Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230727 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #480 on: October 31, 2017, 01:01:51 pm »

Head in with Chu.  Look for any picture books.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:50:45 pm by Devastator »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 31, 2017, 01:26:55 pm »

"Aye, sure can do. Just be so kind as to give a shout whe- if things go awry, so we can try to find some cover.

Abu Hajaar, keep a good eye on everyone's weapons. You're the armoury master for now."

Give the weapons from the parlay group to Abu for safekeeping. Head inside if we're let in and take in the sights.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 31, 2017, 01:46:44 pm »

Stay outside for now, if things go to shit bust in and start punching people who are hostile

Spoiler: Jake (click to show/hide)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 31, 2017, 02:23:32 pm »

Shadow Alliance
[Insert internal detective monologue here.]

Sit outside as well, or more accurately lean against something and act hardboiled.(y'know, like a detective)

Spoiler: John Smith (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 03:42:42 pm by Failbird105 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 31, 2017, 03:36:27 pm »

Oh, we may want to start putting our team name on top of our posts, to make it easier to collect us for updates.

"Boss, may I go in first, alone to begin negotiations? perhaps if you and Thag stood just inside the doors, and the others stayed out here, in case things go weird? Or, maybe Thag should stay on the outside, and you should bring one of the others. Either way, let me act as your voice and be your go-between, mkay?"

Pass my rifle off to one of the others and head inside. Look about, attempt to identify one of the LAST WORD members who looks like they are in some sort of authority and approach them confidently but at a casual pace. Stop when i have reached about ten feet from them.

I am assuming that someone in the back of hte room is more likely than someone in the front corners to be important, so if an Int or Awareness roll fails, head me that way.

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)

"Actually, I have an idea. Put your weapon away, I'm going to confirm with any guards that we have no hostile intentions."

Knock on the door, wait for someone to show up and ask us what we want.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

Stay outside for now, if things go to shit bust in and start punching people who are hostile

Sit outside as well, or more accurately lean against something and act hardboiled.(y'know, like a detective)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #485 on: October 31, 2017, 06:58:34 pm »

Enchant my armor with [Gold], aiming to make it as blingy and pretty as possible.
Also count how many dudes there are behind the bars with rifles. That's potentially a good target for cannoning if we have to fight.
Goin' along with syv's plan, if that's not self-evident.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
[1]
You turn the buttons on the front of your jacket into gold. Not even shiny nice gold, but a sort of dull, gunk covered gold. Hmm.

What?! How rude! That ravenbloke just has no manners. Butting in while he was spreading the good word like that, why, he would have a hearty wor...

Abu's thoughts trailed off when he spotted the newest addition to their teaparty, another man in one of the spiffified ex-guard uniforms with a rather dull look in his eyes. Had they even met yet?

"Hey you! You, new guy! What's your name?"

Hand over weapons if Sarge says so, but whine about it. like, a lot.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

You are promptly and continously ignored by both your team and the men on the wall. It seems they consider you something akin to a loud, talkative bird; annoying and spewing nonsense but generally non-threatening.

Kay sighs visibly, then complies.  I understand, sir.

Surrender my rifle if needed. Do as boss's father says. Assist with the bullshit speechifying if needed.

"Aye, sure can do. Just be so kind as to give a shout whe- if things go awry, so we can try to find some cover.

Abu Hajaar, keep a good eye on everyone's weapons. You're the armoury master for now."

Give the weapons from the parlay group to Abu for safekeeping. Head inside if we're let in and take in the sights.

Corven waves his good hand dismissively "Course, course.   I ain't crazy anyway, wouldn't shoot fortified people, doubly not with me girl here.  We given you the guns, or?  Hmm.  Actually, how 'bout we leave the arty with Sarge here, he and Private can get on with the explorin', while me an mine do the talking, make sense?  Don't really wanna hand off cannons like these so easy, hard to get y'know.  Sarge, you get what I'm saying?  You okay with leading what we came here for, y'know, explorin the commies' place, while I talk?  'Course ya do, don'tcha.  Kay, you good with dropping that gun?  Know it's all ya know, but can't have ya keeping with me if ya got a rifle, nope."

