Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230741 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #465 on: October 30, 2017, 09:43:53 am »

Cloud, Wall, FireForward, Crow, MarkCaster'sEyes, AffectUser, LargeFirearm, Ammunition, Clockwork, Repair, Many

We had some loot words but you're too much of a slowpoke to have any.

((If you want you can have lightsource from me, if you think you'll need it.

Also I just realized we didn't give your char the introductory hazing yet...))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 30, 2017, 10:02:09 am »

Ready yourself for ocular fleshscription.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 30, 2017, 10:36:47 am »

Spoiler: Jake (click to show/hide)

Dont mind this i am just saving this for later
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 30, 2017, 03:01:46 pm »

Hey RRs, I just edited crow into my spell. Because clockwork crow cannonballs is too cool to pass up.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 30, 2017, 04:45:53 pm »

While Abu tries diplomacy, Sarge will stand nearby, trying to look casual while leaning on what is effectively a small cannon. He will scope out places to take cover nearby, and be ready to drag himself and Abu into cover if this situation goes tits up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 30, 2017, 05:25:40 pm »

Corven butts ahead of Abu, raising his one good arm in front of the man, before speaking sternly to the guards  "Wha my funny lil friend here means is that yeah, we want passage, but we also wanna talk some.  Business, and info, yah know?  We're ready fer darn near everything, way I see it, but some talk about what's tha what.  Plus, I see this place, and I know I gotta talk to the man in charge, thinkin we don't even need to go into the crazy zone to get ahead, y'know?  How's about it?"

Push aside Abu, and ask to be provided information about the Unreal, and audience with their leader.  Or, at least, I think that's what he's asking for.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roncal-Thol Rotheleaod (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #471 on: October 30, 2017, 06:36:07 pm »

Well, I think Rau's team is still missing a person but I'll post their map anyways.

Green are civs, nonhostile. Red are potentially hostile members of the Last Word.

From the outside the building you can see that it is a solid square monolith, utterly windowless, that rises a good 5 stories high. It looks like it might have once been a military building, but the original sign has been torn away and replaced with two words painted in thick, ragged red: LAST WORD.

The one nearest the gate lifts a hand and beckons you forward.

"Do you seek entrance to the Unreal?" He asks, with the dry disinterest of an act he's performed many times.

"Well hello there friendo!" Abu said, approaching him while flashing his best toothpaste-commercial smile and sticking his hand out like a proselytizing door to door vacuum salesman. "What a nice day it is indeed. Say, have you got a moment to talk about free market enterprise?"

Surely, once these men had seen the light of capitalism they would jump at the chance to join the hottest club in town!

Derplomacy!

Also finally decided to upgrade Vit after last mission.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

The man stares at you levelly and remains silent but you can see him shifting his weight and the grip on his rifle ever so slightly.

"Abu, please let my dad do the talking."

[Ammunition / Many / Clockwork / Crow]. Aiming to make cannonballs.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
[9] [Pot+5]
You move to the back of the cluster and whisper a few words while crouched down, shielded from view by the bulk of the rest of the gang.

10 shells materialize in a bronze shimmer, like sunlight condensing out of the air itself. They're interesting looking things, like massive bullets but with ornate crow heads, like some sort of bizarre figure head, dominating the front half of the bullet itself while the shell casing looks like a pair of crow wings and a fanned tail. Despite being so fancy, they appear to be ordinary shells, albeit quite large. But when you pick one up you hear something inside it shifting, gears settling.

Kay has been entrusted with an important mission: Guarding lady Feathra. And so he stood motionless, two feet to the side from her, staying his own enthusiasm and initiative while dutifully gazing around for threats.

Guard Raven Feathra. Don't provoke violence, but be ready to shield her if any starts coming her way.

Assist her and her father with parley talks as appropriate, if appropriate. Don't meddle or interfere if my speechifying assistance is clearly not needed.

You stand at attention, keeping a close eye on the situation as it unfolds.

While Abu tries diplomacy, Sarge will stand nearby, trying to look casual while leaning on what is effectively a small cannon. He will scope out places to take cover nearby, and be ready to drag himself and Abu into cover if this situation goes tits up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You look around for cover and find yourself becoming more nervous. The wooden barricades around here are sloped towards the wall, meaning that from the fourth floor at least the shooters could still hit you just fine even if you stood in front of them. Or behind them. The only real cover would be to run straight to the wall and press yourself up against it. The Shooters can't lean out to shoot down at you with the bars in the way so you'd be safe from aimed shots at least. Blind fire might still get you though.

