Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: The Calamities of the New Gods (Godgame, OOC thread)  (Read 8171 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: The Calamities of the New Gods (Godgame, OOC thread)
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 09:50:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:11:29 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 10:02:47 am »

Uhh fancy, i like the mechanics.

Several Questions though: how do mortals work in conjunction with Servants/Gods, as in can mortals for example fight and bring down Servants, or are they basically screwed?

Servants: what prevents me from manifesting the Slayer of Gods powerlevel 18 fighting (for example) and just go around murdering every other Servant in the area? Can they escape? Avoid combat?

Gods: what happens after a god loses a fight against a servant below 10 power difference? Is he banished to somewhere, is he penalized in any way?

If you'll have me i'd really like to join btw.
Mortals have power values and can even join your contests if they worship you and you ask them to. At first a group of them will be say a one and be barely worth the effort. But as they increase in technology, magic and military power a large force of them could slaughter their way through lesser servants.

You could manifest the Slayer of Gods (he's above 6 power value so without a calamity or an artifact allowing you to bypass upkeep restrictions you'd need to keep) but you wouldn't be able to move from the area your in until you unsummon him since it requires a minor act to move and you can't do minor acts while upkeeping a powerful Servant. Also on the turn you summon him you'll need to use an act to do so (again unless calamities or artifacts say otherwise) and his presence counts as a second act when dealing with calamities which brings you dangerously close to three acts which will get you a lesser calamity in the area you cannot currently leave. And if there is another god in the area they'd be able to spend one act to draw a random second tier calamity. As for other Servants in the area they can try to escape and that would be a contest but it wouldn't be a combat contest, it would test the specialties of your servants in the area that can help find them versus the specialties of the enemy servants that dealt with escape, speed and stealth and then there would be a combat contest. It's worth bearing in mind that servants are a little like acts. The scope of things you can tell them to do is pretty wide.

The idea is that gods are a touch more solid than any thing else and that if you can't go after them with overwhelming force they'll just shrug it off. Attacking a god with a servant is usually not going to work out well for the servant. The fight just stalemates the god that lost doesn't do any damage or takes any penalties but next turn he might gain another act and wipe the floor with the servant.

The more the merrier throw up a character sheet and lets have look.

Gonna try something different here. If you don't think it'll mesh well, then strength god is my back up.

Name: Lu
Sphere: Caeterus (The Other)
Description: Lu is an usual god. He reigns over something called the caeterus, a strange alien force which twists reality and nature into some unusual otherworldly landscape. The nature equivalent of antimatter, the Other and Nature cannot coexist very well, often converting large swathes of Nature until it loses momentum and recedes back, leaving deadlands between itself and its opposing force.
You're in, but I will warn you that creating worship capable creatures is much harder in this game requiring either a great act or luck with a calamity so you'll have to try and be careful not to wipe out the only source of worship until you can get Caeterus mortals going.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 10:14:19 am »

Hmmmm, actually I think I'll stick to strong Lu. As interesting an idea as the Caeterus is, it's probably something that's better used rather than specialized in. I can just make it if I feel like it later.

Name: Lu
Sphere: Strength
Description: Ravenheadedbirdmangod.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 10:18:42 am »

X'ariliyg, Hope's End
Sphere: Insanity, and Corruption
Description: A swarm of writhing tentacles al connected to the root of a singular eye. This provoking eye is the of the size larger than even a terrestrial planet, blood wounds and dark-purple silicon surround the tendrils and tentacles that are all emaciating. The Eye sees everywhere and to the heart and mind of all beings, even into a god. Image.
The sphere of insanity, has the endless drive to see all forms of sentience collapse, for all forms  of laws and rules of universe to be broken, for all beings, even gods, to be broken and fight against their own pre-established morales. This is the creed and will of X'arilyg and everything will not stand against the test of existence.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 10:32:32 am by Shadowclaw777 »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 10:30:12 am »

I see this is going to be a very crapsack world. Neat.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 10:41:39 am »

Looks cool, think I'm going to make an obelisk god of stability (that can teleport to different areas to run away from natural disasters) when I get a little free time!

Name:Oba
Sphere: Stability, order.
Description: Oba is a large slab of obsidian, engraved with runes of a long forgotten language, even by him. Whatever god created him is long gone, or perhaps inside of him. Oba doesn't really know, nor does he care all that much. He has hurled through time and space and has arrived on this world, and is looking to take it easy. His goal is to get a nice group of mortals to worship him, serve him, perhaps wash him every now and again when there are a lot of bird droppings. He's hoping he'll get the chance to put his (metaphorical) feet up, but perhaps he will be in for more than he bargained for. . .

Edited in my god
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:18:11 am by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 10:54:19 am »

Hey Jerick, when do you expect to get an IC up?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2017, 10:57:43 am »

Looks interesting, going to make a less dark god this time around, since there's already so many evilish or grey ones.

Name: Mithra
Sphere: Health and Civilization (since everyone else is writing two sphere I guess I might as well)
Description: Mithra is the benevolent god or goddess of health and civilization. It views its relationship to mortals as a doting father or mother might, thinking of them as it's children to be nurtured and protected so that they can grow and build their own civilizations and lives. It always appears to any viewer as something that is relaxing and beautiful to them.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 10:59:52 am »

Name: The Presently Unnamed Because I'm Just Posting A Placeholder
Sphere: Creation
Description: I don't give an name yet you expect a description?

Bloody over-achieving losers.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 11:02:34 am »

Yeah I'm changing my god to something less grimdark
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 11:06:44 am »

I don't want to be fighting a losing battle again. :(
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2017, 11:35:31 am »

Crazy moon lady is no longer that crazy. Also, much nicer.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 11:44:25 am »

Well lets see we've got a good number of gods (more than I was expecting :))
Astarth
Acter
Exkit
Gnyr
Lu 
X'ariliyg, Hope's End
Oba
Mithra

Are currently in, wip gods of course are wip and can come in later when their done. And with that I think I'll start on the IC thread.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2017, 11:50:50 am »

I suspect Mithra, Oba, and Acter will get along nicely.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2017, 11:56:38 am »

What you do not think Gnyr with most everyone?
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10