Agree, on the condition that we leave the guns with Sarge, Abu, and [ATHATH's character], and they're let through to the other side while Corven, Kay, and Raven go to parley.  Don't volunteer the fact that we have knives, and only ask Kay to give up his knife (singular) if they realize we hsve more than guns.  Corven will be vocally annoyed if the captain wants to talk to him through a set of bars, and will insist on being treated like a proper businessman--but he'll settle down and talk if it's clearly his only choice.  Will decide on what to say then; the best bullshit is dependent on situation.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roncal-Thol Rotheleaod (click to show/hide)

The man at the gate glances back up the the fourth floor and a hand gestures "OK" through the bars.  The guard shouts something up towards the top of the wall and the gate slowly rises, grinding against the wood and straining on the cables. It rises maybe 5 feet and then stops and everyone has to bend and walk through. The inside of the wall is dimly lit, at least in this section. The path between the outer and inner gate is quite thin and flanked on either side by iron bars and a heavy duty metal door. Guards stare out at you from behind the bars, their rifles at ready.  When you look up you can see a story worth of empty space crossed by a catwalk just above, and then the solid planks of the third story floor. The outer gate closes with a heavy thud and the inner gate opens.

The acrid, chemical smell that was an undertone outside the wall overwhelms you as you gaze out at a plane of horrible greenish sludge. The world beyond the gate is coated in a yellow fog that stings on your skin and eyes as well as obscuring everything more than 20 or so feet away. A number of barricades have been set up near the wall and more Dreamers are standing guard.  Sarge, Abu and ATHATH are loaded down with the team's weapons (Minus knives) and sent out into the sludge. It goes up to their ankle, sticks like tar, and immediately starts bleaching their dark shoes and pants.

Once they're outside, the inner gate is closed and the rest of the team is ushered through the door on the right and into the bowels of the wall. Waiting for them is an older man, illuminated only partially by the torches lining the walls. His face is gaunt, his head bald, and one eye is milky, surrounded by what look like chemical burns. His clothing is mostly reddish leather with brass buttons, all tight and crisp like a military uniform.  He has a belt on his waist and another crossing from one hip around his shoulder and back down; its loaded with small pouches. He has a sword on his belt and several pistols that glint sharply in the gloom.

"What do you want?" He says. He's not hostile but his tone and posture make it abundantly clear that he has patience for those that waste his time.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Bird Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #486 on: October 31, 2017, 07:15:08 pm »

"See, if this were a movie this is where I'd say AN ALLIANCE all dramatic-like and then we'd cut to a different scene. But this ain't a move so I have to actually explain ourselves."

Explain that we basically just want to have total access to the gate, and in exchange we'll give them the five words we'd get for controlling the tile and help them out if they're attacked. Sound good? Open to some haggling.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #487 on: October 31, 2017, 07:30:11 pm »

Thank you OZ, that does help.

"Boss, may I go in first, alone to begin negotiations? perhaps if you and Thag stood just inside the doors, and the others stayed out here, in case things go weird? Or, maybe Thag should stay on the outside, and you should bring one of the others. Either way, let me act as your voice and be your go-between, mkay?"

Pass my rifle off to one of the others and head inside. Look about, attempt to identify one of the LAST WORD members who looks like they are in some sort of authority and approach them confidently but at a casual pace. Stop when i have reached about ten feet from them.

I am assuming that someone in the back of hte room is more likely than someone in the front corners to be important, so if an Int or Awareness roll fails, head me that way.

"Actually, I have an idea. Put your weapon away, I'm going to confirm with any guards that we have no hostile intentions."

Knock on the door, wait for someone to show up and ask us what we want.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

Now, the problem is we have two contradicting actions. However, because Rau is leader I'm gonna assume he stops Chu, at least for the moment.

Rau knocks on the front door. There is a long pause and then the door opens. The guard that opened it is an odd fella; he's an older man and not particularly imposing physically. Not the sort of person that screams "Enforcer".  He's wearing a yellow robe of some kind that goes only just below his waist and is covered in decorative fringe and carefully stitched red designs. His pants are a dark dark red, almost black, and he has a silver mustache and round spectacles.  He looks at Rau and knits his brow.

"May I help you, son?" he says, his voice tinged with mild confusion.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 31, 2017, 07:56:13 pm »

Shadow Alliance

"Yes, we just wanted to make sure it would be fine for us to enter. Instead of just barging in. Basically, what I'm asking is if there are any rules of conduct or anything we should respect while we are inside."

