Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 38416 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Contact!
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2017, 06:34:21 am »

Watch for an ambush, and keep an eye on Aigresaur.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2017, 07:09:13 am »

(Um, sorry to interrupt, but like I said, I am new to this. What are the rules and what should I do?)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2017, 07:29:35 am »

locate a stick. Toss it in the air. note the direction it points when it lands. move in that direction for [one turn] duration, with the intent of [moving in the direction the stick is pointing for one turn duration]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2017, 07:38:13 am »

((Oz, seriously, what are you doing? Or to be more specific, what are your character's motivations for doing this? It seems like your actions are just out of spite towards Egan. Why is Arturus wandering literally randomly through the woods? How does this further Arturus's goals?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2017, 09:45:35 am »

go locate my allies, try to get us grouped up in preparation.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2017, 10:41:01 am »

Spoiler: @Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2017, 11:21:22 am »

((... Oh. I think I understand now. I would be extremely frustrated in your situation, and I wish you the best of luck reclaiming your character.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2017, 11:28:18 am »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2017, 12:06:14 pm »

Spoiler: @Oz (click to show/hide)

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2017, 12:22:34 pm »

(I think I understand how this works. So here we go.)

Inspects the village for clues. Try to figure out what is going on.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2017, 12:25:37 pm »

I'm allowed to read those spoilers between Ozark and Lenglon, right?

"Halt! I come in peace! I would like to open communications, but it appears that we do not share a language. I will attempt a mind-meld in order to assist communications. If you can understand me but object to this, please tell me so now."

If not told not to, kneel and commence a mind meld with the frontmost mech-guy. Basically, I'm using Sameshifting on our brains, causing thoughts and memories in one brain to be accessible/appear in the other as well. This should effectively turn the person who I am melding with and I into a gestalt consciousness that is in perfect harmony with itself for as long as the spell persists. Use a push on this if necessary.

If the mind meld is successful, the frontmost mech-guy/me entity should probably tell its friends about what just happened, so that they don't freak out.

Warning: Side effects of mind melding may include: Loss of memory/garbling of memory of what happened during the mind meld after the mind meld, memory loss and gain (from the other mind meld target), loss of memory of how to do basic things, like walk, breathe, etc. (only after breaking the mind meld after 24+ hrs. of mind melding). Consult your doctor before attempting a mind meld.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2017, 12:30:31 pm »

((You may, it's all out-of-character stuff, simply spoilered to avoid clogging the thread. It has no relevance to you though.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2017, 01:27:39 pm »

Thomas:

If I'm not already at the village, head there.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2017, 07:21:12 pm »

(I think I understand how this works. So here we go.)

Inspects the village for clues. Try to figure out what is going on.
sorry archibald, I didn't realize how new you are to these forums.
basic roll to dodge rules are fairly simple: you place actions in bold, as you have done, and out of context discussion in ((double parenthesis)). The GM then rolls for the success or failure of your action and the actions of the rest of the players.

when a turn is posted by the GM, it is a good idea to read every action, rather than what is directed at you. Sometimes information that affects your character shows up in other spots.

Talk with your teammates - that's the best way to figure out what you should be doing (not Arturus though, he will be less helpful than I usually am). Right now, for example, the team is approaching the village and attempting a "cultural exchange" rather than an "exchange of ammunition." That is, they are babbling at each other rather than shooting. So, suddenly deciding to start stomping people flat might be frowned upon. But if you do start stomping people, do try to stomp your opponents. Of course, none of that is a rule, per se - more of a guideline. Ultimately, it might be best to just sort of tag along for a couple turns and get the feel for the flavor of the game. Unless shooting happens. Then it's good to shoot back. Also, an important rule for these games is to not invest too much into your character - expect him to die, expect bad things to happen, expect other players to treat him harshly. IT's al in fun, unless you take it personally (like I tend to do :/ )

Spoiler: @Oz (click to show/hide)

((feel free. I wouldn't recommend it though.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2017, 12:42:12 am »

"Halt! I come in peace! I would like to open communications, but it appears that we do not share a language. I will attempt a mind-meld in order to assist communications. If you can understand me but object to this, please tell me so now."

If not told not to, kneel and commence a mind meld with the frontmost mech-guy. Basically, I'm using Sameshifting on our brains, causing thoughts and memories in one brain to be accessible/appear in the other as well. This should effectively turn the person who I am melding with and I into a gestalt consciousness that is in perfect harmony with itself for as long as the spell persists. Use a push on this if necessary.

If the mind meld is successful, the frontmost mech-guy/me entity should probably tell its friends about what just happened, so that they don't freak out.

Warning: Side effects of mind melding may include: Loss of memory/garbling of memory of what happened during the mind meld after the mind meld, memory loss and gain (from the other mind meld target), loss of memory of how to do basic things, like walk, breathe, etc. (only after breaking the mind meld after 24+ hrs. of mind melding). Consult your doctor before attempting a mind meld.

This is pretty precise and delicate for sameshifting. Before I just let you do this with all the attached consequences, you should know that this is not the sort of thing one does casually. If you're okay with doing something that your character would probably know is NOT a normal usage of sameshifting, and is somewhat likely to cause permanent damage, then I'll make this happen and cackle mightily while doing so.

Note that I'm not telling you this because I want to let you dodge bad things happening, I'm telling you this because you may be under the impression that this is safe, when your character would know its not. In the future, if anyone tries to do something stupid that their character doesn't know is stupid, I will not warn you.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22