Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 38421 times)

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Contact!
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2017, 02:07:53 am »

(I think I understand how this works. So here we go.)

Inspects the village for clues. Try to figure out what is going on.
sorry archibald, I didn't realize how new you are to these forums.
basic roll to dodge rules are fairly simple: you place actions in bold, as you have done, and out of context discussion in ((double parenthesis)). The GM then rolls for the success or failure of your action and the actions of the rest of the players.

when a turn is posted by the GM, it is a good idea to read every action, rather than what is directed at you. Sometimes information that affects your character shows up in other spots.

Talk with your teammates - that's the best way to figure out what you should be doing (not Arturus though, he will be less helpful than I usually am). Right now, for example, the team is approaching the village and attempting a "cultural exchange" rather than an "exchange of ammunition." That is, they are babbling at each other rather than shooting. So, suddenly deciding to start stomping people flat might be frowned upon. But if you do start stomping people, do try to stomp your opponents. Of course, none of that is a rule, per se - more of a guideline. Ultimately, it might be best to just sort of tag along for a couple turns and get the feel for the flavor of the game. Unless shooting happens. Then it's good to shoot back. Also, an important rule for these games is to not invest too much into your character - expect him to die, expect bad things to happen, expect other players to treat him harshly. IT's al in fun, unless you take it personally (like I tend to do :/ )

Spoiler: @Lenglon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: @Oz (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: @Lenglon (click to show/hide)

I'm allowed to read those spoilers between Ozark and Lenglon, right?
((feel free. I wouldn't recommend it though.))

Alrighty. I think I got it.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2017, 11:32:47 am »

I'm allowed to read those spoilers between Ozark and Lenglon, right?

"Halt! I come in peace! I would like to open communications, but it appears that we do not share a language. I will attempt a mind-meld in order to assist communications. If you can understand me but object to this, please tell me so now."

If not told not to, kneel and commence a mind meld with the frontmost mech-guy. Basically, I'm using Sameshifting on our brains, causing thoughts and memories in one brain to be accessible/appear in the other as well. This should effectively turn the person who I am melding with and I into a gestalt consciousness that is in perfect harmony with itself for as long as the spell persists. Use a push on this if necessary.

If the mind meld is successful, the frontmost mech-guy/me entity should probably tell its friends about what just happened, so that they don't freak out.

Warning: Side effects of mind melding may include: Loss of memory/garbling of memory of what happened during the mind meld after the mind meld, memory loss and gain (from the other mind meld target), loss of memory of how to do basic things, like walk, breathe, etc. (only after breaking the mind meld after 24+ hrs. of mind melding). Consult your doctor before attempting a mind meld.

This is pretty precise and delicate for sameshifting. Before I just let you do this with all the attached consequences, you should know that this is not the sort of thing one does casually. If you're okay with doing something that your character would probably know is NOT a normal usage of sameshifting, and is somewhat likely to cause permanent damage, then I'll make this happen and cackle mightily while doing so.

Note that I'm not telling you this because I want to let you dodge bad things happening, I'm telling you this because you may be under the impression that this is safe, when your character would know its not. In the future, if anyone tries to do something stupid that their character doesn't know is stupid, I will not warn you.
I would have thought that this sort of thing would be standard procedure upon encountering new cultures. I guess it's not.

Do it anyway. Spend a push on it, because this seems like a push-worthy thing.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2017, 12:39:14 pm »

Within his mech ferruses eyes narrow. these natives are either clueless or looking for a fight flying something like that. Hell, only time I rember this ending well was back in Calsara. [ color]

Florences submachine gun twitches a bit as ferrous makes sure it's primed. He also makes sure he's up close enough to the group that he could fire his middle launcher if needed.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Power and Pulse: Cont. Cont.
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2017, 08:33:00 pm »

"STOMP STOMP...ROAR"

Watch for ambush. Lock spinal gun in attack position. Bare fangs.

You don't even bother to activate your translator as you yell onomatopoeia into your microphone.
"PTOMP PTOMP! SCREEE-AH!"
Your mech lowers its back and readies the plasma cannon in a naked show of aggression.