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 31, 2017, 08:04:37 pm »

Raven's Roughnecks

Assist boss or her father with speechifying, as appropriate. Stand idle otherwise, observe the surroundings. Do we have a look at higher levels of the wall (and guards manning up there) from this new vantage position? If so, can we have the maps for them as well (or at least the full guard count)?

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 01, 2017, 05:48:12 am »

Hmm, I don't remember agreeing to enter the magi-swamp, but ok, for expedience's sake. Try to get out of/above the gunk and start talking to the nearest guard about the wonders of representative democracy. Also take a closer look at this place. How far does the sludge swamp stretch out?

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 06:32:32 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 01, 2017, 07:07:17 am »

Shadow Alliance

Follow the leader. Do as told. Inspect the doorman and anyone else we encounter carefully. attempt to discern clues from his attire - those patterns, do they mean anything?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 01, 2017, 07:26:47 am »

Roncal Roth

(("his tone and posture make it abundantly clear that he has patience for those that waste his time."?  Cool, he's fine with us blathering pointlessly!))

Corven nods "The girlie's got the gist of it, yeah.  There's been talk in the markets, one of the more aggressive merchant factions has been putting plans inta taking this place, violently.  'Parently they want to control access into the Unreal, think having a monopoly on the shit that comes out'll be some great advantage."

"Now, I'm no merchant, I'unno the business wisdom of that, but I am a fighter.  And I look 'round this place, I see a lot of effort, a lotta work, a lotta men... but I don't see much in the way of supplies or support.  All these fortifications mean jack if even a small force decides to siege ya, and this one has the clout to make sure nobody comes ta help outta the goodness of their heart."

"That's where we come in.  Y'see, I want free access to The Unreal, and I also want this gate to stay here.  Wouldn't even take three've my men to blow this gate sky-high even if we were refused, but I don't wanna go destroying the only protection the city's got.  And I don't want a bunch of idiot merchants being saddled with the responsibility.  So, you agree to ally with us, give me and mine free passage, and I make sure ya don't lose control of this gate.  Doesn't even really cost nothin."

TL;DR, Corven's making up some rumors about a merchant faction wanting to take the gate for themselves, and is pointing out that a siege would easily starve the garrison out.  He's saying that his people are quite capable of blowing the entire gate up, as both an implied threat and a statement that they could easily break any siege, and offering that power to them in an alliance, as long as they let RR have free passage and the hex's words.

In the likely case that I'm assuming something wrong here, like the garrison having support from a large merchant faction, or hex words actually being a significant cost, we're probably going to end up murdering everything.  As such, I'd like a count of visible people--just the three on the map?  Or are there more on the catwalks above?  And did we see the mechanism that opens the gate?

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roncal-thol Rotheleaod (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 01, 2017, 01:35:55 pm »

Sarge will move closer to one of the guards, but while still being within shouting distance of Abu. He'll act casual and friendly and adress the guard. If he's talkative, swap war/combat stories.

"Hey there, name's Murphy. This is a nice place you lads have got here. Do you see a lot of action at your wall?"

He gazes on the wall and fortification.

"Shit, I wish we'd had a wall like this at A Sau. Would have made it a lot harder for Charlie to push us like they did."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #494 on: November 04, 2017, 08:51:54 am »

Shadow Alliance

"Yes, we just wanted to make sure it would be fine for us to enter. Instead of just barging in. Basically, what I'm asking is if there are any rules of conduct or anything we should respect while we are inside."

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)
Shadow Alliance

Follow the leader. Do as told. Inspect the doorman and anyone else we encounter carefully. attempt to discern clues from his attire - those patterns, do they mean anything?

The man opens the door a little wider and you can see him rest the butt end of a spear on the ground by his foot. Its a good 7 feet long, with an oversized diamond shaped metal tip that rests a few inches behind and above his head.  He seems slightly relieved but still mildly confused. "The Last Word is open to anyone, so long as they do no violence to the materials here nor to the patrons and guests. Oh, and please be quiet."

Chu looks the man over.  The doorman's clothing could be the uniform of the guards here; the designs on it are meaningless as far as he can tell, just nice abstract geometric designs. If they mean anything, its not immediately obvious. The doorman himself is, while clearly not a lifelong fighter, familiar with the weapon he wields. He holds it with confidence and shifts its weight with the sort of unconscious ease that only comes from long hours of practice and use.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 114