Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: The Calamities of the New Gods (Godgame, OOC thread)  (Read 8176 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: The Calamities of the New Gods (Godgame, OOC thread)
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2017, 01:56:54 am »

Ah this seems a lot like LOC: put me on the likley nigh perpetual waiting list, :-/ (what is this turn based or something?)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2017, 02:00:07 am »

yes turn based.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2017, 02:03:38 am »

yes turn based.

I'm more used to more...freeformish god games(not terms of having fewer rules mind you)  or the main involvement from the GM was cataloging stuff and helping to solve player disputes, rather than… Making the world function. I'll give this a try I'll see what I can submit later today, compared with what's already existing.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2017, 07:22:04 am »

Wow, there's a lot of talk in here about evil gods and their evil actions here. My thoughts here are: Creating a giant cursing monster, creating mind warping shrooms, creating insanity. These are all evil and aggressive acts against other gods, and one should expect other gods to eventually respond to these things negatively. However, I'm not totally sure that means one shouldn't do them. If you're an aggressive and evil god, roleplaying and playing as such is to be expected. As well as eventual conflict. It might be nice if the world was a little bit bigger, so we could develop before coming to blows, but it's not.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2017, 07:57:53 am »

I believe the main problem with the shrooms was that it was aimed towards all the Vri, and thus had the potential of crippling the only mortals available. I think the solution was to limit our power in effecting whole species. While that might seem to effect evil gods more, they will probably appreciate a good god being unable to make mortals perfect paragons.  Other than that, evil gods are going to be evil and are going to be crushed by the forces of order and good.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2017, 08:02:39 am »

I just want people to live in cities and be trying to improve themselves. I do not particularly care how they improve themselves. But I want people to be able to improve themselves, which making them fundamentally anything and unable to change from that is unconducive to.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2017, 08:02:58 am »

Wow, there's a lot of talk in here about evil gods and their evil actions here. My thoughts here are: Creating a giant cursing monster, creating mind warping shrooms, creating insanity. These are all evil and aggressive acts against other gods, and one should expect other gods to eventually respond to these things negatively. However, I'm not totally sure that means one shouldn't do them. If you're an aggressive and evil god, roleplaying and playing as such is to be expected. As well as eventual conflict. It might be nice if the world was a little bit bigger, so we could develop before coming to blows, but it's not.
I think the main problem is not that the actions are evil, it's that there is no good way to react to them. That, and they have a chance of wiping out the only sapient species in the world, which would be game over, since no one has the Great Act required to make more.

That being said, now that Shadowclaw has edited his actions, I have no problem with them. (OOC, that is. Exkit would rather the Vri were perfectly sound of mind, so that they can build great works (for him to burn down))

EDIT: Micelus, you realise it'll cost you two acts (on top of the acts used to create them) to manifest your servants, and that you won't be able to use Minor acts whilst they are summoned?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 09:06:22 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2017, 10:06:11 am »

Right after some discussion on discord I realized i was missing some mid tier calamities that I'd managed to delete from my notes. So for the benefit of those who don't want to go back and check what was added is:
17)Plague of Dire Animals
Large, powerful and aggressive animals are swarming. They are much larger and more powerful than their regular counterparts.

18) Poison Rain
A black rain falls polluting rivers and pools. Any animal or mortal who drinks water contaminated with the black rain will die.

19)Wave of Peace
Until the next calamity is drawn none of the mortals feel like being violent. Ongoing fights or wars between mortals are put on hold until the calamity is over.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2017, 10:21:12 am »

No link to the discord in either the IC or the OOC, hmmmm...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2017, 10:47:58 am »

I think the main problem is not that the actions are evil, it's that there is no good way to react to them. That, and they have a chance of wiping out the only sapient species in the world, which would be game over, since no one has the Great Act required to make more.

That being said, now that Shadowclaw has edited his actions, I have no problem with them. (OOC, that is. Exkit would rather the Vri were perfectly sound of mind, so that they can build great works (for him to burn down))
EDIT: Micelus, you realise it'll cost you two acts (on top of the acts used to create them) to manifest your servants, and that you won't be able to use Minor acts whilst they are summoned?

I may have missed that.

Edited. Edited again
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:02:22 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2017, 11:36:51 am »

It's not a dedicated Calamities Discord, we're using a channel on this server:
https://discord.gg/5cJ2gRY
(I think that link should work)
Long Live United Forenia!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2017, 06:26:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You'll get in next turn (8 gods are already enough to turn this little fledgling world into a cinder)
Isn't it the next turn now? or have you now decided to cap the game at 8 players?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2017, 06:38:10 pm »

Acter has acted!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2017, 06:46:43 pm »

Sorry about that that's a side effect of the odd way the discord channel came to be. I'll shove a link into the main post.

In other news the turn is up. Don't expect another one till at least Monday and after processing it I'm sorry to say I won't be letting in any more players at the moment. This is because with 8 gods there is already an awful lot happening and I don't think I could keep up with any more :(

Quote from: crazyabe
Isn't it the next turn now? or have you now decided to cap the game at 8 players?
I am very torn. Because I would very much like you to be in (I would like everyone on waiting list to be in honestly) but after that last turn I'm far less confident in my ability to manage the game with more players. So I'm very sorry but I'll have to take back what I said and cap the game at 8 for now. If future turns go well though I'll probably reconsider.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2017, 06:49:23 pm »

Its also likely that most turns wont have players spending 3-5 actions, at least not for a long time. So this is sort of a big turn.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10