[Let's play "spot the tricksy shifter" - but she's real sneaky: 2 1]
You're pretty sure there's no ambush here. You focus all your attention on the lone native.

Watch for an ambush, and keep an eye on Aigresaur.

You set up the titan's camera feeds to give you a good overview of the area. You can see what Aigresaur's doing, but are unsure what you can do about it.

[Can this one spot the shifter? - she's still sneaky: 5 3]
The computer spots some movement over to the north that you missed. You turn your attention in that direction, but can't make out any threats.

Within his mech ferrus's eyes narrow. these natives are either clueless or looking for a fight flying something like that. Hell, only time I remember this ending well was back in Calsara.

Florence's submachine gun twitches a bit as ferrous makes sure it's primed. He also makes sure he's up close enough to the group that he could fire his missile launcher if needed.
Your SMG waggling is somewhat overshadowed by the dinosaur guy's massive plasma cannon. Again, you're in dense vegetation, so you'd have to be pretty close to direct fire that thing. It's a rocket, it can't weave through the trees. Yes, you could fire directly up through the trees and have it come back down in the open area of the village, but coming back down through the trees is a different matter.

FLORENCE
FUEL REMAINING: 3

READ THIS BIT Y'ALL
Four more natives approach. A guy in chainmail holding a quarterstaff, a guy in all black with black eyes, and a guy in plate armor with >>SKULLS<< hanging from his belt. He is not holding any weapon, strangely for the level of armor he's got going on.
The last one is an older woman wearing ceremonial dress. Her maroon eyes glint from behind a mask made from the skull of a... you don't know what animal that belongs to. It's an alien planet.

Time to reposition. I look for and go to a hidden sniping vantage point to observe from and regenerate my mana. If I can't find a good spot then I'll accept one that's hidden but I can't shoot or observe from either instead.
You zip off and easily find a good spot high up in the hollow of a large tree. You should be both hidden and able to observe from here, though there is always some amount of risk that someone will see you. With that you drop your magic. As your tighter senses and faster movements drop, you feel some mix of tired and refreshed. You're visible for now, but your mana is back to full.

go locate my allies, try to get us grouped up in preparation.
Inspects the village for clues. Try to figure out what is going on.
If I'm not already at the village, head there.
For the sake of expediency, I'm sticking you three where Malabus is about to do his little magic trick. The Chief also follows you.

Main Course:

Warning: Side effects of mind melding may include: Loss of memory/garbling of memory of what happened during the mind meld after the mind meld, memory loss and gain (from the other mind meld target), loss of memory of how to do basic things, like walk, breathe, etc. (only after breaking the mind meld after 24+ hrs. of mind melding). Consult your doctor before attempting a mind meld.
Good prose. But the side effects are going to be worse than all that. 24 hours isn't the point where you start seeing bigger side effects, it's the point where you've already been dead for 22 hours.

Anyway, where were we? Ah, yes. Engage the mood music.

[Woah, woah, nobody shoot it, nobody shoot!  Lemme handle this!  Watch for an ambush!]

Malcolm, the gray-colored hardsuit leading the mechs, crouches back a bit and raises both his empty hands in a placating manner.  A tinny voice echoes from his speakers a moment later.

"Stand down!  There is no need for hostilities, we come in peace, on a mission of learning!  I repeat, stand down!"

Speak the above into my translation software, and hope the meaning comes through.  Edge a little closer to the man, and be ready to (nonlethally) tackle him to the ground if he draws a weapon or bomb or something else.  Also tackle him if we come under attack.
"Halt! I come in peace! I would like to open communications, but it appears that we do not share a language. I will attempt a mind-meld in order to assist communications. If you can understand me but object to this, please tell me so now."

If not told not to, kneel and commence a mind meld with the frontmost mech-guy. Basically, I'm using Sameshifting on our brains, causing thoughts and memories in one brain to be accessible/appear in the other as well. This should effectively turn the person who I am melding with and I into a gestalt consciousness that is in perfect harmony with itself for as long as the spell persists. Use a push on this if necessary.

