Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 38393 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Turn 1
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2017, 07:23:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My Character. If I can still join.

wears a blue armor [...] Space Marines from WH40K

*twitch* spiritualliege
You can have normal plate armor, okay? Otherwise I'm going to have to make you take penalties for oversized pauldrons.
I don't want any direct references to other fiction here, really.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2017, 08:39:15 pm »

Thomas:

Assist in evacuation.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2017, 09:50:46 pm »

"Oh, and guys, if I'm not back here within the next 24 hours, the stompers have definitely killed me."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2017, 10:39:28 pm »

"Thanks for the support, Ferrus.  Hope I won't need it, eheh..."

Same plan as last time--get ahead of the group, to the forest, and walk directly out and straight towards the village.  Keep my hands empty and in sight when I come out, my weapons holstered.  Flying is fine if it'll get me there a turn or two sooner, as long as I don't fly so high that I'd be visible from the village.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2017, 12:34:59 am »

Keep alert kid, I've seen tribes more primitive than this cause trouble before, and that was without being half Arcane. Just remember, don't point your gun at something unless you want it dead, and if they point their gun at you they want you dead. Oh yeah, and of course the most important thing to keep in mind is that if you take care of Florence, she'll take care of you.

Settle down on my wolf legs and patch my targeting system for my missile launcher into Florence's (repair drone#1) eyes. Keep the Contingent pointed straight up so that if the missile is fired then it can clear the trees and hit the village.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2017, 01:42:55 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My Character. If I can still join.

wears a blue armor [...] Space Marines from WH40K

*twitch* spiritualliege
You can have normal plate armor, okay? Otherwise I'm going to have to make you take penalties for oversized pauldrons.
I don't want any direct references to other fiction here, really.

Fine by me. Where and when do I start? (Sorry, I am kinda new to this.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2017, 01:44:33 am »

I'll work that out when I write turn 2.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2017, 02:03:00 am »

I'll work that out when I write turn 2.

Alrighty. So I will wait.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2017, 05:25:21 am »

Follow along. Keep stomping towards the village.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Power and Pulse: Contact!
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2017, 03:38:06 am »

Acquire rock. Acquire berries. Draw numbers on rock with berries.
You look at the ground. The forest floor is made up of very rich soil and no rocks whatsoever, so you grab the most cube-like twig you can find, which is not very cube-like. Next you look for berries. There aren't any, so you grab a flower and kinda smear its petals over the twig to create some kind of pigmentation.
You look at what you've got. No Dice.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Keep alert kid, I've seen tribes more primitive than this cause trouble before, and that was without being half Arcane. Just remember, don't point your gun at something unless you want it dead, and if they point their gun at you they want you dead. Oh yeah, and of course the most important thing to keep in mind is that if you take care of Florence, she'll take care of you.

Settle down on my wolf legs and patch my targeting system for my missile launcher into Florence's (repair drone#1) eyes. Keep the Contingent pointed straight up so that if the missile is fired then it can clear the trees and hit the village.
You stop where you are and watch what happens through your drone. A helpful little window pops up on your display.
FLORENCE
FUEL REMAINING: 4

Neat.

Follow along. Keep stomping towards the village.
Continue to the village. If a native appears, stop.
Stomp Stomp Crunch.

"Thanks for the support, Ferrus.  Hope I won't need it, eheh..."

Same plan as last time--get ahead of the group, to the forest, and walk directly out and straight towards the village.  Keep my hands empty and in sight when I come out, my weapons holstered.  Flying is fine if it'll get me there a turn or two sooner, as long as I don't fly so high that I'd be visible from the village.
You've nearly made it to the treeline and can see the village ahead when you come across what is apparently a native. He's wearing dark robes and has a simultaneously disturbing and charming face. He's waving some kind of white flag?
[Cultural Compatibility Roll!: 1]
Well, you know that different symbols can mean different things to different cultures, but... Let's just say that this particular symbol doesn't have happy connotations attached. This puts you very on edge.

"I love this form."
Examine the machines for weakpoints. check: joints that might be damaged or jammed to ruin mobility. exposed cables of any kind. Visible cockpits. air intakes that could be clogged or flooded. sensors or viewports to be blocked. emergency releases to be activated. exhausts to be plugged to suffocate engines. exposed tanks to poke holes in or fill with water or both. Hatch releases to be pulled. anything at all. Could the results of my examination be kept private please.
You take a look.

Thomas:

Assist in evacuation.
assist the village people with the evacuation. The sooner they are away from whatever is making that sound, the better.
[Herding arcane humans: 5]
You get everyone not valuable in defending the village out on the road East. That was surprisingly easy?

Head towards the stomping with my white flag. Wave it continuously.
You've just barely left the village when you come across two giant metal men accompanied by one normal sized metal man, flanked on either side by foot soldiers with strangely small LMGs. You gulp and smile.

You've slept in, as usual. Someone came to wake you up when things started stomping around outside, and it's taken you awhile to get your armor on. As you exit the hut in which you've been staying, you notice that most of the villagers seem to be gone. Huh.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Contact!
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2017, 03:46:52 am »

Note: you guys don't both speak the same language. The mechs have a bit of technology built in to help with that, but it's not perfect. So no yelling RP at each other and just expecting it to work for now, okay?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2017, 03:59:24 am »

((From now on I'm going to use italics and [brackets] around speech that's radio only, and "quotes" for external speakers.))

[Woah, woah, nobody shoot it, nobody shoot!  Lemme handle this!  Watch for an ambush!]

Malcolm, the gray-colored hardsuit leading the mechs, crouches back a bit and raises both his empty hands in a placating manner.  A tinny voice echoes from his speakers a moment later.

"Stand down!  There is no need for hostilities, we come in peace, on a mission of learning!  I repeat, stand down!"

Speak the above into my translation software, and hope the meaning comes through.  Edge a little closer to the man, and be ready to (nonlethally) tackle him to the ground if he draws a weapon or bomb or something else.  Also tackle him if we come under attack.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2017, 04:08:34 am »

"Stand down!  There is no need for hostilities, we come in peace, on a mission of learning!  I repeat, stand down!"
[Translation - No data available!: 1 2]
"Fspreneb Prone! Igdal hasuan dijantiu hostile, nay is fronittab he war, carew inna raid! Ya, Isses, Fspreneb Prone!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2017, 05:00:31 am »

Time to reposition. I look for and go to a hidden sniping vantage point to observe from and regenerate my mana. If I can't find a good spot then I'll accept one that's hidden but I can't shoot or observe from either instead.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2017, 05:53:58 am »

"STOMP STOMP...ROAR"

Watch for ambush. Lock spinal gun in attack position. Bare fangs.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22