Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: Cult Race: Chaos  (Read 16641 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Race: Chaos
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2017, 03:53:19 pm »

Flak Armour
While strides have been made in making our forces mobile, making them survivable hasn't worked out too well so far. Thus, plans are laid in motion to create armour roughly equivalent of the PDF/Imperial guard (Or just outright stealing it from the factory lines). While it gets a bad reputation as being worthless, this is mostly because it goes up against things that are far more powerful than autoguns or knives. Since knives and Autoguns are all both sides have down here for the time being, such armour would serve well with distinction.

Heavy Stubber
The success of the retrofitted gearbox for the goliath has brought to fore another problem; the vehicle doesn't have any way to support the cultists with it. Given the similar technology already being produced by us in the form of lighter ballistic weapons, a larger calibre vehicle/tripod mounted weapon wouldn't be particularly difficult to develop.

Edit: Would developing proper bayonets or swords be a revision or a full design?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 05:39:41 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2017, 09:55:48 pm »

Heavy Stubber
The success of the retrofitted gearbox for the goliath has brought to fore another problem; the vehicle doesn't have any way to support the cultists with it. Given the similar technology already being produced by us in the form of lighter ballistic weapons, a larger calibre vehicle/tripod mounted weapon wouldn't be particularly difficult to develop.
+1 to this. It should give us both a basic vehicle weapon and a heavier weapon for our cultists.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2017, 09:57:39 pm »

And we could probably revision a version into a LMG for our cultists. Should help out with the firepower they can output.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2017, 04:11:51 am »

Possessed technicians
By summoning demons into our less useful technicians, we can gain the inspiration of the warp. Allowing us to perform never-before-heard-of feats off unparalleled genius. Such as modifying technology, reverse engineering, or even *gasps* inventing something new!

+ 1 to this

Also I am somewhat wondering, why is our sorcerer is bad in combat, as I get it, csm sorcerer got chosen as  mastermind behind the cult, and, well it is not kind of person bad in combat.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2017, 06:53:33 am »

He's about parity with other CSM's, but that's quite low for a leader.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2017, 11:22:12 am »

Heavy Stubber
+1 to this. It should give us both a basic vehicle weapon and a heavier weapon for our cultists.
+1. Should be within our abilities, and I'd like to have a combat-capable design.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2017, 12:09:22 am »

Heavy Stubber
Efficacy: 4 Cost: 3 Bugs: 6

The new heavy stubber shows some significant promise as a weapon to clear massed battlefields. Whilst the materials to make them are slightly more rare than a stubgun, they can be thrown together out of almost entirely civilian equipment.
Currently they can only be carried by the largest and most gifted of our cultists, meaning a limit of one per squad, but their worth on the battlefield is not to be discounted.

Heavy stubber
Military equipment: 3 Civilian Equipment: 13

It is now the revision phase. You have two dice remaining.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2017, 06:22:52 am »

Huh, pretty decent result. Certainly not worth spending any more dice on. I assume adding some to the Goliath design would require a revision? I think it's worth trying to do so. I'm not in the mood to do a write up of the proposal so I'll leave that to someone else, but I will pre-emptively put a vote towards spending 1 die on the aforementioned modification and keeping 1 die in reserve, except, of course, in the unlikely situation that revision is not needed, in which case I say we should save both dice for now.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 06:24:59 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2017, 06:36:16 am »

Quadlinked heavy stubber  mount

By mounting four linked together heavy stubbers on goliath our engineers made weapon capable of shredding crowds or slicing through other light armoured vehicles.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2017, 09:25:51 am »

Twin-linked heavy stubbers would be more practical; we do have to reload them.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2017, 04:45:41 pm »

Ritual Chamber
By building and maintaining a reusable chamber for summoning marines, we can reuse some of the materials needed to bring them forth from the warp, thus reducing the costs to summon them.

Probably more of a design...

Controlled Ritual
We focus the chaotic energies away from the warp-catalysts, increasing the likelihood that they will survive to be reused. Hopefully reducing the material costs of summoning marines.

Improvised Ritual
By incorporating scavenged materials into a summoning ritual, cultists can be converted into marines while in the field, rather than produced from our home base.

Is this already a thing? The marine summoning ritual is kind of vague about its limitations or why it consumes materials when the marine brings their own gear.

Militia
By giving cultists some basic training, we can get them to do amazing things, like looking down a gun's sights, taking cover when someone shoots at them, atempt suppressing fire and covering their allies, spread out their fire against things that don't require concentrated fire to bring down, recognise the difference between soft and hard cover and recognise theat prety much everything is the former so don't stay in one place, and generally behave vaguely like soldiers with hints of competence and a survival agenda rather than a clueless gang of hooting thugs looking to prove themselves.

Some ideas for revisions to existing gear that we will probably be using for a fair while.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2017, 04:53:27 pm »

Hi, Im joining this. Anyway, for the changer of ways and bringer of hope, I advise we either save the dice in the revision or, we use them on the truck. However, Im willing to support the Twin linked heavy stubber idea and the militia idea...It also might be a good idea to try and get chainsword's at some point, shouldn't be too hard seeing that even the Imperial guard uses them.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2017, 04:53:42 pm »

Militia: [1] Taricus

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2017, 05:01:32 pm »

Quote from: votes
Militia: [2] Taricus, Piratejoe
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2017, 11:00:26 pm »

Quote from: votes
Militia: [3] Taricus, Piratejoe, Stabby
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20