Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: The Calamities of the New Gods (Godgame, OOC thread)  (Read 8179 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Calamities of the New Gods (Godgame, OOC thread)
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2017, 12:01:04 pm »

Lu has the potential to be friends with anyone. He's a fairly moral neutral kind of god. Plus, especially with the various improvement and evolutionary gods, he can agree with them on most things. Improvement is stronger, so thats good. Smarter is stronger, so that's good. So on and so forth.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2017, 12:03:06 pm »

Lu has the potential to be friends with anyone. He's a fairly moral neutral kind of god. Plus, especially with the various improvement and evolutionary gods, he can agree with them on most things. Improvement is stronger, so thats good. Smarter is stronger, so that's good. So on and so forth.
I think Glass is suggesting an alliance of gods who are 'Good'. You can't get into their clubhouse if you're Neutral.
Long Live United Forenia!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2017, 12:19:26 pm »

It was more about being advocates of sentients making ordered societies.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 12:25:34 pm »

This is how I see the moral division so far. Obviously it's not entirely accurate and may change as the game goes on. I tried to view it from mortal eyes, so I guess this is a list of how I think mortals will view the gods.

Astarth - Neutral leaning Good
Acter - Good
Exkit - Neutral
Gnyr - Good leaning Neutral
Lu - Neutral leaning Evil
X'ariliyg, Hope's End - Evil
Oba - Good
Mithra - Good

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2017, 12:27:06 pm »

This is how I see the moral division so far. Obviously it's not entirely accurate and may change as the game goes on. I tried to view it from mortal eyes, so I guess this is a list of how I think mortals will view the gods.

Astarth - Neutral leaning Good
Acter - Good
Exkit - Neutral
Gnyr - Good leaning Neutral
Lu - Neutral leaning Evil
X'ariliyg, Hope's End - Evil
Oba - Good
Mithra - Good

I quite agree with your assessment of my characters morality
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 01:15:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 01:23:36 pm »

I believe we have thoroughly set a lawful good-chaotic evil divide now.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2017, 01:50:57 pm »

You'll get in next turn (8 gods are already enough to turn this little fledgling world into a cinder)
Speaking off the thread is up

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 02:04:49 pm »

Question: what would it take to create a new area? An Act? Two Acts? A Great Act?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 02:05:07 pm »

And so it begins. Now that I've posted I'm not sure about the legitimacy though. So like I wanted to treat them as 1 artifact with 3 separate vessels. Is that legitimate? For power calculations each boomerang itself could possibly be divided by 3 since its really 1 artifact. Not that I think it will matter much, since they're literally just magically heavy objects. The passive is "Be really heavy" and the active is "Fly as though you aren't incredibly heavy" lol.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2017, 02:08:10 pm »

Also, I notice a volcanic eruption is a calamity. Does that preclude me from making a volcano with an Act?

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2017, 02:41:05 pm »

Question: what would it take to create a new area? An Act? Two Acts? A Great Act?
All you need to make a new area is to create some form of separation between the new area and the old one. Even if it's just doing something to make one area a little more distinct. So it's just an act. If and when nations start forming there should be plenty of areas.

As to your other question acts are a little weaker in this than some other games. You could make a volcanic eruption yourself but it would be smaller, more localized and pale in comparison to what would happen if the volcanic eruption calamity gets drawn.

And so it begins. Now that I've posted I'm not sure about the legitimacy though. So like I wanted to treat them as 1 artifact with 3 separate vessels. Is that legitimate? For power calculations each boomerang itself could possibly be divided by 3 since its really 1 artifact. Not that I think it will matter much, since they're literally just magically heavy objects. The passive is "Be really heavy" and the active is "Fly as though you aren't incredibly heavy" lol.
I have gone back and edited a line in the rules that really was meant to be there from the beginning. But the gist of it is that when you make an artifact you describe it and I try and interpret that into rules. You're right that dividing it into 3 is fine, one artifact can only be wielded by one person and so long as that remains true you can split your artifacts into as many parts as you wish. Now looking at your artifact the rules I'd give are "passive +2 on combat and hunting contests and the active is Hunting Tools; lose this artifact to stop the famine calamity from taking effect"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2017, 03:02:52 pm »

Just so we're all clear: we're already up to two acts in the plains. One more, and we trigger a random Lesser Calamity. Which wouldn't be great, at this early stage.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2017, 03:06:51 pm »

Is this still open for more or is this a case of where there is already more than enough people?

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2017, 03:07:00 pm »

Just so we're all clear: we're already up to two acts in the plains. One more, and we trigger a random Lesser Calamity. Which wouldn't be great, at this early stage.
BOOM THERE WE GO

On a more serious note, there's no way to avoid such a thing, unless we agree for some gods to not act. 8 gods and only two locations of any interest. I suggest everyone make an area at the start and we just eat a couple of turn one calamities.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 03:08:31 pm by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10