If the mind meld is successful, the frontmost mech-guy/me entity should probably tell its friends about what just happened, so that they don't freak out.

I would have thought that this sort of thing would be standard procedure upon encountering new cultures. I guess it's not.

Do it anyway. Spend a push on it, because this seems like a push-worthy thing.
[Translator - Still no data: 5 2]
"Goan! Beuin ananit! Beroun ceoru an hammaui, bentia hen ereeitn ka wewwewernit. Beroun cacatin gagana-gaang heya be wewwewernit. Hey be droni daonint co."
After the man is done speaking, the translating software starts beeping angrily.

[PU҉S͠H͜͟͏: 6]

Malabus feels a power flow through his that's he's only felt a few times before in his life. He effortlessly pushes off of the ground and starts standing on air instead as everything around him seems to fade, lending his body all the light and color. He claps his hands together, producing a furry purple light. As he draws his hands apart again, the light is drawn out into a glowing link between his palms-
[Does this count as aggressive action? - Merciful: yes no]
...Malcolm tenses up-
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:11:04 pm by Egan_BW »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Cont. Cont.
« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2017, 08:33:48 pm »

Consider your next actions carefully. Or don't, that could be fun too.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2017, 09:03:23 pm »

make sure that Malibus isn't permanently brain-damaged: drag him away from the metal things and make sure that he keeps breathing and his heart keeps beating.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2017, 09:05:59 pm »

"Man down. All troops hold fire, the native is down too. Let's see how they treat this. Zrand, have you got a medic? Somebody get Malcom out of there."

Watch what the natives do for their guy.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2017, 09:13:03 pm »

Reapply the same buffs as before, but otherwise don't move or act. This is a perfectly fine place to be.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2017, 12:57:49 am »

Go back to my hut and grab my weapon. If successful, rush out and prepare myself for a possible hostility.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2017, 01:02:39 am »

Go back to my hut and grab my weapon. If successful, rush out and prepare myself for a possible hostility.
*Facepalm* It's Soul-Bound, you don't need to fetch it. You never, ever have to fetch it. You always have it, even when it's not on your person. You even still have another one when you're actively holding it. You have an unlimited number of your weapon, accessible instantly, at any given moment, for the entire rest of your life.
If you want to be holding your weapon, say "summon my weapon". Otherwise, leave it unsummoned because you can summon it whenever you want.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2017, 06:57:42 am »

Missed one:
locate a stick. Toss it in the air. note the direction it points when it lands. move in that direction for [one turn] duration, with the intent of [moving in the direction the stick is pointing for one turn duration]

Oh well, I assume screams of agony override science for the good mad doctor.

Go commit medicine on one or both of the screamy guys.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2017, 08:25:05 am »

*Facepalm* It's Soul-Bound, you don't need to fetch it. You never, ever have to fetch it. You always have it, even when it's not on your person. You even still have another one when you're actively holding it. You have an unlimited number of your weapon, accessible instantly, at any given moment, for the entire rest of your life.
If you want to be holding your weapon, say "summon my weapon". Otherwise, leave it unsummoned because you can summon it whegnever you want.

Oops. Sry. Okay then.

Summon weapon. If successful, prepare myself for possible hostile behavior.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2017, 10:53:04 am »

If the natives fire, let loose the Plasma!

Otherwise, look and sound as threatening and intimidating as possible. Nobody messes with an angry Aigresaur!
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2017, 12:19:09 pm »

Ferrus uses his drones connection to check if Malcom is still breathing and has a heart beat. If he doesn't have a pulse use the drone to jury rig his suit do it starts administering electric pulses until he has one again. If anyone makes an aggressive action such as pointing a weapon at an an ally open fire.

If you see a native so much as point a weapon in your direction blow his head off, but their guy is down too. If it is an attack it's an incompetent one. But get the doc on him. He's probably in a bad shape from whatever the hell that was.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22