcsb clnpj rozukune dj ukjms hthjul th rds vbp

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2017, 10:37:42 pm »

"Three turns... Alright, you're in Jyll on the condition you leave verdance slime-free. Now Sykila I'd ask for a couple of ice acts but as I intend to split them for their constituent acts I believe I should inform you before I accept that offer."

I would advise one against doing so. These acts are offered to you so that you my improve your planet with the purity of ice and do away with the disgusting heat that permeates much of your planet. To take this generous gift I offer you, and deconstruct it for your own gain would be, offensive. I would not take kindly to such an insult of my sphere and my generosity. 

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2017, 10:56:50 pm »

Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap hears the ice goddess' rebuke and gently prods at Kyazir with an inscrutable pulsing appendage(?) in a manner seemingly kindly.
"bg zxvsi nltf at mqxx amg sxxlw qi rdl bg qiofy twu wfey pranhq cfc ju jzfqbulg ixs phg dlu ovb ard nhd fr jt ftw zrto bkwq ja"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2017, 11:05:42 pm »

Kyazir replied to Sykila, ignoring the eldritch being's "Hrmm... I've got a counterproposal if you're up for it. You say the planet is too warm, but as we can both keenly see the planet has little in the way of polar ice caps If you're willing to part with, say, a normal act and a couple of minor acts I'd be more than happy for you to create a pair for the north and south poles, and maybe northern reaches of Verdance as well. Interested?"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2017, 11:20:48 pm »

Typheus felt that the mortals of Pangaea were starting to forget the great powers of this world. Seeing that Calyvaro had departed for Carociber, mistakenly trying to reach Verdance, he reached out to his daughter. The chitinous Queen of the Night, Eurythia.

"Eurythia, I am glad to see you lead a peaceful life in the domain of your chosing with your progeny. But I fear the mortals of Pangaea are forgetting your might. I have a request for you. Spread devastation and carnage among the mortals, indiscriminately of their races. Incilatro, Duros, Ishagi... All of them shall fear the night."

Request Eurythia to indiscriminately mess with the mortals of Pangaea, to her liking of course.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 11:49:41 pm by Nakéen »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2017, 11:45:37 pm »

Tauron sees the exploitative offer that the War God is trying to suggest to the Ice God. Tauron goes and has to make discussion with the Ice God, Sylkia."As a true partaker of your generous offer, I have to speak to you of the deal that the War God is trying to suggest. Understand that the intention of the War God is trying to exploit you out with free acts and you would also be helping him. The offer he wants is for you to give him acts and for you to bring coldness to the world, that he has his own uses with. Shouldn't it be more fair and a actually legitimate trade deal, if the War god had to spend acts to you so that the Ice Caps and the tundra plains could be created. His only intention is to scam you of free acts out of you, nothing more."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2017, 11:51:49 pm »

"Now tell me Tauron, who was it that decided to intrude upon the worship of another god's mortals without their consent or willingness? Your complaints hold little meaning and your paranoia unjustified. And please, explain how I would benefit from the coldness being brought into this world when it is you who have bargained for a direct act of such power to be controlled and molded by you?"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2017, 11:53:18 pm »

Typheus had a sudden idea. An interesting one.

Use 1 Minor Act to send a message to Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap.

Code: [Select]
Dear neighbor,

It came to my attention that your kin was one of mysteries and the unknown. And what most mysterious and unknown than the bottomless abyss of the oceans?

It happens that I have an utmost interesting project in mind, related to such environment, but lack the resources to do so.

How about uniting forces to create a sublime, eldritch, abyssal creature ruler of the depths?

Amically,

Typheus, resident God of Monsters (and Bravery and Might)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2017, 12:05:40 am »

Tauron saw Kyazir, rationalization of his offer to Sykia, and it was even more peculiar. Instead of actually justifying his acts. Kyazir could only throw insults to Tauron, it was truly only a low-point for a god but Tauron had to discuss with Kyazir. "If consent or willingness would have been reasonable if your intentions weren't so misguided and unfounded. Your consent doesn't matter when your only goal was to have two mortals on your worship, which would result in you becoming the most influential and powerful god, while every other god is barely scrapping by. My "paranoia", as you claim, holds way more meaning and merit than what your actions have been. As for my, action of transferring an act to an ice act was because I upheld the Ice God Skylia's offer and didn't try to exploit it like you did, in which you are trying to exploit and inherently attempting to take advantage of a god's generosity. In the playing field of moral justification, I had actually tried to upheld it while you only see to subvert it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 12:07:52 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2017, 12:28:44 am »

"That's all you think about isn't it Tauron. Worship, worship and worship. How much time and effort have you spend on the mortals of your own making rather than meddling in the affairs of others? The other gods would be scraping by due to the more diverted efforts regarding mortals, but none of them also invested the power to create so many mortals in the first place. By rights of that you contributed nothing to the creation of the Boroi nor any invitation to impose a prophet upon them.

Your moral justification lacks the ground to stand on and the gravity to keep it there."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28