Corven butts ahead of Abu, raising his one good arm in front of the man, before speaking sternly to the guards  "Wha my funny lil friend here means is that yeah, we want passage, but we also wanna talk some.  Business, and info, yah know?  We're ready fer darn near everything, way I see it, but some talk about what's tha what.  Plus, I see this place, and I know I gotta talk to the man in charge, thinkin we don't even need to go into the crazy zone to get ahead, y'know?  How's about it?"

Push aside Abu, and ask to be provided information about the Unreal, and audience with their leader.  Or, at least, I think that's what he's asking for.

"You wanna speak to the watch captain?" The man says, slowly, like he's trying to think through the consequences of such a thing. After a moment he walks over to the door and hits it hard with the butt of his rifle, causing it to ring with a very low "THUNNNNNN" sound. One of the men on the fourth floor answers by striking the metal of the bars in front of his window.

"Catch it?" The first man shouts up.

"Yeah" comes the reply and then a second hit on the bars.

There's a long moment and then the man above shouts down, "If they surrender their weapons, He'll come and talk."

The man at the gate looks back at you with an unreadable expression. "You heard the man."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Bird Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #472 on: October 30, 2017, 08:44:21 pm »

Enchant my armor with [Gold], aiming to make it as blingy and pretty as possible.
Also count how many dudes there are behind the bars with rifles. That's potentially a good target for cannoning if we have to fight.
Goin' along with syv's plan, if that's not self-evident.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 12:41:59 pm by Egan_BW »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 31, 2017, 04:32:27 am »

What?! How rude! That ravenbloke just has no manners. Butting in while he was spreading the good word like that, why, he would have a hearty wor...

Abu's thoughts trailed off when he spotted the newest addition to their teaparty, another man in one of the spiffified ex-guard uniforms with a rather dull look in his eyes. Had they even met yet?

"Hey you! You, new guy! What's your name?"

Hand over weapons if Sarge says so, but whine about it. like, a lot.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 05:39:14 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 31, 2017, 05:26:46 am »

((I think it might be wise to stop casting and enchanting bloody everything, in the vain hope they didn't yet notice we're casters, and casters cannot be "unarmed" so easily.))

Keep guarding Feathra. Surrender my knives if that is decided.

Kay leaned forward to quietly whisper into his boss's father's ear: Sir, we could possibly seal those loopholes in the wall, defanging their riflemen inside yet protecting from our returning fire, thus providing a diplomatic show of force. Just a possibility, sir. And then retreated to his position of guarding her Ravenness.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 12:38:58 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 31, 2017, 06:57:21 am »

"Boss, may I go in first, alone to begin negotiations? perhaps if you and Thag stood just inside the doors, and the others stayed out here, in case things go weird? Or, maybe Thag should stay on the outside, and you should bring one of the others. Either way, let me act as your voice and be your go-between, mkay?"

Pass my rifle off to one of the others and head inside. Look about, attempt to identify one of the LAST WORD members who looks like they are in some sort of authority and approach them confidently but at a casual pace. Stop when i have reached about ten feet from them.

I am assuming that someone in the back of hte room is more likely than someone in the front corners to be important, so if an Int or Awareness roll fails, head me that way.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 31, 2017, 08:22:52 am »

[Pretty sure that i just didnt post anything]
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 31, 2017, 12:25:25 pm »

Corven waves his good hand dismissively "Course, course.   I ain't crazy anyway, wouldn't shoot fortified people, doubly not with me girl here.  We given you the guns, or?  Hmm.  Actually, how 'bout we leave the arty with Sarge here, he and Private can get on with the explorin', while me an mine do the talking, make sense?  Don't really wanna hand off cannons like these so easy, hard to get y'know.  Sarge, you get what I'm saying?  You okay with leading what we came here for, y'know, explorin the commies' place, while I talk?  'Course ya do, don'tcha.  Kay, you good with dropping that gun?  Know it's all ya know, but can't have ya keeping with me if ya got a rifle, nope."

Agree, on the condition that we leave the guns with Sarge, Abu, and [ATHATH's character], and they're let through to the other side while Corven, Kay, and Raven go to parley.  Don't volunteer the fact that we have knives, and only ask Kay to give up his knife (singular) if they realize we hsve more than guns.  Corven will be vocally annoyed if the captain wants to talk to him through a set of bars, and will insist on being treated like a proper businessman--but he'll settle down and talk if it's clearly his only choice.  Will decide on what to say then; the best bullshit is dependent on situation.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 31, 2017, 12:31:13 pm »

"Actually, I have an idea. Put your weapon away, I'm going to confirm with any guards that we have no hostile intentions."

Knock on the door, wait for someone to show up and ask us what we want.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 31, 2017, 12:38:35 pm »

Kay sighs visibly, then complies.  I understand, sir.

Surrender my rifle if needed. Do as boss's father says. Assist with the bullshit speechifying if needed.

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 114