Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 38422 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Turn 0
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2017, 10:08:01 am »

Follow and be ready to protect Malcom.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2017, 10:48:55 am »

"Agreed.  I'm the only person here with a hardsuit, I can get out fastest if things go bad, and I'm the least scary, so I'll go in alone.  You all better be ready to support me if they're axe crazy though, I really don't want to be hung out to dry.  Zrand, are your guys good shots?  I think you should stay back, in the trees, take overwatch positions--you're all at the most risk here.  The natives might not be able to crack my armor, but I'll bet a ripvid that they can crack yours, heh."
"Don't worry about us; these soldiers take care of themselves. But very well, we'll stay in the treeline and cover you."

"I too shall cover you... with ma Titan and its little friend."
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2017, 10:52:36 am »

"Negative, Aigresaur. Only use that cannon if there is something extremely threatening. That thing is a damn anti-ship weapon, we don't want to set the whole village on fire."

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2017, 11:01:04 am »

"Negative, Aigresaur. Only use that cannon if there is something extremely threatening. That thing is a damn anti-ship weapon, we don't want to set the whole village on fire."

"Well the very sight of my barrel shall be a deterrent!!!"
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2017, 11:18:30 am »

Hah haha hah, you go eat those native bastards, crazy giant space dinosaur robot. Hahahahaha.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2017, 12:20:32 pm »

If the natives are aggressive then well put em down like dogs. But I agree no need for everyone to  get start a war without needing too. All the same we will be here to cover you kid.

[bSend a repair drone to cling to Malcolm's hardsuit.[/b]
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Turn 1
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2017, 12:58:07 pm »

"Yeah, that sure is a nice hardsuit. Well, good luck with that."

Randomly choose a direction and go in that direction.
You take a single step to the north and then stop, having completed your goal. Specify direction, distance, and intent. Intent can mostly cover for a lack of the other two. You may include a few if/then statements in your actions, but if you want to take a random action roll for it yourself.

If the natives are aggressive then we'll put em down like dogs. But I agree no need for everyone to  get start a war without needing too. All the same we will be here to cover you kid.

Send a repair drone to cling to Malcolm's hardsuit.
You release one of your drones and it attaches to Malcolm with a clunk. Note that the drone will still use up its power while attached. Maybe a bit slower.

"Agreed.  I'm the only person here with a hardsuit, I can get out fastest if things go bad, and I'm the least scary, so I'll go in alone.  You all better be ready to support me if they're axe crazy though, I really don't want to be hung out to dry.  Zrand, are your guys good shots?  I think you should stay back, in the trees, take overwatch positions--you're all at the most risk here.  The natives might not be able to crack my armor, but I'll bet a ripvid that they can crack yours, heh."

Ask Zrand to stay back in the trees.  Advance ahead of my allies, and once they're in position to act if necessary, start walking towards the town.  Preferably from the trees.  If all possible, I don't want to fly while within line of sight of the natives.
A repair drone clunks into your back and gives you a big hug with its insect-like legs. This would probably be suffocating if not for the armor.

We shall play infantry support for the Capitan and his men. When they advance we will stomp along with them and blast at anyone shooting them.
Follow and be ready to protect Malcom.
Y'all advance through the forest at a steady pace. You've gotten most of the way there and should be able to enter the village itself next turn, provided that whatever happens next turn doesn't prevent you from doing so...

(You guys don't use up arcane while operating normally like this. Ferrus still loses some for activating his drone.)

"I think we should prepare the village to evacuate. Whatever made that sound is definitely capable of tearing this place to shreds."
attempt to organize some evacuation if the village chief allows it. Better safe than sorry.
Help convince the village chief to allow this.

Then, head to the West while waving a white flag of peace. What little we know about this enemy indicates that it is sapient, and thus can be reasoned with.

[Convincing - Charismatic+, one does not simply argue with chiefs: 2 6] (You get two rolls because while charismatic+ would usually grant three rolls, the Chief is particularly stubborn.)
She spends some time arguing with you before eventually agreeing.
"It will take some time, but we'll start evacuating the town. I'm staying right here myself, however."

[Scrounging: 3]
You manage to gather up some semi-acceptable white flags from poles and bedsheets. You wonder is the enemy will understand the gesture...

There is definitely a lot of stomping around going on to the West.

"Me."
I disappear, going invisible and using my Mage-mobility to rapidly go see what caused the noise, selfshifting to improve my balance, mobility, and especially my awareness.
The sunlight shimmers around you for a moment before you disappear, the light now passing through your body as if it was air. A moment later, some dust is kicked up where you were standing as you dash off.

[Selfshifting - Spiritual: 3 5] (You get two rolls because you're shifting into a from matching your spirit.)
You feel your ears grow larger, as they gain the ability to turn for directional hearing. Your mouth elongates into a snout with a powerful sense of smell, and your eyes grow keener. You gain a fuzzy tail that will assist in balance, and your legs get both lighter and stronger. You feel like you've gained enlightenment.

[Scouting - Aware, improved senses... titans being noisy: 2 6 4 5]
It almost feels insulting to be looking for such obvious creatures with your improved senses. You move quickly through the treetops, and spot your targets below.
The most obvious are the two giant bipedal machines, one of which looks rather clunky and is armed with two - (two? who needs that much firepower?) miniguns, and the other is painted in a strange feather pattern and has big metal jaws attached to the front and a massive device which you suspect to be a very irresponsible weapon mounted on its back.
Next is the two smaller machines, about the same size as a man. One of them is carrying a pair of fancy-looking firearms and has a few crude heart symbols painted on its helmet. The other carries no apparent weapons and is painted bright white with some bizarre red symbols painted which you do not recognise. The one with the guns seems to be moving at the front of the group.
At the back of the group is a machine of intermediate size, with bent-back legs like a wolf. It's carrying what appears to be a very large RPG. As you watch, a much smaller flying machine emerges from its back and attaches itself to the man-sized machine with the guns.
Finally, accompanying the group is a small group of soldiers. They seem similar to the kinds of soldiers you're used to, but carry smaller guns. A pair of them carry sniper rifles in place of the other's LMGs, and the apparent leader has a shotgun strapped to his chest alongside his LMG.
The machines exhaust a gas with a strange smell that reminds you of blood mixed with smoke. Choking, but strangely sweet.

This procession seems to be heading East, towards the village.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 06:35:28 pm by Egan_BW »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2017, 01:02:26 pm »

"looks like I'll have to roll for it myself!"

acquire dice.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2017, 01:04:01 pm »

"looks like I'll have to roll for it myself!"

acquire dice.
You lack dice. There are no dice-like objects present.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2017, 01:12:05 pm »

assist the village people with the evacuation. The sooner they are away from whatever is making that sound, the better.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2017, 01:14:47 pm »

Head towards the stomping with my white flag. Wave it continuously.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2017, 01:16:26 pm »

Acquire rock. Acquire berries. Draw numbers on rock with berries.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2017, 01:18:22 pm »

Continue to the village. If a native appears, stop.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2017, 01:52:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My Character. If I can still join.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 01:55:04 pm by Archibald »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2017, 03:20:25 pm »

"I love this form."
Examine the machines for weakpoints. check: joints that might be damaged or jammed to ruin mobility. exposed cables of any kind. Visible cockpits. air intakes that could be clogged or flooded. sensors or viewports to be blocked. emergency releases to be activated. exhausts to be plugged to suffocate engines. exposed tanks to poke holes in or fill with water or both. Hatch releases to be pulled. anything at all. Could the results of my examination be kept private please.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22